3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Spectrum »

4) The thread starter made said thread with a particular goal in mind. Please respect that it is, for all intent purposes, their playground. If the main topic gets derailed sufficiently, the topic starter is within their rights to ask people to get back on topic, or to take things to the appropriate forum, such as the Debate forum.
Bladewind- I'm sorry if I've overstepped.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Not at all. I kinda appreciate the nod - even if I`m reasonably sure Starguard wasn't baiting.

We're more on our own here in Ares`sandbox, so, yeah. No harm. No foul.

Gotta get Jewel to post and we'll be moving. Freaking telepaths. You`d think they`d know we're waiting on them...

Did I get my RL mixed in my RP again?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote:Not at all. I kinda appreciate the nod - even if I`m reasonably sure Starguard wasn't baiting.
.... and you would be more than reasonably correct :) you know me better than Spectrum does though.

Spectrum I understand why you might think what you did and apologize for any consternation it might have caused you. I'd be more than happy to discuss anything you'd like through PM or another thread. Warning: I'm so middle of the road one "friend" accused me of having yellow stripes down my back. :D I just like to think I respect other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them. Unfortunately too many people confuse capitulation with respect.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Bladewind wrote:Gotta get Jewel to post and we'll be moving. Freaking telepaths. You`d think they`d know we're waiting on them...

Did I get my RL mixed in my RP again?
Or you could, y'know, just mention it to me at dinner... :mrgreen:
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Player Jewel

Saturn9
Jancel Ardeen
PL11/ 195 PP

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 1,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 5,
Presence 5

Powers
Telepathy: (67 points)
Mind Shied: Impervious 21 [(Impervious Will); Limited to Mental Powers, Sustained],
Mental Senses: Senses 7 [Acute, Ranged, Extended x3 Detect Minds, Mental Awareness],
Knowledge Transplant: Variable 1 [Enhanced Skills, Enhanced Advantages,; Free Action, Affects Others; Limited to Skills and Advantages, Limited to Subject's skill rank, Sense Dependent (Mental Contact)],
Mind Reading 11 [Linked Mental Communication 4]
Alt: Mental Blast: Damage 14 [Ranged, Alternate Save (Will)]
Alt: Mental Blast: Damage 14 [Ranged, Alternate Save (Will)]
Alt: Mind Control: Affliction 12 [Resisted by Will: Dazed/ Compelled/ Controlled; Ranged, Cumulative; Subtle]
Alt: Seeing Things: Illusion 7 [Selective, Continuous; Tiring; Subtle x2, Insidious]
Other Equipment: (4 points)
Force Field Belt: Protection 3 [Removable, Subtle x2]

Equipment
Flight Ring
Removable (-6 points)
Flight 4 [Aquatic, Dynamic]
Dyn: Enhanced Flight: Feature 1 [2 Ranks Enhanced Flight on wearer's existing flight rank]
Dyn: Super Strength: Power-Lifting 9 [Does not stack with existing strength bonuses; Dynamic]
Comm Link: Communication 4
Transsuit
Environmental Independence: Immunity 9 [(Immunity to Disease, Poison, All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation; Selective; Removable -3], Quick Change: Feature 1
Communication
Telepathic Earplug: Comprehend 2 [Understand, Be Understood; Linked to Mental Communication 2, Removable -2]

Advantages
Benefit 1 [Legion Membership, Espionage Squad],
Defensive Roll 5,
Teamwork,
Trance,
Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Will],
Ranged Attack 6,
Assessment,
Attractive 1,
Connected,
Inspire 2

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9),
Athletics 4 (+4),
Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+9),
Deception 7 (+12),
Insight 14 (+19),
Intimidation 16 (+21),
Investigation 6 (+11),
Perception 10 (+15),
Persuasion 6 (+6),
Stealth (+3),
Treatment 3 (+8),
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +3
Mental Blast +8, Damage 14
Unarmed +9, Damage 0

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 13
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 5),
Fortitude 7,
Will 15

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 71 + Advantages 15 + Skills 27 + Defenses 34 = Total 195

Complications
Pragmatic: Jancel will not always do the right thing, and takes no real pleasure in causing harm. But the fact of the matter is, that when the chips are down, she will do what is needed. This includes mindwiping, sifting through a person's mind and the like.
Dark Secret: Jancel is hiding something from her past. For now, the good will associated with her family name is enough to get her through the day, but eventually that will end and she will be forced to come clean.
Mistrusted: People tend to mistrust telepaths, even in an enlightened era as the 30th Century. Jancel feels that mistrust and is even required to display the Saturn logo at all times, announcing that she is telepathic. It doesn't help that she does little to foster trust outside her circle of allies and friends.

Design Notes
  1. DC Heroes and Villains Saturn Girl, dialed up a little.
  2. I have a few ideas for extra powers (such as memory alteration and illusions) but I will save those for power stunts for now.
  3. Knowledge Transplant is from Mental Powers Profile, and fills in a lot of the gaps regarding languages (she really should have Comprehend outside the equipment), and gives her access to skills and abilities as needed without stealing the role of other characters.
Guessing you want these quoted and repasted so we can edit later ?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Thanks for finding a smaller, non-pixilated version of that pic Jewel.. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Legion Dispatch wrote:Form: DJF;c49-023ior Lyle Nah-Wazzo
Requesting official change of Codename
Previous Codename: Quantum Lad
Proposed Codename: Kid Quantum
Reason for Request: Seems to be what everyone calls me anyway ;)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Oops.

You want I should fix that going forward or change it?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote:
Legion Dispatch wrote:Form: DJF;c49-023ior Lyle Nah-Wazzo
Requesting official change of Codename
Previous Codename: Quantum Lad
Proposed Codename: Kid Quantum
Reason for Request: Seems to be what everyone calls me anyway ;)
I don't call him that. Kid Quantum is already the name of two legionnaires who have powers nothing like Quantum Lad's. Just sayin'.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah. I oopsed when I did that... :oops:
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

@ HH: dude your cool. Just having some fun poking the bear.
Bladewind wrote:Oops.

You want I should fix that going forward or change it?
lol, no way my man. I might have been poking the bear but assuming Kid Quantum is no longer active, it can actually be a thing. Just start slipping it IC with the NPCs ;)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

It is true...if the codename is just laying there to be picked up, it would allow Ki...Qua...ummm...the new guy to pay homage to 4 Legionnaires at once. :D

I only have one question...how do I "dude my cool"?
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

sigh you are correct sir lol
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

To keep things moving, does it make sense to keep the timing on the two scenes separate? What about simplifying things in good guys, bad guys?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Definitely a possibility, but as I recently discovered, sometimes it's best just to have one cohesive line... it keeps things from advancing too far in one spot...

I had a build bug, had to get it out, almost there. I anticipate posting tomorrow.