[IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Davies

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by Davies »

The attacking Hesperans can be divided into three smaller groups -- well, four now, as one of them makes the tactical withdrawal while lone remaining fellow shouts imprecations of cowardice at her retreat before turning that fury on Pok'. The group with the largest number, who were shouting 'Up Talante' while fighting the others, coordinate their strikes as they stab their short swords into Trouble. She isn't looking in your direction, so you can't see her face, but it's probably not pleasant to have three swords shoved into your torso from three different directions.

Of the other Hesperans, two start spearing Wissen's giant mech-suit with cries of, "For Nzarde!" Only one of them strikes a telling blow, with the other just poking at parts of it that don't transmit any pain signatures. The last silently swings mightily at Pok', but does so in a way that easily telegraphs the attack, so that Pok' can get out of the way without any trouble. This one is clearly angry, but that anger isn't really at any of you -- though she'll accept you as convenient scapegoats.
Count 6: One of the Hesperans flees the scene, leaving six. Three of those make a Team Attack on Trouble, using Teamwork.
Attack Roll 1d20+8+5 = 27, 19, 20. Two hit, forcing Trouble to make a DC 25 Toughness save. Toughness check 1d20+11=12. Trouble is Dazed and Injured.
Two of the Hesperans attack Wissen, but don't make a Team Attack. Attack Roll 1d20+8=18, 9. One hits, Wissen must make a DC 23 Toughness check with his enhanced Toughness +15.
One attacks Pok', and makes a +3/-3 Power Attack. 1d20+8-3=10. That's a miss.

--END ROUND ONE--
--START ROUND TWO--

Count 34: Unseen Observer continues to Observe.
Count 26: Yenova's action?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: All-Out Attack, defenses -2

Yenova leans forward carefully. She holds her hand like a pistol and squints... and crackle! Another spark of pink light shoots from her fingertip down at one of the Hesperans attacking Trouble.
OOC: Same as before, 2-point AOA: 1d20+11 24
DC 19 Will save, Impaired/Vulnerable, Disabled/Defenseless.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-1 CND-Fine INIT-+ 5

Wissen catch's the Damage on "his" Right joint, but quickly plants thicked cables to reinforce it. Normally, the young Uplifted would be content to try Peaceful Speech, but seeing his technological Cousin stabbed kinda put a stop to that. He marked the three that stabbed her on his HUD. They would be his targets later, his family needed him first....
OOC:Toughness save...
Toughness save:9+15=24 just got one over, so nothing.
On my turn: Move Action to get to Trouble-Pick her up- Use Extra Effort to Roll Treatment to see if "i" can't help her.
All that possible or am i just blowing smoke?
In case i can....
Treatment check:4+12=16
Good roll, would've liked it higher, but i take what i get.....
Davies

Post by Davies »

The ray of pink light pierces one of the Hesperans, specifically the one who has a sword in Trouble's lower abdomen. She rolls back in confusion, leaving her wide-open for a forthcoming elbow strike.
Hesperan Will Save 1d20+7=12 The Hesperan becomes Disabled and Defenseless.

Count 22: Pok'?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Vision gains Radius, Extended, Counters Invisibility,
init: 1d20+4 15
Trent watched as Wissen turned his back on his 2 opponents to interfere in Trouble's fight to treat a minor wound on the hero. An action that would surely earn the synth a tongue-lashing from the experienced hero. In the meantime, the Praxis could try to mitigate the fallout of that decision.
Trent steps out of the projection booth to make room for another.

In front of the 2 Wissen-opponents, hopefully before they can join Trouble's 3, the image of a 6-ft tall, blue-skinned statuesque warrioress, with frizzy hair appears in a cloud of smoke. "Come on!" she says, banging twin short swords together with a clang and sparks. She dances from one foot to the other lightly.

First Mate - Commander Tressa, Devlonian, efficient, unsmiling, she/her
Holograms, DC17 investigation to see through if given cause.
The image will dodge from blows when possible. [maybe DC17 to hit, which will reveal the illusion immediately]
I don't think this ruse will last long unless both opponents roll very poorly, but it least it may distract them from immediately engaging.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

As one of the Hesperans engaged her in combat, Pok' slid, almost reflexively, into a stance not too different from that of an Earthly boxer. When the attack came in, Pok' caught it on the outside of one arm, pushing the blow gently aside. A moment later, her other hand shot forward in a quick snapping jab- taking her opponent's measure.

MAybe she had forgotten that she was still standing in the loose rubble stirred up by her landing, maybe she still wasn't quite used to this Earth gravity, maybe her opponent was just far more nimble than she was expecting. Whatever the cause, her jab caught only air- and it looked kind of pathetic. Maybe it was a ruse, trying to lure her opponent in closer- yeah, that's it.

>OOC: Pok' responds with an unarmed melee attack, using Accurate Attack for +2/-2; 1d20+8= 9, roll https://orokos.com/roll/876855 .Okay, that is just sad. Not even going to bother trying to reroll- I'd probably waste that too. Better luck next round.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Pursued by the two Hesperans who tried to attack him, Wissen strides across the street to pick up Trouble and begin performing medical assistance. While clearly startled by this, Trouble doesn't waste precious seconds commenting on the situation, but twists in Wissen's hand (and he can feel her technology shifting beneath her skin as she does so) to hold her left hand out, so that a burst of force can leap forth from her palm to target the Hesperan whom Yenova targeted with her Chaos Casualty. The blast knocks the target backwards into the side of the nearest building, and she goes down fast.

Meanwhile, the two Hesperans who were pursuing Wissen quickly discover the illusory nature of the holograms that have interrupted their pursuit, but those who were attacking Trouble are fully able to direct their coordinated assault against Wissen, and drive their swords into painful areas of his legs. And in much the same way as Pok', the Hesperan fighting her is convinced that she is also trying to draw Pok' into a clever trap through her apparent inability to hit anything.
Count 22: Yeah, that's a miss.
Count 15: Wissen gets a Hero Point for his new complication, Obnoxiously Overprotective. His Treatment check is good enough to remove Trouble's Dazed condition, but removing her Injured condition will take more time than a standard action allows.
Count 15 (Cont'd): The Praxis' holograms appear.
Count 7: Trouble shifts her configuration to her Blaster mode, and makes a +3/-3 Power Attack with her Blaster against the Defenseless Hesperan. Attack Roll 1d20+11-3 = 11. A successful attack against a Defenseless character is an automatic Critical, so that's a total DC of 34. Toughness 1d20+6=7. The Hesperan is Incapacitated.
Count 6: The two Hesperans who were attacking Wissen waste their attacks on the Illusions. Attack Rolls 1d20+8= 19, 18. The two Hesperans who were attacking Trouble make a Team Attack against Wissen. Attack Roll 1d20+8+5= 22, 30. Both hit, provoking a DC 25 Toughness save from Wissen. The last Hesperan standing attacks Pok'. Attack Roll 1d20+8 = 10 That's a miss.

==END ROUND TWO ==
==START ROUND THREE==

Count 34: The unseen observer moves closer. The Praxis and Yenova (only) can make a DC 21 Perception check to notice them doing so.
Count 26: Yenova's action.

DC 21 Perception check results
Spoiler
The unseen observer is a young woman with blue hair and pale skin, dressed in a somewhat eccentric manner, carrying a variety of high-tech weapons, who is now in a good position to observe the fighting in the street directly rather than through binoculars, which dangle around her neck. When you see her, she sees you. And waves in a friendly manner.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: All-Out Attack 2, -2 to defenses

"Um, Wissen?" Yenova calls out to the giant mech-suit. "What are you doing, Wissen?" She moves her hands like a conductor, and the pink light arcs to the Hesperan fighting Pok'. If there's anything else going on outside of the fight, she's a bit too preoccupied to notice it.
Davies

Post by Davies »

The pink bolt sweeps down to strike the Hesperan who's ... sort of ... fighting with Pok'. She manages to shake off its effects, but, from the look on her face, doing so took a lot out of her. She looks like someone who doesn't really want to be here or to be doing this.
Count 26: That hits, for a DC 19 Will save. Will Resistance 1d20+7 No effect.

Count 22: Action by Pok'?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Vision gains Radius, Extended, Counters Invisibility,
Commander Tressa stepped out of the holoprojection booth, more content than Trent had ever seen his First Officer. Clearly the opportunity to pull her ceremonial swords off her wall and shout at people agreed with her.
The atmosphere on the bridge was such that no one was playing as close attention to all sectors of the viewing radius.
The Praxis tries to tractor one of the combatants and the lock was lost in the chaos of the melee.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Shifting her footing, just a bit, Pok' snapped out another quick jab.

>OOC: Let's try that again. Melee attack, Accurate 2; 1d20+8= 16, roll https://orokos.com/roll/876951 That looks like a maybe. If it hits, DC 25 Toughness, and try to start a grapple. DC 20 vs. STR or Dodge to resist the grab.
Davies

Post by Davies »

The Hesperan barely jerks back out of the way of the jab, sword increasingly unsteady.
Count 22: Nope, 2 points short of her Parry. Sorry.

Count 15: Wissen's action?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND- Bruised

"Seeing to my Cousin's injury somewhat.Please try to be more careful as you are the only family i have at the moment."
The young uplifted said as he rerouted some of the system to compensate for the damage. Placing his Cousin back on the ground, he swat's at the Hesperians around them...
OOC: Toughness save...Toughness save:9+15=24 just missed, so that's 1 bruise?
Use that HP to buy off Fatigue and then take a swing at some Hesperans...
Unarmed attack:10+4=14 missed
Davies

Post by Davies »

Trouble's circuitry is shifting again as she slides out of Wissen's hand, becoming almost apparent in familiar-looking patterns of circuitry on the surface of her skin. "We will discuss that later," she says, and then lashes out with a high kick at the first soldier she'd attacked, who manages to soak up the effects of the blow. The soldier responds with a slash across Trouble's midsection that is easily avoided, while her partner -- and the two who were engaged with the holograms a moment earlier -- land more telling blows against Wissen. (They exchange confused glances as they realize that they are fighting alongside those they were fighting against a short while ago, but there's no time to discuss the irony.)

Nor does the Hesperan engaged in melee with Pok' realize the irony of what happens as she cries, "Long live Sharana!" while slamming her sword down on Pok's shoulder. Unlike the sword used by the Corsair, in that fight that seems so long ago, hers doesn't break.
Correct, you are now at -1 to Toughness.

Count 7: Trouble shifts to her Martial configuration and makes an attack on the Staggered Hesperan Soldier. Attack Roll 1d20 + 18 = 26 Hits for a DC 19 Toughness save at -1. Troughness Check 1d20 +8 -1 = 25 No effect.

Count 6: The Staggered soldier counterattacks Trouble; Attack Roll 1d20 +8 = 16; not high enough for her total Defense of 26. Her partner attacks Wissen. Attack Roll 1d20 +8 = 23; that hits for a DC 23 Toughness save. Two others close with Wissen and attack him in a non-coordinated way. Attack Roll 1d20 +8 = 23, 25; two more DC 23 Toughness saves. The last remaining Hesperan Soldier makes a +3/-3 Power Attack against Pok'. Attack Roll 1d20 +8 -3 = 18. That hits; Pok' must make a DC 26 Toughness save.

== END ROUND THREE ==
== START ROUND FOUR ==

Count 34: The unseen observer continues to observe.

Count 26: Yenova's action?
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: All-out attack, -2 to defenses

Yenova's brow twists. Wissen turns into a giant robot--somehow--and he's more interested in fawning over his "cousin" than stepping on people. The Praxis has guns, or something like them, but after the fiasco with the Corsair it--they--suddenly don't want to use them anymore. Everyone's being so... nice.

She jumps off the rooftop, lands on Wissen's giant shoulder, and runs down his arm. She drops on one of the Hesperans stabbing his legs and stomps on her chest.
OOC: Vital Breakdown, 2-point all-out attack: 1d20+11 31
Yikes! That's a DC 29 Toughness save, and a DC 29 Fortitude save the next round.