The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thanks for the second look.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Bladewind wrote:Tracer
:arrow: The Anchored in the Present power, does that also mean she'd know the real timeline if someone mucked with it?
:arrow: I still have the same headache trying to write this power out on paper, but working it out in my head still works...
- That'd be up to Neo-Paladin if he wants, but it's meant to just stop this from happening to her.
- Are you trying to crunch the numbers on Recall, or just how it works? If it helps, the Teleport costs 4 points, the Healing costs 6 points, and the Enhanced Trait costs 1 point for 11 total. As a move action, she teleports back to where she was in the previous round and makes a Healing check for herself.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah - numbercrunching... :lol: was more an issue of layout to make it work for me... Thanks for that.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

yes,thank you lots dude!(sorry for the really late post,my power lines got a bad case of Frozen&broken and they just got fixed..)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bladewind wrote:Some other ideas that came to mind for this one:
:idea: Knight Rider (With KITT as a Sidekick or Summoned Minion). I was leaning towards the 2008 version.
:idea: MacGyver (The original). Gadgeteer of some kind but I was not inspired when it came to actually statting his abilities...
:idea: an Immortal from the Highlander series. But the series/ franchise kind of dragged on for me and I really feel there should have been only one.
:idea: Nick Knight (From Forever Knight, a old Canadian TV show). Because I was looking for a Vampire-type to play...

I actually have an idea for a story/ game of my own based in this world... this PL, the team would be assigned to determine if certain artefacts, relics and items of power have Merged... and if so, which version. Their mission would be to secure or otherwise neutralize said items. The first ones that came to mind were the Swords from Saberhagen's books of Swords and specifically ARDNEH...

Then I wondered if the Tablet of Ahkmenrah crossed over... :mrgreen:
couple of comments on this:

:idea: Knight Rider:i actually liked the original series better(i personally think they went a little overboard with all the Talking Vehicals...)
:idea: MacGuyver:I can probably stat both Angus' up for you if you want(i could even do Both versions of the Phoenix Foundation)... :)
:idea: Highlander(Movie/T.V.Franchise):I watched this almost Religiously in the 80's(i hated the Raven series with a Passion:the Cast was just awful for the Parts!),but can agree with you that it tended to Drag a lot at times...
:idea: Forever Knight:i also watched this when it was on,but missed a couple of episodes somehow.I think Nick would make a rather good solo hero(just keep him away from Gotham,please!)...

Your Game idea sound an awful lot like Warehouse 13:The Merge....I call first in line for sub's darn it! :) (i'm a fan of the old SciFi series)...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I`m still pondering - my own idea for a Merge game seems a lot like Neo`s idea for this one and thus want to see where he goes before starting up... But yeah, Warehouse 13 and Men in Black are inspirations...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote:Okay, folks...looking over the submissions and knowing there might be some attrition as is common to pbp games, I have chosen six characters. Those are:

Tracer
Torque
Agent Long
Aislynn Finnigan
Rick Flag
Hannibal King

You have until Wednesday to make last changes to your characters. On Wednesday, we'll get started properly. Sorry for the wait.
all i'm gonna add to mine is a Bit of RP(like what Blade did with Robyn,only through the len's of a Tape Recording from a Psych Evaluation)...
I might be able to reply Wensday,depending on my work Schedual(?).If i can't,then you'll have it Thursday at the Latest...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

IC thread is up!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=259
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So... this is why I held off posting my own slice of the Merge Universe in game form... As it turns out, I was planning something involving Spice/ Melange... :lol:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bladewind wrote:So... this is why I held off posting my own slice of the Merge Universe in game form... As it turns out, I was planning something involving Spice/ Melange... :lol:

Talk about Irony... :o
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Oops...seems I took away my chance to play in my own world with this...sorry Bladewind...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Lol. Well there is a wealth of options to consider. What about fetching various Mcguffins that have fallen through in order to keep them from idiots who might either misuse them or hurt themselves with them? Heck there's plenty just in D&D alone!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

True...

in general, I am amazed that the Merged universe has had so much traction :) Thanks for your support, guys! :D
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

It has literally endless possibilities. I mean who doesn't love the fact that you can have any number of team ups on both sides?
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote:Oops...seems I took away my chance to play in my own world with this...sorry Bladewind...
No worries, I actually have another idea that could be fun...
Neo-Paladin wrote:Oops...seems I took away my chance to play in my own world with this...sorry Bladewind...
And thank you for letting me play in your sandbox !