Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Nah, it just saw you guys openly using a spell in its corruption. Sneakily duplicating some weapons would have been fine.

It's all good though. We'll take it as a learning experience. I'll have a post up a bit later.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:14 am Don't feel like you guys need to plot in private or else I'll screw you over. Ask questions if it's about something lore or world related that might alter your action. It might be out of your score to know possibly, but nothing ventured, nothing gained

I agree more communication all around would have been good especially for the characters that know more about the situation (more knowledgeable) than others.

For a group that's been traveling together we can reasonably assume that some 'dinner talk' about these situations would have occurred. Our characters can have a reasonable idea what to expect from each other. If needed, and if allowed, we can discuss some things in OOC about the IC situation we're in.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Sorry, that wa meant to be up last night, but something came up. (Sounding like a broken record here..) anyways, I just figured i'd push things ahead a little bit so we can move on. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Should I toss rolls for tending to the horse as well as myself?

Also, I think I'll opt to upgrade Thought Stealing to the next tier instead of picking up Wind-Imbued.

Oh- And any experience from the encounter?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ahh yes. 30 exp.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Does that take us to level 3?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems that's the case! Upping Cunning to 8, and think I'll invest a skillpoint into a rank of Bluff. Seems like a good time to adopt it.

Hmm... What trick to pick up...
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, Wind Imbued looks really nice at third rank, but Dog wouldn't be able to avoid having haunts everywhere.
I think I'll drop it to turn Divine into Divine 2.
And I will have to bring my cunning up, because... well, apparently I didn't optimize my build ;~)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I'm thinking, from Dog's post, that Arkrite figured out the failsafe of the scenerio there. :mrgreen:

Though Flynn brings up an excellent point. Though bit of a gamble that you'd get enough exp to level up just now.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

For a Trick I'm thinking of a Communication utility Trick. When cast, all chosen allies in L range can silently communicate to one another over the span of a minute.

For comparison, the Silence trick lets all noises be unheard in a 1 meter radius for a minute. This one is just words but at a longer range.

Flavor-wise for Lloyd, just as a grove of trees can intermingle roots to become one grove, Lloyd can connect allies together so they can pass thoughts to one another, either mentally or barely louder than a whisper.

Thoughts?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That could be pretty cool. If you wished for more combat options as well, the flavor of the trick could easily be repurposed as something like telepathy if Ericka took it.

Gunmetal, the Detect Life trick; if I'm able to know where living things are with it, could I target them with a ranged(Dart) spell even through barriers like walls?
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:24 pm For a Trick I'm thinking of a Communication utility Trick. When cast, all chosen allies in L range can silently communicate to one another over the span of a minute.

For comparison, the Silence trick lets all noises be unheard in a 1 meter radius for a minute. This one is just words but at a longer range.

Flavor-wise for Lloyd, just as a grove of trees can intermingle roots to become one grove, Lloyd can connect allies together so they can pass thoughts to one another, either mentally or barely louder than a whisper.

Thoughts?
Multi-targeting 2-way telepathy for a minute within Range L is really rather strong for a trick. So as presented, I'd have to say no. The principle task of silent communication is fine, but the detail need some serious tweaks to bring it back to more the level of a trick.

I'd say a 1-way silent broadcast to chosen targets in Range L would be fine. It'd be like the Sending spell from D&D, up to 25 words per cast.

Or single-target 2-way for a minute in Range L.

Or muti-target 2-was within a meter (same range as silence) for a minute

All three variants have different uses, and thus better suited as separate tricks; Broadcast, Converse and Commune.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:40 pm That could be pretty cool. If you wished for more combat options as well, the flavor of the trick could easily be repurposed as something like telepathy if Ericka took it.

Gunmetal, the Detect Life trick; if I'm able to know where living things are with it, could I target them with a ranged(Dart) spell even through barriers like walls?
I'd say no in general. The magic flows from you and travels the distance to affect your target. Line of effect would be needed (even if its through a tiny keyhole)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira aids Ericka's Lore for a total of three successes. Have there been stories of this happening before and what resulted?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

If Lloyd casts one converse (single-target 2-way for a minute in Range L) to go for a minute then casts it again for a different person could he potentially relay messages between them?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Suggestion; Name the trick "Whisper".
------------