NetherWar: Master of Earth (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: NetherWar: Master of Earth (IC)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Bres sidesteps your mystic entrapment.
"Ah, well, the wee bairn steps in and tries to invoke her mystic might. Maybe Eldritch did settle on someone who might fill his shoes. I mean, he was wrong, but hey, any port in a storm, right?"
OOC wrote:That actually misses. If you want to play it up as per your Insecurity Complication, you might be able to get a Hero Point.

Charger is up next.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Miss Kitty

Thanks to the mighty throw from her teammate, Miss Kitty slammed claws first into one of aliens.
Toughness save: 1d20+5: 23 [1d20=18] https://orokos.com/roll/843816
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Charger
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

"Looks like that spell needs some work, don't it?," Charger said with a smile. "Don't mind me, I've got to go take out the trash." Then she zoomed into the building, following the Fomorians, intent on knocking down a few more of them....

>OOC: Again, keeping this simple. Today was... Not Good. Fly in after the minions, attack closest with Jet Strike using routine attack and Power attack +2/-2. Attack is hits dodge 18, DC 23 Toughness- also has Takedown 2.

>Array:
-Enhanced Flight +2, loses Subtle (4 total, 500 ft)
-Jet Strike: Close damage 6, Multiattack 6, Accurate x1, Imp crit x1
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

As you zoom through the broken doors, you see the interior of the foyer. Freedom Hall’s front foyer is grand by design: 100 feet long and 60 feet wide, with ceilings reaching 30 feet overhead. The walls are lined with portraits, news clippings, publicity photos, fan art, and awards for visitors to peruse while they wait for appointments. Comfortable retro chairs and couches line the walls as well. A reception desk halfway down the hall is normally where the robotic receptionist, Cynthia, waits to greet visitors, but the space is currently empty.

The giants have split into pairs and are headed further into the hall when you crash into them, quickly taking out one pair before you're again knocked off course by a massive hand.
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18; 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16; 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27 means that you take down two of them before the third one makes their save.

Initiative:
Charger - 30
Bres - 19
Catalyst - 12
Fomorians x2 - 6
Junior - 6
Miss Kitty - 21 (delayed)
NGM - 5
Seven - 2

I honestly don't expect combat to last long enough for it to be relevant, but there's a battle map of the Hall Lobby. Unfortunately, that platform doesn't have the best icons to pick from... but I tried to replicate somewhat the idea that there are benches and displays. The doors to the left and right are bathrooms, something you'd probably recall from previous school visits. There's an archway in the back that leads further into Freedom Hall.

And I forgot Miss Kitty had delayed. I'll post Bres after church. My bad.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Bres looks about him, his bodyguards felled, and he chuckles. "Well, even if Earth's Master Mage hasn't lived up to my expectations, at least you have good taste in allies," he says with his fingertips on his forehead in a mock tip of the hat. A deep, red-tinted mist erupts near the shattered door, and the world turns scarlet as he dodges into the mist.
OOC wrote:Bres invokes the Scarlet Shades of Sirrion, a Cloud Concealment effect (30 foot radius due to two ranks of Area) that acts on all Visual senses, and moves into the building.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Catalyst
HP: 1

Catalyst looked at the crimson mist suspiciously. Spending a lot of time in that seemed like a bad idea, so she tried to fly around it as much as possible as she followed Charger into the building.

"Pay attention to us when we're fighting you!" She said indignantly as she fired a bio-energy blast from her control rod at the back of one of the last fomorians. Setting off large explosions in the Freedom League headquarters would probably be unappreciated.
OOC wrote:Routine attack, hits Dodge 16 for a DC 25 toughness save.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Catalyst's splashes off of the giant's chest. With a chuckle, he throws his arms wide and roars loudly, the sound vibrating in Catalyst's head. As the echoes fade, the other giant whips a knife a least a foot long through the air, directly at the flying heroine!
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29 has the Fomorian succeeding in their Toughness check.

One Fomorian attempts a Demoralize effect on Catalyst. Intimidate: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12 is a bit weak. With her +10 Will save, unlikely he'll beat her.

The other Fomorian will throw a knife at her with AoA 2. Attack roll (Throw AoA 2): 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 That's a DC 23 Toughness save for Catalyst.

Junior is up next!

Initiative:
Charger - 30
Bres - 19
Catalyst - 12
Fomorians x2 - 6
Junior - 6
Miss Kitty - 21 (delayed)
NGM - 5
Seven - 2
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Catalyst
HP: 1

Undeterred by the roar, Catalyst crosses her arms in front of her face. The spinning knife hits the green aura surrounding her body and breaks apart, instead of stabbing through her forearm as it otherwise would. The impact pushes her back an inch or two and stings mildly, but nothing more.

"That's it! Pay attention to me, don't worry about the..."

Her voice trailed off. What was it? The eye of something? Probably something important.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Junior, Wally Thompson, Jr.
Dodge: 4 | Parry: 4 | Toughness: 12 | Fortitude: 10 | Will: 6 | Hero Points: 1
Active Effects: Predatory Senses (Acute Scent, Extended Hearing, Low-Light Vision, Tracking Scent (1))
Conditions: None.

Junior views the growing cloud of red smoke coming from the doors of the museum with some trepidation.
"If this isn't some mystic smoke, this is going to hurt," he says as he takes a deep inhale through his nostrils. Much to his relief, there's no burning and the air feels entirely neutral, although some of the sour scent of the Fomorians still comes through. He bravely wades into the smoke, trusting that the Freedom League wouldn't stick anything too fragile in the lobby, arms outreached, unable to see anything, trying to catch the scent of anything important. He vaguely smelled that faint scent of ozone that usually attached itself to Catalyst, as well as Charger's... well, he couldn't quite name it, at least not in English, but he'd come to recognize it. And there was something else unfamiliar... almost like the Fomorians, but less rank, probably that Bres character? Before he knew it, he was on the other side of the cloud, most of the lobby stretching out before him, a cloud of smoke just sitting in a near perfect sphere, obscuring everything within and across from it.

"I hate it when they do things like this," he grumbles, and walks over to one side of the room to pick up a reception chair for use as an improvised projectile once a villain shows their face.
OOC wrote:Sorry, lost the thread. Should have posted for him earlier.

No Accurate on the Scent, so he can't place them, and they do seem to be within the smoke right now, so I had him run through the smoke, coming out on the other end, and using his Standard to pick up a chair.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Miss Kitty
Cat senses: Acute Scent, Darkvision, Tracking: Olfactory, Ultra Hearing

Miss Kitty watched her teammates and the invaders enter the building through the remains of the doors. There was a cloud of smoke of unknown composition hovering in the air. She had not heard any screams from her teammates after they entered so she went with the assumption that it was as safe as anything else around here.

Claws extended, she entered the cloud of smoke, her feline senses alert for signs of either her teammates or the invading aliens.