Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Tattooedman »

Jack:

For a moment your target's eyes glaze over as if distracted by some unseen force, a sure sign your first spell has taken hold of it. Then the magical energy you sent at it slams into the creature, sending it flying back several feet and causing it to lose its hold on the sword it had been wielding. After hitting the ground and skidding back several more feet (leaving a trail in the grass behind it) the black butterfly lands on the goblin's head and bestows the necrotic energy it had built up, causing the goblin's head to explode in a shower of gore and bits.

OCC wrote:Hex obviously hits, and so does Eldritch Blast with the Necrotic bonus damage. That goblin is dead and I'm going to assume Jack was targeting one of the sword carrying goblins.

Opponent Count - 11 remain (7 archer, 3 melee opponents)
That's make it so that Abigail is up next.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st, now 2 | Bardic Inspiration 4, now 3
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail's instincts are not honed enough to draw her mother's rapier clutching to her shield instead. "You got this, Uncle!"
she whispers to bolster the swordsman. She then stands and raises her voice, clear in the sunlit afternoon.

"Iuz grant all you warriors the prowess of the heroes of legend!"
bonus action - give inspiration to Jarrak
in next 10 min, +1d6 that he can roll after seeing his roll but before outcome is known for attack rolls, saving throws, or ability checks.(Once)

Action, Bless: Jarrak, Lan, & Kiara
+1d4 on all attack rolls and saving throws. (Concentration)
Though if her words make anyone feel better about their life choices that is a free action. :)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OOC wrote:

Initiative:
Kiara 22
Jack 20
Abigail 16
Jarrak 15
Goblins 13
Tully 14
Anne 9
Lan 8

Opponent Count - 11 remain (7 archer, 3 melee opponents)
That will bring us to Jarrak's turn.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak drops the reigns, and steps on them as he stands to hold them in place. He lifts his shield into place and scans the surroundings. The ones with the melee fighters had been badly hurt, but the archers looked to be unhurt. With a grunt he reached back and pulled a javelin from his pack.

"Blackguards! These roads are under my protection!" Jarrak roars, ignoring the twinge of pain in his arm as he hauls back and hurls the weapon at one of the archers.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jarrak:

The expertly thrown javelin pierces the Goblin archer's neck, throwing the creature down to the ground as its lifeblood pools on the ground.

OOC wrote:That hits obviously. Plus the damage done is way over what the Goblin can take so it is dead.

Opponent Count - 9 remain (6 archer, 3 melee opponents)

That brings it to the Goblin's turn now.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Again the Goblins try to coordinate their attacks between the melee fighters and archers, with more success than their first attempt. One of the sword wielding Goblins manages to score a hit on Tully while half of the remaining archers hit Abigail, Anne and Jack with carefully aimed shots.

OOC wrote:Goblin Archers Attack (6 total): _: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17. One attacks Abigail and hits (Damage - _: 1D6 = [4] = 4), the 2nd targets Jack and connects (Damage - _: 1D6 = [4] = 4, the 3rd aims at Anne and hits (Damage - _: 1D6 = [6] = 6, the 4th goes after Jarrack and misses, the 5th shoots at Lan and misses, while the 6th fires at Kiara misses.

Goblin Melee Fighters Attack (3 total):_: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14. One tries to attack Jarrak and misses, another goes after Tully and just manages to connect, while the third one goes after Kiara but misses as well.

Goblin Attacking Tully Damage: _: 1D6 = [3] = 3.

Opponent Count - 9 remain (6 archer, 3 melee opponents)
That makes it Tully's turn.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st, now 2 | Bardic Inspiration 4, now 3
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail cries out as the arrow finds it's mark.
The pain overwhelms her and the spell's presence in her mind fades.
[Well, shoot! No more +1d4 to attacks or saves for Lan, Kiara, or Jarrak]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 15/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 3/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Ack-! Bloody dry biscuits on a hot sunday mornin', get back and away form me ye' lil' blighter!" Tully shouts, easing his horse backwards on the reigns with his right hand. In his free hand noxious gas bubbles up from his hands, before he launches it with a puff into the goblin's face.

Poison Spray, DC 13 Con Vs. 4 poison damage.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack
init 20, hp 15/19, ac 13 Slots: 1/2
Concentration: _: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Jack hisses out, letting out a foul sounding oath, as his waving right hand is grazed by the arrow, making him loose his focus and concentration, and the much needed hex spell goes fizzle.

It was getting important, far more important, to find a quick way out of this situation before things became even more dire.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Anne Natomti
Init 9, Hp 8/14, AC13, Lvl 1 slots 3/3

Anne screams as the arrow hits her. She grits her teeth and raises the skull-like orb she uses as a spell focus. Fire blazes in the eye sockets. "If that's how you want it, then BURN!"

A bolt of fire blasts at the goblin that shot Anne.

OOC: Firebolt 1d20+5: 17, Damage 1d10: 7
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Tully:

The goblin takes the poison right in its face and chest region, cursing (you assume) in his native tongue as he staggers back several steps and wipes his eyes with his free hand.
OOC wrote: Goblin's Constitution Saving Throw: _: 1D20+0 = [6]+0 = 6, and fails. So he takes the 4 damage, but doesn't go down for the count (although he's close).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

"The hell are you blubberin' about?! You're the one that stabbed me in the first place! Iffin' ye' don't like getting spells punted into ye' face, then maybe have a bit of common courtesy to avoid stabbin' any random old man in the leg!" He starts shouting, "Come at me with that blade again and you're gonna' get a whole lot worse then just that too!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Anne:

Your motivated attack hits your attacker and incinerates him where he stands, filling the air with his final screams, smoke and the smell of burnt skin.

OOC wrote: Initiative:
Kiara 22
Jack 20
Abigail 16
Jarrak 15
Goblins 13
Tully 14
Anne 9
Lan 8

Opponent Count - 8 remain (6 archer, 2 melee opponents)

That will bring us to Lan's turn.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
End of 1st round.

The monk's feet barely touch the ground as she twirls into the midst of the archers.

Her staff descends for a nearby goblin head. "Pine falls!"
Quarterstaff
attack: 1d20+6 25
staff dmg: 1d8+4 10
With a nod Kai descends to brush by the head of Goblin archer distracting it then zips back into the trees. [Fly-by-action]
Her staff strike gave her moment to lift for another double kick. "Bull by the horns!"
Spending second Ki to use 2 unarmed attacks as a bonus action.
Familiar moves down from trees to use aid action against the first archer she attacks with flurry.
unarmed 1: 1d20+6 9
unarmed 1 adv: 1d20+6 7 both miss I assume

unarmed 2: 1d20+6 14
unarmed 2 dmg: 1d4+4 7
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan:

Your first attack cracks against the goblins head, adding him to the growing pile of downed attackers. However, the archers that you move against are able to avoid your martial attack but just barely even with your familar's help.
OOC wrote:There's No way the first goblin can survive that attack & is down.

The two following attacks miss.

~End of first round, star of the second round, which makes it Kiara' s turn.

Opponent Count - 7 remain (6 archer, 1 melee opponents)