Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira is riding high on Bearrage, surveying with her Spyglass.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:00 am Ericka Akcire

"Lloyd," She spoke, loud enough to be heard over the water. "I think, that this would be the perfect place to use your magic..."
Lloyd shrugs, reluctantly agreeing. He raps Heartwood at the center of the bridge.
Cunning: 5d6 5d6: 23 [5d6=6, 4, 3, 5, 5]
Mosses and springy grasses spread out from the point of impact all around the Wielder as Lloyd dusts his hands with hand chalk to counter any sweaty palms.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

As the caravan travels, the waves make keeping an eye open difficult. Of course, you're not looking for enemy riders, the path only goes two ways and no bandit would be insane enough to try and set up a blockade on such temporary passage, they'd be just as likely washed away while trying to prey on desparate passers by.

No, the threats you'd seek are more likely to come form the waves, some kind of aquatic deceiver being the worse case scenerio in all likelyhood, if less likely that what is to be.

Moira from her mount with her spyglasses catches sight of two silvery glints among the waves, almost imperceptible with the sun's scattered and ever-shifting reflection on the water, but Sashura manages to get an even better look in a moment of clarity where the sun isn't glaring, and the two shapes are visible close to the surface and heading fast towards the landbridge.

A pair of crocodiles, adults and nasty-looking except, not normal. These two look to be covered snout to tail as though all their scales were replaced or perhaps enhanced with silver, accounting for their near invisibility in these waters.
An Anatomy/Knowledge test of 1 will tell you that you're crossing a body of ocean water. These guys should not be here, yet they seem just fine.

Everyone roll recovery, the gators are instigating this attack, so we'll be starting on the enemy phase against two silver crocodiles!
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
AT : 4, now 3 from moving.
Anatomy check: 4d6 13 (4d6=6, 1, 4, 2) = 1 success.
Recovery Check 11/2: 7d6 27 (7d6=5, 3, 5, 4, 1, 5, 4) = 3 + 1 = 4 ATs
Sashura had been looking out over the waves, admiring the scenery while watching for something odd to happen, when she noticed something in the ocean. Coming in fast.

A pair of adult silver crocodiles.

"Wait - this is ocean water. Silver crocodiles are fresh water - they should not be here !"

"HEY EVERYBODY ! We got a pair of big adult silver crocodiles coming in fast from the right !"
she called out as she prepared her new hand crossbow for use, while moving forward - a hand crossbow has good range, but even it has limits.
Last edited by Prof Weird on Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"W-what?" The woodsman says only recognizing the tone as indicative of an approaching enemy.
Recovery w/Adv: 6d6 25 [6d6=4, 4, 6, 4, 1, 6]
a lucky 5 successes +1 for 6
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
AT: 5
Bearrage AT: 3
Moira tried to recall what she could about silver crocodiles (or crocodiles in general) to best be able to inform her companions of weaknesses or things to look out for even as she readied her sling.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 3 Wounds: 5/5

"What's a crocodile?" Dog bellows, looking around with a confused expression, "Is that some kind of fish?"
OOC: Endurance for start of Crocodile fight: 5D6 = [5, 3, 2, 6, 3]
Two Successes, plus one for the Recovery action.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 3 | Wounds 5/5

She was never actually ready for this, not even drawing Gemini brought her comfort.

Recovery:[url=https://orokos.com/roll/857661]1 (3,4,5,2)+1(Recovery)+1(Quickdraw)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The silver gators rush the land bridge, one going for Ericka as its nearest prey, while the other goes for one of the cart horses, startling the driver who falls off the other end of the bench as the horses start to panic, the one attacked in particular letting out a horrific scream as the croc takes a nasty bite at it.
Ericka has the option to Defend/Dodge/Parry the croc coming at her. The horse takes a significant hurt, but is still alive, for the moment. I've tinted the injured horse red so you can tell which one it is.

Go ahead and take your actions, once Ericka has opted whether to defend or not, I'll let Malsyn know the result to factor in.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 2 | Wounds 5/5
(S)6|(I)2|(P)2|(E)3

Defend: 2 (5.6.4.1.4)

Ericka brings up her spear at the last moment-!
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 5
Bearrage AT: 3>2
Bearrag AT: 1

As Bearrage presses forward Moira casts first Furious on the bear-gun, then summons the first alternate, Bearrag, into being.

Bearrage action (1AT) - Move, Free Action - Step
Moira Action (0AT) - Furious, Free - Duplicate
Furious: 6D6 = [2, 1, 4, 6, 5, 5] = 23
3, no Haunts
duplicate: 6D6 = [6, 4, 4, 1, 1, 3] = 19
the 1 I needed
Bearrag starting Tokens: 6D6 = [3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 4] = 16
, uhg only the free 1
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ericka successfully defends!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 1 | Wounds 5/5
(S)6|(I)2|(P)2|(E)3

She deftly shoves the crocodilian to the side with her spear, then makes to stab at it with Gemini!

Attack Action: Roll Result
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Milhaus
AT: 6>4

Seeing the horse's plight Lloyd tried the measure of Viribius he'd picked up at the Guild HQ. Others there swore by the substance. Indeed, he did feel his muscles start to buzz. His first steps were springy due to the mosses and grass of his magic and soon he was in striking distance unleashing a strong downward strike, the newly installed spike adding the length he needed for a more devastating strike and even though Heartwood was no bigger around than a shoot of bamboo, the spectral tree that materialized was tall and thick and came crashing down with such a blow as to shake the bridge.

"Over here, Beast!" he taunts to try to distract it from the horse. He'd considered invoking new magics in order to make him able to strike from farther away, but he wanted to bait the creature into stepping and attacking himself rather than the beast of burden.
Free to use Guild item. Reroll Attack once during combat (not invoked yet)
Charge for Move and Attack, Advantage from Charge property.
attack: Impact damage.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
AT : 3, now 2

Sashura managed to reach the vegetative region created by Lloyd's talents, and used it to get into better position to shoot the closest corrupted alligator (Move for 0 ATs).

Crossbow attack on nearest gator: 6d6 24 (6d6=4, 5, 3, 5, 5, 2) 3 successes.
Now have 9 iron crossbow bolts left.
"Well, that might soften it up a bit !" she mused to herself as she prepared to use Chelydra.