[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by MacynSnow »

Mason DeSnow
HP-3 CND-Fine CURRENT LOCATION--Futurist's Beach House, City Of Tomorrow

When it comes to his "Turn on Stage", Mason will lightly touch the tip of Doll Girl's Rose as he passes her, letting it shrink down to a proper size for her. The "Stage Mage" will start doing a Card routine as he talk's
"Since introduction's are necessary,(He'll pull a Deck of Sealed Card's out of Doll Girl's shrinking Rose)my name is Mason DeSnow, Mage Protector of St.Baptiste DeLoua Louisiana and hereabouts(he has Tacticool unwrap the cards and remove the Joker's & rules insert).Amongst all of us...Charming people, i've known the Futurist & Tomorrow the longest, aside from a native(he'll have Nightsong cut & re-shuffle the Cards).Fair Warning: there's been rather ungainly rumours 'bout me for some time. All i'll say to them is A True Southern Gentleman never kisses & tells(Mason'll have Harmonia pick and hold onto a Card as he moves back to the Center of the room).In the end Ladies, i am your Humble servant and Guide(He'll end the trick by showing every card face up & standing on the table being the EXACT card Harmonia picked & kept)..."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl

Doll Girl pouts at first when the rose shrinks. Then she smiles as she pushes the stem into her hair, so the rose sits right of center on her head.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

She chuckles as Mason talks, shuffling the cards without really paying attention.
" You remind me of someone I knew a long time ago. Fellow by the name of Alkibiades. Could talk his way into any bedchamber and out of any trouble...and into even more. Charming, sure and...a man of certain very...useful... skills...but he also managed to get himself exiled from every large Greek city in turn. The gift of gab is a true blessing, but it should never be overused."
She stands up for a moment, bowing. " As for blessings...I'm Nightsong...or Elena, to friends. And I'm a demigoddess. My mother is the Night. From her and from my uncle - Darkness - I got some weapons and the ability to move through and shroud myself in my uncle's shadow."
For a brief moment, it becomes darker and darker in the room, before she has things return to normal.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

"Thank you!" she says to Mason, plucking the rose from the air and holding it in her left hand. She smiles and applauds politely at his card trick.

"As I said, I'm Melissa Andronikos," she continues. Her voice takes on a more profound resonance as she slips into speaking not English but whatever the native language of the person hearing her is. "But you might have heard of me as Fulgur Alveo. I can turn into a swarm of bees that can shoot lightning, and have other powers too. I do not know my origins, but I suspect there might be some connection to the Greek pantheon in there somewhere."
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

Elena beams at her. " That would make us cousins! Or...something like that."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: Fine

"Maybe!" Melissa replied with a smile. "I don't know what the relationship is, if any. I have been visited by women claiming to be the Thriae, the patrons of bees from Greek mythology, but they've never made a great deal of sense... And the only Greek god with lightning powers I'm aware of is Zeus, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about being related to him!"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

" I hear you. His...antics caused a lot of trouble. And not just him. Can't tell you how often I had to deal with a monster created by one god or other who'd thrown a tantrum. Mom was always apart from most of the other gods. Even Zeus respected her. Glad I am not related to him, though. Our family reunions were awkward enough as it is. We love each other, but...we're a quirky bunch. With Hypnos constantly sleepwalking, Nemesis complaining about some grudge and Eris...being Eris. And Death hogging the snacks. Plus I never really got over how awkward it is that mom and my uncle are...like...really into each other."
She shrugs. " But enough about me. Doll Girl was it, right? Where do you come from? Did someone...make you?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
HP: 3; Condition: Serious

The resting perpetual smile on Doll Girl's face fades and she seems much older now as she speaks, her voice lacking the bubbles she had previously. "Not on purpose, Nightsong. I worked for a large chemical company doing work for a doll company trying to refine the polymers used to create dolls such as how I look now. One night in the lab there was an accident and my life seemingly ended. A couple weeks later I awoke as I am now among other prototype dolls. I have no idea how I ended up like this but I'm making the best of it. Why I can fly or my other powers exist--" the card from Mason's card trick glows pink, rises from the table, and streaks across the room embedding itself in a wall "--is mystery as well."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess HP: 3 - Condition: Healthy

"Oh my, and I was a little concerned my status might make things feel a little awkward, but we have an actual Goddess present." she smiles and tilts her head respectfully to Nightsong, taking the woman at her word of her background. She did have a little idea of who each of these others were, but information was a little more on the scarce side for some of them. Nightsong she'd recognized as a hunter in the night, but did not know of her deific heritage.

She'd been going along with Mason's antics, but carefully not being drawn in by them, given the rumors about the man. He certainly made it easy to beleive some of those rumors, but he seemed like a fundamentally good person.

Doll Girl was one she hadn't heard much of, but with such a small stature, she could understand her slipping under the notice of most and sounding like a rumor unto herself. After all, who is going to admit to being defeated by someone so lacking in stature. Still though, she had heart, that much was evident even without knowing much of her exploits, though it did make Harmonia reconsider some of the rumors she had heard about a mini-hero.

Tacticool seemed like an enthusiastic young woman. From what Harmonia knew, Tacticool was fairly new on the scene, but making a name for herself surely enough and eager to proove herself. It reminded Harmonia of her own first year wearing the Regalia and made her like the young heroine all the more.

Melissa also seemed like a promising ally, having been active about as long as Harmonia herself. The way her voice shifted caught Harmonia's attention though. Versed as she was in wordly languages, while she understood Melissa clearly, there was a 'quality' her voice took she picked up on. She didn't knwo what it was, but it did catch her attention at least.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

" Demi-goddess, actually. My dad was mortal. And I...well, I don't age, but Death is probably not going to make an exception if someone does me in. He might be my half-brother but he takes his work very seriously." She smirks slightly. That had been one hell of an awkward conversation, she recalled.
" And Doll Girl, hats off to you. It takes a lot for someone to be hit with such an event and then decide to use these abilities for good instead of letting doubt or fear take over."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticool
HP: 3; Conditions: Normal

“Wow... Like... Gods? Actual gods?” Tacticool said shaking her head, “But... I thought Nyx was the mother of Hypnos, Thanatos, and Eris. I didn’t know she had mortal children.”

And to think, Pop had said she was wasting too much time on that game trying to unlock all the lore entries.

“Gods-slash-demigods, wizards, and a legit head of state... Sort of feeling inadequate over here!” she feigned an overly dramatic sigh, “I don’t even have a colorful costume! Maybe I should finish debugging the code on that jet pack....”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl

She says to Tacticool, "Don't discount the value of being normal height." She then looks around and her face automatically returns to a smiling state. "But that's enough being morose," her voice is an octave higher and vivacious. "So when are we going to play together?"
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticool
HP: 3; Conditions: Normal

“Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do and I do it well,” Tacticool replied to the diminutive Doll Girl, “But I think it’d be pretty cool to be able to fly. I mean, isn’t that like #1 on every kid’s list of super-power day-dreams? Well, that and being able to turn invisible so they can sneak into the boy’s locker room...”[/quote]
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Tacticool wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 pm “Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do and I do it well,” Tacticool replied to the diminutive Doll Girl, “But I think it’d be pretty cool to be able to fly. I mean, isn’t that like #1 on every kid’s list of super-power day-dreams? Well, that and being able to turn invisible so they can sneak into the boy’s locker room...”
Mason DeSnow
HP-3 CND-Fine

Leaning forward, Mason'll take a napkin H.O.L.L.Y. Had provided for their lunch and start turning it into a "Paper Caterpillar" as he say's
"you gotta remember Chér, we all started just like you. Just starting out in the world like this here Chenille(Caterpillar).." Everybody will see a Caterpillar made out of a Napkin crawling along the table, just about the right size for Doll Girl to "Ride".
"And like our little friend, you too will one day 'grow' and become a truly Unique Papillon(Butterfly)." you'll see the Caterpillar go through the metamorphosis stage lightning quick, as it becomes a Napkin made Butterfly which light's lightly onto Tacticool's head.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

" I'm the only one of her children that's part mortal. Thing is, I'm not as flashy as Heracles or Achill and like to do my work from the shadows. So Homer and all the others didn't write about me. I didn't want the fame anyway. Let the others have it", she says to Tacticool with nod. " Also makes it much easier to play bait for some nighttime predator, human or otherwise."