The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Bladewind wrote:Build Review
One more before I crash... breaking my reverse Alphabetical by Player path though...
EnigmaticOne wrote:-Background and picture to come-
Agent Anton Burgundy
:arrow: Looking forward to background and picture.
:arrow: I take it this is a native to this Earth, pre-Merge?
:arrow: I don't see the bonus advantages from your Presence.
:arrow: I'd like to call NeoPaladin's attention to the Variable Equipment Array (See Powers). Mathematically sound, doesn't seem too game-breaking...
:arrow: Your math is solid.
:arrow: Yeah,I need to fix that.
:arrow: Yeah, if Neo's fine with assuming Burn Notice as pre-Merge.
:arrow: Forgot those. Need to give those some thought.
:arrow: Yeah, it would total up to 50 EP, but I figured it would fit the Burn Notice style of adapting your gear (and the various weapons) to the situation - obviously the Slow is there so that Anton has to have time and access to the armory and what have you to switch the configurations.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Build Review

No, seriously, I feel like crap and need sleep...
Flynnarrel wrote:Agent Long

:arrow: Semantics... Grappling Finesse... did you mean Grabbing? Improved Pin... did you mean Improved Grab? If not, what advantages are you referring to (source plz)?
:arrow: I moved your second chance ability to Advantages on my version of your sheet - so if I complain later that we don't balance powers to advantages remind me that I wrote this. ;) :P
:arrow: Please confirm Octopus Playing the Drums is rank 5, yes?
:arrow: Despite my note on where I recorded Second Chance, I count 15 advantages and 32 PP for powers - which means I count one less advantage than you. But I'm sick, need sleep and may have made an error.
:arrow: That's all I got in terms of build comments. Concept wise, this absolutely rocks.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

@Enigmatic One - Completely missed the Michael Westen reference... :oops:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

EnigmaticOne wrote:
One more before I crash... breaking my reverse Alphabetical by Player path though...
EnigmaticOne wrote:-Background and picture to come-
Agent Anton Burgundy
:arrow: Looking forward to background and picture.
:arrow: I'd like to call NeoPaladin's attention to the Variable Equipment Array (See Powers). Mathematically sound, doesn't seem too game-breaking...
:arrow: Your math is solid.
:arrow: Yeah,I need to fix that.
:arrow: Forgot those. Need to give those some thought.
:arrow: Yeah, it would total up to 50 EP, but I figured it would fit the Burn Notice style of adapting your gear (and the various weapons) to the situation - obviously the Slow is there so that Anton has to have time and access to the armory and what have you to switch the configurations.
Uhm...the point about the Merge is that, prior to it, this was our universe, as unmagical and unfictional as can be. But it''s possible that the people from Burn Notice did cross over somewhat seamlessly.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

No, seriously, I feel like crap and need sleep...
Flynnarrel wrote:Agent Long

:arrow: Semantics... Grappling Finesse... did you mean Grabbing? Improved Pin... did you mean Improved Grab? If not, what advantages are you referring to (source plz)?
:arrow: I moved your second chance ability to Advantages on my version of your sheet - so if I complain later that we don't balance powers to advantages remind me that I wrote this. ;) :P
:arrow: Please confirm Octopus Playing the Drums is rank 5, yes?
:arrow: Despite my note on where I recorded Second Chance, I count 15 advantages and 32 PP for powers - which means I count one less advantage than you. But I'm sick, need sleep and may have made an error.
:arrow: That's all I got in terms of build comments. Concept wise, this absolutely rocks.
Oops, I was using 2E names for feats.

Octopus playing the drums is rank 7,
AE: Octopus playing the drums: Move Object(2/r), Area-burst(+1/r), Range-Close(-1/r), Damaging(+1/r), Selective(+1/r), Duration - instant(-2/r), Precise, PR7
It can do damage, trip, or disarm. but grappling is moot since Instant duration.

Yup, one less advantage than I counted. I'll do something with that.

I think Create needs to be modified as well, it should be Close Range. Hmmm....
Thanks! :)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote:
EnigmaticOne wrote:

Uhm...the point about the Merge is that, prior to it, this was our universe, as unmagical and unfictional as can be. But it''s possible that the people from Burn Notice did cross over somewhat seamlessly.
That's on me. I completely missed the reference in the Complications.
Also, are you good with the Equipment?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Slightly confused about the seeming double post of most of your sheet... :D
Lol. I tried to fix that, which led to that double post. Lord. It's fixed now.

Can we get a running total for your point expenditure, you don't seem to have subtotals on everything and I want to make sure I balance with you.

Done!

Your Saves total 13 for me, not 14

Fixed!
Don't get your application of Shapeable on Aerokinesis...
Gives you the ability to grab a lot of stuff with your TK.... Precisesly. :)

Why not make Flight and the Air Bending Powers Dynamic? Just a thought if you were looking to free up a point or two...

Too clunky. Flight is best by itself in this case.

What on Earth does Air Awareness do for you? Maybe an Analytical Detection Power is more suitable - giving you precise readings on Wind Speed, Wind Direction...

I put a description underneath to help. It's in the power profiles.

Blessings of the Wind... Not sure how comfortable I am with Comprehend being part of that array, but I can't say it doesn't work... Speak All and Be Understood is kind of redundant though. What is the Communicate in that slot? Communicate with Spirits?
Air benders are pretty spiritual, so the ability to understand everyone is tied into that spirituality. I took out the communicate and left the spirits. She can detect spirits and ghosts with her senses.

You can detect spirits and ghosts but can't see them... Dimensional Hearing and Sight (Limited to seeing spirits and Ghosts) would be a good choice if you found the points.

Fixed.

Not sure you need Limited Degree in your Wind Snake, without it I calculate it still fitting within the slot...

It's a part of the snare thing... I'll take a look at it later.

I come to a total of 118 points - Abilities 28 + Powers 47 + Advantages 12 + Skills 18 + Defenses 13 = Total 118

Advantages were 13. I added 1 power to the independent powers.
ABILITIES 28 + DEFENSES 13 + SKILLS 18 + ADVANTAGES 13 + POWERS 48 =120
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Never mind this post,as Fly reminded me of Bladwind's late night&i don't want him staying up too late...apologiezs(?) all around.
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

FYI - I've been tweaking Shannon's build; Sherlock lost a lot of unarmed combat feats to pay for his bond and being small (1 rank of permanent innate shrinking), and I moved some things around to pay for the bond doing something on Shannon. Also added subtotals on powers. And fixed an arboreal not being able to climb.
Last edited by drothgery on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Bladewind wrote:
Neo-Paladin wrote:
EnigmaticOne wrote:

Yeah, I am. Equipment is somewhat limited already so, yeah, it''s fine until further notice.
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Build is updated with array and complications.

Looking for a pic for the guy
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote:So now I 'm wondering how whatever agency got ahold of a T800 to reprogram...
Sounds like the doings of some mad (teenage) scientist .... I'm thinking a cameo by Aggie, albeit slightly older, might be a great way to start off the campaign.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Good thing I pushed forward the other night despite wanting sleep... went in to work yesterday but was sent home... crashed for a few hours and then slept early...

I know I was on spottily during the day, and I honestly don't remember making those posts ! Must've woken up to use the facilities and checked in with the iPad or something.

Feeling much better today, and I will try to finish initial reviews !
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Neo-Paladin wrote:
Bladewind wrote:
Neo-Paladin wrote:
Yeah, I am. Equipment is somewhat limited already so, yeah, it''s fine until further notice.
You know there is this new series called Blind Eye which has the same guy who played Micheal in Burn Notice......
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Had posted to wrong thread...

So, I've got two reviews left. If anyone wants to take a gander at my T-800 I'd appreciate it.

As for all reviews, for those not used to my review style I'd like to point out that I mostly check the math and defer decisions on suitability of specific powers to Neo. My comments are meant to understand where you were going with a choice of abilities and suggestions are what I probably would have done. In neither case do I presume I am correct. No one this time around has had any issues with my reviews, but I figured I`d get that out of the way - especially since I`ve had a build or two to review from people who I consider to have better stat-fu than me... :lol: