(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou/Maxine
HP : 1
Condition : normal

It wasn't too surprising that he hadn't seen his attacker, but it was worth asking about just in case.
"You... Aunt... Al-... -ex... whole... fam... turn... he-... -ro..."
"So his mad scientist aunt's name is 'Alex'." Mozou mused, "and she turned hero ? That implies she wasn't one before ..."

She mulled over what she knew so far - he had a mad scientist aunt named 'Alex'. Probably short for Alexandra or Alexis. Probably a Dr or a PhD, depending on what sort of science she was mad about.

She was a radical back in the late 60s, so she'd be at least 60 or more years old right now.
She lives in San Francisco. She was a hero.

Mozou had spent her formative years in Dennis' lab, and learned all about supers (so she'd know what to expect from them, and how to counter their strengths, and what weaknesses to look for).

Trying an Expertise (Pop Culture : supers) check to see if she might know something about aunt Alex _: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
"We'll talk about all that at length." she replied, "Later. Once you're safely out of intensive care.
But for now, I'm going to have some potentially colorful words with Warden Lockheed about your situation."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Melody/Ice Princess
"Sacrifice your self-respect an become an easy lay," Farrah replied. "Not worth it. I'm saving myself for Josh."

"Well, right now we need to think about the lab we have in Chem today, which we need to get to," Farrah replied. One of the joys the girl's discovered a few months earlier was that they had the same third hour Chemistry class, and Mr. Knudsen let the besties be lab partners. "We can brainstorm how to become popular ideas over lunch."

"Easy lay, hm? Let just anyone in my pants at the next opportunity? Well it works for others- if I can just--" she stops, eyeing the males around her.... All potential suitors.

"Let us never speak of this again." she says, bursting out laughing at the horror-show of options before her.
A few hours later, she's sitting with Farrah in the cafateria. She and Farrah spent chemistry together, trying to use electrolysis to seperate water into its component gasses, and then direct those gasses into dish soap to make oxygen and hydrogen bubbles. Then they split up for their respective fourth hour classes. And now they're both looking at trays containing large squares of the tomato-paste and plastic covered cardboard that the school board laughingly calls 'pizza'.

The girls sit across from one another near the end of a long double table. The rest of the long table is empty. For the first seven minutes of the lunch period, the majority of the two tables were occupied by the Under the Stairs People, then there was a foot or so of empty space, and then where Melody and Farrah sat. By seven minutes into the lunch period, food has been consumed or pocketed, and by eight minutes into the period they were gone from the table.

It has now been two minutes since they went to their preferred location: under the stairs.

"So, did you have to deal with any of the Countess' Court last period?" Melody asks, between mouths of pseudo-pizza.

(OOC: What 4th hour class was, and what happened, I'm leaving to you Jab.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
Her eyes flash open again, mischief bright, "Well, I can't recommend my brother but... I could recommend my boyfriend's brother." Mmm, let's see how long she can make this last....
"He's warm and funny.. so smart! Big beautiful eyes.. you think my skin is good, you should really see him.. athletic.. he's built like a Greek statue." her fingers drift apart, hinting at something a size queen would drool over "Mysterious and exotic too." She peeks over to Raoul, to see if she has him panting yet. A curious look to Andi and Lisa too?
Andi and Lisa both have eyes like saucers, listening to Liz. Raoul, oddly, seems very focussed on Liz' hair.

Soon, though, Pablo calls down, asking how soon Liz will be ready. So, everyone doubles down on getting down to work.

The next few hours are a whirlwind of activity and monotany. As Liz expected, there's a lot of of changing into various swimwear, and Pablo trying to elicit photogenic emotional responses from the various models as he clicks away.

Then, at about 2:50, there is a disturbance as an unknown person enters the studio. Pablo yells at the stranger, a hispanic man in his mid-30s in an expensive suit. Most of the stranger's reply is drowned out by the blaring rock music that Pablo uses to set the mood, but Liz is pretty sure she hears the word "attorney".

This is when that the stranger is just one of three stangers. Two others were keeping back, letting the lawyer take the lead. The two hanging back, a man and a woman, are standing like they are a couple. The man looks to be in late-40s or early-50s with dark hair that is graying at the sides; he's tall-ish, and looks pretty solidly built under his blue polo shirt and khakis. The woman looks to be in her early-to-mid fourties; she is an attractive redhead in a maternity dress; she is clearly several months pregnant.

While she was sizing up the strangers, Pablo and the lawyer quietly talked.

Finally, Pablo callled out, "Okay, ladies, Kevin, we're gonna take a twnety minute break, then get changed for the next set. Smoke 'em if you got 'em."

The male model, Kevin, looks puzzled.

"Not you Harrison," Pablo calls to Liz. "Mr. Barajas is here to see you. Andi, show Liz and our guests to the lounge."

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou/Maxine
It wasn't too surprising that he hadn't seen his attacker, but it was worth asking about just in case.
"You... Aunt... Al-... -ex... whole... fam... turn... he-... -ro..."
"So his mad scientist aunt's name is 'Alex'." Mozou mused, "and she turned hero ? That implies she wasn't one before ..."

She mulled over what she knew so far - he had a mad scientist aunt named 'Alex'. Probably short for Alexandra or Alexis. Probably a Dr or a PhD, depending on what sort of science she was mad about.

She was a radical back in the late 60s, so she'd be at least 60 or more years old right now.
She lives in San Francisco. She was a hero.

Mozou had spent her formative years in Dennis' lab, and learned all about supers (so she'd know what to expect from them, and how to counter their strengths, and what weaknesses to look for).

Trying an Expertise (Pop Culture : supers) check to see if she might know something about aunt Alex _: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
Nothing comes immediately to mind, but Mozou does recall a speedstress (cleverly called "Speedstress") who hailed from San Fancisco and dressed like a hippy, and was something of a radical. Specifically, a so-called Free Radical. But despite her dress sense, the picture that Mozou remembers seeing, the woman was too young to be a real 1960s radical.
"We'll talk about all that at length." she replied, "Later. Once you're safely out of intensive care.
But for now, I'm going to have some potentially colorful words with Warden Lockheed about your situation."
Mozou finds the warden near the nurses station. The nurse, seeing Maxine approaching, gets up and heads to check on Dennis.

"How is your ..." the warden starts. He seems unsure of his words and/or of the relationship. "How is Dennis doing, in your opinion, Ms. Viridans?"

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith

"Priority code is Omega..." Stephyn replies. Omega was code for extremely dangerous...something that needed secured and warded. His recent loss of focus...his two days before bringing in...he needed to get this somewhere safe as soon as he could.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Shadowbourne wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:58 am Wraith
"Priority code is Omega..." Stephyn replies. Omega was code for extremely dangerous...something that needed secured and warded. His recent loss of focus...his two days before bringing in...he needed to get this somewhere safe as soon as he could.
Hall's voice went slightly up in pitch, but he remained professional. "Understood. You are cleared for arrival and precautions will be waiting. I'll inform Fontaine."
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Normal
jcjec wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:02 pm Wagner smiled as he pulled out his savantphone, quickly working over some calculations. "Current market value of gold is $39,529.31 per ounce, making $980,326.89. Platinum dropped slightly to $31,909.59, making that one $791,357.83. Palladium is the least of the three at $24,913.59 per ounce, so that would be $617,857.03. That makes a grand total of $2,389,541.75." He stops for a second, making sure that Ms. Green has been filling in the blanks on the second set of documents correctly. "Minus my 15% handling fee of $358,431.26, that leaves a grand total of $2,031,110.49. Does that sound acceptable to you, Mr. Matthews?"

Wertham clears his throat, to which Wagner finished with "Plus, you may want to give Mr. Wertham a retainer for his work and future assistance."
"All your calculations seem to be in order. Of course, a retainer for Mr. Wertham sounds quite useful. I'm not sure how much that would require, but I can include the resources to cover it. Do you want me to bring forth the materials in this room now, and if so, do you have a space I can worth with. The table would probably suffice for the weights I am working with, but I wouldn't want to be presumptuous."

As he says this, Bryan shifts up the sleeves of his suit jacket to show the interface portion of the gauntlets, and taps a few keys to shift the settings to enhance his innate abilities. In the corner of the display, the reminder for the meeting with Director Duran was seen.

"I'll be meeting with the current Director of the Tampa CREST labs later today, after which I can let you know how periodic these resource transfers will need to be, based on their requirements."
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

DeusPravus wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:50 am Shaper

"All your calculations seem to be in order. Of course, a retainer for Mr. Wertham sounds quite useful. I'm not sure how much that would require, but I can include the resources to cover it. Do you want me to bring forth the materials in this room now, and if so, do you have a space I can worth with. The table would probably suffice for the weights I am working with, but I wouldn't want to be presumptuous."

As he says this, Bryan shifts up the sleeves of his suit jacket to show the interface portion of the gauntlets, and taps a few keys to shift the settings to enhance his innate abilities. In the corner of the display, the reminder for the meeting with Director Duran was seen.
Mr. Wertham spoke. "A fifty thousand dollar retainer would cover just about anything that may come up for quite some time. And of course, I can provide detailed expenditure notes monthly if you would like. And yes, please, the table is yours."
DeusPravus wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:50 am "I'll be meeting with the current Director of the Tampa CREST labs later today, after which I can let you know how periodic these resource transfers will need to be, based on their requirements."
"That sounds reasonable," Wagner responded. "Due to the nature of my business, I may not always be available personally, but please know that Ms. Green and Mr. Blobbo have my full authority to act in my stead." As he says this, Ms. Green smiles while moving her paperwork out of the way.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 am Melody/Ice Princess
"Sacrifice your self-respect an become an easy lay," Farrah replied. "Not worth it. I'm saving myself for Josh."

"Well, right now we need to think about the lab we have in Chem today, which we need to get to," Farrah replied. One of the joys the girl's discovered a few months earlier was that they had the same third hour Chemistry class, and Mr. Knudsen let the besties be lab partners. "We can brainstorm how to become popular ideas over lunch."

"Easy lay, hm? Let just anyone in my pants at the next opportunity? Well it works for others- if I can just--" she stops, eyeing the males around her.... All potential suitors.

"Let us never speak of this again." she says, bursting out laughing at the horror-show of options before her.
A few hours later, she's sitting with Farrah in the cafateria. She and Farrah spent chemistry together, trying to use electrolysis to seperate water into its component gasses, and then direct those gasses into dish soap to make oxygen and hydrogen bubbles. Then they split up for their respective fourth hour classes. And now they're both looking at trays containing large squares of the tomato-paste and plastic covered cardboard that the school board laughingly calls 'pizza'.

The girls sit across from one another near the end of a long double table. The rest of the long table is empty. For the first seven minutes of the lunch period, the majority of the two tables were occupied by the Under the Stairs People, then there was a foot or so of empty space, and then where Melody and Farrah sat. By seven minutes into the lunch period, food has been consumed or pocketed, and by eight minutes into the period they were gone from the table.

It has now been two minutes since they went to their preferred location: under the stairs.

"So, did you have to deal with any of the Countess' Court last period?" Melody asks, between mouths of pseudo-pizza.

(OOC: What 4th hour class was, and what happened, I'm leaving to you Jab.)
"Ugh- don't make me think of her after i had to eat THIS- I think I'm gonna have to ask my mom to start packing lunches again... even though she still makes little bows around the packages because UGH MY MOM!" Melody finds her parents as tiresome as any teen does- she's pretty sure this would be the same even if they were her birth parents.

"No- it was pretty much the same crap from them. Daggers from the eyes and junk. Chrissie rolled her eyes when I got the wrong answer in Stupid Math Class, and Trixie acted like she was privileged when Mr. Brizby pedo'd out on her in class, acting like it was cuz she's so hot instead of just because he picks one short, skinny brunette in every class to mack on. I swear they're only friends with Contessa because they're afraid of not being in the "In" crowd or being the ones who get made fun of... nobody could ACTUALLY enjoy her company. No way."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/ Waverunner

Liz was still confused by the reaction to talking about her friend. She had slowed... down... when... the audience had turned against her. What did they know about her that she didn't know. I mean the guy was a hunk. Should she not have mentioned the size? Was there some aspect of her description that was a turn off? Was it the difficulties that the interracial relationship would have from the very beginning? Was she just not entertaining?

Still, she had a job to do, and she did it well. While she wasn't the most talented in the group, she tried to make things work for her. There was a reason why Andi called her as a backup right? It wasn't just desperation, right?

This newest development was strange. Who were these people? How could they know that she was here when she didn't know a few hours ago? Hopefully they didn't cost her future work. It was pretty unprofessional for her to break up a shoot for private matters. Was this related to her brother trying to get in contact with her?

She fingerwiggled towards the couple before stepping back behind a curtain and shrugging into a way too small and short robe.

"Hi! I'm Elizabeth Harrison! It's nice to meet you. How can I be of assistance?" all smiles and cheerfulness. It wouldn't do to scare off the nice people.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou/Maxine
Condition : normal
Mozou finds the warden near the nurses station. The nurse, seeing Maxine approaching, gets up and heads to check on Dennis.

"How is your ..." the warden starts. He seems unsure of his words and/or of the relationship. "How is Dennis doing, in your opinion, Ms. Viridans?"

One of the many problems Mozou noted about being a construct is that she looks older than she really is - Dr Dennis Green started assembling her genome in 1985, and succeeded by 1995. She was initially constructed as a young child (about five years old) and aged three times faster than normal so she'd be at a useful age by 2000. She looked about twenty then, and her aging rate reverted to normal once fully grown and developed.

That was seventeen years ago.

So, even though she sees him as her dad, and he is essentially her father (having raised her and, well, brought her into this world), she looked more like a much younger sister or cousin. Legally, the issue was even worse - adoption not viable, court would not grant him wardship, she has no genetic sequences from him at all, and she wasn't even sure she fully qualifies as a person ! There are ALWAYS some neo-Luddites screaming about 'abominations in the sight of the Lord !!!' or some nonesuch to show off how devout they were, and deprive her of any rights she 'does not deserve' - such as the right to LIVE

"Well, he is doing as well as could be expected FOR SOMEONE THAT'S HAD A SHARP OBJECT RAMMED INTO HIS BODY !!!" she finally replied, losing a bit of her temper before reigning it back, "Sorry ! What happened here warden ?! He's a scientist ! One of the least violent people I've ever known ! What could he have done to deserve to end up like - this ?!"
Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
"Not you Harrison," Pablo calls to Liz. "Mr. Barajas is here to see you. Andi, show Liz and our guests to the lounge."

This newest development was strange. Who were these people? How could they know that she was here when she didn't know a few hours ago? Hopefully they didn't cost her future work. It was pretty unprofessional for her to break up a shoot for private matters. Was this related to her brother trying to get in contact with her?

She fingerwiggled towards the couple before stepping back behind a curtain and shrugging into a way too small and short robe.

"Hi! I'm Elizabeth Harrison! It's nice to meet you. How can I be of assistance?" all smiles and cheerfulness. It wouldn't do to scare off the nice people.
Andi moved forward to do as Pablo asked and show Liz and the strangers to the lounge.

"Hello. My name is Javier Barajas," he extended a business card toward Liz, "I'll hopefully be able to introduce my guests to you in a few minutes. I'm a lawyer. Specifically, I'm Barbara Stiles' lawyer. You may remember her as 'Elephanteen'. He explains as they walk.

The business card says 'Javier Barajas, Attorney-at-Law' under the logo for 'Jones & Knight Law Offices'. There is a Boston street address. And the phone and FAX numbers have eastern Massachussets area codes on them (though I don't know if Liz would know that).

"Here you go, Pablo's lounge-cum-conference room," Andi says. "Excuse me, please." As Andi walks off, she gived Liz a puzzled look as she mouths 'Jones and Knight'.
Make a general Intellect check to see if she recognises the name "Jones and Knight"
Mr. Barajas reaches into briefcase, and produces a several page document, which he then hands to Liz. The words 'Non-Disclosure Agreement' are printed clearly across the top of the top page.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou/Maxine
"Well, he is doing as well as could be expected FOR SOMEONE THAT'S HAD A SHARP OBJECT RAMMED INTO HIS BODY !!!" she finally replied, losing a bit of her temper before reigning it back, "Sorry ! What happened here warden ?! He's a scientist ! One of the least violent people I've ever known ! What could he have done to deserve to end up like - this ?!"
Warden Lockheed sighed before answering. "There was a fight at breakfast this morning, two men vying to be 'toughest man in the cellblock' or one wanting the other's eggs or something equally important. And the rest of the men in the cafeteria, as is usually the case when this type of thing happens, gather around in a large circle, three or four men thick, around the combatants. Watching, egging on, rooting for one or the other to spill blood from the other. Mr. Green was in this 'viewers' circle' and someone else stabbed him. The guards were focussed on getting through the circle and stopping the fight. Once they realised he'd been stabbed, they got him here." Lockheed gestured to the infirmary.

"The two who were fighting will be in solitary for the next month. We're trying to figure out if either colluded with the attacker to create the diversion, or the attacker was simply an opportunist. I have my people talking to the inmates, trying to see if anyone saw anything. Unfortunatly, being a snitch in prison... Well, the few rewards I could offer harly mitigate the risk of being a snitch."

"As far as motive, I can make a few guesses. I assume you knows he owes money to people; people who can exert influence here despite my best efforts. Or it could be someone being mad at him because they thought he was receiving too favourable treatment from me."

"I should explain. Mr. Green, Dennis really. I call him Dennis. He's a model prisoner. He's earned a spot as a trustee here. And I was talking to him one day about science. I've seen his file, and I asked him if he could think of anything I could suggest to my daughter for her then upcoming science fair. She'd come to me for help, and I was at a loss. I try to be there for my kids, but this job makes it difficult sometimes. And Dennis, he had ideas; he even offered to help her, if I brought her by my office here. And he did, bless him. She won first place, even." The Warden's pride in his daughter was evident.

"I like Dennis, as much as I can allow myself to professionally like any of my inmates. And, as a penalogist, I shouldn't be saying this, but I think he shouldn't actually be here. Maybe one of the 'Club Fed' prisons. Not here. But I'm not a lawyer. But during the time he was helping Clarissa, I let him eat dinner in my office, not in GenPop. He's a trustee, for God's sake, in MY prison; that's my perogative. But I can easily see where that kind of favoured treatment may have been resented.

"And if it is my fault, I may never forgive myself.

"It's only been since this morning, and my staff and I are investigating and will continue to do so. But I'll be honest, the chances of finding the person who did it aren't great."

Lockheed then lowered his voice further, "My best suggestion, honestly, is find him a better lawyer. Get him transferred out of here. Maybe even paroled. If you have contact with his aunt, talk to her. She may still have contacts or a better lawyer. I'll be honest, one of my recurring nightmares back when I discovered the connection, was her and her band of merry men coming and breaking him out. Thank God she's switched sides a few years ago."

Ken

Post by Ken »

Melody/Ice Princess
"Ugh- don't make me think of her after i had to eat THIS- I think I'm gonna have to ask my mom to start packing lunches again... even though she still makes little bows around the packages because UGH MY MOM!" Melody finds her parents as tiresome as any teen does- she's pretty sure this would be the same even if they were her birth parents.

"No- it was pretty much the same crap from them. Daggers from the eyes and junk. Chrissie rolled her eyes when I got the wrong answer in Stupid Math Class, and Trixie acted like she was privileged when Mr. Brizby pedo'd out on her in class, acting like it was cuz she's so hot instead of just because he picks one short, skinny brunette in every class to mack on. I swear they're only friends with Contessa because they're afraid of not being in the "In" crowd or being the ones who get made fun of... nobody could ACTUALLY enjoy her company. No way."
BRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Before Farrah can answer, the sound of the fire alarm going off fills the school.

"Fi-- d--ll?" Farrah tries to ask. Between what could be heard and her mouth movements, she probably was asking about a fire drill.
Please make a Perception (olfactory) check
I'd like to tell you that the students in the cafeteria line-up quietly to exit the building in an orderly fashion. But, honestly, the cafeteria monitors (one home ec teacher and that one creepy school bus driver who's, like, a permanently available substitute teacher) fail their Expertise: Student Discipline rolls due to circumstance modifiers (# of students, it being lunch time, etc.). It is loud, and people start exiting the cafeteria in a non-orderly fashion.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Oh, crapsicles", says Melody, annoyed by the obvious inconvenience. She goes to merge with the unreasoning horde of students.

Perception (olfactory): 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14