(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Shaper

Post by jcjec »

DeusPravus wrote:Hmm, sadly looks to be a dead end. Shaper wasn't sure if it was a case of someone trying to impersonate him, but given the close proximity, the unknown party was surely trying to get his attention. They certainly have it. Now the question is whether this unknown has any relation with matters at CREST and the Omnisphere, or something else entirely. Bryan thought back to that fateful day, when the lab exploded and he lost so many people he cared about. He had heard that there were other survivors besides him, but public information on their whereabouts or conditions was lacking after the incident.

Feeling frustrated, Shaper drew up a log file in his display, grouping together the footage he gathered with what little information he had on everyone from CREST. There were too many unknown variables in play. Feeling a need to clear his head, Shaper stepped out into the daylight, and flew to a nearby park. Some fresh air and basking in the sunlight might do me well... really need a drinking buddy for times like these.
As he flies out his window, Shaper realizes that there's something about the list he just compiled that was odd -- the number of employees listed was rather small, where as he can remember there being a lot more employees than was in the paperwork.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Shadowbourne

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #2

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:2 Cnd: Connecting Shadows

"Meetings tend to be short...and brutal when both parties hate each other," Stephyn replies. As the comm link provided by PSB started buzzing. A single eyebrow raises as he fishes everything out. Still ringing, he slides the comm link up over his ear," Sorry to cut it short Norman...I think I have another incident to instigate." With that Wraith steps towards a shadow in the corner just fades into it...
Extra Effort adding Extended to Shadowdiving[Teleportation 2(120 ft/4 Miles) w/Change Direction, Subtle 2 and Turnabout]
Stepping out of another shadow in another neighborhood miles away. It wouldn't do for the Consilium safehouse location to be compromised by digital tracing. With a quick tap, Wraith opens a channel, "Go for Wraith..."
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - King Croc & Wraith

Post by jcjec »

Horsenhero wrote:"Ummm...is anybody listening? This is Wa...*ahem*...King Croc, trying to contact Wraith. Are you out there good buddy? Come on back."
Shadowbourne wrote:"Go for Wraith..."
Jim C.

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

King Croc
Wallace G. Dorre
HP 1

"Go for Wraith."
Wally let out a relieved breath. He really wasn't certain he'd get ahold of anyone, much less the person he wanted. The next time they were together as a team he was going to have to have someone give him the quick and dirty version of how everything worked and exactly how official the team was. That was for another time though.

"Yeah...Wraith...you're a trained practitioner of magic, right?" He rumbled into the communicator. One of the huge downsides of his crocodilian form is everything came out as a rumble or hiss when he spoke, lending a (mostly) unintentional air of intimidation to his speech. "I have a slight problem I was hoping you could help with. I have in my possession a tome that appears to have something to do with spellcraft, but my limited skills as a hedge wizard aren't really up to the task of reading it. I wouldn't worry a heap over it except it came with rather nasty looking daggers, the use of which I'd rather not contemplate and it references a symbol I'm pretty certain I saw you sketch out in the air when doing your shadow-portal shtick."
Last edited by Horsenhero on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeusPravus

Re: Adventure #2 - Shaper

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Contemplating
jcjec wrote: As he flies out his window, Shaper realizes that there's something about the list he just compiled that was odd -- the number of employees listed was rather small, whereas he can remember there being a lot more employees than was in the paperwork.
Shaper felt a nagging frustration. Since the accident changed him, his memory had improved to almost perfectly recall any further event. But of course, this was limited to anything post-explosion. Still, the nagging was that looking back at reports of the incident, there were fewer people involved in the explosion in the lab than worked there. Some people were away on vacation, and others worked the off hours or graveyard shifts, but Bryan still felt that more people were there that day, at that time, than were listed in incident reports. Were they unharmed, or were they like him, changed by the Omnispheric energy in ways that weren't readily apparent?

But if that were the case, why act now. The close proximity was deliberate. Could it be someone from the lab who survived, trying to get my attention? But if so, why the charades and game, why not just directly reach out? It's not as if my identity or what happened to me is hidden...

Shaper's fingers danced over the keypad, as he set up a search algorithm, comparing employees and contractors associated with the CREST lab and location with what he knew about the unknown person associated with the changes at the hydrant. Bryan did his best to recall any companies that made deliveries, contracted cleaning, or were in any way associated with the lab to try and satisfy the nagging urge to know. Setting up the search at thoroughly as possible, Shaper hoped to cover all his bases in tracking down who this person is, so he could get to the more important matter of what they want.
OOC: If possible taking 20 on each of the technology and investigation checks (which would give 36 and 30 respectively) to run the search. If taking 20 is not possible, than the rolls are Technology with gauntlet bonus for search: 1D20+16 = [9]+16 = 25 and Search Investigation roll: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner

Liz tapped her communicator in the 'I may have found something but don't come yet' method and swam in closer, looking over the apparatus lurking deep under the waters. She could at least report on any major infractions of ecological standards and unsafe practices.

Don't be stupid Waverunner.
Don't be clumsy Waverunner.
Don't start World War Three Waverunner.
Don't be such a child.

She had heard the ugly phrases so many times from Captain Cruz, sometimes said angrily, sometimes in affection, other times in exasperation.

She just couldn't leave this one alone.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Waverunner

Post by jcjec »

As Waverunner swam closer, the positioning of the pipe for the drill once again jumps out as her as strange. Instead of going straight down from the platform to the ocean floor, this one was angled at about thirty degrees, which was not only unusual, but potentially unsafe.

As she came up for another breath, she heard someone with a bullhorn yell, "hey, you! Stop where you are!" followed by automatic gun fire. While the bullets splashed down around her, her brain's subconscious notes, Wow, that was a very clean American accent for someone aboard a Brazilian oil rig in Cuban waters.

Klaxons began going off, but not as loud as she would have expected, being about the volume of an alarm clock set on low from this distance.
Jim C.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner

Stop, don't move! Followed by gunfire wasn't a great sign.

"Would you believe that I got lost on my way to the bathroom?" as the surface of the water breaks, propelling her up to the surface level of the rig.

Defend action.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Now on the platform, Waverunner has a clear view of the area. She sees at least two dozen armed guards, who are all turning their Uzis on her. She can also see at least six, maybe more, armored (not metal) men who seemed to be rushing toward jet-skis until they realize that you're aboard. The way they move shows that their boots are built to keep them attached to the metal deck, even during a heavy storm. Now, though, they too are leveling some sort of blasters in your direction. And this is just the ones that are on deck.
Jim C.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner's mind raced with the thought that she really shouldn't be here, without real backup.. against that kind of number.

But! But! If she was able to stay close to the water, fade and ambush, use the healing waters, she might be able to pull this off.

Her hand drifted to her communicator again and pressed on the emergency button, shifting from 'this might be interesting' to 'I think I might be in trouble!'

And lept forwards, a wave from below grabbing her from behind and blowing her across the surface of the rig and off the other side.

Cue obligatory fan service full body shots of dripping shining superhero.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:1 Cnd: intrigued

Stephyn is silent for a moment, "OK...That could be a problem." Stephyn's mind raced as he digested several things at one time. He had suspected that King Croc was using some sort of magic or spell to be, well, King Croc. That meant that Croc might end up a target of the Consilium at some point, or even worse, the Followers. That thought was sobering at the very least...then there was the fact that Croc recognized part of Stephyn's Shadowcrafting...and now had something in his possession that had the same sigil?

"Yeah...I can help...maybe." Looking around, Wraith marked mentally where he was before asking the next question, "Croc...Where are you at? We should meet up and I can look over what you have." Stephyn's eyes look over at the corner, "I am at Duvane and Simpson right now...how far are you from that point?"
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Spectrum wrote:Cue obligatory fan service full body shots of dripping shining superhero.
A few of the soldiers, closest to her, stop shooting for a second, captivated by the sight of a drenched attractive woman after being stuck on the rig for months. Hubba, Hubba.

((OOC: Pause for the others to catch up.))
Jim C.

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

King Croc
Wallace G. Dorre
HP 1

Wraith seemed open to taking a look at the book, which was a good thing. Wally always thought he was moderately well-versed in all things mystical, but this stumped him.

"I'm home, outside the town of Naples...what city are you in? I can probably drive there in a few hours. I'll have to do the meet in my human form...King Croc draws too much attention. It goes without saying a lot of that attention falls into the run, it's Godzilla category and isn't conducive to quiet research."

Obviously he'd have a vial or two of Swamp Water on hand, just in case, but Wally was pretty certain if he could keep a low profile they could avoid random trouble.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:1 Cnd: Truly curious

"People keep forgetting that after the first movie, Godzilla was the hero,"
Stephyn replies with a chuckle. "Look, I can probably get to you quicker than you can get to me. In fact, I know I can...You pick us a good place to eat and get a couple of beers. I'll get there in short order."
OK...Wraith can use a combination of Shadowgate, Shadowtag, and Shadowglide he can traverse the State in short order. What should take Croc a couple of hours should only take Wraith maybe thirty minutes?
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - King Croc & Wraith

Post by jcjec »

In looking at the radio, Wraith can see that there is also a GPS system built in that, if he so chose, he could follow it to King Croc's location without a problem.

Edit: Actually, using your new ShadowGate, you can actually get there is about a minute, which works out well. :)

Thus, a few minutes later, a portal of darkness opens in King Croc's shack.
Jim C.