For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 3
Bearrag AT: 5
bullets used: 5

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:44 pm The akuma tilts its head slightly. "Your words are naught but air on a calm day...plentiful, but devoid of substance...but this item. You speak to me as though I am some human child that is ignorant of things such as bond weapons."
Moira flinches "If I do it is only because *I* am little more than a child myself, especially so in the Awe of your Presence." Moira says trying to cover for any offense.
"Your empty promises are worthless to me. You will leave and expect that once you've made distance you are no longer bound by your word and that I will not hunt you, and you would be correct, as I cannot be bothered to hunt such insignificant chaff. I will see this weapon that is a bane to my kind."
Moira will nod. She'll turn and walk to Ericka, unloading Bearrage in the process. "If you keep this with you I can catch up, no matter where it is. That way you can all leave me if you need to. I'll give the ammo to Lloyd when I pass him in case the Akuma possesses me. I'm the least threat without my weapon of all of us." she whispers to Ericka as she exchanged the empty Bearrage for the shiv. "Though if you wanted to give me two duplicates of your spear... I'll have a worst-case scenario option." she says in low tones, her voice resigned.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 3 | Wounds 3/5
(S)6|(I)2|(P)2|(E)3

She wanted to it. Maybe it held no use to her now, being only a remnant left behind by a terrible man, but she'd heard of the processes her elders in the Order could use to extract the last vestiges of power from what were ordinarily lifeless husks. Ericka, if Moira had never mentioned it herself, would have wanted to keep it hidden away for the time when she too could learn it's secrets.

Yet, in a way, was that not Vain of her in and of itself?

Fitting perhaps to willingly give it a way to an Akuma. "Moira, n-no.... I'll be alright. It should be me to start this off. We need you to keep hold of yours, b-but... I think for this, we'll need more then just one. We had slain five of her pets, so perhaps then... Five tokens of ourselves in return."

The young woman pulled it from it's hiding place at the very bottom of her pack, holding it carefully within her hands as if holding some special treasure. To her, it was exactly that. It had become hers by right of conquest, and she would've learnt how to make it's magic her own if given time. Strange, how much meaning a small sliver of metal could have to a human.

Ericka took a deep breath, held her arms out stretched with the weapon sitting balanced in the center of her palms as if presenting a slain knight's sword to her king. Her steps were deliberate and slow, to show no signs of aggressions towards the eldritch being. When she reached a distance that felt the optimum between close and far, the girl kneeled and held her hands aloft.

"I give you this as if it were a part of me, this treasure I had claimed and wished to make mine. To say I offer this is to do you a disservice, for this was already yours the moment your words were heard. Take this bane of your kind, I shall not dare to look upon it again. And," The girl reaches for both her sheaths, hesitating. Would the Akuma accept Inimeg without it's bonded pair? For that matter, would she also accept an aspect of Tectus?

Her instructors had often berated her at school for not seeing the trick of duplication as they did, but perhaps this embodiment of magical chaos may accept her others had not.

Ericka slowly and without aggression, drew Inemeg and held it out alongside the shiv, before slowly drawing fourth another spear"I also lay bare these extensions of my own soul if it were to please you."

Cunning (Bluff): 3 (2,3,1,2,6,6,5)
Cunning(Duplication): 2 (6,2,6,3,1,2,1)
Cunning(Duplication): 2 (2,2,6,3,4,4,5)
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 4 Wounds: 5/5

Dog gives Ericka a raised eyebrow as if to ask if this thing was really as dangerous as she was implying.

With a shrug he unloads the pistol, as much to save ammo as to avoid accidental shooting, then draws his sword. He walks out to where Ericka is and sets the silver and gold weapons down on the ground before backing away.

Giving away both was a risky proposition, but he'd lived without them before, he could live without them again. For a time.

And living seemed to be the operative word here.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Milhaus
AT: 4
Viribus charge [attack reroll]: still 1 to use

Lloyd stands back. He activates an ability which seems to have a faint spectral tree trunk hovering nearby, it swings about as he walks. It looks incorporeal but it ould possibly manifest in time to intercept an atttack.
Roll to activate a reflavored Shielding Cunning: 5D6 = [1, 2, 1, 5, 6] = 15
no haunts
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 3
Bearrag AT: 5
bullets used: 5

As Moira's idea was redesigned by Ericka Moira turned Bearrage into a raptor and stashed him on a passing cart to get the weapon out of the way.
She approached with the others, but stopped short (about 8 paces away). The duplicate she had in bear form, Bearrag, kept walking forward though.

"Dog, take one of you weapons back. While *this* akuma maybe reasonable, the journey is long and who knows what we'll encounter in the weeks to come and we'll need your strong fighting arm. I'll give up my weapon instead." she says sadly. With that Bearrag moved next to the other weapons and bowed as if in homage to the akuma. In a flash it became a gun again.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

The akuma hovers passively as the bond weapons are arrayed before it and regards the weilders, moving as if on egg shells. It was aware of the power it held over them, and relished in it. Once the weapons were placed before it, it waves a dismissive arm outward. "Begone humans."

It doesn't move from its position and takes no action to follow, simply watching as you all depart, assuming that is indeed what you do. It doesn't seem interested in further interaction though, maybe pleased with its "victory" here.

The caravan meanwhile has been moving forward, looking to make the other side of the land bridge before the tide changes, and with your help, they have experienced no delays that would endanger that goal! Good job, and only one injured horse to show for it which is tended to once the other side of the bridge is reached where camp will be established, if, a little earlier than Indius would have liked, but an injured horse quickly becomes a dead horse. Better to care for its wounds before it becomes an issue.
It's evening time in camp not too far from the land bridge, which was another hour or so of travel after your encounter with the akuma, and another 10 minutes travel away from the coast to get into better protected land. Feel free to chat about what happened and what to do next. Indius is around as well of course. You all have been camped for a few hours, and its meal time!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
Wounds 3/5

"Ngh..." Ericka hissed near one of the campfires, pressing a cotton swab dabbed in alcohol against the brutal injuries she'd sustained earlier. By this point she'd stripped herself of most her upper clothing, leaving only a thin black tank-top in place to allow some modest while still providing herself ample freedom to work. Earlier she'd made sure to treat the caravan horse's wounds first, allowing the lingering pain to try and bring down the deep sense of loss she'd felt earlier.

Inemeg had of course returned to her, she felt it within her soul. She wished to bring it fourth and listen to it's thoughts on the Akuma in the hour it'd spent, but for now there was the pressing matter of making sure her wounds didn't fester. "That was simply... The worst. Better, perhaps, then other outcomes but..."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd

He checks the time via the position of moon and stars once again. "Won't your ruse weapons definitely have disappeared by now?" The woodsmen asks. He flashes dark eyes to the group, unhappy with how things shook out and looking sideways at Dog.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
Wounds 3/5

Ericka's cheeks flush red, "Inemeg is not- not a ruse weapon. While I admit that creating aspects of Tectus feels less... 'Meaningful', they were all still a part of me."

She puts down her medical kit, and holds out a hand. Cinders flow up from her hand to take the form of her treasured blade. "They have however returned to me now. The being... it's too prideful to pursue us, even if it now only possesses three. Too territorial."

Cunning: 1 (2,4,4,4,4,1,3,5)
(Wow, good thing I just picked up extra cunning.)
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog lays on the ground with his feet extended towards the campfire, his armor stored away at the moment, head propped up on his arms.

"I'd let that one go," Dog says with a grin, "Lessen you enjoy watching her get right riled up. 'Cause that argument puts a bee in her bonnet something fierce, and it is fun to watch."

He leans back, enjoying the campfire, "Me I'm for thinking this was fine, we lost one weapon nobody was going to use anyways, and we all walked away. And the only people who are going to say anything about it are just happy they didn't get killed by that monster thing or his fish."

"Still, I'd be happier to put more distance between us and it before I get my weapons back," He sighs, "Or if we could have skinned one of those silver things. I think I would have liked a nice wide brimmed hat made out of that stuff."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd

Lloyd's scowl holds confusion and sadness at Dog's words. "Maybe... maybe I was taught wrong. I've believe Wielder's weapons are core of our very being. Our soul. That is no easy thing to give up to one responsible for so much harm and capable of corruption. Especially since your magic was already part of its demesne - Blinding, yes? Can it not use the connection of your weapons to influence you? Turn you away from Solum? Turn you against us?" Lloyd questions flatly.

"That would be my concern... WAS my concern." He holds Heartwood protectively. "IS my concern." He looks to Dog as if expecting the man to develop silvered skin. "Is it not yours?"

"We know the very presence of an akuma taints the land around it. Every moment your weapons are near it could be more corruption seeping in." Lloyd says.

"Or am I wrong?" he looks to the group. "Maybe I have learned wrong things. Or maybe you have learned the trick to summon your weapons back. That would be good. Have you tried that yet?"
Dog gets two tricks with the level up, one of those could be Recall. That'd be cool.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
Wounds 3/5

"Th-there are no bees in my.... anywhere!" She profuses, ears red at Dog's language.

When Lloyd speaks, she finds herself paging ardently through her journal. "Welll.... When, when it comes to the beings and weapons like that, it's..."

Lore: 2 (2,4,5,1,4,5,3,1,3)
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira was sitting there quietly, her eyes silvered over. She blinked several times before her normal sclera and pupils showed again. In a rush of feathers a large raptor descended from the sky and alighted upon her outstretched arm.

"I've been watching." she speaks finally. "No sign of pursuit yet."

"We'll take a rest then get Bearrage back up there." she says exhaling tiredly but cooing at the powerful bird she held.
Channel Senses _: 6D6 = [4, 4, 2, 3, 5, 2] = 20 1 success
"I," she pauses, "I didn't enjoy that encounter." Moira says quietly.

"It felt like a betrayal of my family and of other Wielders who've fallen fighting against the Tainted."

"And as to what we should expect of it in possession of Dog's weapons..." she adds her own knowledge to Ericka's.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:43 pm"Th-there are no bees in my.... anywhere!" She profuses, ears red at Dog's language.
"A bonnet is just a hat, Ericka," Dog laughs, "I wouldn't worry much about my soul. Figure there ain't much left worth talking about."

"If it was easy to create an army of wielders I don't think there'd be many people left around,"
He yawns.

"And yeah, I can probably bring them back. But I figured maybe we ought to wait another day before we taunt the creepy monster by stealing all his treasure," Dog says, "These carts don't move all that fast."

Dog shrugs again at Moira's comments about betrayal, "Dead is dead. I wouldn't be happier with my family dead. Can't imagine yours would either."

"But hey, if it bothers you can always come back with more wielders and hunt it down,"
Dog notes.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Ericka, nor Moira can bring to mind anything they've studied that would give cause to worry about a wielder being corrupted through their weapon in the hands of an akuma. Bond weapons are anathema to akuma, bane to their otherwise imperviousness to the weapons of mankind. It's more likely the akuma would throw them to the waves, glad to be rid of them.

Though now that you've had a moment to sit and ponder the situation without the stress of a significant looming threat, Ericka does recall a particular bit of research. Something she'd only seen in passing and not gone down the rabbit hole for, and certainly not something she's tested, but it entailed something about a wielder that tried to be rid of his bond weapon, not wanting that responsibility, only for the weapon to pleague him to the point he'd taken his own life to escape his fate. Or something like that.

If the tale was accurate, there's a good chance that the weapons will return on their own. The real ones anyways. The duplicates of course vanished after their hour was up. The shiv on the other hand, with no wielder to return to, will likely be lost, at least until such time perhaps it finds its way to a new wielder, should it manifest that way. Hard to say exactly without knowing the shiv's tale.