The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

Post by kirinke »

Lol. No argument. Still, the Heal at PL 4 Burst Area/Selective is probably the best we can get at this point.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

It is and it does.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I didn't realize Lily was stunting to do the teleport.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

She is indeed. Her normal teleport is line of sight only. I'm justifying longer range non line of sight as her tuning into the world of sound and using that to find and get to an out of sight destination...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I figured giving Lilly the basic rundown of the Geneva conventions would be a good guideline for basic hero behavior. Sure it applies mainly to countries in time of war, but it is a good basic roadmap for heroes as well.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Entirely reasonable!
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'm kinda giggling right now. Lilly is forcing Amy of all people to be a better person, just by being so innocent! Amy kinda feels responsible, so she's acting like a good role-model for the other 'girl'.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

More signs of the end times... someone just said kirinke was entirely reasonable ! ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Hay! I can be reasonably adult! Sometimes. ^)^

Oh and about the Vril crystal, I went back and found this like ten or more pages ago. :lol:
The machine uses an exotic energy source that cross-referencing reveals to be 'Vril' - in the pre-Merge universe the name of an advanced race in a novel written in the early 20th century which some Nazis took for real and developed crackpot theories around, conflating the name of the race with hypothetical energy sources.
Vril energy has become a reality with the Merge, with some alternate WW2 artifacts recovered in Europe using it, usually in the form of crystals resonating at a certain frequency.
If deactivated or destroyed, the generators should not do anything untoward, as they simply convert energy into electricity. No energy - no power. However, caution is advised when harming the crystals as some Vril energy sources recovered have proven to be very volatile.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I forget, is the crystal visible from the outside (through a window of some sort) or is hidden inside the machine somewhere?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Now, that I didn't get. ;)

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm I'm kinda giggling right now. Lilly is forcing Amy of all people to be a better person, just by being so innocent! Amy kinda feels responsible, so she's acting like a good role-model for the other 'girl'.

Which isn't a bad thing.
Well, although she has developed some sense of things she thinks are right and those she thinks are wrong, given where she comes from Lilly could certainly use some guidance in that respect! And if that makes Amy pull herself up by her bootstraps in the process, then I suppose that is not a bad thing either!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What this game eventually needs is a scene where Adeleth notices Lilly stays mostly in her quarters back at HQ and decides to try taking her out to a club on night. :) Or, we need to have a scene the next morning where Adeleth and Lilly disagree during a party meeting for the next mission as to the specifics of what happened after that event occurs. :)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

The problem with Amy is, she isn't a bad person, persae, she just has had some bad role-models in her life. So seeing and interacting with Lilly, makes her realize that maybe she needs to make some improvements on herself, because what she does, does affects others, if that makes sense.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:44 pm What this game eventually needs is a scene where Adeleth notices Lilly stays mostly in her quarters back at HQ and decides to try taking her out to a club on night. :) Or, we need to have a scene the next morning where Adeleth and Lilly disagree during a party meeting for the next mission as to the specifics of what happened after that event occurs. :)
Could be fun! Though to be fair, as a New God, Lilly is immune to poisons so she can drink or whatever as much as she wants and be unaffected...