Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:43 am No need to do a check. It's quite obvious once you come closer to the town. There are two groups of people near main street, engaged in a heated argument - a group of settlers and a group of Natives, Shoshone from the looks of it. Between them is a portly man with a gun and a sheriff's badge, trying to shout over their arguments and failing. As you arrive, he is ready to shoot the air again...
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 SPELL SLOTS-4/2 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15

putting his fingers to his lips, jericho'll blow the loudest whistle he can(loud enough to be painful to some ears. He'll apologize to Ennex later for it.). Once it get's their attention(and brief silence), he'll start in(practically flying off Dawnstrider)
"WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT SPIRIT & GOD ALMIGHTY IS GOING ON!?I want ONE PERSON from each side to meet in the middle with the Sheriff, NOW."
Turning to said Sheriff, Jericho say's
"Sorry 'bout that. We work for The Lamplighter's(shows Emblem) and heard 'bout the missing kids and thought to help how we could..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Missing kids? Yeah, good to see you, we've got the culprits right here!" one of the men shouts, pointing at the group of Shoshone.
" We? It is not the first time the White Man steals our children to make them forget who they are! And whenever their own children run away, we receive the blame!" one of the Natives responds, spitting out.
" You would do anything to make us leave this land, even stealing and killing our children...", the first man says and another chimes in, " Probably been eatin' em!"
" We do not mistreat children, that's the White Man's doing! You respect nothing, why would you worry about the safety of young ones?"
" Godless heathens, we should have wiped you from the face of the Earth when we had the chance"

The Sheriff looks at the group. " They've been going on like this since noon", he says, shaking his head...and fires into the air again.
" SHUT UP! Now do as the man says! Or I'll cram you ALL into ONE cell."

After some grumbling, finally, two men step forward.
" Jenkins and...wait...Washakie, right?" The Native nods.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 pm " Missing kids? Yeah, good to see you, we've got the culprits right here!" one of the men shouts, pointing at the group of Shoshone.
" We? It is not the first time the White Man steals our children to make them forget who they are! And whenever their own children run away, we receive the blame!" one of the Natives responds, spitting out.
" You would do anything to make us leave this land, even stealing and killing our children...", the first man says and another chimes in, " Probably been eatin' em!"
" We do not mistreat children, that's the White Man's doing! You respect nothing, why would you worry about the safety of young ones?"
" Godless heathens, we should have wiped you from the face of the Earth when we had the chance"

The Sheriff looks at the group. " They've been going on like this since noon", he says, shaking his head...and fires into the air again.
" SHUT UP! Now do as the man says! Or I'll cram you ALL into ONE cell."

After some grumbling, finally, two men step forward.
" Jenkins and...wait...Washakie, right?" The Native nods.
Jericho Cantrell CLASS-Ranger(Hunter Conclave) 5

Shaking his head sadly at the "Mob rule" going on, jericho'll turn to Haru
"Get each group representative's information on where each of these youngster's have gone missing at as well as how many..."
He'll turn back to the Sheriff
"How long has this....Uglyness been going on fer?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The sheriff sighs and wipes his forehead with the back of his hand. " About a week. The Shoshone say some of their children have gone missing before that, three days or so. So...ten days, give or take. And I don't think they're lying. I consider myself an enlightened man. I don't get an itchy trigger finger when I see red skin. The Indians may be savages, but they're not the kind to make up tales like that. If they'd taken the children, they'd have hauled ass away from here. Instead, they came here."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

Jig's helmet had deployed when she was thinking there'd be trouble, but it retracts now as she engages the cart break and hops down. The townsfolk may only have a problem with Native Americans but if they didn't have to take a chance that the exotic looks of Haru might be distrusted why risk it? (and who knows what they would have thought of scantily clad catwoman?)
Jig comes over to the group of Settlers. "Mr. ah... Jenkins. High, I'm Jig. Don't fret. My armor might look scary on the outside but maybe it'll help recover your kids. The Lamplighters will try to help. Speaking to that can I get the names and descriptions of the missing kids, when they disappeared and where were they last seen?" A side pocket opens up and she takes out a small pad and a writing implement.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

Haru wonders if the list of missing kids Jig gets will be different than the list the sheriff already gave them. She steps over to the Shoshone man. "Greeting, honored sir," she bows slightly. "May I ask how many of your children are missing and their names? We will do our best to find them. I would also need to know as much as you can tell me about the circumstance of their disappearances."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The info you get is consistent. Apparently, there have been 13 kids going missing in total - 5 from one of the Shshone camps and 8 from the settlement. The children all went missing during the night. There was no sign of forced entry, rather they seem to have simply gotten up and walked outside, their tracks disappearing after a couple of hundred feet.
Those few parents who woke up during the night recall a weird fog and the sound of laughter...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 am The info you get is consistent. Apparently, there have been 13 kids going missing in total - 5 from one of the Shshone camps and 8 from the settlement. The children all went missing during the night. There was no sign of forced entry, rather they seem to have simply gotten up and walked outside, their tracks disappearing after a couple of hundred feet.
Those few parents who woke up during the night recall a weird fog and the sound of laughter...
Jericho Cantrell

After getting the information, jericho'll rub his face as he say's
"that's....2 youngun's a night. Our unfriendly guest started in the settlement knowing full well that it'd start a mob on both end's out for the other's blood, so he knows about the tension between you two....Sheriff, you got a current Map of the area? If i'm right, he'll be hiding out somewhere they can easily get betwixt the two spots."
Turning his attention to the two Representative's, he'll say
"Get every child that's left to both sides in one defensible location, prefrable the Sheriff's Office but the Inn's next best choice. Four guards at all times, two from each group, will be watching the youngsters left.This Feud of yern's enabled this Somabitch to kidnap 13 innocent children. IT. STOPS. NOW. Jig & Ennex, take the wagon and go with the Shashone and anyone living outside of Town to pick up the rest of the kids. And get back here as fast as you can before dark, they're gonna try at least once more. Me & Haru'll gather as many is left here. Let's turn the Hunter in the Hunted..."
OOC:All this us just Jericho guessing based on available information & what he knows of hunting Pathology. If i need to roll for any of this, let me know...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Yeah, I got a map in my office", the Sheriff says. Turning to the two groups, he continues, " You heard the man! Round up your kids and get them to the saloon."
" So you want us to hand over our children to you now? Is it too much work to abduct them?" one of the Natives asks, his voice trembling with anger.
" Yeah, like we want their brood with our kids..put their souls in danger", comes from the other mob.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:12 am " Yeah, I got a map in my office", the Sheriff says. Turning to the two groups, he continues, " You heard the man! Round up your kids and get them to the saloon."
" So you want us to hand over our children to you now? Is it too much work to abduct them?" one of the Natives asks, his voice trembling with anger.
" Yeah, like we want their brood with our kids..put their souls in danger", comes from the other mob.
Jericho Cantrell

Spinning back around to face the Two groups, the Lamplighter grind's out between clenched teeth
"WOULD YOU LOT RATHER BURY 'EM ALL INSTEAD?! 'Cause make NO mistake, this Sumnbitch is on the damn hunt and ALL of your Kids is the Prey their goin' after! GET.THEM.HERE.NOW!"
Not waiting for the group's to acknowledge what he said, Jericho'll head for the Sheriff's Office, going just fast enough for Haru & the Sheriff to keep up....
OOC: I'll use my Watcher's Eye Background Feature to find where the Sheriff's Office is. If i need to roll anything, let me know & i'll plant it here...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

"There is no need for shouting," Haru says. She looks to one group then the other and back as she continues, "These people did not take your children. And these people did not take yours. You have a common enemy and yet you fight amongst each other while your enemy kidnaps your children. You should be looking for the similarities you share. Instead you focus on the petty differences and allow that to divide you. Is this the example you wish your children to learn from? To be guided by your fears in lieu of your strengths? To be closed of mind? While we look for your children, perhaps you all should look inside yourselves and decide if you like what you find."
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Ennex Wandi
HP-38 | AC-16 | Ki-5 | PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 | LANGUAGES: Galactic Standard, Greek, Arabic

Having watched the heated argument in silence, the cat girl finally speaks up, addressing both groups, "And here I thought you'd be happy to help us find and return your missing children, but I guess you'd rather fight each other instead?"

"Come to think of it," Ennex muses aloud while stroking her chin. "Since you evidently don't care about your remaining children, we could use them as bait. At nightfall, we'll wait until we spot one of your kids wandering off and then we just follow it. And since you still have a bunch of children, we'll have plenty of chances to try again if we miss one."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

Jig frowns at the general unhelpfulness created by the biases of almost everyone here but otherwise has little to add to the multitude of tactics employed by her companions.

"We're sorry for all your losses." she says simply to both groups.
[If anything, I intended that would be advantage to Haru's Persuasion.]
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" What?" one of the men cries out when Ennex makes her suggestion, " You...monster would use our kids?"
" No. We will not allow that!" one of the Natives agrees.
There is a bunch of shouting and clamoring, but for now, it seems that the two groups are of one mind.
As you wander off, they all do the same, apparently to get their children.

Finding the Sheriff's office is not too hard, Battle Mountain being far from a metropolis.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

DM wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:02 am " What?" one of the men cries out when Ennex makes her suggestion, " You...monster would use our kids?"
" No. We will not allow that!" one of the Natives agrees.
There is a bunch of shouting and clamoring, but for now, it seems that the two groups are of one mind.
As you wander off, they all do the same, apparently to get their children.

Finding the Sheriff's office is not too hard, Battle Mountain being far from a metropolis.
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

Once inside the Sheriff's office, jericho'll practically collapse into a chair. Taking off his hat, he'll run his hand over his face.
"Gods, i hate acting like that....I'm sorry Sheriff, it's trifle rude not to do introductions; the one with the Wagon is Jig, the Catwoman is Ennex, the lovely woman what accompanied us is Haru and i'm Jericho."
Once introductions are done and the map gotten, the Cowboy'll grab something to mark with as he say's
"Now let's see where your sleeping your day away.Haru, fill me in on locations..."
OOC: Alright, i'm going to roll either an Insight or Survival check to figure out where he's camping at. My reasoning is he/she has to have somewhere to keep those kid's and with no bodies being reported, that mean's they're alive.
Base Roll:19+2=21--if it's an Insight, the number shoots to 24. If it's Survival(which i think it is), it get's jacked to 27 due to Deft Explorer...