DEAD Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)- OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Who's ready for a Dragon Heist? (5th ed) recruitment

Post by Spectrum »

The Yawning Portal

The Yawning Portal is a famous inn and tavern located in the Castle Ward of Waterdeep. Adventurers can meet all sorts of colorful characters here.

The place is a stone building with a slate roof and several chimneys. Most of the ground floor is taken up by the tavern’s common room, which contains a 40-foot-diameter open well (actually the outer shell of a sunken stone tower) that descends 140 feet to the first level of Undermountain, the sprawling dungeon under Waterdeep. A rope-and-pulley mechanism is used to lower adventurers into the well and hoist them out.

The upper floors of the Yawning Portal contain comfortable, nicely appointed rooms for guests.

Durnan, the proprietor, charges standard prices for food, drink, and lodging (see chapter 5 of the Player’s Handbook for costs).

We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Re: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)

Post by Spectrum »

I still need details from folks- little things, like at least one name :P

Other than that, game on!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

If we are supposed to know each other already we should probably get a handle on that OOC. Delphne has been in Waterdeep for over a decade at least. And it is possible she's been coming to the Yawning Portal to relax for some time now.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Autumn, as a Celestian worshipper, is a wanderer by religion, so she's certainly not been here long, but at the same time, may have visited on different occasions.

Also as a wanderer, it's entirely reasonable for her to have crossed paths with you all at least once in the past, whether during a visit to Waterdeep, some other city or region, or simply on the road.

If anyone can't think of a reason for their characters to know each other, Autumn can tie everything together and make introductions with the best possible reason to know everyone. :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

As i posted, Marco's only been in Waterdeep a week at most, so if he knew anyone well it'd have to be Autumn the most.
Remember, Marco was part of a Security patrol for the Elturgard territory, so he could've met Autumn a couple of times(depending on her usual travel routes). As for Delphne, it depends really on how friendly she is(and how much of her history we'd know).

Bard is just Bard till we know more of him...:P
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Worth noting, everyone having met Autumn, would have also met her mentor Dallas, as they only parted ways recently for her to wander her own roads. She's only recently completed her acolyte training to become a full fledged cleric. (Mentioned for conversation points your characters might pick up on!)

As I considered earlier, Dallas is a drow cleric of Celestian, defying the drow stereotypes pretty extremely. Dallas isn't even his real name, obviously, but he took a new name to distance himself from his heritage. He's also a cleric of Celestian and Autumn mentor, having taken her under his wing after her village was sacked
Gunmetal_Rainbow

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:30 pm If we are supposed to know each other already we should probably get a handle on that OOC. Delphne has been in Waterdeep for over a decade at least. And it is possible she's been coming to the Yawning Portal to relax for some time now.
Now that Im reading the post proper at home, I don't think the intent was that we all know each other already, just that we were simply seated at the same longtable.

That said, with the two IC posts already sort of framing things as though we came here together, having met up earlier in the city, we may as well roll with it that way. :)

I'm just going to hold off a little until Bill gets his character name in, since if Autumn had met him before, she'd know his name at least. :P
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I was leaning towards you being only casually knowledgeable of each other as fresh faces but having worked together in the past works as well.

Adventure as written suggests that you don't know each other yet but that can be worked around.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:54 pm I was leaning towards you being only casually knowledgeable of each other as fresh faces but having worked together in the past works as well.

Adventure as written suggests that you don't know each other yet but that can be worked around.
That was always my problem with going full AW(Adventure as Written). Since i was running a Long established group(GREED-E always wanted to use the same PC's, as it SUPPOSEDLY felt wrong to "break up a good thing", but really it was more a min/max thing...), i always had to work around it.
If it helps any, it's only been a week since we got together as a group...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hi folks. I'm waiting for a few more people to reply before getting the game under way.

I'm eager to get going. :)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:22 pm Hi folks. I'm waiting for a few more people to reply before getting the game under way.

I'm eager to get going. :)
I'm literally waiting on Bill to come up with at least a a me for his character. :lol:
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Sorry to have missed this one! I had a character in reserve that would have fit well.

Enjoy, guys.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Could you edit the first post on this thread and add (OOC) to the thread title?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:36 am Could you edit the first post on this thread and add (OOC) to the thread title?
Done
jmucchiello

Re: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)- OOC

Post by jmucchiello »

Thanks!