PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(Session Zero: A Day Of Change)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally | 1 HP | Normal

His cloudy form seemed to grow thick and heavy after doing whatever it just did to the krazed Kalahari. A skeletal figure composed of some crystaline material was taking shape, recoviring a modicum of the absent strength he'd lost.

With the excitement of combat momentarily halted, all that ash and dust reconverged with the skeletal structure to reform Cole. At the start of this craziness, he still seemed almost human. Constantly dispersing and collapsing back again have now left more permanent changes, and his eyes opened to reveal burning coals.

"Cole Kingsly, studio security." He finally informed the fledgling speedster. There was still some loose metal that far more helpful tentacle creature had grabbed for him, which he used to bind the woman.

He looked up, taking note of the gathering of individuals. "Something's happening at the crater. We need to check it out."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Fine

"What in the name of sweet sanity is that?!" exclaims Briar when they see the living mountain of flesh. "Or who were they before this?!" they continue in a horrified tone when they see that it appears to be made out of people all somehow melted together but somehow still conscious. "And oh my god I'm going to be sick."

They take an involuntary step backwards, cup their hands over their mouth and take a number of deep breaths, just managing to keep their stomach under control. "No, no I'm not. Let me just..."

'Oh my god, anything to take my mind off that! Them! I know I have seen worse in horror movies, but that is real!'

And they direct the roiling within them once again, and the pangolin-like scales shrink, becoming smaller and finer as their arms extend into tentacles then split into two additional tentacles which carefully grab the four unharmed-looking bodies at the edge of the mass of flesh and as quickly as they judge possible pass them back to the tentacles extending back to the parking lot, which begin passing them along to join the other casualties off in the parking lot.

--

Shapeshifting Variable: The Savior Sea Anemone v3
+1 Strength (3 total); Selective Burst Area x 4 on Strength 3 (250 feet radius area); Protection - 5; Quickness - 1; Senses - 1 (Radius Vision); Feature: Eyes on Tentacles
DEFENCES: Dodge +2, Parry +2, Fortitude +6, Toughness +11 (Impervious 1), Will +8
OFFENCE: Strength -, Selective Burst Area x 4, Damage 3, Critical 20
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
HP:1 CND: Fatigued(Speed -1)

Derek clasped the now solid man on the shoulder in greeting but gingerly, ready to pull away if the man's odd nature started drawing away his water. He watched as many of his golden ticks started to infuse the man's shoulder at his touch.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 pm"Something's happening at the crater. We need to check it out."
"Weird, hey, can we try something?" he asks and places a hand on the solid carbon shoulder. In an instant, time infused both CK and the speedster. "Now we move." and in the span of a few flaps of a hummingbird's wing, both were over by the others (provided that's where they wanted to go).

"Looks like that worked." he says to CK standing next to the others in a rush of wind. Not even his tiredness was much of an impediment.

"Hey, I'm Derek, this is Cole." he says to the others with a bright smile. Though it fades when he sees the thing sprouting tentacles [Briar]. "Dude, not this again!" he says holding back a bit, but he relaxes seeing that this new tentacled thing wasn't about to attack him. (A decision that he made in mere seconds, indicating that he was thinking at a vastly increased rate too.

He looks into the hole, making sure his GoPro got a shot into it. "Woah!"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally (+1 S/S) | 1 HP | Normal

He blinked, which was all it took for him to be somewhere else. It didn't even feel like anything had happened to him, merely a change of scenery. Was teleportation supposed to feel like anything in particular, actually?

"Yeah. That doesn't look very safe." Cole mutely observed.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker
HP: 1
CND: Fine

The device certainly incorporated a lot of bodies. Maybe it was meant to make horror monsters real for better movies? Andy was certainly scared and would have puked if not for feeling his body settle his stomach as quickly as it was about to expel the bean and cheese burrito he had for breakfast on the go.

"Uh hi...I'm Andy...medic hired for the day...don't suppose you want help getting untangled with these people?", Andy finally managed to get out. He looked at Derek and was about to say something, but while his body seemed to heal quickly his mind not so much.

Finally, Andy is able to find more words, but not many. "You two fast.", gets out Andy completely forgetting proper sentence structure as he briefly looks at Derek and Cole.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second

"I... think you're missing a few words there, Buddy." He finally looks up from the flesh-melded-machine in the crater. "Oh, and I would lose words too in the presence of such loveliness." he takes a few steps toward the tall brunette, giving the tentacle-thing a wide berth. He holds his hand out, "It is a pleasure to meet you."

His smile is charming despite the nearness of the flesh-melded-machine-thing in the hole.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:01 am "Hey, I'm Derek, this is Cole." he says to the others with a bright smile. Though it fades when he sees the thing sprouting tentacles [Briar]. "Dude, not this again!" he says holding back a bit, but he relaxes seeing that this new tentacled thing wasn't about to attack him. (A decision that he made in mere seconds, indicating that he was thinking at a vastly increased rate too.
"Hello, Derek, Cole," says Briar. "Don't worry," they continue in a reassuring tone, though with the top of their head above the bottom of the nose entirely covered by two enormous iridescent compound eyes, their facial expressions are somewhat limited. "I am a friendly tentacle creature. Here to help! Been rescuing people and everything! So I guess there is no question you two have somehow got super-powers out of this horror as well..."

"Hey, aren't you that guy that won a couple of medals in the Olympics a few years ago?" asks Briar, suddenly recognising Derek for who he is.

Seeing if they recognise Derek: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30; +5 for Int, another +5 for Eidetic Memory.
mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:06 am "Uh hi...I'm Andy...medic hired for the day...don't suppose you want help getting untangled with these people?", Andy finally managed to get out. He looked at Derek and was about to say something, but while his body seemed to heal quickly his mind not so much.
"And hello Andy," Briar replies. "Yes, I would be happy to help try and separate them. Though from the look of things that's going to take some pretty gosh-darned serious surgery even if they are mentally intact enough not to object to it. And look there, is some lucky person conscious in there and trying to speak? Also what is that I.N.C. thing sticking out of the top of them? Maybe we should try talking to them before doing anything to them? Get them on side and everything?" they suggest a little dubiously.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally (+1 S/S) | 1 HP | Normal

He glanced towards Derek, yet there was no flash of recognition. It's not that he never watched the Olympics, but he just didn't do so well when it came to celebrity recognition. Barely knew any of current roster for the Rams this year, and he liked football.

Shoulders slumping, he did however remember which one his wife found cute. Not exactly important right now, though. "Don't get too close. It might not be finished consuming people."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
"Hey, aren't you that guy that won a couple of medals in the Olympics a few years ago?" asks Briar, suddenly recognising Derek for who he is.
Although beauty was an over-riding draw to Derek's attention, Fame was also something he starved for. Derek's smile drew wider. He looked over at the tentacle mass, it took him a moment to find and eye to make contact with. "Yes, it was a lot of hard work and we had an amazing team that year." he says with such alacrity that it must have been a standard response. But the gleam in his smile indicates he knows what contribution he made (and it's widely recognized that his times and scores put the team over-the-top that year).
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
HP:1
LCK:6

" That woman over there", she began, pointing at Chelsea, "she's in shock and probably suffered a nervous breakdown. And...she can make metal fly." After all that had happened, it didn't even feel strange uttering that sentence.
But the weirdness was not about to end, she quickly realized as she saw what was in that pit. " Sweet Jesus...."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:56 pm "Don't get too close. It might not be finished consuming people."
"Oh yes indeed! Staying right the heck up here for the moment!" comments Briar.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:28 pm "Yes, it was a lot of hard work and we had an amazing team that year." he says with such alacrity that it must have been a standard response. But the gleam in his smile indicates he knows what contribution he made (and it's widely recognized that his times and scores put the team over-the-top that year).
"I remember! But I remember your contribution as well. Made a difference!"
Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:15 am "she's in shock and probably suffered a nervous breakdown. And...she can make metal fly." After all that had happened, it didn't even feel strange uttering that sentence.
"There's a lot of that going about today!" says the tentacled purple pangolin person with a slightly strained grin, shrugging some of their multitude of tentacles at them in a sort of individual Mexican wave.

Perhaps all this chatter is just them trying to distract themselves from what is in the crater...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

"A lot of folks complain about those in charge without realizing what you sometimes have to do to keep the world turning Butterfly. Let's see how our New Friends handle something similar hm?...."

EPICENTER:
As you watch the....Horror down in the crater surges, it's body looks like it's folding upwards as multiple legs of various sizes and shapes start falling out of the bottom(some not even touching the ground).Add to this monstrosity of a sight multiple arms of various sizes sprouting out of the flesh as again it screams "Ew era TAHW?!"...
To add further issues to this, Chelsea shouts as she head's towards your group "I managed to FINALLY get hold of Emergency services and they'll..." as she catches sight of the newest horror, Chelsea Let's out a terror-filled scream as the Mass suddenly surges upwards...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing in (+1 S/S) | 1 HP | Normal

"Stay back!" Cole shouted. Whether.it was to Chelsea, the creature, or perhaps even both was unclear.

When he leaped into the oncoming path of flesh, he kbew he was going against his own advice. As was one of the very few here right now who were probably strong enough to hold it back, this was what he needed to do. His feet slammed down into the concrete with his immense weight as he threw his arms out wide ready to catch the rampaging tide of flesh.

Strength: 27
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
HP:1
LCK: 6

Linda takes a step back even as she tries to address the abomination, having deciphered what it was saying and trying to mimic the way it seems to try and communicate.
" Truh era uoy. Pleh lliw ew. Era uoy erehw yats esaelp", she responded, nearly stumbling over the words.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second

Derek smiles. He's about to respond to the yet-unnamed mass when two things occurred: The tall woman pointed out yet another damsel possibly in distress and the flesh creature from the pit surged upwards. As soon as Derek *wanted* to respond to both events, the golden ticks, always present on the edge of his perceptions responded. As Derek turned to the pit, a second Derek turned in the direction of the indicated woman.
50/50 chance: 1d100 100 power successfully (and easily) activates.
The first raised his hands in a defensive fighting stance, (more like what a layperson who'd watched too many martial arts movies *thought* a defensive fighting stance looked like), while the second ran toward the Korean woman. There's was a brief moment where they glanced toward each other, first in confusion then with amazed comprehension. A bevy of silent, mental communication seems to pass between the two of them before they return to their tasks. (This all happens in a second or so.)

Derek 1
At the edge of the pit Derek regards the machine-creature-thing. "'Ew era TAHW'....?" he repeats puzzling out the words at super speed. "You are victims." Derek calls back. "We all are." he gestures to his companions and himself. "It's crazy, I know, but we can sort it all out. We just all have to stay calm." he says in soothing tones. "I mean, we're all kindred, we've all been affected by... something, and we're all scared right now. But let's keep level heads, no matter how many we have, and we can get through this."
Persuasion: 1d20+6 8 +10 if some part of it finds him attractive. Others can aid too.
Derek 2
Derek is at Chelsea in moments. "Woah there, Magneta. I'm Derek, and I know this all a shock but we can work this out. We just all have to stay calm." he says at the exact time his other does. Calling up to her. "You work out, right? Ever try yoga or pilates, even running? There's a rhythm to it, amiright? A breathing, slow steady breaths. Just try. Focus. Breathe. You can do it."

"We can get through this."

persuasion: 1d20+6 16, +18 if she finds him Attractive.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.