The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bill from Accounting

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by Bill from Accounting »

TRACER
PL 7 (105 PP)

Height: 5' 4"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

ABILITIES (40):
STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS (16):
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 5 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Expertise: Government Agent 5 (+6), Insight 3 (+5), Investigation 1 (+2), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Guns 6 (+9), Stealth 2 (+6), Technology 2 (+3), Vehicles 8 (+11)

ADVANTAGES (10):
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Takedown, Teamwork*, Luck: Recover 3
*Presence Advantage

POWERS (23):
Athletic: Leaping 1 (15 feet), Speed 1 (4 MPH); 2 PP

Pulse Pistols: Ranged Damage 5 (Easily Removable, Multiattack, Split); 10 PP
AE Pulse Bombs: Ranged Burst Area Damage 7 (Easily Removable, Unreliable: 5 uses); 1 PP

Chronal Accelerator: Removable (-3) Device; 10 PP
Anchored In The Present: Feature 1 (Negates complications caused by chronal disassociation); 1 PP
Recall: Teleport 2 (120 feet, Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Precise, Unreliable: 5 uses, Limited 2: Only to a location Tracer was at in the previous round), Healing 10 (Move Action, Persistent, Restorative, Limited: Self only, Unreliable: 5 uses, Limited 2: Cannot heal conditions acquired before the previous round), Enhanced Trait 3 (Luck: Recover 3, Limited 2: Cannot recover conditions acquired before the previous round); 11 PP
AE Blink: Teleport 1 (60 feet, Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout, Precise); 1 PP

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 1, DC 16)
Pulse Pistols +9 (Ranged, Damage 5, DC 20)

DEFENSES (16):
Dodge +9, Parry +9
Toughness +5/+2*, Fortitude +5, Will +7
*Without Defensive Roll

Abilities 40 + Powers 23 + Advantages 10 + Skills 16 + Defenses 16 = 105 PP

BACKGROUND:
Lena Oxton (call sign: "Tracer") was the youngest person ever inducted into Overwatch's experimental flight program. Known for her fearless piloting skills, she was handpicked to test the prototype of a teleporting fighter, the Slipstream. But during its first flight, the aircraft's teleportation matrix malfunctioned, and it disappeared. Lena was presumed dead.

She reappeared months later, but her ordeal had greatly changed her: her molecules had been desynchronized from the flow of time. Suffering from "chronal disassociation," she was a living ghost, disappearing for hours and days at a time. Even for the brief moments she was present, she was unable to maintain physical form.

Overwatch's doctors and scientists were stumped, and Tracer's case seemed hopeless until a scientist named Winston designed the chronal accelerator, a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. With her newfound skills, she became one of Overwatch's most effective agents.

COMPLICATIONS:
Weakness: Tracer suffers from chronal disassociation. If her chronal accelerator is not kept in close proximity to her, she becomes a living ghost, disappearing in and out of time.
Power Loss: The chronal accelerator needs to be occasionally recharged. Also, if Tracer overuses the accelerator it can temporarily burn out, requiring a round or two before being operable again.
Motivation: Tracer is an irrepressible force for good, and fights to make the world a better place.
Discrimination: Tracer is a lesbian, and could face some bigotry for it in the Merged Universe.
Let's Try That Again: Tracer's powers give her plenty of opportunities for a second chance, so she sometimes acts with overconfidence.

DESIGN NOTES:
- From the Teleport Power Profile, on Reaction Teleport: "Note that you can only teleport under the chosen circumstance; if you can also activate your Teleport effect at will, apply the Selective modifier." So she can use Blink to teleport both reflexively and at will.
- Recall is a somewhat complicated set of linked powers that lets Tracer rewind herself back in time. If anyone has a better idea for how to build it, I'm open to suggestions.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:19 am, edited 9 times in total.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Bill from Accounting wrote:Is this game still recruiting?
Neo-paladin said here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=186&p=8570#p8570 that he was recruiting until after the holidays. I'd interpret that as until Jan 1, but I'm not sure how he is.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Been thinking it over and I don't think I really have enough commitment to the character. Gonna withdraw.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yes, recruitment is still open. No worries :) I wanted to give everyone time over the holidays.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Tracer is added to the Submissions List, Burgundy is listed as withdrawn.

Finally feeling better (well, was yesterday but up late to celebrate the ball drop...) so I should be able to finish my reviews today.

Happy New Year all !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Build Review
drothgery wrote:Lt Cmdr Shannon Bradley
:arrow: How do Honorverse firearms differentiate from the conventional type? There was a question above as to whether or not Firearms was to broad a category for a skill, and Neopaladin accepted Firearms as a blanket skill..
:arrow: Likewise, I know its the base language and thus free, but what are the differences between Manticoran and standard English?
:arrow: At first glance, I thought you were over by three points - its your math for the Presence Advantage, yes?
:arrow: I've never seen Mental Link require more than 1 point, regardless of distance, Is there a particular reason to go with the Communication at rank 2?
:arrow: I don't readily see the math for the easily removable and removable flaws, but I have a total of 34 PP not 35. I think its in the Intelligence Mini Comp that we are not balancing...
drothgery wrote:Sherlock
:arrow: You specify 20 Ranks, but actually have one more rank to spend. (7 PP = 21 ranks)
:arrow: Sherlock balances mathwise, but is relatively weak in defenses (specifically Fortitude...)
:arrow: IIRC, Minions don't earn HP and thus don't have complications...

Like I said previously, interesting concept and I'm going to need to do some reading because of you !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Bladewind,

The T-800 looks fine.

I would swap out the immunity 5 Bulletproof for Impervious considering a 50 caliber rifle will kill a T-800. or redefine the immunity as small arms fire.

Software upgrades and enhanced targeting bought as equipment is nice. Might need a Tech to update your systems in the future but a nice touch.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Build Review
Camus wrote:Hatori Zensou of the Black Hand
:arrow: I generally ask for a line summary of power points spent so that I can make sure we balance throughout. Minor nitpick though.
:arrow: What PL did you choose? (I believe 8/90)
:arrow: I think you forgot to account for skills being 3:1 instead of 2:1.
:arrow: Weapons of the Black Hand... I come to 26 on the base power, 23 for the alternate (so 1 PP), and -12 Easily Removable... I get 15, not 17 for total point expenditure
:arrow: Katabira Of the Black Hand - You call it a device, but did not take any points for Removable.
:arrow: Although I don't generally comment on complications, his disgust with tech seems a little off to me. Its far too broad - basic tools, his weapons, clothing... it all comes from tech. Is there a specific level of tech that he does not like?
:arrow: Interesting concept, I'd personally like some more background.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Shadow13 wrote:Bladewind,

The T-800 looks fine.

I would swap out the immunity 5 Bulletproof for Impervious considering a 50 caliber rifle will kill a T-800. or redefine the immunity as small arms fire.

Software upgrades and enhanced targeting bought as equipment is nice. Might need a Tech to update your systems in the future but a nice touch.
Thanks for looking at him ! I think I might just take that suggestion on further defined as "small arms fire" instead of "bulletproof" - and keeping the same cost.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Bladewind wrote:Build Review
drothgery wrote:Lt Cmdr Shannon Bradley
:arrow: How do Honorverse firearms differentiate from the conventional type? There was a question above as to whether or not Firearms was to broad a category for a skill, and Neopaladin accepted Firearms as a blanket skill..
:arrow: Likewise, I know its the base language and thus free, but what are the differences between Manticoran and standard English?
:arrow: At first glance, I thought you were over by three points - its your math for the Presence Advantage, yes?
:arrow: I've never seen Mental Link require more than 1 point, regardless of distance, Is there a particular reason to go with the Communication at rank 2?
:arrow: I don't readily see the math for the easily removable and removable flaws, but I have a total of 34 PP not 35. I think its in the Intelligence Mini Comp that we are not balancing...
Hmm

re Honorverse firearms vs 21st century earth firearms:
Honorverse pulsers don't have recoil (they fire hypersonic darts propelled by Honorverse gravitic technology which is why her pistol-sized pulser hits harder and has the same rate of fire as the T-800's Uzi); in-universe, it takes a fair amount of effort for someone used to pulsers to get good with chemical-powered firearms or vis versa (firearms based on the same principals as 21st century earth weapons exist as dueling weapons on Manticore and on some less advanced planets as regular weapons). But it might not be worth bothering with a difference in-game.

re Manticoran vs standard English:
Nothing specific, but pre-Merge, the Honorverse was in the year 4024 AD, so there's two thousand years of linguistic drift even with standardized spelling and recorded speech for most of it, and they started with at least as many British English speakers as American English speakers. She'll use colloquialisms that 21st-century Americans or Brits won't get, will be confused by some 21st-century colloquialisms, and probably has a strange accent. Along the same lines, treecats do not have the same hand structure as humans, but someone familiar with American Sign Language can pretty much understand treecat sign (treecats recently learned sign language, because they're telepaths and can't talk).

re 3 power points over:
Yes, that's presence advantage bonus points.

re Mental Link:
I didn't see that in HeroLab. And still don't. If you can point me to the rules for it, it would probably work better.

I generally trust HeroLab's math on removable / easily removable deductions (the minicomp and pulser are Easily Removable; the Light Tactical Armor is Removable). YMMV.
drothgery wrote:Sherlock
:arrow: You specify 20 Ranks, but actually have one more rank to spend. (7 PP = 21 ranks)
:arrow: Sherlock balances mathwise, but is relatively weak in defenses (specifically Fortitude...)
:arrow: IIRC, Minions don't earn HP and thus don't have complications...

Like I said previously, interesting concept and I'm going to need to do some reading because of you !
I'll see what I can do with skills and defenses. Coming up with a plausible way to boost Fort (and the points for it) has been problematic; treecats don't wear armor (as of 1922 PD), and they're pretty small.

I might drop her PL and use the extra points to make Sherlock a Sidekick instead of a Minion.
Last edited by drothgery on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

@drothrgery - Mental Link is a Flat 1 pt Extra for the Summon Power. It's also the EP cost of a Cell Phone... So I don't see Neo having an issue with it...

As for the language and firearms, that's where I thought you were going.
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Bladewind wrote:
Shadow13 wrote:Bladewind,

The T-800 looks fine.

Thanks for looking at him ! I think I might just take that suggestion on further defined as "small arms fire" instead of "bulletproof" - and keeping the same cost.
The build was a straight Construct cyborg flavor build.

I only suggested the define small arms fire vs bullet proof due how the movies depict the T-800 on what it takes to damage these things.

A sawed off 12 gauge only stunned Arnold t-800 in the original film but did no damage.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Build Review
Bill from Accounting wrote:Tracer
:arrow: More removable shenanigans... ;) On your Pulse Pistols - Ranged, Multi Attack Damage (Split) is 16 points, one alternate effect is a total of 17. Divided by 5 is 3 (rounded down, we can discuss rounding up...)... x2 = 6... Total cost of the Pulse Pistol should be 11 Points. You seem to have paid for your AP a second time around...
:arrow: I think the Chronal Accelerator works point wise, trying to break it down on paper was making my head explode, so I just stared at it and worked it out in my head... Is what you are going for a power that lets you jump back in time one round but only moves you? It's not Time Travel per se, but descriptor wise it might as well be? I'm still thinking on an easier way to stat that...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That's at least one look over all current submissions. If anyone sees anything that they think I missed, please feel free.

I prefer to do second looks only on the characters actually chosen... but if you have specific questions, feel free !
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Bladewind wrote:
:arrow: More removable shenanigans... ;) On your Pulse Pistols - Ranged, Multi Attack Damage (Split) is 16 points, one alternate effect is a total of 17. Divided by 5 is 3 (rounded down, we can discuss rounding up...)... x2 = 6... Total cost of the Pulse Pistol should be 11 Points. You seem to have paid for your AP a second time around...
:arrow: I think the Chronal Accelerator works point wise, trying to break it down on paper was making my head explode, so I just stared at it and worked it out in my head... Is what you are going for a power that lets you jump back in time one round but only moves you? It's not Time Travel per se, but descriptor wise it might as well be? I'm still thinking on an easier way to stat that...
- Woops, you're right about the Pulse Pistols. The point total for her Powers still comes out to 23, I just reported it wrong.
- Yeah, Recall places her back to where she was last round, and heals any damage she took in that time frame. Time is the descriptor for it, but it's not really true time travel in that everything else proceeds as normal. Here's a video that might give you a better idea of what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFdC4mW0SMI