PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(INTERLUDE:In The Shadow Of Giants)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

"Unless it's as durable as he is it'll wear out as he gets in fights."

Margo otherwise stays quiet. She knows Mr. Chao's words are true but no one wants to be reminded of that.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:58 pm Sipping his tea, Mr.Chao remarks
"Sister, i have learned a lot of thing's in my life. One of the most important is that Money can buy anything, even a person's Silence ..."
"I would hope that even in the world as it stands, that is not the case for everyone, Mr Chao," says Salem, with a slightly aggrieved smile.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

"From my experience it is not.", chimes in Katie with the certainty only someone with a true belief in the goodness of man could muster.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Miles Chance

Miles gives Chao a hard glare. That one hit a bit too close to home.
" Just a question...is that really what you think or are you just trying way too hard to sound like a B-movie Corrupt Corporate Executive type?"
Let's just say Linda had spent a lot of time on tvtropes lately...and things rubbed off.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 am Miles Chance

Miles gives Chao a hard glare. That one hit a bit too close to home.
" Just a question...is that really what you think or are you just trying way too hard to sound like a B-movie Corrupt Corporate Executive type?"
Let's just say Linda had spent a lot of time on tvtropes lately...and things rubbed off.
MR.CHAO

Chao'll look at the Officer with an even,almost unblinking stare as he say's
"Let me ask you a question, Officer Chance: If i paid you four times what you make as a Los Angeles Policeman to be my Bodyguard, would you take it?" holding up a hand, he'll stop Miles from awnsering as he continues "i don't want you to give me an awnser, just to consider this: Your still doing the same job, but for an individual instead of a community. You pay someone four times what their making to continue to do their job but just for you? Well, that amount of money buy's a lot of loyalty."

Standing up, he'll pay for the groups entire meal as he passes Margo his contact information as he say's
"Now if you'll excuse me, i have a Board Meeting i must attend. Ms.Foxten, i'll pass along what i've had Palladium 's R&D come up with in regards to the cloths issues as well as the Security. Please let me know when & where the next meeting will be."
He'll then turn right around and head out the door to his limousine(which just pull's up).
....You all noticed that he never awnserd Miles' question...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

Usually she was much more adept at reading her kids then their parents, but something was niggling at her that this Mr. Chao needed to be watched. She glanced down at her her phone , tapping it to get the lock screen up. "Well, he was pleasant. Hmm... This has been productive, but unless you wanted to talk about anything else Salem, I've some tests I need to get graded."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

Margo takes Mr. Chao's information. She also uses the opportunity to makes sure all the participants have her contact information and she theirs.

At Mrs. Kingly's question she also looks expectantly at their organizer, Salem.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"No, I think that's covered everything I had in mind, and more as well," replies Salem. "Thank you all for coming. Hopefully this is the first step to a positive future for them all, and for us as well!"
MacynSnow

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

Post by MacynSnow »

The nature of Mercy is an intresting concept, Butterfly. It could mean anything from bandaging a friends minor injury to pulling the lifesupport plug on a permanent Coma victim. Just as there are many who appreciate and need Mankind's mercy, there are those who would Abuse and Leverage that same Mercy for ill intent. Let's see what happens when one of these "ill-humors" meets our Heroes ...

SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...
To say this past Month has flown by is kinda like saying John Wayne was into Westerns. After your "Important Other" came from that Korean place(You think it was called "Spring 4-ward"?), they told you what had happened(As well as your "Team Name", which undoubtedly made Chelsea pounty over it briefly.You'd swear she was a Caffeine junkie with that Bubbly, exitable personality...), as well as the "The Support Groups" general plans.So here you are a Month later, sitting in the Palladium Studio Backlot(Specifically the lot where they filmed the SAG nominee "West Side War Stories") and watching as both the CDC and Palladium R&D cover a near all-body Wetsuit with the INC formula.Dr. Bentley is near you guy's talking about it...
"Much as i personally think using this stuff is like planting a bomb on your chest & hoping it doesn't go off, i was outvoted by my superiors. The basic idea is similar to what we found to've happened to the "Copy Boy" you guy's brought to us to help. Unfortunately(or fortunately, depending on your POV), he hasn't woke-up yet so we've no idea how he got submerged in it....Anyway, once Coated the Wetsuit should, IN THEORY, conform to any DNA that's touched to it. Basically making a Suit of Unstable Molecules...And i can't believe that was said outside of a Comic Con."
alamy stock photos
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally | 1 HP | Normal

Cole wasn't quite sure how he felt regarding his wife's apparent 'enthusiasm' when it came to her activities with the others linked to his fellow empowered. He was still to this day soundly relieved that she'd taken his sudden changes in appearance so well in stride, despite all the trouble it's been causing him during his day-to-day life. He still wasn't thrilled about the concept of leaving his home without several articles of clothing, yet bit by bit the inconvenience of it all was wearing him down. Not to mention that his normally friendly neighbors hadn't seen head or hair of him in several weeks now, and were doubtlessly getting very suspicious.

If the issues when it came to social interaction weren't enough, there was the fact his body had become very 'dusty' to put it mildly. His numerous shirts were starting to get these deep black stains that were an utter pain to wash out, and some where even wearing down in particularly embarrassing areas due to his rough skin. Their once soft white and plush carpets were a long-lost cause, with a carpenter scheduled next week to replace everything with hardwood flooring. It was like he'd become some giant house-pet who'd done more to kill their deposit in three weeks then their lifestyle had managed within three years.

At least there were some moments of levity between those darker spots. When his Mary revealed some of the concept pieces sent to her by Margo regarding a full costume, they'd discovered he was somehow more obvious in his fluster then before. No matter how strong his body had become, to show that much skin with such tight-fitting pieces of leather were bound to cause social unrest of an entirely different sort. On the other hand, the name they'd been spit-balling spoke to him in a way. He wondered if he'd managed to actually live up to it's implications.

"Okay." He spoke, not even halfway understanding anything the young woman said. There was a reason he'd accepted to school on a sport scholarship, and he made no attempt to believe otherwise. "What does that mean, then."
------------
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
LCK: 7
HP:1
CND: Fine

Fortunately, Linda still looked the same as before. But not everything had been peachy for her, either. Ever since this whole mess got started, she had been plagued by a certain feeling of restlessness, a desire to put her abilities to use in some way or another. She wasn't sure if it was a side-effect of what had happened to her or just something psychological, a pressing urge to exercise her powers now that she basically had become the thing she'd always wanted to be.

She knew that Miles worried about her, worried about what she might do and so, she was quite glad he was a part of this support group. So far, he was coping. She just hoped he would still cope when he learned about what she was doing in her free time. Patrolling. Kicking the crap out of muggers, robbers, stalkers and other nighttime predators. Sooner or later he would find out, she wasn't harboring any illusions. Sooner or later, someone would see her face clearly.

But she didn't want to think about that moment right now.

" Two things...either a suit that can adapt to your powers so the suit'll survive when they are used or...maybe a way to give powers to someone by having them put on the suit. Not sure about that but it's a possibility."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Jellicle (Briar Logan)
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points: 1
Condition: Fine

Jellicle was a little annoyed at Salem for organising a gathering between themselves and the partners and whatnot of the other people who were caught in the event without mentioning it to them before it was a done deal. But ... after some ... heated discussions ... they could see Salem's point even if they still did not entirely agree with it.

On the other hand they were thankful Salem was still there. Less ... mentally flexible ... people might have run screaming after their roommate gained weird powers in some sort of mad science accident. So there was that!

One thing they had done in the few weeks was think about an 'official' Jellicle costume. After some thought they had settled on a collarless 'Nehru'-style suit, in a swirling pattern, most usually in a brown on brown colour, though of course that was all subject to change at a whim.

They had also been out and about the city. Stopping crime when they came across it, but also just mingling with the people using any number of faces and forms, learning more about their powers and the people they shared a city with, soaking in the languages and culture of the place.

They had considered making approaches to the police to perhaps allow them to assist in investigations. But so far the suspicion of such organisations acquired from their earlier life, and their experiences since then, had kept them at a distance...

--

Away in the distance a bird of prey circles the studio before swooping gracefully down into an alley between two of the studio buildings.

"Good day all!" Jellicle greeted everyone as they ambled nonchalantly out from behind one of the nearby buildings. Today they were in fox-person form, bushy orange tail waving gently behind them. On their head, balanced between their pointed fox ears, they wore a brown swirled top hat matching their suit.

"Have you had any luck tracking down the saboteur, Dr Bentley?" they asked, turning to the scientist.

"So is your suit meant to be worn with the coating on the inside or the outside?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally | 1 HP | Normal

Cole glances at Briar, eyeing the new clothes worn. He himself was still in that same uniform he wore a month prior, nothing else seemed to quite mimic his 'dusting' effect. "Despite you being able to look however you'd like, I find doubt I'd never recognize you."
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Jellicle (Briar Logan)
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points: 1
Condition: Fine

Jellicle gives him a small bow, and a grin, fox tail waving. "Maybe, Cole! Maybe!"
Flynnarrel

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(Session Zero: A Day Of Change)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
HP:2 LP:1 CND: Hunky-dory (More Hunky than Dory)

A sudden breeze announced Split-Second's arrival "Sorry I'm late guys. I was shooting a commercial for Second Helpings, Mac-and-Cheese. 'So good you'll go back for seconds.'" He says, flashing a smile as if for an imaginary camera.

"I got the briefing though... covering a suit so folk like Jellicle and Cole don't have to be naked. he says looking at the clothes that Jellicle fashioned for themselves presumably out of their own 'stuff'. "We still don't know if you'll revert to something 'other' if you're knocked out do we?" he asks the fox-person. "And Cole, I liked the design that was basically the tight cargo pants and a top that was basically a wide 'X' of fabric across your chest but left your shoulders and arms bare. You definitely don't skip arm-day, and it shows, dude."

"I wasn't *trying* to peek but I'm so jealous you guys get to design costumes from the ground-up. I happened to be in a bright purple wetsuit and now I'm stuck with a certain amount of brand recognition." Derek says. "If this works though I definitely have some ideas for upgrades."

"Oh, Linda, have you had further chance to look at that... thing?" he says circumspectly referring to the ray gun he had given her from the 'Copy Boys'. He hadn't shared any of them with the military scientists and he had several stashed around their headquarters.