Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak considered everybody's responses and came to the conclusion that Abigail was probably on the right route.

Holding out the necklace he stared at the goblin, "Where is dwarf?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

The small Goblin speaker visibly winces as Jarrak asks his questions, indicating that he really did not want to answer as he stares at the pendant. However, after a stolen glance in Abigail's direction he answers none the less. "From Dwarf."

"Not very helpful an answer." Lan chides. "How long ago? Was it just one dwarf? Are they dead?"

Lan’s criticism draws another flinch from the Goblin’s vocal representative.

“One Dwarf, with a Human. Both not dead.” As the Goblin says the last part, he gives a shaky smile, hoping his answer is good enough.

Tully holds up a hand as if to try and silence his companions, yet it falters halfway through its movement. While he may command the room as a Lord of the High Court, out here in these woods he was on equal footing among all his companions. Young Abigail's display was more then proof enough on that front, he'd have been high pressed to recreate even half that display of fury.

Correcting himself, he hides the misstep with a clearing of his throat. "I know of your clan, fancy yourselves a group of mighty conquers and pillagers, do you? O' denizens of the mighty 'Fanged Maw'," He speaks with a tilted, almost derisive tone of voice. "My friend speaks most prudently, what say you of the previous owner's fate, hm? Enslaved to your mighty empire perhaps, or their blood shed by the wayside? May you surprise me yet with a third option, I wonder?"

“Nononononono!” The Goblin speaker quickly answers. “Dwarf and Human took to camp alive! Beaten some, bleeding some, but alive!”

Meanwhile Jack stood back listening to the Goblin’s words while he watched the smaller creature’s body language, while he made no effort to interrupt the questioning, he knew that he would not remain silent if the group tried harming the little runt.

Jarrak considered everybody's responses and came to the conclusion that Abigail was probably on the right route.

Holding out the necklace he stared at the goblin, "Where is dwarf?"

“Dwarf was fine when me last saw him this morning.” The Goblin says in a sheepish voice.

OOC wrote:I’m handling Spectrum’s roll for Jack here.
Insight Check: Insight: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10. It seems that it might be possible to make the Goblin in question friendly towards the group.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"We should save them, can anyone back track?" Lan asks. She was more an urban denizen, woodcraft was not yet within her training.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

"Better yet," Tully hummed, brushing a hand through his beard. "Perhaps the little lad would be willing to show us the way home, hm?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Iuz I trust in you for the words. she quietly prays.

Abigail let's the golden flames die from her eyes, exhaling. She kneels down next to the littlest, Common-speaking goblin. Her voice is gentle, soothing words in Common so the other Goblins couldn't understand. "You're not like the others, I see that now. They have probably teased you and been mean to you your whole life. You've seen how strong we are. We can offer you a better life. More food. Soft cloth to sleep on. You'd be a servant to us and..." it was evident now that she was this close, "you'd have to take a bath. Does that sound like something you want? A better life? No tricks." she asks.
She invokes first Guidance, then Persuades the Goblin
Persuade, guidance: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
1D4 = [4] = 4
28 total.
"Your first task would be to tell us what you know of the camp and lead us there. Help us save our friends."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack begins to step around, reaching into the bag of treats.

And then pauses, frowning thoughtfully, watching Abigail with thoughtful eyes.

He shrugs, starting to wander away again. Certain things are not to be.

"What is our job? To deliver the goods or to follow after our employers?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

"Our job," He speaks with a level tone, picking up one of the trinkets pocketed pre iously by the goblins. "Is to help a two men and their familys start new lives. We can't do that when the people in question live in cramped cages, now can we?"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

Jarrak sighs, not happy with the direction that Abigail wanted to go in, but he would give her the chance to try. If she failed, he could step in. If not? Well, just because he didn't like it didn't necessarily make it a bad idea.

Standing tall again he turns back to Tully with a smile, and puts a hand on the Dwarven elder's shoulder.

"I'm afraid Jack is correct. They didn't hire us to save them, only to deliver the carts," He looks down a little as he says that, then with a steely determination adds, "But I would be hard pressed to leave a stranger in the hands of Goblins, much less my own cousin. If I imagine myself in their place? I'd be praying that someone would be on the way to rescue them."

"I will be seeking out my cousin, and I will happily, and gratefully accept the help of any who wish to offer it,"
He smiles to Tully again, bowing his head in respect to the older man, "But I can't promise gold or wealth for helping me. I fear I have little to offer."

He pauses then with a small smile says, "But there are far worse things in this world than a soon to be wealthy dwarf who owes you for saving his life. A good deed is often repaid."

His smile turns somewhat into a smirk, "And for those who are more practical in mindset: unless we save my cousin I'm afraid there won't be anybody to pay us for delivering the carts."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack considers a moment, "As family, I must take agreement with your choice. It is a painful to break a contract, but during the process, well, things may be amended if agreeable to both parties, or their representatives."

He gives a long hard look at Jarrak with the last word. For indeed, by blood and by word, Jarrak has taken on a grave task.

He considers the goblin once more, another gaze towards Abigail, and then back again. Perhaps, yes perhaps, he had set his short term objectives too low and there were greater considerations to be had.

He looks back across the group with a lopsided grin, "What say you all, are we in agreement with Jarrak's words? If we are to succeed in this, we need to move quickly."

Oh yes, Jarrak had knowingly obligated himself.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

The monk looked on. "My own orders rules regarding ensuring safe conduct of travel take precedence for me over the written contract. And besides, as long as the... 'Party of the Second part' is captured the contract cannot be fulfilled. We'd just be insuring its integrity by going after them."
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kiaras head turned slightly at the mention of contracts. She took them very seriously though only Lam had any idea why. She wasnt in the rescue business but leaving the contractors behind would be ...awkward.

But also they had been contracted to take the goods to a specific location. this presented a quandary to the Elf girl.

"Is this a new contract?" she asked her quiet voice raised enough to be heard addressing Jarrak in particular but everyone in general.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

His eyes crinkled with warmth at the paladin's words, "Wise words, ye' make me feel a fool when it should be me at the helm here."
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

"Not even a question for me." she says without moving from her conversation with the Goblin, awaiting it's reply.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

"Worry not, Tully, you'll shake off that rust. You're used to dealing with Clan Members, Clan leaders and Nobles, and in those corridors I've no doubt I'd be found wanting without a friend like you at my side. But here? Amongst the merchants, the travelers, the lost, the strangers and the strange?" He smiles, "These are my people."

He turns to Kiara, with a nod, "If that's what it takes, I will start a new contact. I have about ten gold left to my name, but I am willing to post that as a reward for a contract to help save my cousin. It's a paltry reward, but it is all the wealth I have in this world."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kiaras head quirked in a semi birdlike look before she stood up, and sheathed her sword all in one smooth flowing motion. then she walked over to Jarrak and held out her hand palm up looking her expression unreadable.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories