(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess/Melody
"*SIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHH****..." is all Melody can manage, picturing the two running happily in the park, having a picnic (do people even have those anymore?), then getting married. "I mean, uh... I don't... think so? I mean, what? Do you think he was asking about what your future children will look like?" she teases. Both girls seem perfectly aware of each other's crushes on the boy.

"At least Corey got shooed away. It's nice to meet a NON-douche at this school, but it's like sometimes everywhere I look, there he is, being a Nice Guy (tm), and doing everything I ask. So what'd Contessa end up doing? I noticed her gatherers were all getting scowl-y at me all class long. I don't see why they all like her- The Queen of Skanks is a terrible person! She's so nasty, put-down-y and brutal to everyone, never smiles unless she's making someone else feel bad, and stalks around the school like some kinda predator! I can't figure it out! All she's got are cheekbones to die for, sultry eyes, seven-foot-long legs, fashion sense out of Milan, spectacular bosoms, hair so thick it eat combs alive and so shiny it can blind people, and... dammit, I hate her."

"She'd better not pull any Mean Girls crap on me, or I'll... gather my army of followers...?" she trails off, realizing this includes basically Farrah & Corey. Not the school's best social climbers. "Crap, I gotta get popular. What's the quickest way to do that? "
"Sacrifice your self respect an become an easy lay," Farrah replied. "Not worth it. I'm saving myself for Josh."
"Stage a giant party? Except my mom is the homebodiest homebody ever and never leaves for more than a couple hours? Damn- I gotta think of a way around this."
"Well, right now we need to think about the lab we have in Chem today, which we need to get to," Farrah replied. One of the joys the girl's discovered a few months earlier was that they had the same third hour Chemistry class, and Mr. Knudsen let the besties be lab partners. "We can brainstorm how to become popular ideas over lunch."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou/Maxine
HP : 1
Condition : normal (as can be under the circumstances)

Mozou had been going through the prison's front gate two or three times a year for twelve years; this was the first time she'd had to go through the infirmary wing. And since they were expecting Maxine Viridans, she'd taken off the disguise she was wearing long before she got to the prison.

She noted one of the guards used the phone once she'd been directed to the infirmary parking lot, as per standard protocol.
The infirmary wing is no less forboding on the outside then the rest of the prison. It's clear that the only reaosn this wing even has its own enterance is because a) this is where the medical staff enters and exits and b) because ir really terrible cases, it would give them a way to get patients out of the infirmary and directly to ambulences without having to go through the whole prison. The enterance is still heavy and secure, and a barred door is visible on the other side of it through the small, heavy, criss-cross wired window. A small camera is visible above the locked door, and an intercom with a red call button is mounted next to the door.
Which will not be opened until everyone on the other side of it was sure that she was who she said she was.

"Minimum of several forms of ID, possible search for items being smuggled in, plus whatever else they think is needed." she thought to herself as she pushed the red call button, stated her name and business here, and waited for security to do their job.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ice Princess/Melody
Ken wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:23 pm
"Sacrifice your self respect an become an easy lay," Farrah replied. "Not worth it. I'm saving myself for Josh."
"Well, right now we need to think about the lab we have in Chem today, which we need to get to," Farrah replied. One of the joys the girl's discovered a few months earlier was that they had the same third hour Chemistry class, and Mr. Knudsen let the besties be lab partners. "We can brainstorm how to become popular ideas over lunch."
"Easy lay, hm? Let just anyone in my pants at the next opportunity? Well it works for others- if I can just--" she stops, eyeing the males around her. She sees Ed Barrasso, morbidly obese and roaring with laughter at something he finds amusing, his hair looking like it's never been washed. The Under The Stairs People sitting about in thick leather jackets and blanched, pasty skin. Three burly guys wander by, one stating "hey man, did you get any PUSS at that part last night?" A gang of scrawny nerds, talking in high, nasal voices about their gaming night. One of the school bullies, fresh out of the trailer park, unkempt and denim-clad. All potential suitors.

"Let us never speak of this again." she says, bursting out laughing at the horror-show of options before her.
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Fine
jcjec wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:45 pm Bryan had sipped about half his cup before the secretary's intercom buzzed. She picked up the phone and, after a few seconds, responded "yes sir," and hung it back up again. "They're ready for you, Mr. Matthews."
Bryan nodded, trying to not let any surprise show on his face from the location Mozou wanted to meet at. What are you up to?... Bryan shook his head, and finished off the cup of coffee, before standing and gesturing for the secretary to lead the way. The office furnishings they passed were like the rest of the office, fine and tasteful without being garish. As they entered the conference room, he took measure of each of the people in the room, with his attention focused on Mr. Wertham. He assumed the others were assistants or associates, to help record and facilitate the deal. Perhaps the third man was an outside expert or otherwise offered something of note not usually required for the deals Mr. Wertham conducted, given his unusual appearance.
Mr. Wertham spoke first while extending a hand to the chair on his left. "Mr. Matthews. Glad you could join us. Allow me to introduce Benjamin Wagner of Wagner Financials. Mr. Wagner, Bryan Matthews."
"Good afternoon Mr. Wagner." Turning to the other members of the room, he added, "Like he said, I am Bryan Matthews. Also known as Shaper of the Gulf Coast Guardsman." Refocusing on Mr. Wagner, Bryan chose to get down to business. "I assume Mr. Wertham let you know why I wanted to meet. Have you had a chance to draw up any of the documents legalizing the precious metals I would be creating, for the endowment of CREST?"
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/Waverunner

Liz tried to not let it touch her face, they were still working on that. She never was good at hiding her emotions though, they just normally shone through whatever was trying to hide. Poker face- yeah, not in this world.

"I better keep that one near. It's my 'work' phone. If it rings, it usually means something important is happening." she sighs, "Which I just texted everyone to meet up for drinks later tonight. I.. I'm trying so hard to do this Andi. Not even funny."

"Ow! Yes, thats a piece of seaweed that got trapped in my hair. Sometimes that happens when you're swimming through it."

Her eyebrow danced over her forehead, trying to bite back a comment. "So, you're seeing Daniel?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith

Stephyn stepped out into the noon day sun. With a stretch and a crack of his neck, He took a deep breath, pulling up his cellphone. He had waited long enough. He had to take the tome to the Council before...before something in him pushed him into to doing something he would regret. Though he hadn't felt any influence. he couldn't rule out that there wasn't any...it had been two days ago he had taken possession of it. Two days of it still in his possession...he should have immediately turned it over. Yet...yet he took time to do other things. Things that shouldn't have been more important than the tome. Things that could have been done afterwards. Things...

Things that he should...

His hand brushed against the cursed tome in the inside pocket. In that instant, a coldness chilled him to the bone...Dammit, I got to get rid of this thing...it...it is just wrong...Looking at the phone in his hand, Stephyn punches in a special number. After two rings, he can here it connect. With a grimace, "Parthenos...package, express, urgent..."
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

DeusPravus wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:10 pm Shaper
"Good afternoon Mr. Wagner." Turning to the other members of the room, he added, "Like he said, I am Bryan Matthews. Also known as Shaper of the Gulf Coast Guardsman." Refocusing on Mr. Wagner, Bryan chose to get down to business. "I assume Mr. Wertham let you know why I wanted to meet. Have you had a chance to draw up any of the documents legalizing the precious metals I would be creating, for the endowment of CREST?"
The woman sitting next to Wagner opened her top folder as Benjamin said, "my assistant, Ms. Green, has the documents and Mr. Blobbo," motioning to behind him, "has the funds. What you do with them is up to you. How many minerals and gems are we going to be transacting today?"
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Shadowbourne wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:33 pm Wraith

Stephyn stepped out into the noon day sun. With a stretch and a crack of his neck, He took a deep breath, pulling up his cellphone. He had waited long enough. He had to take the tome to the Council before...before something in him pushed him into to doing something he would regret. Though he hadn't felt any influence. he couldn't rule out that there wasn't any...it had been two days ago he had taken possession of it. Two days of it still in his possession...he should have immediately turned it over. Yet...yet he took time to do other things. Things that shouldn't have been more important than the tome. Things that could have been done afterwards. Things...

Things that he should...

His hand brushed against the cursed tome in the inside pocket. In that instant, a coldness chilled him to the bone...Dammit, I got to get rid of this thing...it...it is just wrong...Looking at the phone in his hand, Stephyn punches in a special number. After two rings, he can here it connect. With a grimace, "Parthenos...package, express, urgent..."
Stephan hears Hall on the other end of the phone. "Understood. Come in when you're available. Priority code on the package?"
Jim C.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou/Maxine
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:08 am The enterance is still heavy and secure, and a barred door is visible on the other side of it through the small, heavy, criss-cross wired window. A small camera is visible above the locked door, and an intercom with a red call button is mounted next to the door.

Which will not be opened until everyone on the other side of it was sure that she was who she said she was.

"Minimum of several forms of ID, possible search for items being smuggled in, plus whatever else they think is needed." she thought to herself as she pushed the red call button, stated her name and business here, and waited for security to do their job.
After several minutes she's through, and she's met by an official looking man in a business suit.

"Ms. Veridians?" said the man, "We've never met in person; I'm Randolph Lockheed. As warden, I want to give you my assurances that my staff and I will find the party or parties responsible for the attack. If you come with me, I'll bring you in to Mr. Green."

It's clear that the prison warden is taking this seriously (and probably wants to avoid a lawsuit), taking a hands on approach to make sure you get into the infirmary to see Dennis.

His presence get you past a few more checkpoints, orderlies, and trustees. Eventually he brings you into a private room in the infirmary. Dennis is lying in a hospital bed. This is the first time you've not seen him in orange in over a decade. A hospital gown was half on, exposing the left side of his chest, and a heavy dressing is visible. Besides the Oxygen sensor on his finger, the blood pressure cuff on his right arm, and two inch across white circles stuch to his chest with wires coming off of him, he also has a hosed mask coving his mouth and nose. You can hear the machine the hose is attached to, though it is out of view.

Dennis' eyes flicker open, and though you can't see his mouth, his eyes indicate that he is smiling.

"Al--most... worth... it... See... you... No... glass..." The words are difficult for him to say with the breathing mask on, and are similarly not the clearest to listen to, but you manage.

A nurse starts talking to you, "Warden Lockheed has approved you being here, but please don't let him exert himself, or you will be asked to leave."

"I'm sure Ms. Veridians understands," Warden Lockheed says, "Let's give them a few minutes."

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
Spectrum wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 pm Liz tried to not let it touch her face, they were still working on that. She never was good at hiding her emotions though, they just normally shone through whatever was trying to hide. Poker face- yeah, not in this world.

"I better keep that one near. It's my 'work' phone. If it rings, it usually means something important is happening." she sighs, "Which I just texted everyone to meet up for drinks later tonight. I.. I'm trying so hard to do this Andi. Not even funny."

"Ow! Yes, thats a piece of seaweed that got trapped in my hair. Sometimes that happens when you're swimming through it."

Her eyebrow danced over her forehead, trying to bite back a comment. "So, you're seeing Daniel?"
Liz laughed quietly for a moment, and then stopped abruptly, "No." she said flatly. "He's cute and all. I mean, he's your brother, and you clearly both have good genes. But when he asked me out, I declined. I knew he was your brother, and I couldn't shake the feeling that he just wanted to use me to get closer to you."

"Your brother, he has good looks like yours?" Raoul piped in. "I don't suppose he's bi? I wouldn't even mind if he had seaweed in his hair, too."

Lisa smiled. She was pretty sure Raoul was in a committed relationship, and was just joking around.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Normal
jcjec wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:28 pm The woman sitting next to Wagner opened her top folder as Benjamin said, "my assistant, Ms. Green, has the documents and Mr. Blobbo," motioning to behind him, "has the funds. What you do with them is up to you. How many minerals and gems are we going to be transacting today?"
"Well, let's see, don't want to flood the markets y any means, so probably no tritium or whatnot today. Need to be a specific lab environments for any of the expensive but unstable stuff. How about we stick to standard commodity metals today, gold, platinum, and palladium? Would 800 Troy Oz of each, or 24.8 kilograms of each material be alright to start with? I don't want to overdo things, but want a decent start. I can scale up or down as you recommend without issue."
Expertise Science; Expertise Business (eidetic memory): 1D20+14 = [1]+14 = 15;1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23 Just to get some idea of how much I should make and the market would handle. Note, can transform up to 400 lbs at max rank at a time.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Shaper
DeusPravus wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 pm "Well, let's see, don't want to flood the markets by any means, so probably no tritium or whatnot today. Need to be a specific lab environments for any of the expensive but unstable stuff. How about we stick to standard commodity metals today, gold, platinum, and palladium? Would 800 Troy Oz of each, or 24.8 kilograms of each material be alright to start with? I don't want to overdo things, but want a decent start. I can scale up or down as you recommend without issue."
Wagner smiled as he pulled out his savantphone, quickly working over some calculations. "Current market value of gold is $39,529.31 per ounce, making $980,326.89. Platinum dropped slightly to $31,909.59, making that one $791,357.83. Palladium is the least of the three at $24,913.59 per ounce, so that would be $617,857.03. That makes a grand total of $2,389,541.75." He stops for a second, making sure that Ms. Green has been filling in the blanks on the second set of documents correctly. "Minus my 15% handling fee of $358,431.26, that leaves a grand total of $2,031,110.49. Does that sound acceptable to you, Mr. Matthews?"

Wertham clears his throat, to which Wagner finished with "Plus, you may want to give Mr. Wertham a retainer for his work and future assistance."
Last edited by jcjec on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/Waverunner

Liz smiles up to Andi, "Smart woman." she sighs as she looks between her friends, "I really should see what he wants to talk to me about." a close of her beautiful eyes before they get stormy, "I love him, he's my brother. He just makes it really hard to like him. I keep wondering what I'm going to have to bail him out of.. or who he is going to use.. or how he's going to use me. He can be really sweet and charming but he's such a user!" a gulping sigh, "Yeah, enough talk about him before I ruin all your work."

Her eyes flash open again, mischief bright, "Well, I can't recommend my brother but... I could recommend my boyfriend's brother." Mmm, let's see how long she can make this last....
"He's warm and funny.. so smart! Big beautiful eyes.. you think my skin is good, you should really see him.. athletic.. he's built like a Greek statue." her fingers drift apart, hinting at something a size queen would drool over "Mysterious and exotic too." She peeks over to Raoul, to see if she has him panting yet. A curious look to Andi and Lisa too?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou/Maxine
HP : 1
Condition : stressed (normal otherwise)
"Ms. Veridians?" said the man, "We've never met in person; I'm Randolph Lockheed. As warden, I want to give you my assurances that my staff and I will find the party or parties responsible for the attack. If you come with me, I'll bring you in to Mr. Green."

It's clear that the prison warden is taking this seriously (and probably wants to avoid a lawsuit), taking a hands on approach to make sure you get into the infirmary to see Dennis.

His presence get you past a few more checkpoints, orderlies, and trustees. Eventually he brings you into a private room in the infirmary. Dennis is lying in a hospital bed. This is the first time you've not seen him in orange in over a decade. A hospital gown was half on, exposing the left side of his chest, and a heavy dressing is visible. Besides the Oxygen sensor on his finger, the blood pressure cuff on his right arm, and two inch across white circles stuck to his chest with wires coming off of him, he also has a hosed mask covering his mouth and nose. You can hear the machine the hose is attached to, though it is out of view.

Dennis' eyes flicker open, and though you can't see his mouth, his eyes indicate that he is smiling.

"Al--most... worth... it... See... you... No... glass..." The words are difficult for him to say with the breathing mask on, and are similarly not the clearest to listen to, but you manage.

A nurse starts talking to you, "Warden Lockheed has approved you being here, but please don't let him exert himself, or you will be asked to leave."

"I'm sure Ms. Veridians understands," Warden Lockheed says, "Let's give them a few minutes."
"Wonderful to see you too, dad !" she stated as she took his hand in hers, "I just wish it was under any other circumstances but these !

But if all goes well, and you do nothing but focus on healing, we'll get to talk again in no time.

I have some good news since my last visit - I'm working with a team of heroes to protect the world from overpowered idiots. Well, the state of Florida right now, but everyone has to start somewhere, right ? It's a bit different working with a team than as a solo act, but I'll adapt. It IS what I do !

Do you know who did this to you ?"
she inquired, "Was it one of your old backers, or some random thug ?"
Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou/Maxine
Prof Weird wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:44 am
"Wonderful to see you too, dad !" she stated as she took his hand in hers, "I just wish it was under any other circumstances but these !

But if all goes well, and you do nothing but focus on healing, we'll get to talk again in no time.

I have some good news since my last visit - I'm working with a team of heroes to protect the world from overpowered idiots. Well, the state of Florida right now, but everyone has to start somewhere, right ? It's a bit different working with a team than as a solo act, but I'll adapt. It IS what I do !

Do you know who did this to you ?"
she inquired, "Was it one of your old backers, or some random thug ?"
"Shivved... be-... -hind..." Dennis shook his head 'no'. "You... Aunt... Al-... -ex... whole... fam... turn... he-... -ro..."