Justice League Reserves #1: As Above, So Below (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: Justice League Reserves #1: As Above, So Below (IC)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Flamebird
HP=1

Flamebird was angry at herself for missing an easy target.
Focus! Take a deep breath, aim, let the breath out, and fire. she mentally told herself.

Readjusting her position slightly, she aimed at the nearest guard and fired bolts of fire at her target.
Fire bolt attack: 1d20+8: 16 [1d20=8] https://orokos.com/roll/882178 DC 23 if it hits.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Infiltration Team Marlyssa Xenos
HP : 0, Fatigued. Waxworks down to 7.

Marlyssa shot upward the first chance she got, to hide amongst the abundant foliage of the trees. While still being close enough to the buildings to see what was going on.

All of her forearms ached - her species have glands that produce chemicals which can be mixed for useful effects.

Blended one way, she could produce a spike of hardened wax to strike targets at range.

Blended a different way, she could produce a sticky blob of wax that could stick targets to the floor.

Or she could just inject the unblended chemicals forcibly into a target's body, which can drop some pretty large creatures to the floor in agony.

But dumping enough of the reactive organics quickly enough to make a cloud of tear gas ? Painful and exhausting !

"That was unpleasant !" she groused quietly to herself as she looked around, "Rather not do that again any time soon.

And STARTING with a beating of a nosy reporter ? Must be quite the hornet's nest of villainy here if they start with that and get worse."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Alexa Flemming "Lookout" Team Infiltration
Active Effects: Mind Reading, Area Blast, centered on herself, concentrating on Ashleigh for a deep read.
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

Alexa continues the small talk and decides to dig a little deeper into Ashleigh X with her Mind Reading.

Full round probe asking "why are you acting strangely?"
Mind reading probe: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

ASSAULT TEAM

The warehouse that Thunderer walked into is unsurprisingly full of boxes both large and small. Perfect for hiding things. But these guys could not hide from the elemental lord. As Thunderer stares them down before their sneak attack, he has one shot to grab one of them. Or maybe two. He's certainly strong enough to do so.
Miracle wrote:Gonna give you a free grapple attempt since you knocked down the door as a free action.

If you take the chance, and hit them, do a grapple check vs Grapple: 1d20+12 17
Flamebird's bolt of fire definitely finds it's mark sending the guard to the ground, a little crispier than he was a few seconds ago
Miracle wrote:Toughness: 1d20+6 12
"Step One has arrived," Thunderer hears very clearly from the dropped earpiece, "let's just hope Jaws is ready to eat. Incoming!"
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

INFILTRATION TEAM

Xenos

The guards would not let up, but to keep appearances sane, they did not chase the flying bug woman into the air.
Spoiler
"He ain't gonna like we let one get away," one guard said putting his prod away.

"You think he don't know by now," the other groaned.

"I know we're probably going back to that relearning place if he does."
From up in the trees, Marlyssa feels a bit calmer. And a lot warmer. This weather is almost too perfect. Then again, she's got bug biology.
Miracle wrote:Sense Motive, please
Lookout

"Oh you know, you come to a place like this and you learn to relax," Ashleigh X says warmly, "I mean listen to the music. Everyone is happy here, right?"
Miracle wrote:AshleighX's mind is super tampered with.The puppeteer is letting AX have her free will only to talk to 'the guest'.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

OOC wrote:Alexa's mental awareness is Accurate, Acute, and Radius, can she "see" the mind control effect being used and so where the mentalist is?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer
Condition: 1 Injury Normal HP: 1

"Well hello, new friends!" The Thunderer declares with a wild grin, "You care to test your mettle against the Baron of Battle?"

He crows with delight as one of his arms lashes out to grab at one of the assailants, and attempts to tuck them under an arm like one might wrestle with a small child.
OOC
Catching a Sneak Attacker in a grapple: 1d20+8 20 1d20+20 31
20 to hit, 31 to grapple.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

ASSAULT TEAM

Thunderer's grab is quick and precise. The guard has nowhere to go. "Hey man, I, uh, don't have anything against you. Love me some good guys. I saw Superman once. It's true!" He's obviously trying to keep his captor distracted. "Tell you what, you let me go and I won't say anything. I don't even know who to talk to. I, uh, just started today!" The guard is also a bad liar.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Salvo HP 3.
Salvo uses his comms to check in with his team strangely disturbed by the lack of gunfire.
"Overwatch clear. Sitrep"
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

ASSAULT TEAM

If ever a sense of foreboding was felt, this was one of the worst. Monster movies and the local news back home did not do him justice. A crocodile man, known as Killer Croc to Gothamites. He walked in surveying the chaos, a light shining behind him as the newly wrecked warehouse door was wont to show. He spotted Thunderer first.

"This is it," Croc spoke ever so sharp and confused, "Hey pretty boy, you know you can't go destroying other people's property! Well, at least I get paid to do it."

On the outside, those that stayed on the pier heard the beginning of the Jaws theme in their head. Having a mentalist for a boss was kind of nice for entrances. Right on queue, a shark man jumped from the water on to the pier. King Shark as he was known to... where ever he deigned to show up.

A low guttural word came from the Hammerhead-headed beast. Whatever that word was indecipherable to the people he was about to make his best chum.
Miracle wrote:Time to initiative up. Reactions would be nice also :mrgreen:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer
Condition: 1 Injury Normal HP: 1

The Thunderer laughs and shakes his head at the poor minon trapped under his arm as the man fails to distract him, "You are terrible at this! Good man, I earnestly suggest you go home and think deeply on the current course of your life."

Miracle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 am "This is it," Croc spoke ever so sharp and confused, "Hey pretty boy, you know you can't go destroying other people's property! Well, at least I get paid to do it."
"Ha, as purveyor of justice I've done it for free!" The Thunderer says, cheerfully, "But if you'd like to bring out the owner, I'd be happy to offer my apologies as I arrest him."

"Hail, crocodile man, you face the Thunderer! Have you a name, that I may immortalize it in story, as the time you came face to face in battle with the Son of Storms?"

OOC
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

DR.IMPOSSIBLE
JP-1 CND-Fine INITIATIVE #--13 MASTER PLAN--0(New roll needed)

Spotting King Shark, Doc switches his helmet to loudspeaker as he say's(the helmet translating his word to base Hawaiian)
"ATTENTION 'KING' SHARK(ALIAS NANAUE), YOU ARE ORDERED TO SURRENDER PEACEABLY FOR DETAINMENT AS A POSSIBLE TERRORIST.FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU RECIEVING A VERITABLY THRASHING.(Repeats in native Hawaiian)"
As this is going on ,he recalling everything he's read in the League database about Shark's abilities & Powers...
OOC: Alright, depending on the turn order, i'd like to use Eidetic Memory & Master Plan to figure out a way to quickly deal with him...
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Flamebird
HP: 1

Flamebird heard music in her head followed by a giant human shark leaping out of the water. It was instantly recognizable as King Shark.
Flamebird took to the air to get a better view. As expected, Dr. Impossible felt the need to broadcast a warning again. Maybe it was in the hero manual that you have to warn the bad guys first?

Flamebird shrugged.

"Hey Minnow Man! Looks like we're having fried fish for dinner tonight!"

She then unleashed a bolt of divine fire at the monstrosity.
Initiative: 1d20+6: 21 [1d20=15] https://orokos.com/roll/884877 Fire bolt attack: 1d20+8: 20 [1d20=12] https://orokos.com/roll/884878
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Steadfast (Assault Team)
Initiative 20

At the musical cue, Michelle smiled faintly- even after all these years, it WAS such an iconic soundbite...
She continued to hover about 10 feet off the ground, simply turning in place until the shark-man came into sight. "Pretty sure we Don't need a bigger boat, Bruce...," she quipped, as the air around her hands began to glow brightly...
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

For a wet monster man from the depths of the ocean, King Shark seems to shrug off fire quite resiliently. The glistening sheen of water not gone... yet. "Fire," he questioned. He was not unfamiliar with the concept of fire, just the fact that it was being slung at him.
Miracle wrote:Toughness: 1d20+14 33

Well then. an auspicious start for the aquatic team! Steadfast's turn.