Monstervision Studios Presents...(M&M 3e Recruitment Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Monstervision Studios Presents...(M&M 3e Recruitment Thread)

Post by MacynSnow »

MonsterVision is an American variety series that aired on TNT from early 1991 to September 2000. (There is no clear air date for the first MonsterVision but the oldest known video footage of the marathon is from 1991.) The series was hosted by Joe Bob Briggs from 1995 to 2000, and featured mainly classic horror and schlock films from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

My idea is Simple:I will select 5 PC's Per "Movie"(anyone placed on the "Studio Regulars List" may be selected for the Next "Movie",while the Former PC's are placed on the list) and place them within either a Classic-Themed Horror Movie(Night of The Living Dead,Children Of The Corn,etc..)Game OR a Schlock-Themed Film(Deathstalker,Solvent Green,Them,etc..).The only requirements are these:
--PL is 6 total(if your off by2-3 points,i don't care.I have the same bad habit myself so...)
--The More Obvious your "powers",the more "The Studio Executives" is gonna select Schlock...
--If more than 2 people have overlap with their stuff,i might set you up as an "Investigation Team"(Depending on Audience Selection...)...

New Mechanics:
I'm adding a couple of new things to the system(Only from Monstervision Studio's! :D ) and they are...
Monster Save-The idea is simple: Ounce(maybe more,depending on the movie)per session,per PC,you must make a Target DC Number of 12+"Monster PL"(Which will be stated at the Begining of "Rehersal's",aka:The OOC Thread).The "Cast" Roll's using their Highest Stat as a plus,those Failing the Save are slated for a "Death Scene" in the "Movie"....
The Studio Executives-For those that don't want to be part of the Cast or Studio Regulars,you still have a say in what's done by being part of "The Studio Executives".Twice per "Movie",the Exec's(by way of Most Votes)get's to decide what the Monster Does in relation to the "Movie" Itself....

The Cast:
TBA

The Studio Regulars List:
TBA

Upcoming Attractions:
They Came From Space! Player Starting PL-6 "Monster" PL-9
Summary=The small midwestern town of Little Creek was perfectly normal untill "Those new Neighbors from out of Town" started sealing off the town....

The Eville Motel Player Starting PL-6 "Monster(s)" PL-10
Summary=When a High School "Vacation Bus" Break's down in the Middle of Nowehere,the Students&Driver are happy when they spot a Motel in the Distance&make for it,never realizing that sometimes it's better to wait at the Stranded Vehical...

The Whisper Player Starting PL-8 "Monster" PL-11
Summary=When Scientist at a remote Lab discover a Different Dimension than our own,they unknowingly unleash something terrifying that procede's to stalk them one by one.The only way to tell it's there is if you hear a whisper....

Gigantus! Starting Player PL-9 "Monster" PL-13
Summary=Off the Coast of Japan,an Island is found to be Rich in Minerals&resources.As the Govt.Procedes to set-up way's to Exploit this Beautiful Island,they Unknowingly Unleash a Creature of Ancient Myth....

Director's Couch:
I've decided to change this into a 3e game because,really,i've been running a couple of RL 3e games&feel i can now run an effective one...

Andrew suggested that i put down PL/PP requirements&such(which i honestly forgot to do...) so i decided to do one a little better...The only suggestions i have for sub's is that your "Actors/Actresses" have a decent Presence(as 99.999% of Hollywood/Bollywood star's tend to be good looking people..) and remember to think along the Lines of Eroll Flynn&Audrey Hepburn,not Adam Sandler& late Zsa Zsa Gabor...
also note that the "Monster" PL is just to show you what your up against,as you can't "Play" the Villian... :D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Re: Monstervision Studios Presents...(M&M 2e Intrest/Possible Recruitment Thread)

Post by Flynnarrel »

What kinds of character submissions are you looking for?
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Re: Monstervision Studios Presents...(M&M 2e Intrest/Possible Recruitment Thread)

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote:What kinds of character submissions are you looking for?
I'm looking for characters in the line of the people from the 50's to 70's Movie Characters(Think along the lines of Good Ensemble Cast's,but with Leading Role Potential:Folks like Michael York,Peter Ustinov,Charleton Heston,Curt Conners,Lee Majors,Leigh Taylor-Young,Julie Adams, Vincent Price,Joan Weldon,James Arness,James Whitmore,Basically any Drive-In Movies from the Era's will get you going...) but you can really make any character you want,just don't be suprised if they "Die".... :)
quistar

Re: Monstervision Studios Presents...(M&M 3e Recruitment Thread)

Post by quistar »

So a different character for each movie? And which feature is first on the marquee?

Andrew
quistar

Post by quistar »

Here's a thought. What if we each select and stat an "actor" to play in all the films, but change the role each time? Odds are it would lead to fun typecasting.

Andrew
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

This sounds a little like the 'Dream Park' game, same character with adjustments based upon environment? A setting related variable pool?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

quistar wrote:So a different character for each movie? And which feature is first on the marquee?

Andrew
The First one up Depend's on the "Studio Execuctives" Pic....I'm hoping for Gigantus myself.... :)
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

quistar wrote:Here's a thought. What if we each select and stat an "actor" to play in all the films, but change the role each time? Odds are it would lead to fun typecasting.

Andrew
That was actually what my Plan was for:everybody makes one "Actor/Actress" type & we see what "Role" they'd play...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote:This sounds a little like the 'Dream Park' game, same character with adjustments based upon environment? A setting related variable pool?
Depending on the "Star Power"(Re:What everyone's PL is),the Cast would get a Variable Pool to add to their "Base Actor/Actress"&go from there..

as an aside:I've never actually played 'Dream Park',is it any good?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

'Dream Park' was a more interesting concept based on a series of novels that I never read. ;)

Systematically, well.. it was close to 25 years ago, a merger (Fuzion system) between Cyberpunk 2020 and HERO. Systems, in general, have evolved since then.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry to see that this one isn't getting enough lift. It was an interesting concept.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote:Sorry to see that this one isn't getting enough lift. It was an interesting concept.
i know right?But that's the risk you take sometimes.....Easy come,easy go.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I've been on a build kick lately and tried to do something for this game. After about thirty minutes, realized that I didn't even know what you were looking for :(
quistar

Post by quistar »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 pm Sorry to see that this one isn't getting enough lift. It was an interesting concept.
Well, are there enough people to get this going?

Andrew
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:20 pm I've been on a build kick lately and tried to do something for this game. After about thirty minutes, realized that I didn't even know what you were looking for :(
What I'm looking for is PC's that would fit in a "Movie"-Like universe(Think older movies more than Newer ones...More Pulpy-ish.)...Think along the Lines of Hercules,the Legendary Journey's....Xena,Warrior Princess.....The Old Shadow Movies&Serials...those type of PC's(only with no pwers as they're just "Actors" right now...).