(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ZenGypsy

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #2

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

Carrera watched the situation begin to degrade, his partner's, while each powerful and skilled, were not used to working as a team to contain a threat. He chirpped his comm, "Guardsmen! Focus!" He levitated above the platform putting himself out of Ookla's reach, "Shaper form a barrier around the elevated gunmen, Wraith obscure the interior of the barrier, depriving the gunmen of targets, then proceed to engage. Mozou prepare to mimic Ookra's strength, Croc take him into the water, your amphibious nature should overcome any strength and mass advantage he may have!"

He looked down at the remaining armored amphibious assault team, "I've got the armored gunmen."
OOC: Using my flight to remain about sixty feet above the water, I will use Extra Effort to Surge, for 2 Standard Action. Using my Perception Range Damaging Move Object, I will begin to crush the armor of the two remaining, a standard action for each, gunmen in the water. Each will have to make a DC 24 Toughness check. I will *not* be spending a Hero Point to cancel the Fatigue, and as such will be Fatigued at the beginning of my next turn.
jcjec

Re: Adventure #2 - End of Round 3

Post by jcjec »

Toughness check w/ -1: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11 and 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16

As Magnaflux applies the pressure, he feels the seals begin to give, staggering the wearer, on the first diver's suit, while the second one gets dazed by the tightening armor.

Waverunner loops around in the water, changing her water battering ram so as to take on the form of a dolphin's nose. Using it, she spears the armored diver that Mozou had been wrestling with under the platform, out of sight of Magnaflux. Spearing attack with universal power attack -2/+2 for a DC26: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19 Toughness check w/ -3: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 As the unconscious diver floats away, Waverunner gives Mozou a thumbs up.

Beginning of Round 4. Mozou (22), King Croc (21) and Shaper (21) are back up to bat.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : -1 to damage checks, fatigued

It took a few moments, but Mozou managed to make sense of what was going on - apparently, there was someone with great strength topside that needed dealt with. Seeing that most of the threats underwater were dealt with, she gives a polite nod in Waverunner's general direction (still a bit woozy from that blaster hit) before she headed up the rig.
Using her one standard action to get topside, and use her Detect Powers to see what powers Ookla has to work with.

Her dazed condition wears off at the end of this turn.
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Fine

Looking at the battlefield, it seemed the men on the rig were for the most part not a match for the team. As he looked at the situation, Shaper was growing more concerned about Ookla. He cursed himself a bit for not taking advantage of the hindrance Magnaflux managed to provide against Ookla prior.

Shaper sighed, knowing that if he changed the settings on his gauntlet, the barrier entrapping the three would drop. Yet, he switched his attention to Ookla, who seeemed to be the current priority. "This is Shaper, moving to engage Ookla. Hoping the big guy isnt that tough," Shaper said over the comm, as he quickly changed the settings on his gauntlet and launched a swarm of flechette-like matter at Ookla.
Shard Swarm attack: 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19
. Attack has multiattack, and is penetrating 7 if Impervious is in play. If attack misses, swarm of matter will stick around to try again (Homing). Barrier encasing the three people goes away
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

As the swarm hits Ookla in the upper torso, the monster howls an "oooook laaa" in his dazed state. Toughness check w/ -1 vs DC22 + 2 from multiattack: 1D20+12 = [3]+12 = 15

When Shaper's field drops, the jet skis and armored bodies fall over, having been held in pile by walls that are no longer there. Having been close to the far edge, one of the mercenaries falls over the edge, into the water below.

Still waiting on....
Horsenhero wrote:King Croc.
Jim C.

jcjec

Where all my players at? (sounding like a rapper)

Post by jcjec »

OK, so apparently King Croc is holding his action again. The mercs are still trying to untangle themselves from the jet skis, so we're going to jump to Wraith (11) next.
Jim C.

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd: Darkening

Stephyn heard Magnaflux's orders...he started moving forward only to see Shaper change to attack Ookla, watching as Wraith's target was slightly changed. Instead of being held within a barrier, the gunmen were dropped suddenly to the rig. Wraith's hands began a quick series of violent motions, starting with a sudden raising of clenched fists. As his hands blur through complex patterns, his voice whispers harsh, guttural tones in an Abyssal language, not meant for human throats. Eerily, across the platform, shadows begin to flow away from their casters and gather around and under the still confused gunmen. Then, as the whispers end in a painful growl, Stephyn's fingers splay out as if claws, and abruptly rake downward. The shadows that have now all pooled beneath the gunmen, raise up like a blanket only to be pulled down in a cloying darkness covering the would be assailants.
OK...Extra Effort for the following, Shadowfall[Perception Ranged Shapeable Visual Concealment Attack]. That should cover the gunmen and allow Wraith to control it's shape and size, hopefully just getting the gunmen.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Just as the mercenaries had gotten the last of their limbs un-buried, the shadows engulf them, trapping them in the type of darkness that drives normal people insane.

Ookla glares at the bluish man that just hurt him and growls. Leaping into the air, he tries to hit Shaper with his full weight in a flying charge. DC37 to Shper if it connects: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9 As the monster sails well past Shaper, the hero could almost see a sincere look of disappointment on the beast's face before he lands on the lower deck.

Magnaflux (6) is up, and we're still waiting on King Croc's held action.
Jim C.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

King Croc had stayed below the waterline, helping Waverunner with the armored mercenaries. Magnaflux hadn't moved, possibly because he had lost sight on Ookla for the moment.

Mozou (22), King Croc (21) and Shaper (21) are up at the top of Round 4.
Jim C.

Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1, then to 0
Condition : -1 to damage checks, fatigued

Mozou thought for a moment, trying to figure out her best course of action.

"Well, looks like Ooklaa doesn't have much in the way of powers I can copy, or would be of much use !" she groused to herself, "Just Growth, and some protection. I doubt I'd get much use out of his immunities, nor his movement powers.

I might be able to match his toughness, but NOT his strength. I
could use a stunt from the Black and Blue Panther's playbook and be a punching bag - keep him busy hitting me so everyone else is safe. Not .... something I'd like to do. Let's call this 'Plan X'.

I can do more damage with this stolen blaster than I could with my fists, even using growth ! But if he manages to land a hit, I'm pretty much a greasy stain on the deck. Let's call this 'Plan C'."

Then she recalled that she could sometimes use old powers in new ways - and she currently has a lot of power to mess with !

Although she didn't have enough power to use Mangrove's Tree form AND have his plant control powers at the same time, she really didn't need to !
Powerstunting to get an AP : Alternate Form (Seaweed Monster), Activation : Move, using HP to negate the fatigue cost.

Growth 4 [ 8 pp]
Protection 3, Noticeable [ 2 pp]
Enhanced STR 5 [ 10 pp]
Slickness : Enhanced Traits (Dodge 1, Parry 1) [ 2 pp]
Insubstantial 1 [ 5 pp].
Totals to 26 pp (out of 29 available in array).

Gives her Toughness +8/+10/+12, Dodge/Parry of +6, Damage of 10, to hit of +8, Fort +11 (Will +7; just fits within PL 9 +2/-2 shift !). Can't use any of the other powers while in Seaweed Monster Form.
Concentrating for a moment, she summons as much seaweed as she could to engulf her, and then reform as a giant creature made of seaweed.

Then lashed out at Ooklaa as hard as she'd risk ...
Using Power Attack to +13 damage, +5 to hit _: 1D20 + 5 = [6]+5 = 11
- as expected, SHE MISSED !!
And would have, even if she hadn't used power attack !!
(Sooner or later, the dice roller is going to use a d20 instead of a d10 for my rolls .... !)

Assuming this stunt was even legal - if not, she just power attacked the blaster to +10 damage/+6 to hit. Which would STILL MISS !
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Having successfully engulfed herself in seaweed, Mozou's swing was less than stellar (as you noted), possibly even slightly slipping when she lunged thanks to the seaweed now on her feet.

Still waiting on Shaper (and King Croc if he comes back).
Jim C.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Fine, though a bit relieved

Shaper was happy to see the sharp fragments penetrate Ookla and seem to cause the enraged being harm. That is, until it was made fully clear that Shaper managed to draw all of Ookla's attention towards himself. Luckily, Ookla sailed by him, his blow failing to connect, but still managing to make Shaper uncomfortable.

He felt a bit bad continuing to go against Mangaflux's orders, but felt that what he was doing was more effective at the moment. Deciding to give himself a bit more breathing room, Shaper flew up another 30 feet above the platform, sitting about 50 feet total above the level of the platform. Seeing as the attack had been effective prior, Shaper once more conjured a swarm of flechettes into existence around him, before hurtling them at Ookla once more. Hopefully this keeps working, and well enough so I don't get clobbered.
Shard Swarm attack: 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19
. So I believe that makes it Dc 24 toughness with the +2 from multiattack, as the roll is the same as before.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Toughness check w/ -2: 1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18

Once again, Shaper's shards strike home, causing the beast to stay dazed.

The two remaining armored mercenaries stop their screaming from being in complete darkness, choosing instead to try to escape it. Rolling as if under a blanket, they move to the edge of the platform and fall off the side, plunging into the waters below.

As I'm assuming the Killer Croc is still "dealing with foes below" until told otherwise, Wraith is up.
Jim C.

Ken

Post by Ken »

jcjec wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:03 pm Toughness check w/ -2: 1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18

Once again, Shaper's shards strike home, causing the beast to stay dazed.

The two remaining armored mercenaries stop their screaming from being in complete darkness, choosing instead to try to escape it. Rolling as if under a blanket, they move to the edge of the platform and fall off the side, plunging into the waters below.

As I'm assuming the Killer Croc is still "dealing with foes below" until told otherwise, Wraith is up.
King Croc. Killer Croc is DC.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:0 Cnd: Fatigued

In a splash, Stephyn knew that the last of the gunmen had slipped out from under his darkness and into the ocean. With a wearied look, Wraith takes a moment and catches his breath.
Holding action...Fatigued and no clear targets. The others seem to have things in a good place. Will watch for developing problem.