Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Oops, how did I miss that, Flynn?

Here's everyone's rolled powers. Remember, you can opt to take the new power, level up an existing power, or add an appropriate glyph to an existing power.

Ericka: Wind-Imbued
Dog: Divine, Wind-Imbued
Moira: Alchemic
Lloyd: Petrifying, Shielding
Sashusa: Alchemic

Only one I didn't roll was Blinding, lol.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gunmetal, after having traveling with the caravan this long, would any of us have a good enough grasp of their inventory that I could attempt to bargain something from their stock? Would I even know if anything we've got may appeal? Doubtful we have a 10 foot tall gold embossed mirror, but maybe something like exquisitely tailored clothing or anything I could reason as accentuating it's beauty in some manner. Don't think our boss would be too upset about sparing a slight loss in profits if it meant we all got to stay alive, and even if he was, Ericka would be willing to take a cut of her pay to levy the items.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The trouble is you don't really have the time to stop the caravan to locate any such items from the inventory. Not a bad idea in principle, just executing it would be troublesome given the time crunch.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka has a fairly good memory, and we've been traveling with them for weeks now. Are you sure she wouldn't know off the top of her head if we'd have something that'd interest the Akuma?
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

It's less about whether Ericka remembers inventory lists. You have two problems, figuring out what the akuma might even want/like, and trying to locate the item in the moving caravan which isn't stopping for a search/unloading of any such item since you are under a time crunch.

The main problem is the lack of time to do either of those two things. Again, it's a fair idea in principle, but in this specific situation, the execution is the problem.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well... Does anyone else have any ideas then, if we can't rely on the caravan's inventory to provide? Most I can think of is somehow talking the shit up about her compass and preying for a very good bargaining check. There's also the possibility of sacrificing the dead wielder's shiv weapon, though I have no idea how much that would interest it.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm thinking we need to see how the Akuma responds to us so far. I'm not sure we can guess at the desires of a millenia-old being as alien as Akuma are supposed to be. With Ericka's argument that it shouldn't kill us immediately and Moira's finagling a valid reason why it should let us go (assuming it wants the fame and tributes), both Wielders appealed to it's Vanity so they were both reasonable ways to go about it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Also.... potentially THREE people with Alchemic :)
Every fight it'll be raining silver, it'll be awesome! Lloyd does NOT volunteer to get shot by the gun or impaled by the freakin' lance. You couldn't pay him enough, which, I guess, it what we're talking about.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Don't worry guys. I put you in a tight spot, but not an unwinnable one. You don't have access to the caravan inventory in its entirety or with any particular accuracy to inventory.

It's still possible to take your chances to grab something off a rear cart and apologize to Indius later. Ericka might have an idea what it is based on the cart but it would be otherwise random.

You also have your own equipment and abilities available to you. Yolo is also an option I suppose, or running.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Incidentally the discord is open for anyone to join if you want to ask questions, hang out, theory craft, share stories or weapons. Just hit me up for a link. You can message me pretty easily from there for faster response.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Would I know what use to an Akuma a deceased wielder's bonded weapon could be?
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:52 am Would I know what use to an Akuma a deceased wielder's bonded weapon could be?
One less weapon in the world against it. Besides that, nope. It's the wrong corruption for the akuma to have any use for the power in it.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Oh, I figured it may be able to access the spell in it (that's what Moira is planning for).
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:27 am Oh, I figured it may be able to access the spell in it (that's what Moira is planning for).
Nope. Wielding someone else's bond simply functions as a weapon. There is a way to get the spell, but that's a guild-item specific method (outside of GM fiat of course! Which would be more plot-specific and more of a one-off than something one could do regularly)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Could Moira know that, or maybe Ericka mentions it to her?