3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

I hope to have us back up and running with a soft reboot (no time travel shenanigans !) within a week or so.

Anyone know of one or two more players that might be interested in joining up?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

If we can keep a solid and intimate four players that feels the most agile. I still think that new characters is only part of the puzzle. We need to either have existing connections and chemistry or the opportunity to introduce our characters and do some character and group development before being thrust into the plot. The In Medias Res approach doesn't tend work as well for RPGs I've found.
RPGCadre

Post by RPGCadre »

Sadly, I don't know many people that play Mutants and Masterminds. Goodness knows that I've tried my best to get newcomers into it. If I do find someone, I'll definitely tell them about your game.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I agree with Tek. One of the troubles had with Dreamer was being dropped into the middle of something I didn't really have a grasp on.

I think it best we run with whom we have, even if It's a little smaller than a normal group. Aim for consistency you know? Maybe once the ball is rolling with that consistency can think about adding in someone new to shake up the status quo.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sounds like a plan.

So. Who has links to who? Who wants to build some connections before I start the action up again?

Here is my side of the plan:

:arrow: When we resume, it will be on Earth. You have reported back to LSH HQ and fulled debriefed on the Source Wall. You were not able to free Wildfire or Dawnstar and Quantum Kid is trapped in the Bleed.
:arrow: Dragonmage, Intrepid and Solarhawk are currently discussing the situation with Brainiac 5 and the Green Lantern, Rond Vidar.
:arrow: Dragonmage will have the opportunity to discuss the situation with higher ranking members of the LSH (ie his peer level)
:arrow: Redstreak, I'm thinking, should either be with or just coming from a training session with Xs (for flavor)
:arrow: Maverick would be reviewing in some form the "darker" side of the equation with Lyle Norg and Salu Digby (members of the Espionage Squad.
:arrow: We'll be picking up with you having the chance to post amongst yourselves and with an explanation of what`s been going on. Theories and available facts.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sounds good. Just pm me any info I would need for that?
RPGCadre

Post by RPGCadre »

That sounds like a perfect place for my character. Since it’s XS, it eases them into things which goes into meeting the team. That is unless there is any connection with others on the team. I’m open for any connections if anyone really needs one.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

so is it just the four PCs at the mo?

Dragonmage used to be a professor at the Academy. He isn't entirely the most welcome member in the Legion, hence why he gets sent all over the shop.

He is good friends with Catspaw, though for those of you who didn't experience the temporal shift, then maybe you met him in the seven years, which makes it really awkward for Dragonmage as he will have no idea who you are.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yes - Four PCs (Maverick, Redstreak, Intrepid and Dragonmage.) Unless someone reading has an idea and wants to throw their hat in?

As for Dragonmage`s persona non grata issues, i like that part of the character and don`t want it to be handwaved away. Fact of the matter is though, he`s needed. This being "sent all over the shop" has resulted in him having a lot of direct exposure to the problem at hand. Maybe find a Legionnaire that is on his side? Catspaw could work unless you have someone else in mind?

The 7 year gap could provide some awkward moments, but I`m sure that can be resolved IC with a few appropriate posts.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Five PCs. What am I...chopped liver? :roll:

Though I confess I've been struggling with some writer's block with my new character. It's been quite frustrating.

What I can tell you is that the character is a hybrid construct mentalist/powerhouse.

I had an extremely well written backstory for the character from a previous campaign, but it was so integrated with the setting that I've having to start almost from scratch.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am Sounds good. Just pm me any info I would need for that?
In the plan. I have tomorrow afternoon earmarked for Me Time. Kids are out all day, as soon as I`m done my week end chores it`s gaming time !
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

RPGCadre wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 am That sounds like a perfect place for my character. Since it’s XS, it eases them into things which goes into meeting the team. That is unless there is any connection with others on the team. I’m open for any connections if anyone really needs one.
I`m in the process of convincing Intrepid to have an interest in the latest Legionnaire. :D
(It`s not taking much convincing, more finding the time for her to post.)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 am Five PCs. What am I...chopped liver? :roll:

Though I confess I've been struggling with some writer's block with my new character. It's been quite frustrating.

What I can tell you is that the character is a hybrid construct mentalist/powerhouse.

I had an extremely well written backstory for the character from a previous campaign, but it was so integrated with the setting that I've having to start almost from scratch.
Sorry - it`s because you haven`t copy/ pasted your character here yet ! :oops:
Y'know, your summary just hit me. Look into Validus. Child of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad, kidnapped by Darkseid. Mentalist/ Powerhouse. If you wanted to retool your character into his twin brother (if you didn`t want to play Validus directly) that is just now appearing, that might make things a lot easier creation wise and still give you the wide berth to carve your own path.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

You've seen the character build though. It's a psionic nonphysical alien housed in a robot construct body. I haven't posted it because I deleted all the old fluff and have been struggling to reweave the concept for the 31st century. I suppose I could make him an odd robot version of Validus, but that doesn't really fit with the astral alien idea quite as much. I don't always get writer's block, but when I do...arg.

I almost wonder if it might not be better and easier to bring Horus over here. He would work pretty well I think, though loses some of the X-Men context that forms half the character.
RPGCadre

Post by RPGCadre »

I`m in the process of convincing Intrepid to have an interest in the latest Legionnaire.
(It`s not taking much convincing, more finding the time for her to post.)

That’s great. I’m really looking forward in taking part in the game. I spent so much time thinking about my characters personality, traits, and quirks. I really hope that they can find the time. You know how life is though; it loves to get in your way and stopping you to do the things that you really want to be doing.
You've seen the character build though. It's a psionic nonphysical alien housed in a robot construct body. I haven't posted it because I deleted all the old fluff and have been struggling to reweave the concept for the 31st century. I suppose I could make him an odd robot version of Validus, but that doesn't really fit with the astral alien idea quite as much. I don't always get writer's block, but when I do...arg.
If there’s anything that I can do to help, let me know. If you want or need a connection, I don’t have an issue with that. If you have an idea and need a connection in some way, shape, or form we can talk it out and come up with something that will get the writer mojo back. What would be your ideal character be for the game? I mean a character that would give you a ton of ideas to work with?