[IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by MacynSnow »

Trouble wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:46 am "I think I begin to dislike that person," says Trouble, rubbing the cut on her shoulder.
Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND- 1 Bruise INITIATIVE-+5 MODE-Transport

"It's not just you alone that begin's to dislike Talante..." Wissen replies through the comm lines as he see's to Troble's injury. He'll whisper aloud to Yenova
"Yes, her hearing is rather good.We need to keep moving for Hospital, as it's still our best option to meet up with Basilea. Miss Najobe, if you'd be so kind...."
The young Uplifted will re-form the Bridge in the direction their Guide/Ally points and they'll (Hopefully) continue on their way
OOC:i Wouldn't think i need to roll on that Routine Treatment would i? I mean, it's already a 12 with my Intelligence added to it...
Davies

Post by Davies »

No need to roll, no need to use Treatment. Trouble used Recovery as her Standard action
Even as you look at it, the cut is quickly disappearing. As this occurs, Najobe has crawled over to the far corner of the roof. "One more intersection, and we should be in line of sight of the hospital," she reports. "But this is a well-patrolled area, and one that -- everyone down, now." Even as she says this, she's backing up to gently prevent Pok' from taking another good long look at what's happening. The rest of you see a small flying platform, with three Hesperans aboard it, passing through the intersection.
Stealth checks, everyone. Except for the Praxis, who can just use Concealment.

Najobe's Stealth Check 1d20+8 =21
Trouble's Stealth Check 1d20+11=23

Pok' gets +5 circumstance bonus to her Stealth check, against DC 15
Last edited by Davies on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 2
CND:

If anyone looks, Yenova is lying flat on the roof without any indication of having actually moved.
Stealthin': 1d20+9 27
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' did not move, or make a sound. Unfortunately, though, she was made of rock- and while most of the local architecture was made of stone, it was a somewhat different-colored type of stone. To a sharp-eyed observer, there might be enough difference to draw the eye...

>OOC: Stealth DC 15, 1d20+2= 11, roll https://orokos.com/roll/881105 . With the +5 circumstance bonus, that should be a 16, just barely a success...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine INIT-+5 MODE-Transport

It could be argued that, if they weren't on the platform, the Hesperans would've missed him. Unfortunately, they were and they probably didn't. ..
OOC:welp, here we go .....
Stealth check:11+1=12--Nice average roll. To bad it failed by 3...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Vision gains Detect Radiation, Detect Health Status, Detect Temporal Energy, Analytical,
Danger Sense

At the call for stealth Trent just glances over at his First Officer. The blue-skinned woman enters the commands.

As the platform crests the buildings The Praxis systems try to initiate a digital handshake with the platforms systems.
Free action-Concealment, Standard action, try to communicate with The platform.

init: 1d20+4 13
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Praxis: You get a response! There's some sort of computer system on the thing, though it's very unusual -- even by the standards of strangeness that you've gotten used to dealing with, in this universe. You can certainly try to seize control of it but --

All: One of the Hesperans on the platform starts at the sight of Wissen's form, and starts to raise her voice.
Roll for initiative, please.

Hesperan's Initiative 1d20 +7 = 21

If you beat that, you can take action before her. Note that she is Vulnerable (Dodge DC 13) to everyone except Wissen, and the other two Hesperans are Vulnerable (Dodge DC 13) to all of you. However, the low-tech computer on their platform makes checks to interface with it happen at -2.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:33 am All: One of the Hesperans on the platform starts at the sight of Wissen's form, and starts to raise her voice.
Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE-Transport INIT.#--(7)

Narrowing his eyes, the Young Scientist say's through the comm link
"This is starting to Annoy me. Let me try something..."
Aloud, the Young Rebel states(in Perfect Hesperan thank's to the translator)
"Good Evening. Please escuse me, as i'm just passing through and mean no harm...."
OOC:since i'm the only one that got spotted, let's try some Diplomacy here(my Initiative roll is at the top and it's Horrible)....
Persuasion attempt: 13+11=24---if nothing else, it should pause 'em long enough for the others to do something...
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: Meaning harm

Before anyone can say a word, Yenova snaps her fingers and pink light arcs from her hand to the flying platform. There's no hesitation whatsoever. Maybe some part of her Dark Side military training kicked in.
Initiative: 1d20+9 29
Mechanical Breakdown: 1d20+9 20
Nullify 9 on their flying platform.
Power check: 1d20+9 19
Power check, if needed.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Before the Hesperan on the platform can say anything, before Wissen and the Praxis can interfere, Yenova causes the flying platform's lifting mechanism to break down, dropping it -- and all three of its passengers -- onto the stone road below. None of them even have time to scream before they strike bottom with a mingled clang and crunching noises.

In the silence that follows, Trouble quietly says, "Interesting choice. Well. We are on our way to a hospital, so I think we all know what our next move should be, right?"
The platform resists with its Flight power, rank 3.

Flight 1d20 +3 = 13] Failure.

The platform's flight is nullified, and they drop. I'm just going to arbitrarily declare them Incapacitated by the fall.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
Scanners: Vision gains Detect Radiation, Detect Health Status, Detect Temporal Energy, Analytical,
Danger Sense

With their scanners still configured for life readouts, Trent reviews the report on the Hesperans. He orders a retrieval even before Trouble reminded them of a hero's duty.

The Praxis appears as it descends to partway down the building. It's tractor beam engages and the three still figures rise from the wreckage. It lifts them up and reels them closer.

"If you still need assistance, Pok, I believe our Beam can still accommodate your mass. Just say so. We're bring these three for medical assistance." Trent's tinny voice informs the others.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Praxis wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 pm "If you still need assistance, Pok, I believe our Beam can still accommodate your mass. Just say so. We're bring these three for medical assistance." Trent's tinny voice informs the others.
Wissen( Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE-Transport

Taking out his scanner, Wissen will make certain as to their health as he say's
"Agreed. We need to move before that platform is missed, nicely done Yenova.Miss Najobe, if you'd be so kind as to lead the way?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' looked down at the wreckage of the platform and shook her head sadly. Then she turned back to the Praxis and spoke in her slow rumbling voice. "I would still appreciate your help in making the last few crossings. I am sorry for being such a burden."

>OOC: Sorry about the late reply- work kind of sucked today.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
Danger Sense

The three incapacitated Hesperans drift next to Pok just until she can be looped in to the Beam and the mass of buddies are towed in the direction of the hospital.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: Surprised

"Wow-ee," Yenova says. "I actually didn't mess that up!"