Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by MacynSnow »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:18 pm Haru returns to the group. As she approaches, she tosses the ball to Jericho. "This is the location. There's a fitted wooden door just inside the cave. I heard children laughing, along with possibly a non-child laughing. There was up-beat music playing. The music will probably make it easy for us to approach unnoticed. But we aren't getting through the doo without warning whoever's inside that we are there. I did not check if the door was locked."
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INS-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

Catching the ball reflexively, the Cowboy tipped his hat back a little as he said
"We got us a couple of Option's then, thae way i'm seeing this;
--We wait untill the So-n-so comes out the door to 'hunt' again(eventually they'll have to). Problem is, it leaves the youngun's in danger...
--Jig goes in acting like a child who somehow got lost and we Ambush it the second they show. Problem with that is it put's one of ours right in this summbitch's hand's...
--We kick in the door and go with a Commanche Raid mentality: anybody our size get's laid out if they draw a weapon. It'll give us a Second or two to draw bead on the Adult's in the room, but we'd be going in blind & praying to the Spirits for the best....
I hate it, but i'm personally inclined to go with the last one but if anybody has a better idea, i'm all ears....
"
He'll pass the ball along to Jig & Rolik(?) after he's done talking...
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

"You don't want me out of armor if there's going to be a fight. So me going in as a child is not our best plan." Jig says. "Plus pretty suspicious to have a child just walk up and knock in the middle of nowhere, I'd think. So... direct assault or try to lure it out, and I don't have the thespian skills for that." she admits.

Jig twirls the ball in her palm before offering it to the paladin.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Rikolf takes it with a smile. " I'm not good with sneaking, so I'd be up for a direct assault...but..has anyone tried to see if the door's even locked? If not...we could take a peek first..."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet

"If you don't think they'll hear us, let's all go to where we easily move through the door but then Haru or I can see about getting us through, if needed, and peeking in." Jig suggests.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"That sounds like the best option," Haru says.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:02 pm "That sounds like the best option," Haru says.
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INS-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

Nodding his head, Jericho will reply "Majority rules. Let's go take us a bit of a look-see...."
He'll start creeping quietly towards the Cave, following where Haru lead's them and keeping his Rifle at the ready in case....
OOC:Alrighty, here's my Stealth number...
Stealth check:14+6=20--Dirty 20 baby! :D
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

Haru nods in agreement and leads the group to the cave using the same route as she used before.

Stealth and Perception :
1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

You end up in front of the strange door once more. Nothing has changed and there is nothing out of the ordinary...except for that door in the cave wall where it has absolutely no place being. If you look very, very closely, you can even see that the edges of the door are a bit blurry, as if ever-so-slightly out of focus.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haru is going to search for traps on the door and investigate the blurry bits.

Investigation: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

There are no traps but the sensation of touching the blurry bits is disconcerting. It's like touching a wooden door and solid rock at the same time with the very same fingers.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: did she also determine if the door is locked during that investigation check?)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It does not seem to be locked.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet

Jig is ready to open the clasp of a thin metal box mounted on her shoulder, the inside is coated with a non-evaporating endo-photic chemical that manifests as a heatless fire [Continual Flame] in case there's no light in the passage beyond.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

Haru slowly opens the door and peaks through the crack.

Perception: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The music is louder now that it seeps through the crack. Behind the door, Haru can see into a wide space filled with colourful tents and stands. Straw covers the floor and blinking lights are everywhere - either made to glow by magic or by electricity, a future invention that is slowly gaining a foothold in other eras.
What she also sees are children - children, from the looks of it, from various eras, stumbling and staggering about, wide smiles plastered on their faces but the eyes hauntingly vacant....