PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(INTERLUDE:In The Shadow Of Giants)

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

"It is cliche to say, but the Lord works in mysterious ways and doesn't give people more than they can handle. There is nothing unnatural about them, despite some manifestations sounding pretty tough to handle. Each of them will have their own trials and tribulations to go through. From them they will learn something. With guidance and help through good PR, supportive parents, or even being nudged in the right direction they will get through it all.", replies Katie targeting the supportive parent bit at the businessman. "I for one know I will be keeping them in my prayers. where they believe in the power of prayer or not.", adds the nun.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo
Tony Jones wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm "...I'm sure a good publicist could come up with something?" Salem finishes, looking at Margo.
"Yes, Mrs. Kingsly, I already have some ideas on ways to introduce him to the public, costume and name choices, if your husband wants to go that route, and oher tips to minimize the affects on your lives and... the school you work at." Margo says, venturing a guess based on what she surmised earlier.

"And Mr. Chao, I'm sure you and the lovely Ni-Yaun got more than you bargained for when you snapped up this studio to turn a profit before 'selling' it to a family member to run it into the ground again. That'll be your... third just this year, won't it?" she asks, not expecting an answer. "In any case, I'm sure your company can milk the PR in just the right ways."

"As a mother of a lovely daughter myself I'm sure you're immune to any advice others will give you so I'll not waste my breath."
Margo says in her customary no-nonsense tone. "Just if you could turn down the douche-ness by a few notches, that'd be good. And it'd even do wonders for your relationship at home."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

She giggles liightly, hand over her mouth. "Please don't tell me you're thinking of putting him in spandex..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Leather, definitely leather." the older lady says with a grin to make a nun blush.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

"Now that I can get behind." She commented with a grin. In a great many ways in fact.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

"I've heard of the wonders of leather from some of the people who frequent the church.", says Katie coyly. She was a nun, not dead. "They might wear spandex as long as it isn't yellow, maybe. That and they don't need to live in a mansion.", adds Katie. "Does the CDC of this initiative have a name for the group yet? You know, for PR purposes?", inquires Katie as a follow up.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

"I haven't heard one." she says.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Mr.Chao
Giving Margo a look, Mr. Chao'll say
"Some people are just not suited to run a business Ms.Foxten. All i'm guilty of is trusting Family i shouldn't..."
Taking a sip of his herbal tea, he'll comment
"i think Chelsea wanted to use the name of the building my wife bought up in that Estate auction last month...The Elite, i believe. So how would this 'Support Group' be organized Mr.Remington? I assume you have something in mind."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"The same as other support groups, Mr Chao. It would be a regular meeting - maybe once a week? - where we - as people in the same sort of situation - can come together to offer each other support and encouragement. And it would also give us someone to talk to - and maybe ask for help - between times in case we needed it. I think things are a bit too new to know where to go beyond that, but that should be a foundation we can build on."

"Most importantly I think it lets us all know we are not alone in this, and to give each other a group of people 'in the know' who we can talk to about these things without revealing it to the world as a whole. Give us something we can cling to if things get rough. Though I hope they will not!"

"We are all close to a person with powers, which is something no one else has ever had to cope with before. I don't know about you guys, but for me it is worrying at least. Being able to talk about it, get support, and maybe get some help from other people in the same sort of situation is probably good for everyone. Certainly better than trying to cope alone!"

OOC: Salem knows much more about these things than Tony does, so assume they know what they are talking about. Also they are doing his best to be persuasive as to the need for, and the good of, setting up something like this! Their Routine Persuasion check is 15.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:57 am "i think Chelsea wanted to use the name of the building my wife bought up in that Estate auction last month...The Elite,...."
"Yeah... not sure that's the best name if we're worried about humility levels of the individuals involved." she quips. "If they're up for it, I can get a focus group together to bounce name ideas off. But I'm not going to butt in."

"Once a week seems... aggressive. We aren't trying to keep each other from a vice. We can exchange numbers if something comes up. Maybe fortnightly, that's once every two weeks, but transitioning to once a month as we fall into routines. And know that every time we gather is an opportunity for a villain to get us all and exert power over the Enhanced people in our lives or extract a vengeance against them by hurting us in one fell swoop. So, factor that into your thinking and decisions about this group going forward." Margo warns.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

Katie smiles and gives a little laugh at the name of the initiative. "Could have had a worse name than The Elite like New Gods or worse Overlords. ", quips Katie.

When Margo mentions vengeance, Katie's smile falters. "The ordinary people and loved ones are usually a powerful persons weak spot. It wouldn't be the first time someone with evil intentions goes after the ones important in a powerful persons life instead of the powerful person directly. As their fame grows, especially with expert PR, their lives and those involved with them will be scrutinized. It is a test we will also need to bear for the betterment of humanity and the Lords will.", remarks Katie.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

"What, no 'Fabulous Five?'" She asks with giggle. "Every other week would be more ideal right now. If I know my Cole, he'd probably do whatever he could to ensure both my along with all of yours. How exactly he aims to do that remains to be seen. Maybe that's something we could consider ourselves."
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:30 pm "Once a week seems... aggressive. We aren't trying to keep each other from a vice. We can exchange numbers if something comes up. Maybe fortnightly, that's once every two weeks, but transitioning to once a month as we fall into routines. And know that every time we gather is an opportunity for a villain to get us all and exert power over the Enhanced people in our lives or extract a vengeance against them by hurting us in one fell swoop. So, factor that into your thinking and decisions about this group going forward." Margo warns.
"That's fair," nods Salem consideringly. "Once a week might be a bit often when you put it like that! I suppose as long as we have each others details in case we need them we should be OK..."

"As for the other thing, I guess we just need to be careful? Not always meet in the same place at the same time?"
mrdent12 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:03 am "... As their fame grows, especially with expert PR, their lives and those involved with them will be scrutinized. It is a test we will also need to bear for the betterment of humanity and the Lords will.", remarks Katie.
"I'd very much prefer to keep my name out of this if I can," they comment seriously. "Provide help and support from behind the scenes if it is needed. Not that I've got anything to hide, but privacy is important..."
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:36 pm "What, no 'Fabulous Five?'" She asks with giggle.
"As long as nobody starts confusing them with the Beatles!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

Margo shakes her head. "Nothing with a number. It precludes new members from joining as easily and things get muddled when Derek can create another of himself. Plus you get those people who'll say 'Wasn't this crisis worth all FIVE of you, why did only 3 show up?'" she says smoothly.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

"What about..." She taps a finger to her lips in mock contemplation, "The Paladins? Like a reference to Palladium Studios where it all happened."
------------