Justice League Reserves (OOC Talk, Rolls, other nonsense)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: Justice League Reserves (OOC Talk, Rolls, other nonsense)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Miracle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:46 pm I do certainly see the ease of it. The only thing it doesn't do is erase ability score damage, staggered, disabled, unconscious*, and resurrection*. Then again, I can see those being less a problem in 3e(?).

*to be honest these shouldn't have been options in the first place :mrgreen:
Yeah, in general most of those are less problematic in 3e. Ability score damage usually heals on its own, sooner or later (unless Incurable), and some people house rule the Restorative extra for Healing as a Regeneration extra. Staggered, disabled, and Unconscious (which in 3e is just a type of Incapacitated) would regen after all the Toughness penalties. Instead of Regeneration with Resurrection, just use Immortality.

It really is so much simpler (and cheaper) than 2e Regeneration (but in 3e, higher levels of Regeneration are often 'Watch List powers anyway).
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I do wish 3e had the time chart adjustment extra for stuff like weaken.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

The closest 3e has to a Reflex save is Dodge/Parry. Which is really just defense against ranged and melee.

Shark is a high roller, but Steadfast draws the first blow!
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Arkrite, I apologize for the nonresponse. Also, if it weren't for me superfailing, I would have given you a HP. Because that scene would have looked awesome on page/screen.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Infiltration Team, please sound off. I don't want it to seem like i'm ignoring you guys.

Edit: two minutes after I get a post. Doh!
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Marlyssa still there. Safely hiding in a tree for the moment, looking about to see what's going on.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Prof Weird wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am Marlyssa still there. Safely hiding in a tree for the moment, looking about to see what's going on.
Ye oweth me yon Sense Motive roll :mrgreen:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Miracle wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 pm Arkrite, I apologize for the nonresponse. Also, if it weren't for me superfailing, I would have given you a HP. Because that scene would have looked awesome on page/screen.
I just assumed it was in character. Killer Croc from the old cartoons would probably have been the sort to just stare at the crazy weirdo he'd be stuck fighting ;~)

Also: Wow! +16 toughness? Croc is one tough baddie.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

16 Toughness and Impervious Protection 8 AND Regeneration 5.

These are Killer Croc's official 3e stats. I think the builder overestimated. Thus I was happy to knock Croc out for a few rounds.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, I believe the issue was that Batman was built very powerful so he could hang with the rest of the Justice League.
The result is that the street level baddies wind up feeling more like some serious world class threats.

Apparently there was a lot of meddling from DC when they were building the characters.
My approach would have been to build a PL8 Batman for the Batman The Animated Series, and a PL 11 for the Justice League series.

But that's the fun part: everybody has their own take how how Batman and his cast should be built! ;~)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:55 am (ooc: do we know what is outside the building in the direction I am sensing the influence?)
I mean, Salvo is out there, if you have a commlink to him.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:52 am Yeah, I believe the issue was that Batman was built very powerful so he could hang with the rest of the Justice League.
The result is that the street level baddies wind up feeling more like some serious world class threats.

Apparently there was a lot of meddling from DC when they were building the characters.
My approach would have been to build a PL8 Batman for the Batman The Animated Series, and a PL 11 for the Justice League series.

But that's the fun part: everybody has their own take how how Batman and his cast should be built! ;~)
Yeah, before i just copped to using the official builds, I was looking for the Ronin Arm/Atomic Think Tank Roll Call forums. Several good second edition builders were there. But that don't exist anymore. And using the Wayback Machine is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Miracle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:07 am
Prof Weird wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am Marlyssa still there. Safely hiding in a tree for the moment, looking about to see what's going on.
I sayeth to ye :
I made that roll already. Page 10, 3/28/2021. Total was a 17.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Prof Weird wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:38 am
Miracle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:07 am
I sayeth to ye :
I made that roll already. Page 10, 3/28/2021. Total was a 17.

Well then. I apologize. Answer coming soon!
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Infiltration Team, Marlyssa Xenos
Will check: 1d20+7 12
That does not bode well. But, then again, NONE of the rolls I've made so far have - not sure if I'm rolling a d20 or a d6 sometimes ... ;)