Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak fights back a frown as the doldrums of the trip have already started distracting him. It was his intent to be vigilant, on the watch for trouble, but as the hours roll by he finds his attention wandering.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack
It had become a quiet moment, and Jack was taking the time to look out over the surroundings, just taking it in. It was somewhat pretty in a way, reminding him of his travels with his company.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kiara had been using the road doldrums to meditate and focus her mind and senses as shed been taught retaining perception while resting her mind. at the slightest stimulation of her senses though she casually reached to her back as if to scratch it and loosened the khurki knives across her back for easier draw using the cloak to cover the motion.

Kiaras perception _: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
meh reasonable

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan:

As your eyes scan over the well-travelled route you spot some signs of a fight – the way the horse tracks suddenly rear back and circle around, several broken arrows litter the ground on both sides of the route, dark stains on the ground that look like some liquid was spilled and dried in the sun of the day.

That causes you to more carefully take in your surroundings where you pick out members of a goblin raiding party waiting for a perfect target. Before you can call out to warn the others, the goblins make their move – with some of them aiming readied shortbows and firing arrows at the group while other members rush the group with swords drawn, a goblin war cry filling the air.

Everyone Else:

From seemingly out of nowhere a group of goblins spring out from hiding places in the surrounding area, with some of them aiming and firing shortbows to cover the approach their sword wielding allies.

OOC wrote:Goblin’s Stealth: Stealth: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24, so that means that Lan is the only one of the group who is not surprised. So let’s get some initiative rolls from everyone, even though the majority of the group can’t act until after the surprise round.

Goblin’s Initiative: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan's call of "Ambush!" comes too late as the fetid creatures spring their trap.
Initiative: 1d20+4 8
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st | Bardic Inspiration 4
Inspiration Point: ?

Initiative: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16

Abigail was immersed in her 'road games'. "I spy with my little eye something that begins with a.... AHHHH!" she screams as Goblins pour around her.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak bites back a curse as he fumbles for his shield with one hand, keeping the reigns in the other.

"Find cover and arm yourselves!" He barks in voice perfected from years of commanding soldiers in the field.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Arrows fills the skies and rain down upon the group, however none of them come close to hitting any of you. Although their efforts make for an excellent distraction for their cohorts to move in much closer to try their swords against your armors only to have their blades stopped.

OOC wrote:Oddly enough ( :lol: ), there are 14 goblins total; 7 armed with shortbows and the other 7 have drawn their scimitars and move in to attack.

Bow Wielding Goblins Attack: _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11, and they miss everyone.

Sword Wielding Goblins Attack: _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11, and they miss too.

So that’ll bring it to Lan’s turn.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 18/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 3/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Iniative: 14

The dwarf struggles with the reigns as his horse rears in response. "Ack! Little blighters, get back! Back before I turn ye all into dragon kibble!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
Surprise round.

The advantage of being in the rear cart is that the horses will follow the cart in front of them.

Lan springs from the driver's seat to the nearest Goblin, swinging her staff. "Branch in hurricane!"
Quarterstaff
Attack: 1d20+6 20
dmg: 1d8+4 12
assuming 12 drops it.
Her quarterstaff [presumably] caves the skull in on one Goblin while she spins to double-kick two different other Goblins. "Mule gets castrated!"
Spending a Ki to use 2 unarmed attacks as a bonus action
unarmed: 1d20+6 21
unarmed dmg: 1d4+4 5

She'll spread out the bonus kicks on two adjacent targets.

unarmed 2: 1d20+6 19
unarmed 2 dmg: 1d4+4 7
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack
init 20, hp 19, ac 13

Init: _: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

The seeming laziness of the entertainer was revealed quickly to be a deception, the stilness of a large cat prepared to strike as he uncoils and into a standing position upon the wagon.

There was a quick gaze, taking in everything, looking for spots of opportunity for trickery, ways to turn the environment itself against those foolish enough to ambush the party that he had claimed as his own- though he had not yet said it.

The hands begin to twitch, a wild gaze coming into his eyes as he turns towards the largest, most richly appointed among the gobs, the b'ass. For all too often, if the b'ass falls, so goes the rest of the group. The head removed, the pigeon quivering before it does, the scarlet juices splashed across the lips of the geek.

The hands continue to twitch, once, twice. The first to envelop the lesser creature, claiming it. The second, releasing a small butterfly of evening hues, dark purples, midnight blues and blacks... to float towards the greenskin, to provide onto it a kiss of death.
Move action: stand from prone
Bonus action: cast hex, disadvantage on charisma checks
Action: Eldritch blast: to hit: _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 if that hits: _: 1D10+4 = [7]+4 = 11 force damage _: 1D6 = [5] = 5 necrotic.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara

As the goblins rushed forth Kiara silently cursed herself for allowing the monotoy of the road to lull her into a near daze. her teachers at the shadows hand would have broken a few canes over back for that.

She sat utterly still as they appeared unnaturally so.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Lan's alertness allows her to take out two of the three goblins she attacks, the remaining one barely able to stand after the vicious kick she unloads up in it.

OCC wrote:All Of Lan's attacks hit, taking out 2 of the three targets.

GM rolled initiative for Anne: _: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Initiative:
Kiara 22
Jack 20
Abigail 16
Jarrak 15
Tully 14
Anne 9
Lan 8

Opponent Count - 12 remain (7 archer, 4 melee opponents)
That's the end of the surprise round & Kiara is up next.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara

Kiara stayed still as the goblins approached a few arrows raining down around her. when two of them approached her she suddenly lashed out the wicked edge of the khurki knife causing the goblin to scrabble backwards with a squawk. the second goblin saw a roundhouse kick blurring toward its head with lethal intent.

Shell attack one with her short sword _: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 pfft nope

shell follow up with an unarmed attack _: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
nope thats a miss as well

if she can move after this i wouldnt mind her stealthing out _: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
thats good sneak if not ill save it for next round

Catsi stories
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Vivid wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:00 am Abigail was immersed in her 'road games'. "I spy with my little eye something that begins with a.... AHHHH!" she screams as Goblins pour around her.
"Is it 'AHHHHH Shit! Goblins'?" Anne asks as she ducks behind some cargo to avoid the hail of poorly aimed goblin arrows.

OOC: Thanks for rolling for my init, sorry for not doing it myself.