(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowbourne

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #2

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd: Curious

As the shadow shards ripped through the guards, Stephyn looked up to see the door tat the guards were in front off open.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - Round 2 - Initiatives 9-7

Post by jcjec »

While Wraith is unable to recognize the man, Magnaflux and Shaper recognize him to be Andrew Lynch, a well-known business mongol and pseudo-celebrity. Thanks to his Eidetic Memory, Shaper can remember the details of the man's life.
He started out as an intern at Remington Enterprises while still at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), making a name for himself and drawing the attention of Burt Sr. He rose through the ranks quickly, making all of the right contacts, investments and profits to not only make the company a lot of money, but himself as well. When the elder Remington passed away, Lynch believed that he should be in line to take over the company and was surprisingly shocked when everything went to the man's son, Burt Jr., and wife, Angela. So Andrew left the company to start his own, taking many of the contacts he had made along the way with him. Desiring to put Remington out of business, Lynch first tried to create a competing production company, but his influence wasn't as strong as he thought it was and the company soon went belly-up. Fortunately, he had incorporated the business so it wouldn't affect his personal fortune, so he was able to try again…. and again…. and again.

Not only was Andrew losing out to Burt in business, but Remington was also a superhero with the Champions of Justice. The popularity of the man put him everywhere, antagonizing Lynch to distraction. It was then that he decided that, if he couldn't ruin him in the financial district, he would destroy him personally. Investing in augmentation experimentation, his hired scientists created a serum that they speculated would give him the size and strength of a behemoth. Without much consideration of the outcome, Lynch injected the serum into himself, transforming into a massive monster. Said consequences, though, were that, while he gained mass and strength to rival those that Burt hung around with, his mental abilities retreated, reducing him to a one-word (something that sounded a lot like his alma mater) brute whose sole drive was to destroy Burt Remington. Fortunately for Andrew, he was able to revert to his original form, but when angered, Ookla would emerge once more.

Lynch's time as an arch nemesis was short-lived. He and Burt battled off and on, with the latter regularly triumphing, until Andrew was imprisoned for his crimes. By the time he got out, Burt Jr. had retired from being a hero and was more active in the business than before.
The blonde-haired man in his early 30's was wearing dress slacks and a white Polo shirt with UCLA embroidered on the left breast. As he stood there, peering over the side at them, he screamed "You ruined everythrrrrr." His last word was cut off as he started to grow in both height and muscle density. The clothes tore along the seams, clinging on him.... barely. As he reached his (new) full height, he howled out a guttural "Ooooook Laaaaaa" before leaping over the side, diving fists-first at the wall floating between himself and the heroes.

Attack on the wall.: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24 Damage 12 (DC27) vs Toughness check w/ -1: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12. The wall practically shatters under the impact, only barely holding its form.

Meanwhile, below the water line, the diver who was stung by Mozou looks for her, but unable to spot her, turns his plasma blaster on the large crocodile man. Scuba blaster does DC21: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25

Magnaflux (6) is up.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: Fatigued.

Seth looked around, the entire structure was vulnerable to his abilities, and as such he could manipulate that environment to restrain and hamper his opponent until the team's heavy hitters would be able to subdue him. However, he was still unclear as to the exact nature of the engagement, their companion, Waverunner, had sent out the distress call, though it was unclear as to what she was investigating when the platform's mercenaries opened fire.

Either way, there would be time for debriefings after the immediate threat was countered and neutralised. "Alright Lynch, we need you to calm down and explain why your mercenaries opened fire on Strikeforce personnel!" As he spoke, he stepped off the platform he had fashion from the I-beams he had borrowed from the mainland, the beams then twisted, almost like the arms of some giant metallic leviathan and reached out to entrap the enraged Lynch.

"Nobody else has to get hurt. Stand down!"
OOC: Not the best roll, but we'll see if it hits. Metallic Entrapment against Monster Lynch; DC 19 Dodge to Resist: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17. If it *does* connect he must make a DC 19 Dodge check, If he fails bny 1 Degree he is Dazed & Veulnerable, if he fails by 2 Degrees or more he is Stunned & Defenceless.

Lets hope it gives us a round to power attack the $h!t out of him. He sounds mean!
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Dodge check: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

As Ookla raised his hands to pound once more on the wall, he heard Magnaflux's words, but failed to understand them. What he did understand was the metallic beams that shot out, wrapping themselves around him so tightly that it stunned him, leaving him defenseless. He groned in frustration. "Ooook Laa."

If the transformation of their boss into a monster had surprised the mercenaries, though, they didn't show it. They simply marshaled, with another one jumping off of his jet ski, back to the deck, and squeezing off another shot, this time at Magnaflux, who had flown away from the cover of Shaper's damaged wall.

Blaster does DC21: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13

Meanwhile, down in the water, the rider that had been knocked off the platform, broke the surface, gasping for air. Fortunately for him, the armor he wore was built for aquatic use and didn't drag him to the depths.

Waverunner (1) is next. There are currently five armored mercs in the water, with three on deck.
Jim C.

jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - End of Round 2

Post by jcjec »

Swimming apparently out of no where (as she was cloaked), Waverunner uses hard water to form a battering ram to come up from below, slamming into the jet skier that King Croc had knocked into the ocean. DC24+5 water ram: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29 Toughness check w/ -1: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17 He is hit so hard that he flies up out of the water, flopping onto the deck of the rig like a dead fish.

((OOC: With Spectrum taking some time off, I'm taking over Waverunner as an NPC to finish the scene. We are now going into round 3. Mozou (22), King Croc (21) and Shaper (21) are up.))
Jim C.

Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal, then fatigued

Mozou took stock of the situation - there were four armored mercs in the water, each with a blaster.

One of which had been tagged with phytotoxin - he shrugged it off before, but it was still in his system for yet a bit longer.
- Phytotoxin has Secondary Effect. That merc is going to face one last Fort vs DC19 effect on his turn.
She didn't have Equalizer with her, but there was nothing stopping her from grabbing someone else's blaster to use against them !
Using Extra Effort to negate the -2 penalty for a Disarm attempt, so fatigued.
Using Power Attack at +1/-1 for +2 damage, +7 to hit.
Attack Roll_: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
If that connects, need to make an Opposed Roll : Mozou's damage vs merc's STR.
If she wins, she gets hold of his blaster; otherwise, she doesn't.
Mozou's damage check (+2)_: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Fortitude check: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18 The diver hit by the toxin before spasms, the venom finally seeping into his system and impairing his reactions. As it is, he is the one that is closest when Mozou reappears and grabs his blaster. STR check to hold onto blaster: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21 He manages to keep hold of it, resulting in an underwater tug of war between the two of them.

King Croc (21) and Shaper (21) are still up.
Jim C.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Fine

Seeing the people n the rigs being mostly unable to penetrate his barriers, Shaper came up with a plan. Floating down to within inches of the rigs surface, he tried to create a concave spline that encapsulated most of the gunmen. Shaping the structure such that attacks inward would penetrate, but his teammates would be safe, Shaper hoped the structure would hold so they could focus on Ookla.

"Looks like Ookla is Andrew Lynch, which means whatever's going on here probably has ties to him and his businesses, as well as possibly to the Champions of Justice. Could be more here than meets the eye." Shaper relayed over comms to the rest of the team.
OOC: Using the Shield function- Create 9 to try to trap as many gunmen on the rig as possible. DC is 19, have 500 ft3, making a shape that is about 5 feet tall and deep, with walls about 4 inches thick. Not sure how many I can trap with that, but as many as I can fit in as shapeable line.

AlsoIntellegence/Expertise: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
to try to remember if Ookla has shown any vulnerabilities from his fights with Burt.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

By flying down to the edge that King Croc had dived over, Shaper is able to look down the edge line at the other three armored gunmen and launch his container, pushing all three of them, and their jet skis, into a five foot prison.

Thinking back, Shaper is able to remember that Burt Jr., like his father before him, had a large assortment of abilities; able to shrink down, remove the heat from areas (cold powers) and was a powerful psionic. In spite of the last one, though, he found Ookla was hard to mind control and pretty much just had to be worn down. So, no, he didn't have any known weaknesses. Of course, the last sighting of the creature was several years ago.

((OOC: Now all we need is for King Croc to perform his action and we can move on.))
Jim C.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

King Croc bobs in the water, getting his barrings, trying to figure out which of the three un-engaged, armored scuba divers he wants to take on next.

((OOC: Putting King Croc into a held action until Horsenhero can post. As the scuba divers are in the same environment, I'm holding their action as well. This way we can push on.))

On deck, the three armored mercenaries all struggle trying to get their jet skis off of them in the tight space, unable to do anything else.

Wraith (11) is up.
Jim C.

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP: 0 Cnd: Patient

As the action starts to slow down, Wraith begins to take a survey of everything happening. With most of the henchmen subdued or contained on the rig and the large humanoid likewise contained, Stephyn turns his gaze upon those in the water. While three still seem capable of causing chaos, one is playing tug of war with Mozou. With a devilish grin, Wraith slings a bolt of underdark at the clingy minion.
OK...helping Mozou get the gun. Shadowlance[Ranged Damage 10] Shadowlance DC25: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
...ummm, ouch. I'm betting he is letting go now.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

As the shadowlance hits the armored scuba diver, the jolt isn't enough to knock him out, but it is enough to daze him enough to make him let go, just as Wraith had planned. Toughness check w/ -2: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19 Mozou can now be happy because she has a DC21 gun. :D

Meanwhile, no one had taken advantage of striking Ookla while he was contained.... emphasis on the word "was." With his great (12) strength, he tears apart the steel wrappings, freeing himself and roars with anger. "OOOOOOK LAAAAAA!"

Magnaflux (6) is up, and we're getting close to the end of the round, if King Croc is going to do anything besides float.
Jim C.

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

King Croc
Wallace G. Dorre
HP 1
Condition -2, Staggered (Dazed & Hindered)

Wally took another blaster shot, catching him in the throat. This was getting bad in a hurry. Still a couple thugs were in the water with him and that gave him the opportunity to take out one or two of them before they finished him off.
Toughness save vs. DC25 1d20+10-1=12.http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=150403 That will render Wally with another -1 and Staggered. He can still charge now that he's swimming, so he will.

Charge at closest goon. 1d20+6-2 (for the charge)= 22http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=150410 and that is a crit. So a DC33 Toughness save for the goon.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Toughness check w/ -1: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11 As King Croc strikes, he can hear a crunching sound from the impact. Fearing the worst, he stops and looks at the unconscious body in his arms, but quickly realizes that it was the seals on the armor that have broken, not the man's back, but water is starting to flow into the armor at a fast rate.

The two unburdened scuba divers each take aim at King Croc and Mozou and fire their weapons. Scuba blaster does DC21: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30
Both shots are true, but the shot taken at Mozou is dead center (a critical, bouncing the damage up to a DC26 -- sorry).

Magnaflux will be heard from tonight.
Jim C.

Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : Dazed, -1 to future checks, fatigued

Mozou takes the surprisingly skilled shot dead center of body mass ...
Attempting Toughness check vs DC26 _: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
- missed by 9, 2 degrees of failure. Just dazed this time vs a friggin' critical !
The shock of pain caused many thoughts to float around her mind like bits of flotsam in a murky sea.

Let's see - they're using power armor, which makes them very strong and very tough. And me USELESS against them because I can't copy any of that !!

This blaster MIGHT be useful - presuming I ever get a chance to USE it before another goon scores another perfect hit on me !

Instead of being clever and versatile, why couldn't 'Dad' have just made me super strong, super tough, and able to fire death beams from my eyes ? It would've made this grotesque parody of existence I call my life slightly more bearable ... "