(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #2

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner

Init: _: 1D20 = [1] = 1

Waverunner was never the quickest to react, too many fishies swimming through her mental waters. This was no exception. Ooooh shiny!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

As Magnaflux skimmed the surface of the water, he was concerned he wouldn't make it in time. He was able to maintain the speed of a commercial airliner, but he was straining to breath at these speeds. Then his comm began to chatter, at first he thought it was static, and then realized that someone was turning their comm off and on, to create a series of ... morse code.
Waverunner wrote: ..- -. -.. . .-. / .... . .- ...- -.-- / ..-. .. .-. . / - .... . -.-- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - / -... . / .... . .-. .
It had been a while, he thumbed his own comm unit, and translated for the team, "Under. Heavy. Fire. They. Shouldn't. Be. Here." His heart sank as he spoke, Cuban waters, he was coming across from Canaveral, 500 miles give or take. No way he could make it in under an hour. "Disengage Waverunner. I repeat disengage. I'm inbound," He checked the GPS co-ordinates on the comm, "28°26'30.5"N 80°28'39.1"W still about 50 minutes out, moving at top speeds. Move in my direction, we can regroup and re-engage with force." He thumbed off his comm, waiting as he poured on the speed, "God dammit girl, respond." He muttered to himself.
OOC: I dropped my co-ord's so that someone with teleport could vector in on my position, otherwise Magnaflux isn't sure how people are moving to the scene. I rolled initiative, and boy, can you tell I haven't had my coffee ... his butt is dragging! Initiative for the Cuban Crisis: 1D20+3=[3]+3=6 Anyways, lets see how this whole situation unfolds!
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:1 Cnd: On Point

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=148595

"Try looking at them in the light...they are definitely meaner when exposed to sunlight." Wraith shrugs they emerge from the portal.
Having issue with mouse and highlighting. New mouse will not highlight when holding either click...roll is 11
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

King Croc
Wallace G. Dorre
HP 1

Croc snorted in a most un-gatorlike manner. "Nope. Dude, most days I don't want to see me in the sunlight. On the plus side, most villainous thugs don't wanna see me either...in the light or the dark."
Initiative. 1d20+2=21 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=148619 OOoooh...goody, I'll get to embarrass myself early.
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Fine

Shaper was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of Wraith in route, as the portal winked into existence in front of him. True, he was somewhat disappointed that the team didn't get to also appreciate his terrifying engineering experiment, but maybe Shaper could remake and improve it for future use. Those truthfully, Shaper could do without the creepy things in the dark.

"Almost there Waverunner."
Initiative: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21. And Perception of the darkness: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10- thankfully Shaper doesn't see much this time.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal, enroute

Mozou managed to find an old pair of dark, tinted safety goggles to make a disguise/costume from back home - they'd been in the bottom of a drawer for years. Along with tucking her hair under a leather cap (used to be part of a cerebral interface device, from one of 'dad's' acquaintances), she figured that SHOULD be enough of a disguise to keep all but the most persistent seekers from linking her up with the university.

The first step through the Green took her from her house to the beach. She waded in to come into contact with some algae and seaweed to make the second step to Waverunner's location, porting in underwater for cover since her Morse coded message stated that she was under heavy fire from people that didn't belong there.

OOC : (Mozou has some mimic octopus genes, so she can breathe underwater and isn't affected by pressure. She's worked as a mercenary for years, so is somewhat familiar with Morse code)
Initiative _: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22 Hope I'm not using up my allotment of good rolls with that !
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Round 1

Post by jcjec »

As Mozou emerges from the green, she sees the feminine form of Waverunner swimming above her, darting in and out of rounds of gunfire raining down into the water. She is also able to see four armored men jump into the ocean from the platform above, each one carrying some form of blaster.

Above the water line, Wraith, King Croc, Shaper and Magnaflux emerge from the Underdark portal, stepping out onto one of the second tiers of the platform. Able to see below them, the view of over a dozen men firing down into the water is seen, as well as four armored men being lowered on jet skis and (again) carrying blasters. Above the heroes is a third platform holding what appears to be an enclosed office area with six more armed gunmen standing guard.

Mozou (22), King Croc (21) and Shaper (21) are up.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Mozou notices the armored men with blasters enter the water.

"Better do something about that !" she mused to herself as she took aim with her copied powers, setting off Tanglevines right in the middle of the group. Sargassum algae is very common in these waters, and has a centuries-long history of tangling things up.
Tanglevines: Burst Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, Overcome by Damage, DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 19, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 2: any point away or fixed point in fixed direction; Limited Degree). Not sure if she needs an attack roll to place the attack.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Round 1

Post by jcjec »

Dodge attempts to get away from tanglealgae: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25
1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

As the algae gathers around the divers, one of them notices what's happening and, with a fair amount of skill and just a touch of luck, manages to avoid getting caught in the slimy net. The three that get enveloped in the algae, though, get Hindered and Vulnerable.

King Croc (21) and Shaper (21) are still up.
Last edited by jcjec on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Fine

As Shaper directed the rocket cycle through Wraith's portal, he shook off a momentary sense of disorientation. He really wanted to make an alternate fast travel option for himself and anyone else who didnt want to walk through a tunnel with things that may, no almost certainly do, want to eat them or their souls. A shop project for the next bit of free time. Maybe they'll give me one of the Airimus's as a starting point that I can modify... Shaper thought, before returning his attention to the matter with the illegal oil rig and the people with guns.

Tapping a few keys on his gauntlets, Shaper set up a concave wall between the team and the people on jetskis and the platform that had the guns. It would provide them cover and time to assess the situation.
Switching flight over to Flight 4, just standing on rocket cycle thing (still tethered to me). Making further use of the Shield power to set up a wall similar to this, that is approximately 15 feet tall, 6 inches thick, and I think ~25 feet wide. Wall is semi-translucent, and Selective so out team and attack through it but not vice versa. Currently sitting in midair, can move it as needed.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

King Croc
Wallace G. Dorre
HP 1

Assessing the situation, Croc was fairly certain he didn't want to jump in the water right off...that was a heap of sea weed acting pretty peculiar down there. On the other hand, there were guys on a platform right below his blazing away with blasters. According to his more militarily minded cohorts, Waverunner was being fired upon and blasters or bullets, THAT was fairly easy to identify.

Right. Jump down to the platform below it was. Levering himself over the side, he dropped. Upon landing he let out a monstrous roar, hoping to freeze the goons in place.
Okay...Wally does NOT have Acrobatics, so he can't lessen the damage from a fall. That being said, he's got Impervious 10 on his Toughness, so I'm not sure that this fall can actually hurt him. If it can let me know and I'll roll a Toughness save.

Now, he's using his Intimidate skill on the Goons. If they're Minions, he'll group intimidate them. He's trying a mass Demoralize.
1d20+14=18 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=148851 And just as I suspected, as soon as the roll actually counts...caca.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Round 1 - Initiatives 19-12

Post by jcjec »

As soon as King Croc hits the deck safely and roars, three quarters of the machine gun minions drop their weapons and dive over the side of the rig into the water below, leaving only five brave souls on the lower platform who's knees are trembling but are holding their ground. The six guards on the top level are unaffected. The four armored jet ski drivers, however, stop their decent toward the water and draw their weapons in preparation of trying to get themselves some gator-skin boots. The first and third ones (from left to right) then squeeze off a pair of shots at the massive beast in front of them.

Firing on King Croc: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
The blasters do DC21 (6 Damage).

Trying to escape the algae: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15
1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11

Algae holding on: 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15
1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24

Meanwhile, underwater, the three caught divers struggle against their slimy bonds. While two of them remain steadfastly entangled, one manages to break himself loose.

Wraith (11) is up next.
Jim C.

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

King Croc
Wallace G. Dorre
HP 1
Condition: -1 Toughness, Dazed

Wally recoiled, hissing like a gator under the withering fire.
Toughness save (x2) 1d20+10=30, 1d20+10=11 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=148895 How's THAT for balance? The best roll Wally can get immediately followed by the worst.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Round 1 - Initiatives 9-7

Post by jcjec »

As Wraith took a half second to take a breather from the extensive teleportation, those with a good set of ears can hear a helicopter in the distance. Meanwhile, the scuba guard that wasn't caught up in the algae pulls a plasma blaster from its holster and takes a shot at Waverunner.

Scuba blaster does DC21: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11

Magnaflux (6) is up.
Jim C.

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:1 Cnd: Torn

As his feet hit the deck, Stephyn's focus wavered slightly. That waver caused the portal behind them to shimmer slightly. In that second, a razor tipped tendril shot out, seeking flesh. Without turning, Wraith raises his left hand and makes an abrupt gesture, causing the portal to collapse immediately, severing the dark tendril before it could contact with anything. As his gaze washed across the rig, Stephyn's mind went back to what he saw at Wally's...Germanicus....that was one of the Thirteen....he has one of the Thirteen....not good, not good at all...Where did you get them Wally....who are you?!?!?!?!...Wraith cannot help the involuntary sneer that plays across his face as the thoughts race through his head.

Only gunfire pulled him from his thoughts, letting the reality of where he was reach up and smack him....Dammit Dammit, dammit...The sneer turns into a snarl as Wraith throws a Shadowlance at the Idiot that fired on King Croc as he strides purposefully towards the gunmen.
OK...sorry for delay. Your choice for when this goes off...I am even OK with it being delayed till next round. Mea Culpa. Shadowlance DC25: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26