The Eight (Arrowverse series), Episode 1: Come Together

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: The Eight (Arrowverse series), Episode 1: Come Together

Post by Miracle »

Silvia stops and looks at the large man going through the door. "You know, the only time I've heard of this type of scenario is if a joke is about to be told." She looks to Athena, "A macro-large guy in a suit walks into a bar," she doesn't finish the sentence, but lets it sink in to her friend's head. "the guys can wait or we can invite them to see this go down." She rifles through her compact and pulls out a phone, "in fact, I think Dale can get us in. He's got some clout with the big shots, right?" She pokes at her phone, texting the photographer.
Silvia wrote:Petit Mort. Can you get us in?
Dale wrote:Prob. Y?
Silvia wrote:Because a big warning sign just walked in the front door. Our heroic friend might need some credentials to get in.
Dale wrote:K. Collateral damage?
Silvia looks to Athena with an unworded question and then back to the phone.
Silvia wrote:20/80
Dale wrote:B ther n a moment.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Jade hp: 1

Jennifer was frustrated. What would normally take ten minutes or less was taking a riduculous amount of time. Too many cars on the road. Stupid drivers going well below the speed limit, not stepping on the gas when the light turned green, too busy talking on their phones or texting, and numerous other impediments to her destination.

At yet another red light, she grabbed her phone and fired off a quick text.

Stuck in traffic, b there soon
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Miracle wrote:Outside

Looking outside again, the quiet area sees The Atom out of nowhere. The person walking into Petit Mort does not look like your run of the mill highjacker. Then of course, the underworld looks a lot different since the explosion in Central City. A beast of a man (Hafþór Björnsson) in a nice suit is walking towards the door. away from the garbage can. He obviously doesn't need any help. He speaks a few words that make no sense (a password, The Atom surmises) and then the name "Jack Ryder". The door opens to let the big man in.

Yana and Mr Stupendous are within range to see this.
Everyone looked big to the Atom at his minuscule size, but this man looked BIG! That....can't be a coincidence.
He thought to himself as the beast of a man walked by and launched his little body through the air to hitch a ride on the giant; hopefully unnoticed.

ooc
Fly onto the big guy before he goes in.
Hide in Plain Sight: 1D20+20 = [16]+20 = 36
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

MANHUNTER
aka Paul Kirk
HP: 1 ; Condition: Undercover

Sending out a quick Jennifer's text ...
No hurry. nothing going on here
His table is bumped, looking up the sight before him actually makes him tilt his eyes to start from the floor and slide upward ...
... yet
Easy boy. You're not just back from the island anymore. Can't let a pretty set of legs tie you up in knots. A thought which led down another totally inappropriate set of thoughts. Careful Kirk, we got no business in those back rooms tonight. Using the poor lighting to keep the features of his face covered as well as possible Paul recognizes the woman from Ryder's table. There was something else. I swear I'v'e seen her before, legs like that are hard for a man to forget.

"Careful mam'. Wouldn't want to put a slit in that pretty dress were one wasn't meant to be." Comment like that could be taken a number of ways and Paul was interested in the kind of woman drawn to a man like Jack Ryder. If it took some overtime to get the intel that got him closer to Maximum, so be it. This could get awkward if Jen shows up at the wrong time ... Thank god Melody doesn't work this place.
Hide in Plain Sight: 23
http://orokos.com/roll/465515
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Jericho
Rose Wilson
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Wilson had followed a hunch and wanted to know more about Ryder.

OOC - for now, just listening and looking to gather intel... Perception: 1d20+6 26 (Wonderful... wasting a 20 this early...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Safe Guard
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

Athena smirked at her friend, "Not sure I want to wait around until Dale gets here, besides if he sees a guy with a cute a$$ he may get distracted." She giggled, "C'mon, we can get in on our own." She walked across the road to Le Petite Mort, and walked down the velvet rope towards the large double doors, she smiled at the doorman. He was a tall, broad shouldered man, not as looming as the gentleman who had attracted Silvia's attention, but still, well manicured, and took care of himself.

As she walked up to him, she allowed her left ankle to wobble slightly, and a quick "Oh!" escaped her lips. She reached out a hand and steadied herself against the doorman's chest, as she lifted her leg up to pick out a small stone from beneath her heel. The motion revealing her shapely legs to the guards gaze, "I'm sorry. It's just," she paused looking into his eyes, "these shoe's weren't made for walking, you know?" She looked at her hand, and his chest, flushed slightly and pulled her hand back. "Hi, my name's Athena, this is Silvia, our ride's a little late. We were supposed to be scoping out shoot locations for our next spread in Valentino's," she dropped the name as it rivaled GQ in publication, and the man appeared self centered enough to have heard of it. "We considered Vector's, but then we heard rumors about an ultra exclusive club, and figured maybe we could increase our readership, and your branding by teasing," she leaned close on that word, her perfume and close presence were a dangerous combination, "a interior layout in La Petite Mort."

"Any chance we could get in for a look around, though I under stand it's members only, so I wouldn't mind the company." As she spoke the final words, her hand absently picked some unseen fluff from his lapel.
OOC: I am going to attempt a Diplomacy check to get past the Doorman into the interior of Le Petite Mort. Diplomacy Check: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26. Not bad, and with Attractive 2, it becomes a 31 if he is open to my flirtation. I'm sorry for the delay in posting, I just decided I didn't want to wait for Dale to get us in, so hopefully the above works.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Inside

As mentioned earlier, the club is not dark, but not bright either. You can see normal distance, but it's a bit hard to do so. That along with the singer with some golden soothing vocals and the ambient talking in the background makes it a little hard to hear. Perception checks are at -2 and are probably not acute.

Jericho, currently riding in the body of Cindy, tries to listen in on the conversation. The third girl (played by Alycia Debnam-Carey), who Jericho has no idea who is, scoots over to her as she tries to listen in on the conversation. "Cindy," she asks, "you awake? You seem out of it." the woman shows a small dark bottle, held between two fingers, "You know I got your favorite." Rose knows the woman's name is Samantha in passing conversation. She looks to be a bit young for this place. Still, Jericho does pick up conversation from the twins and Jack. Jack sounds to be waiting on someone. Besides Lilly. Though it looks to be a short conversation as a very large man - you can swear he's made of muscle and nothing else - walks in and cuts a slow beeline to the group.

No one sees The Atom hanging on to the brutish figure. Most likely because no one is paying attention. "Jack Ryder," the man questions. Jack nods and stands, "Thought you'd never come." The two men shake hands. "Yeah, this is not a trip I thought I'd make. Your father said there was something going down. You're being followed." Jack beams a grin, "sure, everyone wants a piece. What's new?" The large man looks wryly amused, "Jack, you're gonna get caught one day. Though, not while I'm around."
Last edited by Miracle on Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Outside

The door man looks down at Athena after panning from the line. Normally he'd tell her to go to the line, but the beauty distracts him for a moment. "Valentino's? Huh. I thought I noticed you." He grins, "of course, there are some very good articles in there." The man reaches into his coat pocket, "as much as I'd like to show you and your friend around, I'm going to be here for a few hours," and pulls out a small badge, about the size of a quarter, with a stylized LPM, and hands it to her before opening the door. His flirts back a bit, "if you're still around then I could give you a tour."

Yana sees her partner in heroism at the door from where she is.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Paradigm
Condition: Idea!

Seeing an opportunity, she decides not to question her luck as she rushes up to get her friend's attention. "Hey Athena, wait up!" She says, before she slows down. "Sorry about being late, think I can still tag along?" Yana says with a smile, despite the fact they hadn't agreed to meet up today. She hopes that Athena could catch on that she was doing some work and would help her in.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Everyone in the line and the man at the door looks to Yana as she rushes up to Athena. The man at the door frowns and looks down at Yana and then to Athena. "Is this your late ride?"
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Safe Guard
Hero Points: Two.
Conditions: None.

"Nah, my ride's name is Dale, he'll be showing up with his boyfriend," she flashed the doorman a winning smile, hopefully by mentioning Dale was interested in guys, she was able to forestall any jealousy from the larger man, "could you let him know we've already gone in." She linked her arm through Yana's, "No, this my dear is one of the junior editors from Valentino's. She's in charge of the layout, figured it'd be nice to get a professional opinion on the location. C'mon Silvia, lets get inside. Chill from the ocean is cool tonight."

As Athena, Silvia and Yana walked inside, the statuesque blond looked back and offered the doorman a slow wink.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Jericho
Rose Wilson
Cond: Normal

Not particularly wanting to try whatever's in the bottle, and not wanting to alert anyone that she was here by jumping to another body, Jericho continued to ride her current host.

"Just having a bad reaction to something this morning. She shrugs, looking at the bottle. "You know me so well..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Athena and Yana

The doorman nods as he lays off his mean look to Yana as Athena explains. They can see he's trying to figure out who Dale is, though it's a short think. "Enjoy your evening, ladies. Athena, behave." He smirks, apparently he did read the articles.

Inside there is a coat check. The soothing sound from the singer is muffled, but still enjoyable. The lighting is normal here. Once the trio walks in, they see the large man with a small group. Two ladies, three guys. He's talking to one of the men.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Jericho/Cindy and The Atom

"Of course I do," Samantha says in a charming tone. She puts it into the palm of Cindy's hand, not forcefully though. As if it were a gift. There's some writing on a label but it's hard to see in here. Samantha playfully leans on Cindy's shoulder, "lowered the dosage, I know the last time it got a bit out of hand. Remember one sip should last you the whole night."

The large man and Jack continue to have their small conversation. Though The Atom notices they're talking about Palmer packages arriving a little late. "Yeah," the big man grunts with a bit of rage, but not enough to raise his voice, "apparently there's been some competition. Max said there would be back up, but even they're taking their sweet time." Jack shakes his head, "Dad always makes his deals go through. Your benefactor will get their packages."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Paradigm
Condition: Relieved

She sighs, and smiles at Athena after declining to hand off her coat. "Thanks, you really saved me back there. I'm working something today and the patterns were leading me here. Would never have gotten a way in if you hadn't been there." Turning away toward the end, she starts taking in everything all around her, trying to make sense of the muddled futures and pasts she was predicting and deducing in order to find what she was really looking for. She found her gaze travel over to the the group off to the side, and feels herself start to slip without thinking...
Post or precognition on the group, whichever you prefer.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."