Going Rogue: IC thread; Overrun

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Corrigon

Re: Going Rogue: Overrun IC thread

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift

He grabbed something in the lab he had been working on and with a few tweaks it was ready for use.

ooc
can't fail that in a month of Sundays
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

As Dusk and Portia study the trios actions they get a bit of insight into them adding more into how they fight. Its clear that two of the three were military--the leader aka Cohort, and Phalanxe the Martial Artist--while Battalion the last of them is mostly a hyped up thug whose good at following orders.

They move with a military level of discipline and communicate well together. Something one might almost expect from Family. this leads both women to the conclusion that the trio might be related in some fashion and gives them an idea how to find them should the trio evade this particular trap.

This also leads both women to suspect that the trio will use a fairly fast and direct infiltration strategy gain entry to the vault if they don't already have access to it via some ruse, and make a fast exfiltration with their ill gotten loot at first opportunity. It also tells them that the three will fight hard if cornered and that nine opponents means they're drastically outnumbered in this instance.

Meanwhile both Sebastian and Uplift buys themselves back at the manor in their own ways. Uplift works on a simple nanotech spray that he alters the programming on to be visible to his sensor grid allowing him to track and monitor anything he sprays it on.

Sebastian readies a simple cantrip that whispers through the shadows to him any thing he places the sigil on.

Shortly later as Sebastian and Uplift return Morpheus walks in and greets them with a somewhat serious look. "I've made arraignments to insert you on to the security team for the vault, and gotten the others to remove Mr. Aignsworth. from the grounds under the pretext of a threat to his safety."

Morpheus sighs somewhat dramatically pinching his nose as he does "This has thankfully removed the majority of his security team with him leaving us free reign so as long as the property is relatively intact upon his return we wil be fine."

He looks at all of you before asking " Are we prepared for tonight's events?"

I figured most everyone would ace those rolls just making sure

Sebastian easily creates a simple cantrip that can allow him to track a wide group of items he casts it on.

Uplift similarly creates a simple spray that can be tracked with his sensor grid from anywhere on earth

Col Dusk and Portia receive some basic insights outlined above.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk
Luck: 5/5
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

"Of course," Dusk answered. She looked to her side at the rest of the team, awaiting their confirmation.

OOC
------------
Couldn't think of anything better but it seemed silly not to post.
------------
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift

"So our instructions are not to destroy the building we happen to be stood in and if possible let them get away, so we can track them to a location less susceptible to somebody caring if we happen to demolish in the ensuing melee? Understood." There was a slight hint of sarcasm along wanting to confirm the parameters of what was allowed.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

Corrigon wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 pm Uplift

"So our instructions are not to destroy the building we happen to be stood in and if possible let them get away, so we can track them to a location less susceptible to somebody caring if we happen to demolish in the ensuing melee? Understood." There was a slight hint of sarcasm along wanting to confirm the parameters of what was allowed.
Dusk gave Uplift a clearly confused look, "Collateral damage isn't a priority at all," she turns her body toward Uplift and the rest of the team to face them all more directly, "We arrive, implement our means of tracking the vault's contents, and engage. The goal is not to defeat them, but do not make it easy for them. We plan to attack later and the more we wear them down, and the more we learn about them in our first confrontation the better."

"Having said that I will not tolerate reckless behavior that leaves any of you out of commission," Dusk then turns to face Sebastian, "Shadow-Man, your powers are most vital to extraction from the vault so you especially are to stay out of harm's way if the situation looks dicey. Your priority is to extract any of us that may go down in this fight, given our opposition outnumbers us that could happen fairly easily."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Portia sighed and preemptively went to her 'Happy Place', knowing how Sebastian usually reacts to people giving him even what might SOUND like an order. Or lacking the 'proper' degree of respect.

"Not destroying the building we're standing in sounds like a good plan."
she stated to Dusk, "The more needless collateral damage we do, the more grief and attention we'd get later. Not many rich folk appreciate someone they invited in trashing the place."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Shadow-Man
HP: 2

The observant amongst the group would notice the twitch in the sorcerer's eye at Dusk's tone. For a moment, he held his tongue. Restraint barely holding him back. He looked away, staring at a wall, resisting the urge to lash back at the temerity of the -

"I'm a little insulted you think I can't handle myself in a scrap." he muttered quietly. Shaking his head, Sebastian glanced at each member of the 'away-team'. "And do be aware I can only take two of you with me at a time. I can just teleport people willy-nily. And only if you're close enough for me to grab."

Pausing a moment before smirking, the sorcerer merely shrugged as he settled back, rocking on his heels. "But, after working with you all till now, I doubt we'll need to run with tails between our legs. Oh, and that's a metaphor for a fearful retreat, Dusk, if you didn't get the reference."
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

kenmadragon wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:46 pm"I'm a little insulted you think I can't handle myself in a scrap." he muttered quietly. Shaking his head, Sebastian glanced at each member of the 'away-team'. "And do be aware I can only take two of you with me at a time. I can just teleport people willy-nily. And only if you're close enough for me to grab."

Pausing a moment before smirking, the sorcerer merely shrugged as he settled back, rocking on his heels. "But, after working with you all till now, I doubt we'll need to run with tails between our legs. Oh, and that's a metaphor for a fearful retreat, Dusk, if you didn't get the reference."
Dusk actually, smiled? Smirked? Regardless she seemed more pleased than she usually does, "It's not that I doubt you can fight Shadow-Man, winning the first bout simply isn't our goal, getting out of it intact for the second bout is and that's where you come in."

Well okay there's a small part of her that wonders of his fighting prowess; by now she's been to quite a few different planets and fought alongside a number of humans as well and she's seen people fight in ways she'd never experienced before, just that the culture she grew up in lauded power and martial skill so highly that her mind defaults to prizing those qualities. Still, she completely meant it when she considered Shadow-Man's more unique powers would be vital to the success of this plan.

"Any other concerns?" Dusk asked the team.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Oaf standing near by and stepping side to side waves his overly large mitt in the air, and when hes acknowledged by Dusk. Speaks clearly and concisely in his deep Bass

"Can Oaf go to the bathroom first?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

catsi563 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:19 pm Everyone

Oaf standing near by and stepping side to side waves his overly large mitt in the air, and when hes acknowledged by Dusk. Speaks clearly and concisely in his deep Bass

It took considerable effort for Dusk to maintain her composure in the face of that question. Enough effort that there was a noticeable beat before Dusk could open her mouth to reply, "... go ahead," she managed to say.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift

"Our resident Wizard has proven more than capable in a fight. I'm happy to have him watch my back. Still, we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
catsi563 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:19 pm Everyone

Remembering earlier issues, Uplift nodded vigorously to Oaf.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Morpheus nearby rubs his forehead and pinches the bridge of his nose as he watches Oaf retreat to the bathroom gratefully. Portia nearby catches something that till now she's only ever been the recipient of.

Namely a soft almost whimsical smile on Morpheus face and a soft twitching of his shoulders that indicates laughter, an even rarer show of emotion from the man. But its quickly covered up and his façade of strict control is back firmly in place when he addresses the rest.

"The guards will be waiting for you, when you arrive, they know to be careful and stay out of your way, I've arraigned for a skeleton crew to be on hand so you should have the run of the place."

he waits a beat and adds "Be careful."

While some may take this as his chastening the group to caution Portia does understand the subtext as she is one of only a VERY few people with the deeper secret to her friend.

--ooOoo--

An hour later finds the team inserted into the vault and what a sight it is. For many the mere sight is enough to bring more larcenous feelings to the fore, the sheer volume of wealth both in terms of palleted gold bullion, as well as actual lockboxes on the wall no doubt filled with jewels, and other valuables, stored artwork in sealed glass containers, and various other sundry treasures is all laid about in a neat rows and shelves in the nearly building sized underground vault.

An impressive security system is in place now that Uplift has a chance to study it up close, namely a Steranko MK-5 system, a smart system and AI that learns from its mistakes and adapts to threats. very dangerous he has to admit even hed have a tough time cracking it without months of planning.

still he goes about spraying the gold bullion diligently with his new toy, and and soon his scanners register the entire semi trucks worth of bullion on its screen which he can no track anywhere in the world.

Sebastian quickly goes about laying small sigils in a liquid form that glow as he whispers to them before they fade away, soon like Uplift he too can sense the gold feeling its location anywhere on this plane.

with the preperations set, Dusk and Portia and Oaf lay in wait for the trio to make their move on the vault as Uplift and Sebastian join them.

I would like Uplift who has the technical aspect and Portia specifically to make insight or expertise criminal checks

in fact anyone with expertise Criminal may make a check

also please give me initiative checks which we will hold on to as the funs about to start.

Catsi stories
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Colonel Dusk

When she first entered the vault Dusk's eyes needed a little extra time to adjust to all the sparkling opulence of this vast wealth on display. Yes the upper-crust of her people, including herself for a brief period of time, had similar wealth but there was very rarely a need to flaunt it so blatantly; for the first few minutes of entry Dusk's face was scrunched in agitation before she regained her composure.

"Maintain line-of-sight with each other, and failing that, communications up," she was reviewing with Portia and Oaf. Portia didn't necessarily require this, but it didn't hurt, "Oaf be prepared to intercept any blows if your teammates look hurt, and keep an eye out for any openings to strike hard, whether I make them, you make them, or someone else does..." she trails off when Uplift and Sebastian return, "Are we ready?" she asked the two of them, resuming her usual rigid posture.

OOC
-----------------
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 10 ... ouch.
-----------------
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Portia
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"I wouldn't be surprised if he had scrolls from the first Shaolin temple in here !" Portia mused to herself before getting her composure back, "It does seem to be the fate of all valuable things to end up in the unknowing hands of the ridiculously wealthy ...."
Expertise (Criminal) check _: 1D20 = [8] = 8
- accidentally hit 'Enter' when entering number to roll, so should be +7, for a 15 total.

Initiative _: 1D20 = [17] = 17
- should be +9 (for a 26), but hit the Enter key by mistake again (snagged it when trying to do shift '=' to make '1d20 + ...'
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Uplift
HP 2
Condition Normal

"We are all good to go." He gave a thumbs up sign to Dusk. The Steranko had impressed him and it would be a problem if he had been trying to discreetly rob the place. For a job like this, they were better off doing a smash and grab and not give the system a proper chance to react.

ooc
Expertise Criminal: 1d20 20 - bizarrely good roll

Initiative: 1d20+2 7 that's more what I've come to expect.