(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
DeusPravus

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Normal

As Shaper nears the parking lot, he drops the cloaking on the outside of the jet. About 100m above the surface, suddenly a sleek black jet appears, sporting the Guardsman logo on the underside of the wings and along the fuselage. Taking it easy, Shaper lands in a large enough open space and opens the cargo hold.

Seeing Mozou, Shaper waves. "This was something I managed to create using my powers since the the time at the rig. Rather than improvising each time I or the team needed to get somewhere fast, I figured out a way to save the blueprint to my gauntlet, so I can actualize the plane when needed."

Shaper gestures with one hand at the opposite gauntlet. On the display can been seen the data for the plane, as well as a remote control interface.

"So where is Mangrove's pod?"
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:1 Cnd: spooked

Shadows flared and danced as the door was yanked open...tendrils of darkness with hooked talons sprang to life, whipping about Stephyn as he took a step back, hands raising in the beginnings of an arcane gesture.

"What the hell have you stumbled into this time, boy?"

Anger suddenly pushed the fear back. Anger that almost had Stephyn finishing the spell, just to see if the old man could react in time. Then he saw the eyes...Fontaine's eyes shone with a curiosity that the young shadowknight shared. And for that instant, he and the old mage were on the same page.

With a dismissive gesture, Stephyn banished the shadow tendrils while giving a thought to a worry. The tendrils were from the shadowbeast. they appeared even before he could do more than take a breath. They came out to protect him...and that worried Stephyn. Did they come out to protect him? Or did they want something else? Was the beast getting stronger? Was he loosing...

Striding forward, Wraith maneuvered the old mage back as he stepped in, " One of the Thirteen...in German." Drops of sweat run down his forehead. Reaching back, he closes the door with an ominous click. "Two days ago, I was shown this...TWO DAYS ago. I should have brought it in right away....I should have come here immediately." Reaching in his coat, Stephyn brings out the Germanicus Manual. Now...inside the Consilium safehouse, he could feel the wrongness of the tome. The evil that seemed to seep off it in nauseating waves. In a quiet whisper," It needs to be warded...it needs to be...away."

With a wary tentativeness worthy of a deadly viper, Wraith places the Germanicus Manual on Norman's desk.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Wraith
Shadowbourne wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:35 am Striding forward, Wraith maneuvered the old mage back as he stepped in, " One of the Thirteen...in German." Drops of sweat run down his forehead. Reaching back, he closes the door with an ominous click. "Two days ago, I was shown this...TWO DAYS ago. I should have brought it in right away....I should have come here immediately." Reaching in his coat, Stephyn brings out the Germanicus Manual. Now...inside the Consilium safehouse, he could feel the wrongness of the tome. The evil that seemed to seep off it in nauseating waves. In a quiet whisper," It needs to be warded...it needs to be...away."

With a wary tentativeness worthy of a deadly viper, Wraith places the Germanicus Manual on Norman's desk.
With all of Wraith's build-up, Norman took a long step back as the book touched his desk. He obviously didn't want to have anything to do with it.

The old man, however, had a different reaction. "Don't be so melodramatic, boy. It's just an instruction manual, not a mystical object into itself. A prize nonetheless, but just a book, for cry'n out loud." As he stepped forward to open it, he asked, "where did you find it?"
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"So, you can create a jet any time you'd need one then ?" she replied, somewhat impressed, "Certainly better than pushing Wraith's abilities too often when we need to move the whole team instead of one person at a time."
"So where is Mangrove's pod?"
"Right here in the back of the truck." she replied, "I had to borrow it from a friend, since the pod wouldn't fit in my car.

I was heading for your lab, but someone tried to kill my dad, so I had to come here instead.

It's - been a rather hectic day for me so far. And I haven't even gotten started on some of the other stuff I have to deal with yet !"
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess
Despite the blaring alarm, Melody can still here the sound of the siren of a fire truck pulling up outside.

"Ooh! Firemen! I hope they're cute!' Melody thinks immediately. She decides to stick around until they get there, if only to figure out the cause of the blaze, or catch some Firemen. Whichever.

She also fires some more ice at the ceiling, trying to flatten those flames.

By the time the firemen get inside, and to this hallway, Ice Princess has gotten the flames almost completely out.

A couple of hunky firemen start getting into the ceiling and Farrah's locker, checking things, and making sure the fire is out. But not before giving the blue-haired teen some puzzling looks.

Another firefighter, an 'ancient' looking man of at least 40, comes up to the principal, "Joel, we have to stop meeting like..." He does a double take at Ice Princess.

"Andy, I have no idea," Joel the principal says. "But she's why you and your boys have less to do here."

"Miss?" Andy the lead firefighter tilts his helmet to Ice Princess.

"Splooosh..." she thinks as she gazes at the broad-shouldered firemen, though she snaps back to reality when she spots the one as old as her DAD.

"Oh. Uh, hi. I put out the fire thingie. Well, most of it. I'm a superhero!" she smiles awkwardly. "Do you, uh... know what started it?"
"We appreciate the help, miss," Andy says. "I didn't realise any of the Guardsmen were so young. It's a little early to say what happened."

"Hey, Lieutenant," says one of the other, younger, firemen from in front of what is left of the locker. "This is probably a part of it. There's a broken bottle of nail polish remover here."

"Nobody touch it," Lietenant Andy says. "Not until we get pictures to document." He turns back to Ice Princess and Principal Joel, "Acetone fumes from the spilled polish remover gives us fuel and how the fire got above the locker. Obviously, we'll need to find an ignition point. Principal Grenadine," switching away from the principal's given name to his professional name, "do you know who's locker this is?"

"I'll have to check," replies Joel Grenadine.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/ Waverunner

A few signatures, a few smiles, more nods.

"I think that everything went really well. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again soon. Just need to get someone to look over this paperwork." she blushes, "I'm sure its not necessary, but.." she shrugs, "One less thing for them to yell at me about."

Handshakes (or hugs) as they allow. She's the huggy sort, but personal space is important too.. you know, nice folks.

"I really hope to talk with you soon."

She grabs the contract, holding it against her chest as she steps back out. Deep in thought before she is distracted again.

"Sorry for the interruption folks. I know all of our times are really important."

That doesn't stop a bounce coming to her steps.

That was sooo cool!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:22 pm Ice Princess
Despite the blaring alarm, Melody can still here the sound of the siren of a fire truck pulling up outside.

"Ooh! Firemen! I hope they're cute!' Melody thinks immediately. She decides to stick around until they get there, if only to figure out the cause of the blaze, or catch some Firemen. Whichever.

By the time the firemen get inside, and to this hallway, Ice Princess has gotten the flames almost completely out.

A couple of hunky firemen start getting into the ceiling and Farrah's locker, checking things, and making sure the fire is out. But not before giving the blue-haired teen some puzzling looks.

Another firefighter, an 'ancient' looking man of at least 40, comes up to the principal, "Joel, we have to stop meeting like..." He does a double take at Ice Princess.

"Andy, I have no idea," Joel the principal says. "But she's why you and your boys have less to do here."

"Splooosh..." she thinks as she gazes at the broad-shouldered firemen, though she snaps back to reality when she spots the one as old as her DAD.

"Oh. Uh, hi. I put out the fire thingie. Well, most of it. I'm a superhero!" she smiles awkwardly. "Do you, uh... know what started it?"
"We appreciate the help, miss," Andy says. "I didn't realise any of the Guardsmen were so young. It's a little early to say what happened."

"Hey, Lieutenant," says one of the other, younger, firemen from in front of what is left of the locker. "This is probably a part of it. There's a broken bottle of nail polish remover here."

"Nobody touch it," Lietenant Andy says. "Not until we get pictures to document." He turns back to Ice Princess and Principal Joel, "Acetone fumes from the spilled polish remover gives us fuel and how the fire got above the locker. Obviously, we'll need to find an ignition point. Principal Grenadine," switching away from the principal's given name to his professional name, "do you know who's locker this is?"

"OMG- this guy thinks I'm one of the Guardsmen!!" Melody thinks, excited. "That's so cool!"

But the idea of an "ignition point" worries her greatly. What could her friend have been doing that would set a locker on fire?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:10 am

"OMG- this guy thinks I'm one of the Guardsmen!!" Melody thinks, excited. "That's so cool!"

But the idea of an "ignition point" worries her greatly. What could her friend have been doing that would set a locker on fire?
And, when have you ever known Farrah to undo her nails at school that she'd have nail polish remover here?

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/ Waverunner
Spectrum wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:04 am A few signatures, a few smiles, more nods.

"I think that everything went really well. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again soon. Just need to get someone to look over this paperwork." she blushes, "I'm sure its not necessary, but.." she shrugs, "One less thing for them to yell at me about."

Handshakes (or hugs) as they allow. She's the huggy sort, but personal space is important too.. you know, nice folks.

"I really hope to talk with you soon."

She grabs the contract, holding it against her chest as she steps back out. Deep in thought before she is distracted again.

"Sorry for the interruption folks. I know all of our times are really important."

That doesn't stop a bounce coming to her steps.

That was sooo cool!
As Mr. Barajas and the Roberts' leave they pass some of Liz' fellow models. There is a puzzled look of almost-but-not-quite-recognition on Jackson's face as he espies the shoot's lone male model, the long-haired but dim, Kevin. Daphne just urges her husband on. Kevin, though, just looks like Kevin.

"It's okay," Pablo says. "I needed the break. Let's get back to work people."

Andi slides up besides next to Liz, as everyone heads into the studio. "So, did you get that yummy Mr. Barajas' number? The other guy's a DILF, but he's clearly spoken for."

"Kevin, no," Pablo says. "Why don't you go put on the purple hammock? And Ailean, I changed my mind, let's go with the black one."

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"... Huh." Melody thinks. "Um, I'll leave you to it! Hopefully you're findings show up in the paper!" with that, she rushes off, transforming back to normal. She tries to find Farrah in the student rabble, proclaiming that "I heard it was YOUR locker that was caught in the fire! Did you have anything weird in there? Ps: sorry about your Josh pictures."
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: normal
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 am "So, you can create a jet any time you'd need one then ?" she replied, somewhat impressed, "Certainly better than pushing Wraith's abilities too often when we need to move the whole team instead of one person at a time."
"Yes, that definitely was one of the motivating factors behind this. I'd rather not rely on a form of transport with things I dont not and rather not understand."
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 am "Right here in the back of the truck." she replied, "I had to borrow it from a friend, since the pod wouldn't fit in my car.I was heading for your lab, but someone tried to kill my dad, so I had to come here instead.It's - been a rather hectic day for me so far. And I haven't even gotten started on some of the other stuff I have to deal with yet !"
"Roger that, if you can give me a hand moving the pod into the cargo bay, I can get you on your way. If you really need to get somewhere quick, could probably just load up the truck and fly you to where ever you need to go, and just leave the pod in the bay when you arrive. It's up to you."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/ Waverunner

A slow blink is earned as she watches the interplay between Jackson and Kevin. Jackson is old enough to be Kevin's father? Grandfather? Just how old were the classic heroes anyway?

"Hmmm? Yes. Well, sorta. Uhhhh.. other professional stuff?" a quizzical look comes to her eyes. "They couldn't tell me much but I'm supposed to call later. Anyway, I don't date sharks." She shrugs and steps closer to the shooting area. Her eyes searching over the crowd, thoughtful, a bit confused. The papers still clenched in her hand.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:41 am "... Huh." Melody thinks. "Um, I'll leave you to it! Hopefully you're findings show up in the paper!" with that, she rushes off, transforming back to normal. She tries to find Farrah in the student rabble, proclaiming that "I heard it was YOUR locker that was caught in the fire! Did you have anything weird in there? PS: sorry about your Josh pictures."
Melody finds her friend without too much trouble. Their homeroom teacher looks relieved upon seeing Melody joining the group.

"My locker?" Farrah exclaims. She keeps her voice low, though, despite her surprise. "Where'd you hear that? And all I have in there are schoolbooks and my backpack. And my locker decorations."

"And I'll just need to get more photo paper, and print them off again," she adds again. "I wonder what it was back in olden days when people used actual film."
And please make a visual perception check.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
Spectrum wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:52 pm "Hmmm? Yes. Well, sorta. Uhhhh.. other professional stuff?" a quizzical look comes to her eyes. "They couldn't tell me much but I'm supposed to call later. Anyway, I don't date sharks." She shrugs and steps closer to the shooting area. Her eyes searching over the crowd, thoughtful, a bit confused. The papers still clenched in her hand.
"I don't know about a relationship, but a one night stand might be nice," Andi says, still reflecting on watching Javier walk away. "Anyway, let's get you changed for the next set."

And the changing-picture taking-changing-picture taking soon resumes.
Is there anything more that you'd like to get out of the modelling gig scene?

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:57 pm Ice Princess

[quote=Jabroniville post_id=17600 tim
"My locker?" Farrah exclaims. She keeps her voice low, though, despite her surprise. "Where'd you hear that? And all I have in there are schoolbooks and my backpack. And my locker decorations."

"And I'll just need to get more photo paper, and print them off again," she adds again. "I wonder what it was back in olden days when people used actual film."
And please make a visual perception check.
(crap- what are we using for Rolls again? It's been too long- I rolled on this site: http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm)

Roll: d20+3 = 20 (17 + 3)