Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Heroes Unlimited: OOC thread

Post by catsi563 »

Aw dammit I'm sorry Shock I didn't mean to slip up like this. If you get a fresh idea let me know ok. It was great having you though either way.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

for Ken and Tman no issues with the proposed improvments please feel free to update the roleCall thread for me.

that just leaves Dragonfure Prysm and Magus.

Also Shock if you have a new character youd like to try wed be happy to have you back anytime.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Cool, already done when I had free moment.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Also done
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Upped Exp: Magic to 10 (+16)
Upped Exp: Science to 6 (+12)
Added Innate to Conjuration
Added Acute (Magical Awareness) to Everwatchful Eye

I'll have an interlude up in IC Monday night. I'm sorry for the delay.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kaisius wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:28 am Upped Exp: Magic to 10 (+16)
Upped Exp: Science to 6 (+12)
Added Innate to Conjuration
Added Acute (Magical Awareness) to Everwatchful Eye

I'll have an interlude up in IC Monday night. I'm sorry for the delay.
No worries kas all changes approved.

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

putting the new chapter into effect soon guys I know its been crazy for everyone.

I'm also debating opening up for a sixth member, with Shocks absence our little group is missing an investigator and mook sweeper. and someone to banter with Hornet :lol:

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:55 pm putting the new chapter into effect soon guys I know its been crazy for everyone.

I'm also debating opening up for a sixth member, with Shocks absence our little group is missing an investigator and mook sweeper. and someone to banter with Hornet :lol:
What's required for the PC?I may have just the person(i made him up for the Palladium version,but i can re-adjust him for this)......
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'll have my Sub up for checks by tomorrow/Monday at the latest(i have to do a lot of binge reading to catch up)....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,after all the irl junk finally got taken care of,here's my submission the School Teacher turned Urban Crimefighter Vigilante
replace the Nunchuks with a Police Baton&get rid of the Symbol on his chest
NAME:Vigilante ID:Jack Hammer PL-10 PP-150
STR-3 STA-3 AGL-6 DEX-6 FGT-12 INT-4 AWE-4 PRE-4

Skills: 39pp
Acrobatics 6(+12) Athletics 6(+9) Close Combat:unarmed 2(+14) Deception 6(+10) Expertise:Teacher 4(+8)-Streetwise 4(+8)-Police 4(+8) Insight 6(+10) Intimidation 8(+12) Investigation 8(+12) Perception 6(+10) Ranged Combat:Thrown 8(+14) Stealth 8(+14) Technology 2(+6) Persuasion 4(+8)

Advantages: 27pp
Defensive Roll 3,Equipment 8,Uncanny Dodge ,Contacts ,Hide In Plain Sight ,All-Out Attack ,Defensive Attack ,Improved Critical(Unarmed) ,Power Attack ,Takedown 2, Redirect, Agile Feint, Startle, Interpose ,Assessment ,Well-Informed ,Diehard

Powers/Equipment: 31pp
Armored Costume(Protection 2)-2pp
Grappling Hook Launcher(Movement 1:Swinging)-2pp
Police Batons(Str-Based Damage 2,Ranged 4)-2pp
Combat Pouches(Array=25 points
Flash Bangs:Burst Area Dazzle 3 (Visual and Auditory)- 12 points
Riot Gas(Tear gas):Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 4(Resisted by Fort;Dazed and Vision Impaired,Stunned and Vision Disabled,Incapacitated)-1 point
Pepper Spray:Close Visual Dazzle 4,chemical - 1point
Police Stun Gun:Affliction 5,electrical- 1 point
)-25 points

Offense:
Initiative+6 ,Police Batons(Thrown)+14(Ranged,Damage 4) ,Unarmed+14(Close Damage 3)

Defenses: 15pp
Dodge-12/17(w/Defensive Attack) Parry-12/17(w/Defensive Attack) Will-10 Fortitude-6 Toughness-8/5*(w/out defensive roll)

Complications:
Motivation (Doing Good)- After everything Jack has seen in his Life,he refuses to not do something to help anymore..
Identity-Jack doesn't want any of his Students to find out he's doing this,as he's afraid they may try to "Follow His Lead" and get Killed or worse...
Responsibility(Teacher)-Jack feels that he has a "Responsibiity" to his Students to not only Show-up on time,but be awake for class,as well...
Relationship(Teaching staff at John Carver High School)-While Jack has a soft Spot for the rest of the Staff,he can't let them know he's doing this....
Enemy(Lockdown)-Jack managed to not only Soil his Reputation by Keeping his Target alive,but also managed to get him caught&as such now has a Vendetta Sworn on him by the Man...
Relationship(Lady Isabelle "Izzy" Sinclair)-After Being saved by Jack from Lockdown,The Wealthy British Debutaunt has become His Biggest and Loudest Supporter(Which could get her into Trouble Later on,if she's not Careful)...

Background:
Jack Hammer grew up on the Streets,having to scounge Money to help support an Alcholic(?) Mother(His Father,a Middleweight Boxer,Died in the Ring due to a Rigged Match).Jack Grew Bitter,but had the support of his Friends(who later became the Teaching Staff at their Local High School) and decided to due something about the Rampant Gang Problems in both his Neighborhood&the City in General.While the Public(as well as Certain News Outlets)Lauded his Efforts as "The People's Hero",the Police took a rather Dim View of his Activities.Now,he juggles being the Resident Gym/Boxing Teacher at his Old High School while Patrolling at Night as the Armored Vigilante.He recently drew a lot more attention when he managed to stop the Super-Powered Assasin Lockdown by playing a Rather Public game of Tag across half the City,managing to keep both his Target Alive&Capturing him for the Police.He also drew a lot more attention during the VIPER trial,as he managed to keep a Good portion of Their Soldiers away from the Courthouse(though he did eventually fail due to sheer numbers)....

Totals: Abilities 84+Powers 0+Advantages 27+Skills 29+Defenses 15=155pp

Build Notes:
The inspiration for Jack came from 2 places;the thought that Gangbuster was a perfectlt Viable hero if he could get out from Superman's Cape and the need to make a PC for a Heroes Unlimited game my brother was running set in New York(i was also into a Welcome back,Kotter bing and the thought of a Teacher by day,Urban Crimefighter by Night intrigued me).
Last edited by MacynSnow on Mon May 07, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

On a quick check he looks fine

only notes id say is his equipment is off by one equipment point hed need Equipment 2 for that

Skills are off I house rule 3 for 1 skills and 2 for 1 combat

he has 27 pp on skill spent 68 points in skills =23pp and 10 in combat = 5pp

so you have a little room

beyond that hes solid maybe some martial strikes or additional skills might be in the offering

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:14 pm On a quick check he looks fine

only notes id say is his equipment is off by one equipment point hed need Equipment 2 for that

Skills are off I house rule 3 for 1 skills and 2 for 1 combat

he has 27 pp on skill spent 68 points in skills =23pp and 10 in combat = 5pp

so you have a little room

beyond that hes solid maybe some martial strikes or additional skills might be in the offering
Cool,i should be done with new adjustments sometime tomorrow(i like to write my stuff out in pencil first,as he helps both my math&lets me keep track of points better.I am an OLD D&D 2e player,so it's second nature.... ;) )

Btw; i think that leaves me with 25 points right?....
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

11 I think actually you spent 39 on skills

he has 28 spent by house rules so he ahs one free skill point

and 11 pp left over

I think if my math isn't entirely out of whack :?

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 pm 11 I think actually you spent 39 on skills

he has 28 spent by house rules so he ahs one free skill point

and 11 pp left over

I think if my math isn't entirely out of whack :?
In that case,this won't take long at all&I'll be done by tonight....:)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,i added 7 points to Equipment,which let me get a Utility Belt(Re; Combat Pouches),added Persuasion(it'd fit with both his Teacher theme and with Well-Informed),and added a couple more advantages.

Let me know if the math adds right! ;)