PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: The PALADINS(OOC THREAD)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: The PALADINS(OOC THREAD)

Post by MacynSnow »

PALLADIUM STUDIOS
"Hollywood is often referred to as "The City Of Stars" and that's what you originally came out here for, to be a star idolized by Billions....or you grew-up here in this city that can cause even the best of us to burn out ahead of our time and are just trying to make ends meet by showing up here...or any number of reasons i can give, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. In the end, everyone here awnsered the Ad in the paper proclaiming the grand re-opening of the old Palladium Studios lot & their need to hire as many people as possible. What you and 99 other schmucks didn't know was that you'd be at literal ground zero when Reality decided to fall asleep at the wheel...."

PREMISE
Your characters are the first superpowerd people in this world. Your not the only one's, however. There was a total of 100 people at Palladium Studios that day, so you can be certain that there's more of you out there...

RULES
-- Power Level for submission's are 9, i'm sticking to a Watchmen- meets- Ultraverse level feel here guys.
-- you must all have been at Palladium Studios for some reason that day. It could be for any reason, doesn't matter.
-- you don't HAVE to have powers(i'm ok with a Nite-Owl or Roarschach type hero) but you weren't a hero beforehand either.

PERSONAL NOTES
Since i'm just getting back to working these Muscles, i'll be posting up on this once a Week & expecting my player's to do the same. I'm trying to go for a low level MCU feel for this, as i loved the whole Watchmen idea, but hated certain characters & the placement. I also loved the Ultraverse concept but disliked the high PL nature of it. I'll only be picking Five player's, but with 95 other possibly powered people(dare you to say it five time fast...) to do up, i'll probably borrow concepts from everyone else' so i'm warning y'all ahead of time so i don't get yelled at. Anyway, have fun & let the submission's flow..... :D

CAST LIST(THE ELITE):
DOCTOR MALSYN AS COLE "CK" KINGSLY= Carbon King
TONY JONES AS BRIAR LOGAN=Jellicle
FLYNNAREL AS DEREK TRIEMCHEK=Split-Second
MRDENT12 AS ANDY HARKER=Messiah
NEO-PALADIN AS LINDA MCCALL=Protagonist

THE ELITE (SUPPORT GROUP):
DOCTOR MALSYN=Mariette Kingsly
TONY JONES=Salem Remington
FLYNNAREL=Margo Foxten
MRDENT12=Katie Smith
NEO-PALADIN=Officer Miles Chance

EPISODE LISTINGS:
EPISODE ONE:"A DAY OF CHANGE!"
EPISODE TWO:"THE NEW NORMAL?"
EPISODE THREE:"SUFFER NOT OTHERS..."

INTERLUDE(SIDE STORIES):
INTERLUDE ONE:IN THE SHADOW OF GIANTS

RESOURCES:
NPC/PC Character Sheets
World Information
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 am, edited 14 times in total.
CaptainChaos

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: Now Hiring(Recruitment Thread)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Any prohibited powers?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Interesting! What more can you say about the Palladium Studios?

And kinda disappointed that this isn't about the long promised Disney Rifts movie.. ;)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What better way to celebrate your return then with the return of a new game at last. ;)

My first thought was "Child actor turned Ozymandius-level Genius", but I don't like the idea of playing someone that young. I'll keep the brain-cog a clicking.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok, to awnser questions...
Captain Chaos= no prohibited powers, but remember that it's a Watchmen/Ultraverse level of heros/villians here so i'm not wanting Apocalypse or Galactus level Heralds here(much as i liked him, no Atom Bob types)....

Spectrum= Palladium Studios was originally a studio that cropped up during Hollywood's 'Golden Era', but went Bankrupt when the Depression hit. The original owners' great-greats re-opened the Studio in the late 2000's as an Animation-only company but almost went belly-up again when the great-greats got arrested for embezzlement. Their current idea to stay open is to use the 'Roger Rabbit' idea of live actor's and CGI, hence why you unlucky schmucks are here .

As for Disney Rifts? We should see the trailer before we all die... :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Could the abilities granted be mutation based, like changing how the characters look?
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 pm Could the abilities granted be mutation based, like changing how the characters look?
Certainly, as long as it all add's up to PL 9 It's fine Doc. This also goes for everybody else.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Any house rules for power costs?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:43 pm Any house rules for power costs?
If your stuck with fractions for costs, you can round down but expect me to do the Same for NPC's(even Super Villians).

The only general Houserule i ever use for my games are these three words: FAIR IS FAIR. What it means is just as simple; if i allow you to use it, don't expect me to not use it myself.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Working some ideas out.

Macyn, would you cobsider it to be a Quirk(and to what degree?) or an application of Limited, if the user of an ability automatically counts as suffocating/Not being able to breath?
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 pm Working some ideas out.

Macyn, would you cobsider it to be a Quirk(and to what degree?) or an application of Limited, if the user of an ability automatically counts as suffocating/Not being able to breath?
Depends on what the Power is. Are we talking Atlantean "Reverse Water" here or something else entirely?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm thinking there's some density manipulation in the powerset, but it requires breath control to operate. Going insubstantial would involve breathing outward, and this would need to be maintained for the entire power's duration.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:25 pm I'm thinking there's some density manipulation in the powerset, but it requires breath control to operate. Going insubstantial would involve breathing outward, and this would need to be maintained for the entire power's duration.
Ah, your talking a reverse version of Kitty Pryde's original limitation! It'd have to be linked to STA, like her's was, so you'd be on a rather short clock(depending on your Stamina number). I'll allow it easily enough as an application of Limited like her's originally was...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Linked to stamina in what way? Round per round?
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:29 am Linked to stamina in what way? Round per round?
Yeah, that's how Shadowcat's used to originally work(before Power Creep & The Marauders got together).