Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 4 Wounds: 5/5

Dog grimaces at the size of the beast, and questions his choices in life that brought him to this point. With a shrug he turns to his years of experience in life or death fights looking for a weakness.

He found nothing but a burning assumption that it was most likely weak to being stabbed to death.
OOC: Recovery for start of battle: 5D6 = [1, 5, 6, 2, 2]
Two successes for Three total.
I forgot that you get an extra dice for each free hand you have, so:
Addendum to first Recover check, extra dice for having a hand free: 1D6 = [5]

Brings AT up to four.
knowledge Anatomy: 3D6 = [1, 4, 4]
No successes.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
  • Duplicate: "Inimeg" Kukri
  • Duplicate: "Tectus 2" shortspear (held)
  • Action Tokens: 4
Recovery: 3+1 (5,1,5,5,3)
Intelligence: 1 (4,2,3,2,6,4)

She was ready for this. Ericak had studied her notes over and over for days, had already long braced herself for combat even before they set out that very first day. Tectus 2 was grasped firmly within her hand, with Gemini and it's twin yearning for combat in their sheaths. It's strange, as no matter how much she declared herself a member of the Occult house, there was always this thirst for bloodshed lingering just under the surface. Perhaps it was the same for all wielders.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

The deceiver bounds off the large boulder towards Moira and her bear, leaping after a few massive, fast steps and attempts to tear at the young hunter with vicious looking talons.
Moira, you may opt to spend AT to Defend, Dodge or Parry for yourself and your bear before I roll/tell you the result. Regardless, Pounce moves the deceiver into your spaces and forces you to move to an adjascent space to the side afterward, though if you dodge, you get to move your speed as you like.

The map is updated.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
AT: 3>2
HP: 5
Bearrage
AT: 2
HP: 11

Moira rolls out of the way as best she can, her bear does not. It takes the hit and will be in place to retaliate.

As she catches a glimpse of the thing she will call out the weakness if she recognizes it.
defense_: 4D6 = [2, 2, 5, 5] = 14
2 successes,
and
reflexive anatomy _: 6D6 = [6, 4, 1, 1, 5, 6] = 23
4 successes.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The deceiver rips in and displaces the hunter and her bear, slashing with wicked talons, tearing especially into the bond-turned-beast.
You have 3 success that I can see there, but that's still enough. The talons it is currently trying to shread your fave with are super sharp, but don't look all that durable. If one were able to land a targeted hit and deal at least 1 impact damage, you could break one off, and if you could get both, you should be able to take the bite out of its pounce attack.

Speaking of the pounce attack, it rolled 4 success, so Moira takes 2 and is displaced, the bear takes the full amount. Don't forget to applying Slashing resistance if any. I know the bear has 1, so it'll only take 3 injuries.

It is now the hunter phase. You don't have to act in any particular order, just remember to let me know if you are attacking before you roll so I can deside if the beastie will try to defend or not. It also runs off of AT after all.

Map is updated
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
  • Duplicate: "Inimeg" Kukri
  • Tetus (Wielded)
  • Action Tokens: 3
"Everyone!" She shouts, as she flicks the ignition mechanism on her duplicate spear.
"Please stay back, this is going to explode!"

With as much force as she can muster, she throws her weapon forward, a thin trail of smoke trailing behind from their fuse.

As the duplicate leaves her hand, she draws the real one and readies to charge after it detonates.

Strength: 3 (5,5,5,3,4)
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
AT: 2>1
HP: 5
Bearrage
AT: 2>1
HP: 8
Moira's defense reduced the hit to two, her armor took the rest so no injuriess.
Moira trained for this. She tucked her body as best she could but still the beast's massive talon clipped her rending the finely tooled leather a deep gash but not touching flesh.

"Well, that could have been worse." she says eyeing the score of the talons in the armor. "It's talons, they can be broken off by a bludgeoning strike, one on each foot. That'll hamper its greatest attack."

Then it became so much worse as the smoking spear landed in the space to her right. Moira trained at an Upgrade laboratory. She recognized the quiet hiss and the trail of smoke. "The explosion has roughly a 3-pace range." Moira says measuring distances with a glance and nudging the spear eastward with her boot*.
*I'd like to use a Free Action for 'Interact' to shift the spear one tile to the right, nothing elaborate. That should get Lloyd out of the radius. Is that allowed?
Backing away from the smoking spear. "It's best used when the thing is restrained or engaged somehow. Bearrag, try to hold it's attention.... and .... sorry." she says, her voice sad, knowing the explosions destructive capability. (She pronounces the name differently, where previously she'd named her mount <bear-ahj>, this time she calls <bear-ahg>, for any who notices such.)

[I'm going to have every duplicate drop a letter from the name, the next will be Bearra <bear-ah>, then Bearr <bear-ur>. Unless you guys think that's needlessly complicated...]
Moira moves 4 along the southwestern line (roughly 7'o'clock if it were a clock-face), she ends up 3-paces from the middlemost fire.
Bearrag, it's eyes blazing red will tear into the Deceiver's backside with a mighty roar in effort to gain it's attention.
Bearrag is in one of the back hexes so no Defense possible, I'll go ahead and roll it now. Slashing: 9D6 = [3, 6, 2, 2, 6, 5, 3, 3, 4] = 34
3 successes, slashing. There's no way he can do the Teir 5 Agi so 10 automatic damage obliterates him, so I hope this works...
When Bearrag is blown away there will be an intact empty light machine gun in his place.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
AT : 3

The bad news was that Sashura was way out of position to do anything about the deceiver at the moment;
the good news was that Sashura had some relatively safe time to prepare.
Free action to move 2m closer to the fight, then Recover action _: 5D6 = [4, 2, 3, 6, 4] = 19

Hmm - 1 success for 2 more ATs. The dice NOT lovin' me so far ....

But should be in range of a Move/Charge next turn.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT- 0 now

Lloyd, hopefully needing the reach of his staff-tree, and assured he was not in the spear's destructive radius, attacks, though not for the claws just yet.
twice.
Combo 2 Attack 2:
And Free Action*.

*if either attack hit does damage use Increase Gravity Trick to Ensnare Deceiver
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 9 Wounds: 5/5

Dog is just starting to lurch forward when he hears Ericka. He digs his heels in and looks over at her.

"Explode? Wait, did you just hurl a bomb at it?" His jaw hangs open as he turns his attention back to the Deceiver.
OOC: Free action to move one space closer to the Deceiver, using Recovery Action
Second recover action: 6D6 = [5, 6, 5, 2, 2, 6] Four successes, +1 for Recover action,
brings his total up to 9 AT.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The deceiver is beset with numerous attacks, with one attacker from it's unprotected rear. Ericka's spear manages to dig in before being pulled free from its own weight, avoiding the tail sweep that attempted to knock it from the air. Bearrag's assault goes unanswered due to the bear's superior position.

It attempts to avoid Lloyd's first swing and does so, if only bearly, but Lloyd's second swing is able to capitalize on the deceiver being off center from evading the first and pins it's foot in place with his staff, shattering the talon in the process.
Ericka's spear and Bearrag's attacks get through, but are softened a bit by resistance, so they do 2 injury each. It avoids Lloyd's first swing with a really good defensive roll, but Lloyd's second attack hits and ensnares it, dealing 1 injury. (Remember, targeted attacks are at disadvantage unless you use your free action to Target, which removes that disadvantage) It does have the opportunity to try and free itself on its turn, which is now.
The deceiver had not expected to run into such opposition, as deceivers are not intelligent creatures. They simply devour people. The deceiver's mask splits open and it lets out a feral, piercing warble of a screech, also displaying the human-like faces that reside under the mask of every deceiver while it attempts to pull its foot free from Lloyd's staff in vain.

With Lloyd out of it's reach, and none of the other wielders close enough, the deceiver desperately swings it's tail in a wide arc to smash into the bear mauling at its hindquarters.
Recovers, then uses Tail Sweep towards Bearrag. It doesn't really matter if it attempts to defend because of what's coming up here.
Just as the tail completes its arc, Ericka's spear bomb detonates, enveloping the deceiver and Bearrag in a intense fireball of destructive force, leaving nothing but a still, smoldering deceiver and a smoking light machine gun where a bear was previously standing. Heartwood is little worse for wear, showing just a little charring on the edge of the staff where it was pinning the deceiver's foot.

Once the ringing stops, everything seems still and silent. Any additional, lesser threats that may have been following the deceiver to benefit off it's leavings likely scared off by the concussive boom.
It totally fails, and as was mentioned, bears cannot possibly make a tier 5 save on 4 dice, so both take 10 injuries, and the battle is over.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She waited only half a seccond befkre she rushed forward, drawing out her carving knife. "I-I have to see if I can still save her!"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 9 Wounds: 5/5

Dog gives Ericka another incredulous look yelling, "Save her? It just tried to kill us, what would you want to save it?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

The explosion was as impressive as she remembered from her time at the lab and with her family's efforts at improving the weapons of mankind.

When Ericka rushed forward Moira remembered the scout. "He's unlikely to be in there whole, but we can attempt this if the others want to backtrack where the beast came from, they may find an injured scout there for Sashura's talents." Moira says as she pulls a pair of sharpened shears and a crowbar.
Whether they find the scout inside the thing or not, Moira will continue to harvest soft and hard parts.
It's one Anatomy roll per tile of beast.
soft parts_: 6D6 = [5, 4, 5, 4, 6, 3] = 27
6D6 = [4, 1, 4, 4, 4, 6] = 23
6D6 = [3, 5, 5, 5, 3, 6] = 27

This looks like two successfully harvested soft parts.
I noticed neither of the house of Battle folks had the Guild crowbar so I took one as part of guild gear.
Here's the Knowledge roll to beat the UR to use the crowbar _: 5D6 = [4, 6, 6, 6, 5] = 27
I beat the UR.
and, hard parts_: 6D6 = [6, 3, 2, 5, 3, 5] = 24
6D6 = [3, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2] = 12
6D6 = [2, 6, 6, 6, 2, 6] = 28

Which also looks like 2

We can share amongst all the PCs who want monster parts. They're good for armor upgrades.
Moira happily tears and slices up the deceiver.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She bites her lip, pulling out her notebook to consult as she made the first incisions. She knew that the likelihood was basically nil, but as a medic she had to try.

harvest "vital" parts (such as the stomach)
Anatomy: 3 2,2,1,5,3,5,5
Intelligence: 2 5,3.6,2,2,2
Intelligence: 2 1,1,1,6,6,2
------------