Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kirara continues moving never presenting a stationary target for the archers before moving into them like a snake one inward curved blade lashing out at one of the archers with a flash of steel.

Continuing to move she rushed one of the other goblins and threw a brutal roundhouse kick at its head with ill intentions

Kiara will attack one of the archers _: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22 hits _: 1D6+4 = [1]+4 = 5
PBBT :P 5hp damage but if its within 5 feet of Lam might add 1D6 sneak attack damage to that

follow up strike on another archer _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 bingo _: 2D4+4 = [2, 3]+4 = 9
9 damage to the other archer

goofed a couple of the rolls added the wrong numbers to them theyre correct now
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Kiara:

Your newest target tries to defend himself from your attack, but you easily bypass his defensive efforts and your flashing steel is the last thing he sees before closing his eyes for the last time. Wasting no time to relish the small victory, you close the distance between you and another of the goblin archers using a roundhouse kick to carry you the final few feet. The impact of your foot against the goblin’s head gives off a thick, meaty slapping noise that is very satisfying to you as you feel the bones give at the point of impact resulting in the goblin falling face down dead.

OOC wrote: Kiara’s first attack hits, and I’ll say that the goblin is within 5 ft of Lan so there is sneak attack damage.
Sneak Attack Damage: _: 1D6 = [6] = 6. In total that is more than enough to end the goblin.

Initiative:
Kiara 22
Jack 20
Abigail 16
Jarrak 15
Goblins 13
Tully 14
Anne 9
Lan 8

Opponent Count - 5 remain (4 archer, 1 melee opponents)

Now it is Jack’s turn, followed by Abigail, then Jarrak.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack
init 20, hp 15/19, ac 13 Slots: 1/2

The man draws back with a lazy grin, a few reverential words passing from his lips. A prayer? "Bayan sağlar"

Opportunities that were not there previously as now open. Choices, choices.
No game map, so not sure which of these options are available. Putting them in order of preference.
If the remaining gobs were foolish enough to stay close together (10 ft cube) then he would move forwards, a fierce grin drawing his lips back into a rictus of imperious glee, a gaze certain to inspire fear, "Beg for your miserable lives!" (Fey Presence, Wis vs 14)

If they were wiser than they had any right to be, there would be further moves, ducking back, shifting so that there would be something between the majority and the trickster, something that might provide cover?

Could they be so fortunate for the environment to offer more? Perhaps a limb overhanging the road, and from there, upon the foul gobs? Something that could be dropped upon the worthless wastes of flesh? And if nothing was convenient, one of the archers could be attacked more directly, a eldritch blast upon the nose.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 2x1st, now 2 | Bardic Inspiration 3, now 2
Inspiration Point: ?

[Her action won't be affected by the results of Jack's. I'll post it now.]

Abigail surveyed the scene with a panicked glance. With the only Goblin in melee range a threat to Lord Tully the librarian cleared her throat.

In the harsh goblin language she called to the swordsman. <Goblin>"You have disproportionately small ears for a goblin!!!" </Goblin>

Luckily the bardic magic didn't need much to work with as it sought to flood the foe's brain with images of being taunted and shunned for diminutive ears. Phantasms of its peers laughing at and mocking the goblin as a child and adult assaulted the goblin's psyche.

Having noted the monk messengers' failed kicks she again speaks up. "You got this, Lan. Honor your teachers!"

With no one close Abigail lays prone on the cart to make her a harder target for the archers.
Action - Cantrip, Vicious Mockery against the sword-goblin already wounded by (and engaged with) Tully.
DC 14 Will save, if it fails it has disadvantage on its next attack and takes psychic dmg: 1D4 = [4] = 4

bonus action - give inspiration to Lan
in next 10 min, +1d6 that she can roll after seeing her roll but before outcome is known for attack rolls, saving throws, or ability checks.(Once)

Free action- Drop prone, Ranged attacks are at disadvantage against her, though melee attacks are at advantage against her if any of the goblins close.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

With practiced precision Jarrak turns, pulls another javelin and hurls it at one of the remaining archers with a roar.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jack:

The eldritch blast you turn loose upon one of the remaining archers is just off enough that it barely misses the creature as it streaks through the space right over the goblins left shoulder and magical energy burns through the tree limb hanging behind him - causing it to crash to the ground in a loud fashion the startles the goblin.

OOC wrote:The remaining goblins are not standing within 10 ft of one another, and while those remaining do not have any benefits of cover Jack's attack is not high enough to beat their AC.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Abigail:

As the goblin swordsman finished wiping off the last few drops of Tully's poisonous attack, you insult the size of his ears.

While an odd insult, the magic carefully interwoven within the words do not require the words to be the most personally vexing. Oh no, the words are simply the tool with which the magic penetrates the target.

Illusionary memories of the goblins friends laughing at him while mocking and taunting him for having been born with such diminutive ears flood his mind while magical energy floods inside what passes for the goblins actual brain, causing the creature to drop his sword as to grip his head in anguish before falling unconscious to the ground.

OOC wrote:That hits.
Goblins Will Save: _: 1D20+-1 = [12]+-1 = 11, that is a fail. Now, combined with the damage Tully has already done to this particular goblin it is defeated.

Opponent Count - 4 remain (4 archers)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jarrak:

Once again Jarrak shows his combat skill as he deftly draw loose a new javelin at another of the surrounding goblins. One of the first one from the group is the target and surely enough Jarrak hits his target.

However, this time the older man just seriously injures the creature as his javelin hits its target squarely in the gut, the force of the impact driving the goblin down to the ground.
OOC wrote:That will hit, but the goblin archer remains a threat.

Goblin' s turn now.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Despite their dwindling numbers advantage, the remaining goblins continue their assault on the group by firing more another volley of arrows at Jarrak, Lan and Abigail only for their arrows to be stopped (or dodged) either by martial skill or forge hardened armor that easily withstands the attack.

OOC wrote:Alright, just 4 archers left and one of them is prone (thanks to Jarrak). So that injured goblin can only move or attack, and he wants to be able to attack so he will pick himself up off the ground.

As for the rest, they are shooting another round of arrows; targeting Jarrak, Lan and Abigail.

Arrow Attack: _: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15; so that will misses all three (So I don't even need to roll the disadvantage on Abigail.

Initiative:
Kiara 22
Jack 20
Abigail 16
Jarrak 15
Goblins 13
Tully 14
Anne 9
Lan 8

So that will bring us to Tully's turn.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 15/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 2/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Tully snorted at the collapsed goblinoid, before turning his attention to the densest mass of archers that remained. His eyes twinkled with latent magic, "I think ye should follow in the lad's footsteps and lay down for a wee bit."

Sleep: Affects 21 hitpoints worth of creatures.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Tully's eyes flicker in a calculated pattern before three of the four archers simply fall flat on their faces and begin snoring in an obnoxious volume. The remaining archer quickly takes stock of his situation, with all of his clan-mates down, and in some cases dead, he yells in his native tongue.

"BREE-YARK!"

The goblin then turns and begins to run away from the scene of the attempted ambush.

OOC wrote:Well by my understanding of the math involved that spell can take out 3 of the 4 archers, so technically there is only 1 left and he's trying to get the hell out of there.

I'm less concerned about Initiative order at this point as combat is done IMO, so however the group wants to handle the fleeing goblin is their choice.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

The elf-trained monk was not about to let any single foe escape, especially given that she had seen the remnants of their previous attack. Kai, the spirit guide-made-flesh easily paced the fleeting creature, spotting for Lan, and a trained monk, used to physical rigors, easily outpaced the goblin.

A staff strike followed by a well placed knee should make short work of the Goblin.
[Don't know if you want rolls, but, especially with the inspiration and Kai's help, Lan should hit. The Lawful Neutral Monk is not above finishing off the sleeping ones if it is law-abiding to do so.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

Tully wrinkles his noes at Lan's actions. "Nasty business."

He hobbles off of his horse, taking a moment to take the rope hanging from his horse's saddle. With purpose he pulls the three sleeping goblins together, and ties them up in a bundle. "While I don't suspect there's much to learn, it's always best to make sure there's nothing funny going on whenever one's attack, eh? Let's wait for them to wake and figure this whole situation out."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack
hp 15/19, ac 13 Slots: 1/2

Jack frowns a bit as he looks over the carnage. "Nasty business." he shakes his head, "Such a loss." and starts to walk among the bodies, "Good work, the lot of us. Double servings of sweet cakes tonight."

But he pauses a moment more, looking out across the group of adventurers, trying to meet eyes. "Messy thing such as this brings up a number of questions. I don't have the answers. If you can be bothered, 'elp me with them?"

He looks back down, half way expecting some of the gobs to start twitching again.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 2x1st now 1 (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail looks up from her prone position and lowers her shield, her muscles stiff from gripping it so tight. Taking care not to re-impale herself on the arrow lodged in her armor, she pulls the goblin projectile free and examines the tip for poison and general cleanliness. She was no physiker and her means of magical healing didn't remove poisons from the body.
Any evidence of poison? I'm assuming no or you would have mentioned it, GM.
"Is everyone alright?" she asks, holding a clean cloth to her own shallow injury. "I can do some healings and have magics to repair armor and clothes." As she looks over the others she notes the injuries of Jack, Jarrak, Tully as not much graver than her own, but she sees hard hit taken by Anne where the arrow did as much damage as it possibly could. She makes her way over to the necromantress. "Please let me help with that." she says extending a hand.
[Assuming Anne lets Abigail touch her. Cure Wounds: 1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11
.]
She likewise notes the nobledwarf binding the Goblins. "I can... translate if that's your intention." she offers hesitantly.