Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

"Of course. If they can learn to be a reasonable lot, then perhaps we can reach some mutual agreement for their own sakes." He steps back from the bound trio, dusting his hands of their dirt and grime. "As well as perhaps teaching them propper some standards."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

A nod over to Lord Tully. "You've got some good points there. Do they normally attack in such a large swarm? So well, brave or stupidly?" he laughs softly, thoughtfully.

"Before I ask many more questions... is this when the looting happens? I'm none too eager to go foraging in this filth, but .." he shrugs, "A bit more coin is always nice to have."

""And what of the beasts that would harass the lanes that would feast of the foul flesh?"

"I don't know much of gobs. I suspected that taking out the biggest and baddest looking of the batch would scare the rest of the way, but that didn't work as intended."

He crouches down, looking at the one that he just about removed the head of. "Who's son, were you?"

He continues to walk through the group, "What of the bigger picture? The mates and littles? What of those that would seek to take their place?"

A quick look back around the group, "Anyone have a message to send back to town?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

A raised shield caught the arrows sent his way as he reached for the third javelin. He was halfway to throwing it when he saw that there was no need to anymore.

He stood at attention for a moment, scanning the area for any other hidden targets before finally slipping the javelin back where it had come from.

"I'm used to them breaking earlier when they take such losses," Jarrak says, slowly sliding his shield back into place, "It might be wise if we didn't spend much time here. Even if they don't have backup there might be animals drawn to all the blood."

"Jack, Lan, would you mind searching the bodies and moving them off the path? Try not to leave them any weapons they can come back for, we can throw them in a cart and bury them later if we need to,"
He asks, "Everybody else should tend to their wounds, check the animals and carts. We'll move along for another hour then we can stop and figure things out a bit more."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan will begin doing as the older traveler suggests taking coin/valuables/weapons from the corpses and dragging them into the woods. Kai, meanwhile, is flying from tree to tree around the area the goblins came from and in the direction the one was running, trying to find if the Goblins have a place they stashed plunder from their previous conquests. He will alert Lan telepathically if he sees a like location.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OOC wrote:For whoever is going over the goblins bodys, lets have a Perception Check (open to any & all that want to do it).

Kai finds a stash of travel goods, camping supplies and some shiny objects in a small grove just a head of the group's location.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

The monk finishes up with the archer's bodies.
Perception: 1d20+6 17
"It looks like Goblin's stash is in a clearing just ahead of here." She reports. "We can stop the carts just ahead to collect it."
[Edit: I read T-man's message better.]
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak tends to the horses first, before checking his cart quickly.

After that he makes his way to the closest goblin, the one that had attacked Lord Tully. He crouches down to examine the body before gathering the creature's weapons and dragging the corpse off the road.

A part of him wished to properly dispose of the bodies, be it by fire, burying or by a longer distance from the road, but he didn't have the time for that.

Besides, the scavengers would likely have this cleaned up in the span of a day.

Dusting his hands he returns to the caravan to join the others, collecting his thrown javelins along the way.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

"Should probably end them to be secure." she says quietly with no tone to her voice as if she were discussing what to have for breakfast.
"It looks like Goblin's stash is in a clearing just ahead of here." She reports. "We can stop the carts just ahead to collect it."
"I'll go look." she responds in the same tone, pausing long enough to check the cart she was driving before moving into the forest like a shadow in the indicated direction.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack arches a brow slightly at Jarrak's words. A quick look away, a slow smile coming to his lips. Now was not the time. Not to mention that it seemed that few others of the party were paying attention to the paladin's requests either.

But still, there was work to be done and not much time to do it.

If it is not the dark and beautiful butterflies landing upon the bodies, than it is the quick fingers of the silvered hand that was removing their valuables.

In any case, it was not his hands that touching their wretched flesh.

"Most wise Anne, is there anything here that you will be able to use? Or that you can keep from happening to these poor souls?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Vivid wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 2x1st now 1 (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail looks up from her prone position and lowers her shield, her muscles stiff from gripping it so tight. Taking care not to re-impale herself on the arrow lodged in her armor, she pulls the goblin projectile free and examines the tip for poison and general cleanliness. She was no physiker and her means of magical healing didn't remove poisons from the body.
Any evidence of poison? I'm assuming no or you would have mentioned it, GM.
"Is everyone alright?" she asks, holding a clean cloth to her own shallow injury. "I can do some healings and have magics to repair armor and clothes." As she looks over the others she notes the injuries of Jack, Jarrak, Tully as not much graver than her own, but she sees hard hit taken by Anne where the arrow did as much damage as it possibly could. She makes her way over to the necromantress. "Please let me help with that." she says extending a hand.
[Assuming Anne lets Abigail touch her. Cure Wounds: 1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11
.]
She likewise notes the nobledwarf binding the Goblins. "I can... translate if that's your intention." she offers hesitantly.
"Thanks Abby, that really helps a lot." Anne says as her wounds heal beneath the clerics touch.
Spectrum wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:37 pm Jack

In any case, it was not his hands that touching their wretched flesh.

"Most wise Anne, is there anything here that you will be able to use? Or that you can keep from happening to these poor souls?"
"I'll take a look but probably not. My practical magics not up to the point where I can raise a thrall on my own yet, and if you don't preserve them probably corpse parts tend to smell." The Gnome says as she looks over the bodies. Anne takes some anatomy notes down as she looks the bodies over. "If we want the bodies properly disposed of I've got a shovel, but digging a hole large enough to hold all of them might take more time than we have. If you pile them up and drench them in something flammable I could manage a makeshift pyre."

Beaker meanwhile flies over to one of the corpses and plucks an eyeball out and proceeds to eat it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

The dwarf stands by the bound goblins, watching them carefully with crossed arms. Once the magic had worn off, they were going to have words. Words that were, of course, hopefully going to be translated by the wonderful linguist who volunteered her services.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail watches the scene and disposition of everyone. "Kiara probably shouldn't go alone if Goblins are about. Annie, can Beaker follow her as overwatch through the trees? You can watch the area through his eyes and warn of danger."

Abigail steps up next to Lord Tulley. "I know Uncle Jarrak wants to get going quick. If you used a standard sleeping enchantment..." Abigail says bending down and slaps each of the bound goblins in turn.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

The monk will shift her view to Kai to monitor her friend.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

kiara glided soundlessly through the woods towards her destination keeping her senses open to eveything around her

Kiraras perception _: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13 pbbt :P

should just go with her passive
its higher
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan:

As you secure the downed Goblins you notice one of them is wearing a silver necklace, one that is finely crafted and has a pendant that is shaped like a hammer a blacksmith would use. It is clearly highly valuable and well made, clearly not something made by Goblin hands and you know this for a fact as you remember seeing Gundren Stonebreaker wearing the exact same thing last night.

Then with a suspicious eye you glance over the other goblins and notice bits of jewelry that isn't of Goblin design, from what you can tell all of the items in question are Dwarven in design style, and are things you also recall either Gundren or Silas wearing.

Otherwise the Goblins have little else of interest or value on themselves.

OOC wrote:Lan is the only member of the group that attempted the original perception check and made it.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!