The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Oh, damn...forgot him...he's at 12.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So I posted a generic idea of something that could pop up in the Merge Universe over in my character thread, based on the current plot information and adjusting for the way that the House Rules have generally been applied. I ignored the notion that as NPCs, they wouldn't be restricted in PP total.

:arrow: PL 16 - 20.
:arrow: I use 18 as the benchmark with 270 PP.
:arrow: Trading up to PL 19 is 255 PP, PL 20 240 PP.
:arrow: Trading down to PL 17 is 285 PP, PL 16 300 PP
:arrow: Skills 3:1 ratio.
:arrow: Bonus social advantage per Rank of Presence. Negative presence only nets 1 pt per negative rank.

The character I posted is essentially a killing machine and fairly one note. If you wanted to give personality to such a monstrosity, I don't suppose it would be that difficult given the sheer number of points available. Iron Man 3 Extremis agents at PL 17 for instance.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Image Image

Morgan Koral
PL6/120 PP

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 2,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 0,
Awareness 1,
Presence 1

Powers
Pyschokinetic Powers: (24 points)
Move Object 9 [Precise, Dynamic]
Alt: Force Push: Move Object 6 [On successful hit, target must make Strength Check (or Move Object check) or be flung back distance equal to effect rank – their mass; Damaging, Perception; Limited to Pushing Targets Away; Dynamic]
Dyn: Force Leap: Flight 3 [Must Land each Move Action (Instant Duration); Dynamic, Speed 4]
Alt: Force Weaken: Weaken 9 [(Toughness); Concentration; Lightsaber requierd; Incurable, Linked to Lightsaber]
Telepathic Powers: (21 points)
Mind Trick: Affliction 8 [(Resisted and Overcome by Will) – Compelled, Controlled; Cumulative, Perception Range; Limited Degree, Sense Dependent (Voice)]
Alt: Force Senses: Variable 2 [Ranged Detect Life (extended x2), Ranged Detect Force User (extended x2); Force Awareness, Spatial Awareness (Accurate, Radius, Ranged Mental Sense); Danger Sense, Post-cognition; Dynamic]
Dyn: Telepathy: Communication 3 [Dynamic]
Alt: Mind Reading 8
Alt: Control Technology: Affliction 9 [Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude (Controlled); Cumulative, Ranged, Affects Object Only; Limited to Third Degree Only, Limited to Technology; Dynamic, Interface (Comprehend Machines)]
Jedi Gear: (6 points)
Double Bladed Lightsaber: Damage 5 [Strength Based; Restricted to Those Trained, Split, Reach, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Smash, Weapon Break), Easily Removable (-4)]
Nanotech Suit: (12 points)
Removable (-3 points)
Guard's Mask: Senses 5 [HUD, Distance Sense, Infravision, Darkvision, Time Sense, Communication Link; Immunity (Visual Dazzle) (Activation)],
Quick Change: Feature 2 [Any clothing or armor in database],
Nanotech Armor: Protection 4

Equipment

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
Assessment,
Defensive Attack
, Improved Defense,
Improved Disarm,
Weapon Break,
Improved Initiative 1,
Power Attack,
Improved Smash,
Hide in Plain Sight,
Interpose

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+4),
Athletics 2 (+4),
Close Combat: Lightsaber 2 (+5),
Deception 4 (+5),
Expertise: Current Events 2 (+2),
Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+3),
Expertise: Police Officer 2 (+2),
Insight 4 (+5),
Intimidation 2 (+3),
Investigation 6 (+6),
Perception 4 (+5),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Pistols 4 (+4),
Sleight of Hand 6 (+6),
Stealth 10 (+11),
Technology 4 (+4),
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Offense
Initiative +5
Lightsaber +5, Damage 7
Unarmed +3, Damage 2
Force Push +0, Damage 7

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 6
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 5,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 63 + Advantages 8 + Skills 20 + Defenses 16 = Total 127

Complications
Responsibility (The Dark Side)- The Dark Side is dangerously-close for all Jedi. Using Dark Side-like powers (like strangling someone with The Force, or crushing them internally), killing defeated foes or otherwise killing needlessly, and even using All-Out or Power Attack too often can lead the Jedi down a dark path. The Dark Side is "quicker, EASIER- more seductive," and the temporary boost of power can easily tempt one. Excessive use of the Dark Side will twist one's spirit, and mangle their body.
Responsibility (The Jedi Order)- Jedi are under numerous rules (never falling in love, stuff like that), and their mission is to keep peace and order throughout the galaxy.
Responsibility (Anonymous Sentinel) – Having taken the role of Temple Guard pre-Merge, he's supposed to be a faceless and anonymous representation of security provided to and for Jedi and important Jedi locations.

Design Notes
:arrow: Ever since the original interest check for the Merge, I've wanted to play a Jedi. Someone always calls it first, whether or not they make it into the game so I let it slide. I've designed Satele Shan, Asoka Tano and helped design Kar'Anna Mareneth. I hemmed and hawed about a lesser known Jedi but decided to create a native born character.
:arrow: PL 7/ 105, traded down for extra PP. Skills 3/4/ Social Advantage per rank of Presence, +3 PP earned so far.
:arrow: He has Variable Senses. Although not flawed, the power is essentially any mental sense. He can also enhance his Perception and Insight with it. I listed the most common Senses that he manifests.
:arrow: I did not take Deflect. In reading the power again, I've come to the conclusion that the Deflect we see in the movies is essentially the Defend Action. Reflecting can be a different power - a reaction to successfully parrying, limited/ requires reflectable attack
:arrow: for the Lightsaber, I went with Weaken instead of Penetrating. I also put the weaken in his Force Array, making the "true power" of a Lightsaber linked to the power of the wielder.
:arrow: his armor is Jedi Temple Guard armor, covered by a trench coat. I would imagine that in his current role, the armour is actually darker - as in almost black - instead of the stark (and very noticeable) white.
:idea: update 20/09/2018 - I rearranged some skills and advantages to take the equipment and turn it into a device. Essentially it can become any clothing he wants - from his Temple Guard uniform to Sith Armor or anything else.

Background
:arrow: Jonathon Trevor Gable operates under the callsign Galahad. Although he rarely uses his middle name, it's an interesting coincidence (from an in-universe perspective, obviously I did it on purpose, that his initial are JTG - Jedi Temple Guard.
:arrow: Pre-Merge, he was a cop and Star Wars enthusiast, and participated in lightsaber mock duels and was at one point part of the 501st Legion. When the Merge happened, he found himself drawn to Australia where he became a temple guard after developing Force Abilities. Present during an attack by Imperial Forces, he survived and was rescued by Satele Shan. He traveled with her for several months when they both found themselves working with the DXDO. Eventually, perhaps temporally, they've gone their seperate ways, with Galahad operating with squads more directly involved in research and investigation.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Will you be going down to one character or are you sticking with two?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I'd like to go down to one to be honest.

I picked up Hannibal to keep our party at four, hoping Starguard would return.

Since we're at a chapter change, I think it would be a great time to get some fresh blood to replace that fourth. Depending on what Neo thinks of course.

(Playing two characters in the same game is not as much fun as you would think - every time I post one helping the other I rethink to make sure I'm not metagaming and helping myself as opposed to the characters advancing the story or helping the group.)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I like him. We're good to go :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

And is Hannibal also being reassigned? Can you run with three?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Up to you.

I can keep Hannibal as a fourth. Would prefer another player, but these two characters are different enough that it should be okay.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Would it be okay to develop Aislynn into an Avatar type character? Air, Earth, Fire and Water? It'd happen gradually.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Sure thing :)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Who else is tempted to make a Newman joke?

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So, bladewind, do you want to stop playing two characters?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

kinda.

Hannibal is not mine, and prolly wouldn`t have been a choice I'd have made. Do we have a PLAYER to replace him with? (Could then take or not take Hannibal or another character).

Or, as Neo asked, are we good with going forward the three of us?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

The problem is retention I think. We don't need players flaking out after only a short while.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

OKay, I'm confused, Bladewind, are you keeping with two characters or not? Neo, can you run with three or not? Are you re-opening recruitment? I feel like we are paused until things like that are decided.

Am I wrong?