(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #2

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner

Going down that far would be a challenge, the pressures incredible.. and there was question of just how far down.. did she have enough air? Liz quickly surfaced, springing from the water to get a great breath of air before diving back down. She shimmered once more, trying to hide her presence as she seeks the poor neighbor 'Machines'.
Stealth: _: 1D20+19 = [6]+19 = 25
Perception: _: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11 Accurate: Hearing, Darkvision
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
ZenGypsy

Re: Adventure #2 - Magnaflux

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

The middle-aged waitress dropped a couple of menus on the table and began pouring Ortiz's cup. When she moved toward Magnaflux, she looked at him for the first time, a bit of recognition on her face. "You look familiar. You somebody famous?"

Ortiz, who had brought the cup toward her mouth, snickered.
He raised an eyebrow at Ortiz's snicker, looked back to the waitress, "Just a jarhead from oversea's ma'am. I did my EOD and AIEDD training at Eglin AFB, you got family who served?" He shrugged, turned back to Ortiz, "After Sala'aq the brass gave me an honorable discharge, but I still spent upwards of seven months in and out of the Miami VAMC, then another three training with the PSB to get a handle on myself." He paused as he spoke, dipped his toast in the yolk, sopping up the runny liquid, took a bite, then continued. "My ex- had moved in with her new husband while I was deployed. So I sold it, kept my old man's car. A '67 Impala," he smiled, "so you're on medical leave, you up for a day trip to Miami, help a jarhead find a new apartment?"
DeusPravus

Re: Adventure #2 - Shaper

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
jcjec wrote: As Bryan opened the door, he found a teenager standing at his door, barely 18 years old. The kid had a big smile as he looked at his savantphone, obviously finding something funny on it. Without looking up, the kid says "ten dollars, sixty-five cents," and holds the bag out to him.
All that getting worked up, over a sandwich. Bryan, you really need to let off some steam soon... Shaper though to himself, as he dug out the appropriate bills from his wallet. Kid wasn't even paying attention to him. But then again, would someone like this even pay attention or care if he knew who he was delivering to?

Bryan closed the door, and altered his clothing back to his costume once more (OOC: routine Expertise science check). Bringing back up the attempts to access the cameras and search once more, Shaper reclined at his desk. Hopefully this isn't a gigantic waste of time...
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Waverunner

Post by jcjec »

Swimming back toward the Straits in a rough estimate of what she believed was the path taken by the fish, Waverunner soon found herself heading in the direction of Cuba. When she actually hits the open water area of the Straits, she starts to feel a vibration coming from ahead. She hears the rumbling of machinery and something digging into the seabed, and once she gets within view, she is able to see a long pipe leading from the sea floor up to a platform above, coming down at roughly a sixty degree angle, rather than an expected 90. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the fish were talking about an active oil rig; one of several in the area, but the only one that is running.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

ZenGypsy wrote:He raised an eyebrow at Ortiz's snicker, looked back to the waitress, "Just a jarhead from oversea's ma'am. I did my EOD and AIEDD training at Eglin AFB, you got family who served?" He shrugged, turned back to Ortiz, "After Sala'aq the brass gave me an honorable discharge, but I still spent upwards of seven months in and out of the Miami VAMC, then another three training with the PSB to get a handle on myself." He paused as he spoke, dipped his toast in the yolk, sopping up the runny liquid, took a bite, then continued. "My ex- had moved in with her new husband while I was deployed. So I sold it, kept my old man's car. A '67 Impala," he smiled, "so you're on medical leave, you up for a day trip to Miami, help a jarhead find a new apartment?"
Ortiz rubbed her eyes, certain that her meds were off because she felt as though she had missed a bit of time, but smiled at the handsome soldier sitting across from her. "Is that your fancy way of asking me out, soldier boy?"
Jim C.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

DeusPravus wrote:All that getting worked up, over a sandwich. Bryan, you really need to let off some steam soon... Shaper though to himself, as he dug out the appropriate bills from his wallet. Kid wasn't even paying attention to him. But then again, would someone like this even pay attention or care if he knew who he was delivering to?

Bryan closed the door, and altered his clothing back to his costume once more (OOC: routine Expertise science check). Bringing back up the attempts to access the cameras and search once more, Shaper reclined at his desk. Hopefully this isn't a gigantic waste of time...
Just as he was ready to pull the sandwich out the bag, the video feed from across the street of the hydrant showed someone near it. It was hard to make out any details, though, as the person was covered by a trenchcoat and large hat, which was strange for the Florida environment. He was hunched over slightly and seemed to be stumbling along, shivering as if very cold. It took backing the video feed up a couple of times to realize that the person actually touched the hydrant with a gloved hand, but when they did, it instantly began to transform.
Jim C.

ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

Victoria Ortiz wrote:"Is that your fancy way of asking me out, soldier boy?"
Seth smirked, shook his head, "Nah, that's a road trip." He figured that since he now had an official position with the PSB as an ambiguously titled 'consultant', and was affiliated with the Miami Branch of Strikeforce, it might be time to put down roots. While he had become accustomed to re-locations while he was deployed, he now had an opportunity for some stability.

He shrugged, and held his hands out as if in a quandary, "Me asking you out would probably involve me canvassing your squad mates to figure out that you have a thing for Cuban food. I'd probably make reservations at La Rosa's in Little Havana, which is a short trip from the Cabaret on South Beach, where I'd go if I was planning on ending a date with some drinks."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:2 Cnd: Flustered and Frustrated

Stephyn simply stared at Fontaine. The anger was visibly evident in his stance, the set of his jaw, the glare of his eyes. A part of him, a huge part of him wanted to lunge across the distance between the two and throttle the man with his bare hands. And as satisfying as that fantasy would seem, Stephyn couldn't help by wonder how much of that hate was actually his and how much of it was fueled by the beast within him. That thought and that thought alone held the young sorcerer in check.

The breath that flowed from his lips was a measured one, the reply quiet...not with rage or suppressed anger but with a weariness that belied his age, " I was a Knight out there...I did what a knight would do. I protected mankind and mankind's hope and dreams. I put myself in the way of evil intent and I did so at a request for help...and of my own honor."

The want to stare into Fontaine's eyes was tremendous. However, Stephyn had been in this position often enough to know that this was exactly the response that Fontaine wanted. No, it was better to not glare angrily at the Magister and fall for his baiting. Bowing his head down as he stared into the floor between them, "Sanguis enim eorum vitam...Our blood for their life. That is the Consilium's moto. Our life to prevent theirs ending. It is a simple thing. We die for them to live. That was all I was doing. I was honoring that pact..." it was a quiet whisper, yet it held a weight of belief few could match.

"I did it then. I will do it again. I will always do it as that is what I was born to do."

The words hang for a couple of heartbeats, then...

"As for Consilium de Lumire....not like I was wearing a school uniform nor passing around pamplets for enrollment. I am fairly certain no one that watches the video will even connect me with anything concerning the Consilium. It's not like I look like the model Mage Knight de Lumire."
The last was delivered with a slightly mocking tone.
Last edited by Shadowbourne on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

The corporal laughed. "OK, walking the fine line between cute and stalker there, but you're making it work. You tell me what color underwear I put on this morning, though, and I'm gone."

The two of you sit and chit-chat through the rest of your breakfast.

((OOC: Pressing the pause button on this scene to let some of the other ones catch up.))
Jim C.

jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Wraith

Post by jcjec »

Shadowbourne wrote:"As for Consilium de Lumire....not like I was wearing a school uniform nor passing around pamplets for enrollment. I am fairly certain no one that watches the video will even connect me with anything concerning the Consilium. It's not like I look like the model Mage Knight de Lumire."[/color] The last was delivered with a slightly mocking tone.
"At last, something we can agree upon." In spite of the words used, Fontaine's voice had lost some of its bite. "Do what you must, but if your activities cause our organization to be revealed, you will pay for your errors.... all of them. You are dismissed." Without waiting for a response, the older man turned once again, his monitors returned to what they held before.

When Wraith returned to the entryway, Norman said "that didn't take long" while pulling a small bin, holding his belongings, from beneath the desk. As it hit the top, the radio inside buzzed.
Jim C.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
jcjec wrote:Just as he was ready to pull the sandwich out the bag, the video feed from across the street of the hydrant showed someone near it. It was hard to make out any details, though, as the person was covered by a trenchcoat and large hat, which was strange for the Florida environment. He was hunched over slightly and seemed to be stumbling along, shivering as if very cold. It took backing the video feed up a couple of times to realize that the person actually touched the hydrant with a gloved hand, but when they did, it instantly began to transform.
It took Shaper a moment to catch the change, the touch that lead to the hydrant turning to gold. Hmm, bingo. Of course, unfortunately, the person's face was obscured but could get some general stuff like height and approximate build. If they aren't using a method to hide their identity further, such as a hologram, shapershifting, using a robot stand-in. etc. Why can't the world be a simple place at times like these...

Shaper did his best to backtrack where the mysterious figure came from using the cameras, hoping to catch a glimpse of a face, or some identifying mark.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner

It was.. awkward.. dealing with oil companies. They were highly territorial, often in places where they were the local government and if they were.. well, they too often had too much influence over the local government for it to really matter.

She reached into her bag and pulled out her Coast Guard provided comm device. One of their brighter ideas was to include a coordinate system so that she could provide that information when calling it. Much better than the first few times when she tried to provide poorly described underwater geological landmarks. Take a left at the big shiver of sharks and head down a few hundred miles wasn't really... helpful.

But, even if she wasn't going to call them, she could at least mark the location for further research; if something was actually wrong.

Right now, well.. she could try to gather some information, make some mental notes to make sure that they were complying with the laws of man. She shuddered, hoping that GreenWarrior wasn't here. That could get really messy. She didn't need to add ecological terrorism on top of criminal trespass.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Waverunner

Post by jcjec »

When Waverunner activated the coordinate system, her current location showed her that she was currently floating in Cuban waters.

Having been in the southern waters for a while, she knows that Cuba has three producing offshore oil fields within 5 km of its north coast opposite Florida. The US Geological Survey estimates that the North Cuba Basin contains 5,500,000,000 barrels (870,000,000 m3) of undiscovered petroleum liquids and 9.8 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, almost all in the offshore part of the basin. In 2004 a Spanish oil company drilled in deep Cuban waters between Cuba and the Florida Keys, and found an oil deposit; the deposit was judged noncommercial, and the hole was plugged. In October 2008, Cuba signed an agreement with a Brazilian state oil company that provided them with the rights to drill for oil and gas in deep waters off the north shore of Cuba. In July 2009, Cuba signed an agreement with the Russian government giving a Russian oil company oil exploration rights off the north shore of Cuba. By May 2011, the Brazilians had withdrawn from the 2008 agreement due to poor prospects.

You are currently floating just off from that Brazilian rig, and it is far from shut down.
Jim C.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

DeusPravus wrote:It took Shaper a moment to catch the change, the touch that lead to the hydrant turning to gold. Hmm, bingo. Of course, unfortunately, the person's face was obscured but could get some general stuff like height and approximate build. If they aren't using a method to hide their identity further, such as a hologram, shapershifting, using a robot stand-in. etc. Why can't the world be a simple place at times like these...

Shaper did his best to backtrack where the mysterious figure came from using the cameras, hoping to catch a glimpse of a face, or some identifying mark.
While Shaper was able to track the man (and by now, he was certain that it was a male, somewhere between 5'10 and 6'2 and Caucasian, due to a gap at one point between coat cuff and glove) to the ocean front beach, but without cameras along the beach, had lost his origin point. Also tracking him from the hydrant forward ended with him going into a dark alley, but not emerging again.
Jim C.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
jcjec wrote: While Shaper was able to track the man (and by now, he was certain that it was a male, somewhere between 5'10 and 6'2 and Caucasian, due to a gap at one point between coat cuff and glove) to the ocean front beach, but without cameras along the beach, had lost his origin point. Also tracking him from the hydrant forward ended with him going into a dark alley, but not emerging again.
Hmm, sadly looks to be a dead end. Shaper wasn't sure if it was a case of someone trying to impersonate him, but given the close proximity, the unknown party was surely trying to get his attention. They certainly have it. Now the question is whether this unknown has any relation with matters at CREST and the Omnisphere, or something else entirely. Bryan thought back to that fateful day, when the lab exploded and he lost so many people he cared about. He had heard that there were other survivors besides him, but public information on their whereabouts or conditions was lacking after the incident.

Feeling frustrated, Shaper drew up a log file in his display, grouping together the footage he gathered with what little information he had on everyone from CREST. There were too many unknown variables in play. Feeling a need to clear his head, Shaper stepped out into the daylight, and flew to a nearby park. Some fresh air and basking in the sunlight might do me well... really need a drinking buddy for times like these.