Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

She'd come in with the group following close behind them using their wake to shield her presence, the stealth as much a matter of habit and practice as an actual decision or need. She'd slipped down next to Lam her friend--that word still resonated oddly with her--and quietly watched the others at the table saying nothing but observing everything. a small hand dipped quickly in and out of the candy bag retrieving a few and secreting them into her pockets beneath her cloak the hood still up and concealing her elven features.

She also watched Jarrak closely for reactions to mention of Gertrude. Lam had mentioned the name many times in relation to Jarrak so she was understandably curious as well.

Always though she kept her back to a wall and her senses alert. in her job trouble didn't always announce itself with a shout but with a whisper and a blade in the dark
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 18/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 3/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vivid wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:25 pm The taffy bag she opens and withdraws one then offers the bag to Lord Tully.
"Ah now there's a good lass, much obliged." He says with a smile, holding the bag open before his eyes to eye the contents for his favorite flavor. "Butterscotch! You sure you weren't thinking of me when you bought this Jarack boy? Ahahah!"

Eyes alight with delight, he takes a handful of his favored and offers the bag up to the next down the line.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:12 pm The Silver Hand!

The Silver Hand tilts to the side, as if asking a question? A point towards Anne and tilts again, asking another question. It starts to fly on over towards the woman, before turning back and looking to the raven, and then back towards Anne.

Jack, watching for the decision from the black bird, continues on, moving to 'pluck' the coin from behind Anne's ear and tosses it back on over towards Beaker.

"Aww, relax. Just having a bit of fun with the bird." His eyes flashing out across the gathering. "No harm meant, no harm at all."
Beaker catches the tossed coin in his beak. He slowly puts it on the table, putting a foot over it protectively as he glares at Jack.

Anne giggles at her familiar getting taken down a peg. "Its fine, Beaker gets a bit full of himself sometimes."

Beaker turns to his master and lets out a disgruntled caw. Then turns back to glaring at Jack. The Raven croaked ominously "Beaker Shall Remember This." Before turning his attention back to his new shiny.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack gazes back down into Beaker's little beady black eyes.

His lips start to open, starting to respond. But it turns into a quick grin over towards Anne. "A very clever feather duster." He admits with a bit of admiration.

He reaches out, turning his hands inside out to crack the knuckles before he folds them behind his neck, leaning far far back in his chair, balancing upon the back two feet.

"Nice place. Quiet. Simple. Odd that we're all collecting here."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:41 am "I don't want any of that while we're traveling like this Jarrack, told you that before and I'll tell you again. Now Annie! She's a right proper girl who knows how to call an old coot such as myself. It's Tully, or Lord Tully if you absolutely must."
"As you say, Lord Tully," Jarrak says with a smile.

He decided he would ease off the propriety once they started traveling, but he'd stick to the more respectful address while they were in the towns.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:25 pm "Butterscotch! You sure you weren't thinking of me when you bought this Jarack boy? Ahahah!"
"It couldn't possibly be that I bought them with you in mind," Jarrak says with an air of innocence, then adds, "After all, I didn't buy them."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

Lan gave a smile and bow of thanks to Anne at her answer. She nibbled a taffy but put it away into her robes, mostly uneaten. She took 2 mint drops though, relishing them.

"Well, for whyever the road calls to us, may we have safe journeys upon it." She says raising her own cup in a toast and encouraging others at the table to clink. Hers held a light hot tea.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

He muses while chewing for a moment longer, before shaking his head. "Ah, matters not to me how you got them then. I appreciate the treat either
way."
------------
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 pm Jack

Jack gazes back down into Beaker's little beady black eyes.

His lips start to open, starting to respond. But it turns into a quick grin over towards Anne. "A very clever feather duster." He admits with a bit of admiration.

He reaches out, turning his hands inside out to crack the knuckles before he folds them behind his neck, leaning far far back in his chair, balancing upon the back two feet.

"Nice place. Quiet. Simple. Odd that we're all collecting here."
Beaker croaks, "Noisy Mime." before hopping over with his shiny back to Anne.

Anne smiles at Jack while gently petting Beaker's feathers. "Very true. He's an excellent assistant when he chooses to be."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st | Bardic Inspiration 4

Arkrite wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:46 pm Jarrak of Blackmoore
"It couldn't possibly be that I bought them with you in mind," Jarrak says with an air of innocence, then adds, "After all, I didn't buy them."
"Oh, were they a gift from an admirer? An adoring fan of your minstrelship? A lady perhaps?" Abigail teases her uncle.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"I don't mean to GERtrude on the conversation but I'd be curious to know where these treats came from as well." Lan asks innocently.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

"Ah yes, the adoring crowd of women who love penniless drifters who smell like dirt and horses," Jarrak laughs.

"I made them myself. The hard part is collecting the ingredients, but if you travel around enough to tend to come across everything you'll need,"
He pauses for a drink of his ale before adding, "Eventually."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Well I'll be, certainly learned a few tricks since you left yer pappy's lap eh? Have you finally managed to pick up chess like I tried to teach before ya left, Jarrack?" He asked, eyebrows wiggling with the possibility of challenge.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st | Bardic Inspiration 4

"Made... yourself?" Abigail says, her eyes alight. She tracks down the bags and gets another of both before letting them get to people who hadn't had a chance yet. She pops both of them into her mouth with renewed interest and chews with more thought. "They're better than anything from any store." she praises.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

Jarrak hesitated, trying to remember the conversation. In his defense, it had been at least twenty five years before he'd left the clanhold to make his own way. But to the longer lived races, like Dwarves and Elves, it was only a short bit of time.

"I've picked up quite a few games during my time on the road. Cards, knucklebones, and chess, among others," He chuckles, "Admittedly I'm much better at some than others. I've been told I'm not very good at chess."
Vivid wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 am "They're better than anything from any store." she praises.
Jarrak laughs, "Thanks, but if you think that's good I know of a store you need to visit. The lady showed me how to make these, and I've never been able to make them quite as good as she could."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

"Ah yes, the adoring crowd of women who love penniless drifters who smell like dirt and horses," Jarrak laughs.

Jack flashes a grin over to the man, a playful, even flirtatious wink, before he turns to sniff at his armpit. "Well, I'll admit, you've got me on the dirt and horses angle."

A long gaze towards Abigail's treats. A soft pout of his lips, a little nibble upon the lower full one. Quite abruptly, he looks away again.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.