Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If Ericka lives, she'll let you know that there's no actual danger by giving it away. For Ericka though, I feel that in a way, this is willingly giving up a shard of her own vanity, in some small way. Perhaps that will appeal to the Akuma.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've edited a bit of my post. She's advising that her fellow wielders willingly part with their weapons, in order to ensure our own safety. Moira, I have to say, possesses the strongest weapon of us and it might be a good idea to hold onto it. Ericka is giving two, in the form of her Kukri and the shiv. Giving her access to a volatile explosive that is her spear would probably not be a good idea. I don't know if two would be enough to satisfy, but an identical five weapons for five slain is probably a safe bet.

Keep in mind, that while they would return to us while we still lived, it would take a week for them to return to our possession.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Akuma could have a way to permanently destroy a bonded weapon. Even if it doesn't, the bond weapons would reform without purchased technology Upgrades and for that week we are renegging on our contract with the head of the caravan. I'm not sure this is the way.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I had the thought of creating duplicates, but I was advised that would be a bad idea.

We could try to fight it, but then we'd most likely die. We might be able to pass off duplicates as our own, but we might get found out and subsequently die. Just possessing one of our weapons won't satisfy the Akuma, and I'd honestly chance looking my upgrades rather then having to create a new character.

Please, if you have any alternatives at all, voice them. I already considered dipping into the caravan but Gunmetal mentioned that wouldn't work, and I can't think of anythibg else we could physically offwr other then our own selves. I'd rather avoid owing an eldrich demon favors.

This situation sucks, I'm just trying to keep us alive long enough to come back and deal with this thing on our own terms for a change.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

You didn't even wait to see if giving the shiv would have satisfied it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I was told via PM by Gunmetal that Ericka was smart enough to realize it would not.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Indeed. Though, you seem to have forgotten certain options at your disposal.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Duplication? Arkite and I talked about that, but we reasoned that it would upset the Akuma as it may easily see it as a trick on our part.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

What an akuma doesn't know can't hurt you. Which is to say, don't get caught. :P
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alright... If you say as you say. I've edited her post. one last time. Persuade has had it's last two numbers shaved off into a bluff, though it still had three successes. Two duplication rolls, no haunt creations.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I mean, two wielders with duplicate, which even calls out pulling a fast one on merchants. xD I would have thought that to be your first gambit, well, after empty platitudes. That or yoloing it with escaping or attacking.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Sorry, was busy with the holidays.

Hmmm... this has gotten complex. I'm sorry I started this whole 'give it a weapon' thing. If Ericka had knowledge that the shiv alone wouldn't have sufficed communication of that would have been preferred, then we could have huddled to figure out what we wanted to do. I didn't see this as a culture where Wielders would give up their weapons like this; I mean, right now they're literally giving a gateway to their soul to something that is an embodiment of corruption in this world. There are some times in which risking death is preferable. (or maybe its because I'm meek in real life and use roleplaying games to try to be heroic).

Maybe it fits their characters - Dog, it seems, has never looked at his weapons any more than fancy tools (and hasn't had anyone tell him differently) and Ericka's trauma surrounding her telepathy growing up has maybe left her view skewed.

Going forward with what has been designated so far, first, Would Ericka, knowing she was going to give duplicates, have left her real weapons on a cart or given them to another (Moira maybe) and premade the duplicates out of sight of the Akuma?

In all the shifting around, has the caravan gotten off the bridge yet? For example. it would have taken Dog many turns of Move actions to traverse the length of the bridge to even get to the Akuma.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm gonna say... Whatever is less likely to have resulted in Ericka getting Insta-gibbed.

Maybe we made a bad play of this situation as a whole, but that's something we can prepare for next time we come across something far beyond our scope like an Akuma at level 2. Right now, with Ercika having given one real weapon as well as the clones, and Dog having given up his temporarily, the Akuma has five for five.

Time to see if this fails or not with Gunmetal's next post.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I was trying to frame a situation where duplicate could shine. Or recall weapon of any of you had it.

I think it turned into a little over analyzing due to the power gap maybe? That's on me.

Just remember, im here to tell a fun story. Don't feel like you guys need to plot in private or else I'll screw you over. Ask questions if it's about something lore or world related that might alter your action. It might be out of your score to know possibly, but nothing ventured, nothing gained
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I suppose the general thought process I had was "This is a being composed of magic, it would definitly know if we used magic around it." As well as "If it thinks it's getting a bum deal it'll definitely try to destroy us."

For now though, it's been given five weapons. The shiv, Inimeg(Duplicate), Tectus 2(or 3, Duplicate), and Dog's flintlock and sword.
------------