[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

Original Post
Original Original Post
So I've got an itching to run a game and I figure where better to do it that here? So down below is a couple of ideas and you fine people can tell me what strikes your fancy.

Hyperion Academy (PL8/120)
You are the newest students at one of the world's greatest schools for future superheroes, hope you can survive the experience!

The City of Tomorrow! (PL10/150)
A glittering metropolis known just as much for its stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife as its cutting edge tech companies and prestigious universities. Tomorrow's protector the high-flying, raygun wielding, gadgeteer party girl The Futurist needs a vacation and she has put the word out that she's looking of people to keep her city safe.

Shade Academy (PL8/120)
Set in the world of Remnant, you are new students at the Huntsman academy in the desert kingdom of Vacuo. For those who care, this would take place somewhere around the first season of the show.
Looks like City of Tomorrow is the crowd favourite so lets get the ball rolling, I'm aiming for a fairly standard kitchen-sink supers game and if you have any questions about the setting or what have you I'm more than happy to field them. The game's PL10 (150) and I'll be looking for 4-5 players (but I'll also taking alternates because stuff happens), the only thing that I will ask for is how your character heard about the Futurists offer. Have you worked together before? Does she know you by reputation? Are you already a hero in Tomorrow? Were you recommended by somebody else? Some other fifth thing I haven't thought of?

Also I have a few house rules for character creation that are below, oh and to sweeten the deal (and because I had this lying around from a previous iteration of the game) anyone who doesn't already have a place to stay gets to crash at the Futurist's sweet beach house.
Houserules
Alternate Resistance
Alternate Resistance Fortitude, Toughness & Will are all ranked as +0/per rank Extras.

Dodge & Parry
Both are gone, replaced with a single stat called Defence that costs 1/per rank. You get a point of Defence for each rank of Agility/Fighting you have.

Growth/Shrinking
Growth is a little too good for its point cost and Shrinking just isn't worth it, you want to be a different size rank buy it as a feature.

Luck
Gone. Instead, everyone starts each adventure with 3 Hero Points
The City of Tomorrow! (PL10/150)
A glittering metropolis known just as much for its stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife as its cutting edge tech companies and prestigious universities. Tomorrow's protector the high-flying, raygun wielding, gadgeteer party girl The Futurist needs a vacation and she has put the word out that she's looking of people to keep her city safe.
PCs
Mason DeSnow:Master Mage of St.Baptiste! by MacynSnow
Nightsong:Heroine of The Shadows! by Neo-Paladin
Fulgur Alveo: Lightning Swarm ! by Tony Jones
Tacticool: FPS Heroine! by Batgirl III
Crown Princess:Ring Bearing Royalty! by Gunmetal_Rainbow
Doll Girl:Diminutive Action Heroine! by jmucchiello
Eliza's Sweet Beach House (12ep)
Size Small
Toughness 10
Traits Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Intelligent (Holly), Laboratory, Living Space, Personnel (Swarms of Mechanical Spiders), Power System, Workshop
Enemies
Lion-Man #1 INCAPACITATED
Lion-Man #2 Staggered/Bruised x3 INCAPACITATED
Lion-Man #3 Bruised x1
Lion-Man #4 Bruised x4 INCAPACITATED
Lion-Man #5 Bruised x2
Lion-Man #6 Staggered/Bruised x3 INCAPACITATED
Last edited by Dodgson on Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 am, edited 26 times in total.
Supernaturalist

Re: Interest Check

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'm only playing one game (although I'm running 2 characters in that game). I might be interested in either your 1st or 2nd settings. I don't know anything about the "world of Remnant".
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

2e? 3e?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Hoid wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:58 pm2e? 3e?
3E, I should probably put that in the first post.
jmucchiello

Re: Interest Check (M&M 3E)

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm sick of student games and PL8 frankly. So I'm voting for #2.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I would be up for Option 1 or 2- with a general preference for 1.

Don't know even a little about RWBY and my brain doesn't have the space for another fandom...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm intrested in all three, so here's my Concepts for Butterfly enjoyment...
Cerberus(Bernard Byron/Hyperion Academy)--a mildly modified Young Mage Archetype from Hero High. Anyone who play's with me knows this is my got to Magic build....
The Snowman(Mason DeSnow/City of Tomorrow!)--My version of NFL SuperPro, he's basically a Brick build with a potential for field leadership...
Nathaniel "Nate" Trevelyan(Shade Academy)--Using the Monster Hunter archetype from Supernatural Handbook, he'd be my attempt at a Remnant Legacy...

Allez Comments! :lol:
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

I'd be interested in 1 or 2. Don't know anything about RWBY, so can't judge...
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

They all seem like neat ideas. I could work with any of the three, but I really like the second option. Feels like a straight Silver age protectors of the city affair that would lean towards heroes are heroic type characters, and I like that.

Too many attempts at antiheroes and loner types.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I'd love to play in another game...1 or 2 would interest me most.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

I think if you were to run 1, I'd convert a character I'd written up for a MHA game in another system with the power to swap the positions of two things she's touched. I think it'd be easy enough to do.

If you did 2.. might need a bit more thought, but again, heroes are heroic would be my thought process on it.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

While i like all three myself, 2 might be the easier to do as you really just need to Re-flavor the Emerald City Knights campaign.Start off in Chapter 3(Futurist replaces Mars in this case, who might make for a neat PC build now that i think about it...) and it turn's into a Good "Avengers movie 1" Campaign.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I like school games and I would LOVE a RWBY game! My votes would be 3 then 1.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Gonna leave things a little longer but with mostly 1 & 2s, a not 2 and a single 3 I think I know which way the wind's blowing on this one.
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:05 pmWhile i like all three myself, 2 might be the easier to do as you really just need to Re-flavor the Emerald City Knights campaign.Start off in Chapter 3(Futurist replaces Mars in this case, who might make for a neat PC build now that i think about it...) and it turn's into a Good "Avengers movie 1" Campaign.
That would hinge on me ever having read Emerald City Knights, so I'm gonna be shooting from the hip on this one!
Vivid wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 pmI like school games and I would LOVE a RWBY game! My votes would be 3 then 1.
I'd love to run a RWBY game too (miiiiiight even be convinced to run two games if need be), but unfortunately we'd need at least 4 players, still it could happen, stranger things have happened at sea.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Do not forget my not 1 or 3. :)

And not that I want a RWBY game, you will get 4 players. Most games around here have 10 or more people submit characters for the chance to participate.