The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It's been more than a year since the universes merged together and brought the fantastic into an otherwise ordinary, completely mundane world. But with the fantastic also came the horrific. World-ending threats could, fortunately, be fought by heroes both new and traditional, but what about the secret threats?

The things that went bump in the night but stayed underneath the radar? Fortunately, among the people newly transitioned was Cecil Stedman. Ruthless and practical, he had been the leader of the Global Defense Agency in his own world, a group tasked with protecting the world from threats alien, supernatural and superhuman.

It was him who approached President Obama and suggested the formation of, at the very least, a national organisation tasked with the same goals. He got his wish and thus was born the Department of Extradimensional Operations. Nominally a branch of Homeland Security, Stedman used the confusion and unclear legality of superhumans and formerly "impossible" phenomenon to extend the group's reach internationally, to the point where the DXDO only answers to the President on paper.

He also went headhunting, gathering people from all over the place, mostly either agents who had worked in similar departments in their own worlds or people with superhuman abilities who were not on par with people like Superman and the like - people who could remain below the radar.

To some, he offered a job at the DXDO, to some others he offered an on-call relationship, allowing them to keep their independence while benefitting from a centralised communications and information network. In return, they would have to take missions from the DXDO.

//Everyone can choose whether they are working for the DXDO directly or if they are on call. Please give me a short intro post telling me what you are currently doing when your comm device beeps. Feel free to do a little world-building with your first post as well :)
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn Finnigan

At the local Buddhist Temple, the white-haired young woman danced, if such was the term for the intricate, circling kata she performed, the wind roiling in response to her command as she struck invisible targets. To the experienced eye, the martial arts form she was using was vaguely reminiscent of Baguazhang or "eight trigram palm". Though it was Saturday, she was still an employee of the DXDO and was on call whenever they needed her, whether it was on her day off or not.

She paused when her phone rang and picked it up. "Yes?"
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

One motorcycle in a line of motorcycles parked on the garage level, the blinking light normally associated with alarm systems was almost more of a heartbeat rhythm than electronic indication of an alarm... Using the wi-fi of the building, information flowed through the processor hidden in its chassis. The onboard computer was monitoring the news, specifically interested in things related to Cybertronians and to a slightly lesser extent, mecha in general.

Techs and agents walked past at different degrees of urgency, and whenever an agent headed to use this particular motorcycle, an attractive agent "stood up" from the other side of the motorcycle as if she had been tinkering with the motor and politely indicated to use another vehicle...

Ever since the incident with the DXDO operatives and the small contingent of Autobots and Decepticon, Torque had been with the DXDO, waiting for a chance to repay them for taking him in. No one had seen him take his robot form since he had fought and defeated that Mountain Dew vending machine that had gained its Spark at the same time... In the time since, he`d taken down four more Decepticons and had been instrumental in tests run on the SPEED (Stark Prototype Exo Enhancement Device) battlesuits from Stark Industries*... the ones based on Macross battlesuits...

As an another agent approached, the holographic form of the bike's ride materialized once again and stood up, ready to redirect to another bike in the fleet. Instead, recognition came through the vocal processors.

"Agent Danvers. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

If he needed to converse in person with anyone "upstairs", Agent Steele (the tech "tinkering" with the bike when others approached) would communicate via video conference until deployment.

*Not necessarily Stark as in Tony... simply a technology and weapons developer with the same name...
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Agent Nathan Long, DXDO." he practiced in the mirror, flashing the ID in its folding leather-looking wallet. The ID was the only real part of that wallet as he needed it's RFID and magnetic strip to authenticate his identity. He gave himself a few day's growth of stubble and a slightly more protruding jawline and tried it again.

"Agent Nathan Long. DXDO!" he said with more authority. "Hmm.... Maybe I should be taller." The naturally short man, 5'6", wasn't in the habit of changing his height or correcting the asymmetrical features that left him with a near-eternal smirk but it's only been 9 months since his accident and 6 months since his recruitment and training for this position. Maybe he should look toward changing his base looks...

The beeping on his collar alerted him to a call from the home office. "A-gent Nathan Long, DX...sht, I just had this!" he says with frustration
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Tracer

Back in her universe, Tracer was used to dealing with the likes of a super-intelligent gorilla, cybernetic ninja, and even a robot monk. Everything was so much different in this merge universe, though. Life had gotten strange! Tracer had always thought that the world could use more heroes, and now there really was no shortage of them, but the same could be said for villains. The Merge had introduced more than its fair share of threats, and somebody had to step in to stop them. Honestly, joining the Department of Extradimensional Operations was a simple decision for Tracer. Working for an international agency, being part of a team, fighting the impossible... it all brought back a sense of normalcy to her life.

So as Tracer was sitting in her apartment in London, the chronal accelerator humming softly in a corner while it charged, a smile came across her face as she received a call on the comm device given to her by the DXDO. It could could only mean one thing: there was work to be done.

"Hiya, Tracer here," she answered cheerfully.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rated M for MATURE (which is ironic if you think about it)
Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. (Really just the language but jeez what a potty mouth)

Hannibal King
HP: 1 ; LP: 1 Condition: frustrated

The jet black soft-tail rumbled like the thunder as it rolled down the dark asphalt wet with the passing storm.
Three days of chasing down leads on familiars had left Hannibal weary. Three days of tailing natives who thought vampires were sparkly and misunderstood, instead of the cowardly blood sucking murderous parasites they really were ... fucking familiars.

This one had claimed he was the Black Knight. Reports were he even had a big ass Ebony Blade and was cutting down 'evil-doers'. Doc Strange asked me to take a look, you know being I was coming up with dick on finding Abby I said sure I could use a diversion. Turns out the 'evil-doers' were one of the opposing Strains in the Night War. I'd just as soon avoided all of them, but Doc said it was important ... and on the positive side I got to kill a den of weak ass B Stains.

Turns out it's not the Ebony Sword at all, but a freaking fake. Apparently Dracula had replaced Dane Whitman's real Ebony Blade with this piece of crap ... the damn thing had a vampire fang in the asscrap hilt. Jesus Christ on a stick Doc you're gonna freaking owe me for this one.

The Master calls us Hannibal King. Obey and all you desire is yours. Your Abigail awaits us with the Master

Pulling off the street in front of an old brownstone, Hannibal yanks the sword off his back and starts smashing it against a cornerstone of the old building. Screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs weathered stone chipping as he uselessly beats at the sentient steel telling it to shut its .... mouth. Working up a sweat, King feeling eyes on his back, quickly turns blade in hand . . . Standing up panting after he recognizes the tall dark haired man with greying temples.

"Problems Hannibal?"

... based on a true story of the Ebony Blade.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Colonel Rick Flag
(The song "Wish It Was True" by The White Buffalo should be played when you read this:https://youtu.be/d-8eHYpLzok?list=RDd-8eHYpLzok)
Nameless Aparment in Washington Time:2340 hundred hours
He stared at it as it almost glittered in the one lamp he had on.Beside it,resting almost like a suicide note,was a large stack of Comic Books with his Face on several of them.Ever since the strange event had happened that placed him(and a large number of others) here,he found an almost zen like detatchment in continuing to do his "Duty",albut with the DXDO instead of Task Force X (in his mind,they were the same thing,just with a different name).
As he checked the Chamber&Safety for the eight hundredth time,he let his mind continue to dwell on his time here.he hadn't originally intended to get back into this line of "work",had just wanted to try to reconnect with Karin&try to actually have a family,but then came Stedman...

a knock at his door woke him up.Getting up from his bed quietly,he gripped the handel of the compact Colt M1911 variant in his right hand as he opened the door a crack with his left saying as he did
"who is it?"
he saw an old, grizzled looking caucasian male with thinning stringy white hair and piercing blue eyes wearing a suit, a white dress top, an off-colour tie and black dress shoes.giving rick a slightly intense look(almost as if he were appraising him),he said
"Col.Rick Flagg? Cecil Stedman,head of the DXDO.Can i come in?I need to talk to you about a job Oppertunity..."

After they talked for over an hour,He had wound up joining Stedman group.he knew he couldn't fully trust the Old man(the only person he ever fully trusted that was over him was Waller:at least she'd Manipulate you directly),but didn't really have to many choice's at the time.
Between mission's for Stedman&the DXDO,he was made to talk to an Agency Psychiatrist(a fairly large guy with Green hair named Lenord Samson) so he could "deal with his issues in a more Productive manner".....

As he sat in the Office,rick couldn't help but give the "Good Doctor" a ounce over:his best guess on height due to him sitting down was about 6&1/2-7 foot and a solid 3-400 pounds of muscle,but the most intresting fact was that he had very long Solid Green Hair done up in a low ponytail.
they sat there in silence for a good 15 minutes before he decided to say something
"so,col.How are you feeling today?"
"Fine.can i go now,or are you going to ask anything else idiotic?"
Raising a green eyebrow,Samson replied
"what make you say it's idiotic?"
Snorting,Rick crossed his arms over his chest as he said
"given how the world's currently going to %^&$-in-a-handcart by the day 'how are you feeling today' seem's rather stupid,don't you think?"
Placing his (rather large) hands on the table intwined,Samson said
"I personally don't think it is:The best way to sometimes to save the world is to save yourself first..."
"not me,doc.I assume they gave you my file right?" Getting a nod from Samson,Rick continued
"Then you know why i am the way i am.Some things in life are worth more than your life.We're done for the day,doc..."

As he finished Checking his Colt,his comm device went off.Pressing the Button,he said into it

"Flagg here.What do you need.."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" This is Agent Coulson. The DXDO needs you. Please step through the glowing gates that will appear next to you in a moment." The call ends and the announcement comes true, with a shining rectangular gate appearing right next to each of you. When you step through, you are standing in a nondescript meeting room together with agent Phil Coulson. " Glad you could make it", he says, " please sit down." When everyone has settled, he clears his throat and asks, " Alright...first question. What do you know of the alien drug called Spice?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Like from, Dune?! Blue eyes... 'Spice is life' stuff? Freaky children and all that?" Nathan blurts. being a native of this dimension he was still coming to grips with the stuff from movies and stories coming to life. It was a little dimensionally insensitive. But it was also a freaky situation.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The young woman considered. "I know it's from the Dune universe and it's addictive, but that's pretty much all I know. I never was a fan of the series."

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=148536 6 popular culture.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

The computer monitor displayed a rather non descript man, the type that didn't cause reactions either way. "I trust that this satisfies our agreement, Agent Coulson. Once people are more... accustomed... to me, I would be happy to wander the halls."

In response to the question, he adds.

"Nothing, I will admit. But I would be happy to catch up on the matter."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Tracer

"Hi, Agent Coulson," Tracer answered the call warmly. "I'll be right there, love!"

She wouldn't be of much use to the DXDO in just a plain white t-shirt though, so Tracer popped off the couch and raced to her bedroom and opened the closet door. Looking over her clothes, including an elf and sprinter outfits, the pilot decided on her classic look, pulling out a dark brown bomber jacket. She brushed the Great Britain flag patch before zipping it up, followed by securing her white bracers to her arms and placing a pair of orange-tinted goggles on top of her head. But of course, none of Tracer's outfits would be complete without her Chronal Accelerator; heading back to the living room, she picked up the device from its charging station and fastened it snugly over her chest. It came to life, glowing light blue at the circular centerpiece as a pleasant tingle ran up Tracer's spine, just like it always did whenever she put on the Accelerator. It was a feeling like every molecule in her body was charged and ready to zip at her command.

Suited up, Tracer stepped though the gate in her living room. She was no stranger to teleportation, whether it was by her own means and from using the portal device created by her former teammate, Symmetra, so she adjusted quickly to her new surroundings. She took a seat-no doubt taking a single spin if the char was able-before giving her full attention to Coulson.

"Sorry," Tracer replied, "but I know bugger all about this Spice drug. Is that what the kids are doing these days?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Rick Flagg HP:1 Condition:Normal
Throwing his Colt into his shoulder holster,Rick quickly stepped through the portal as he put on his "Mask"(as Samson was want to call it).
Giving a nod to phill as he sat down,Rick immediately started racking his Brain for Information about the Drug...

(http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=148611:1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23 BOOYA!)

"From what I know..."Rick began for those assembled
"Spice is the name for a type of an illicit substance or substances in demand throughout the galaxy. Spice is supposedly mined at the spice mines of Kessel, where Wookiee slaves were worked to death turning medicinal spice mineral into a dangerous drug. Spice mines could be found in several other planetary systems throughout the galaxy, including those of Ryloth and Naboo. One variation of the narcotic,known as ryll, was mined on the planet Ryloth and had both scientific and recreational properties. Sansanna spice was a type of spice that could be found throughout the galaxy...."
Narrowing his eyes,he say's
"...Or are you refering to Melange? a drug that gives the user a longer life span, greater vitality, and heightened awareness; it can also unlock prescience in some humans, depending upon the dosage and the consumer's physiology.This prescience-enhancing property makes safe and accurate interstellar travel possible. Melange comes with a steep price, however: it is addictive, and withdrawal is fatal."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

"Sounds like Dark Energon." Although he was young by Cybertronian standards - barely a few days old by human standards - Torque had been reading and watching the various fictions on the Transformers voraciously. That, and he found himself having a little bit of a collective unconscious when it came to Cybertronian lore. He couldn't do it consciously and figured it would not be a benefit if he came face to face with Optimus Prime, or worse, Megatron, but it was there. "The enhancing properties of... Melange did you call it? at least.

The reference might seem odd coming from the human face on the monitor, but it would make sense later.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hannibal King
HP: 1 ; LP: 1 Condition: Normal

The huge frosted beer mugs must have held a liter a piece. The ice barely melting as the one time Sorcerer Supreme and vampire use to be sipped the dark concoction Doc made ... somewhere in the brownstone. The beer had a nice foamy head on top of a dark earthy body, an almost roasted salty taste. "Christ, Doc. It's like drinking a porterhouse right off the grill." Glancing to his left, the vamp-blade sitting quietly in its sheath. Yeah that's right a-hole. Got nothing to say now that your under Doc's roof do you. Another sip and Hannibal felt his rage slip even farther away. Sometimes I think Doc makes this stuff just to take The Edge off.

Sorry Doc. I know it's not what you were hoping for but that piece of crap couldn't be in any better hands. Leaning in the dark seemingly damn expensive antique high-backed chair after taking another long sip. So ... let's see if I have this straight. In my world you were a movie and I fought things that bump in the night. In your world I was a movie and there were all kinds of things like the Avengers that were real, and there are comic books with versions of us that are nothing like us ... but might be real. Jesus I need another beer Doc."

It's at that point a bright white light shaped like a doorway appeared and a beautiful silver haired woman stepped through. Hannibal had never seen hair like that on a woman her age before but recognized her as one of Stillman's other Occult Specialist. Hannibal. Agent Coulson has been calling you. Hes not as patient as he once was." Making up a shifty excuse about the Doc's place must have wards or something blocking pagers, Hannibal says his good byes to Doc and leaves with the fiery eyes woman.

Strapping the dual shoulder rig of UV Pulse Pistols over his tank top Hannibal slips into the room just as one of the agents mentions Dune and a drug named Spice. "I read a couple of those books." Checking for stares. "Yeah I read. You can't look at the pictures forever."

"Kids were a bit messed up. Weren't they telepaths or something?"

"What the hell is a Wookie?"