3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 am But you just said he was miffed at just meeting me and protested? Paging Dragonmage...

Also, Rachel Palmer is an obscure reference. ;)
Crud. Writing limitation. I was purposefully filling that with presumptions to gain a reaction from Dragonmage.

And no, the Pheonix is an alternate timeline version of the Legends of Tomorrow. Just a small effort on my part to populate the multiverse.
Rachel Palmer is either the daughter or a rule 63 version of Ray Palmer (The Atom).
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

First post needs hyperlinks. Feel free to copy and paste:

Dragonmage Corrigan
Intrepid II Jewel
Maverick EpicEclipse
Redstreak RPGCadre
Hawkangel TekHed

Intrepid, Maverick, Redstreak still need backstories.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

TekHed wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 pm
Your FACE needs a backstory..
Yeah I need to write a more fleshed out version of the rough one I posted yesterday. And complications, which I also forgot to add.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Hey I put a lot of effort into my backstories! And my face...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 pm First post needs hyperlinks. Feel free to copy and paste:

Dragonmage Corrigan
Intrepid II Jewel
Maverick EpicEclipse
Redstreak RPGCadre
Hawkangel TekHed

Thanks for those !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Regarding Solarhawk, she's not part Thanagarian but is still a reincarnation of Chay-ara. She wears a Thanagarian Nth-metal wingsuit, but are we going with the version of Thanagarians I'm using for Horus from the Justice League cartoons, where they have natural born feathered wings which they (sometimes) wear armor over?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Given she`s a non-Thanagarian reincarnation (as is Hawkman), I'd be willing to let you make that choice.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just waiting on the results of that pm Blade. My weekend starts in about three and a half hours.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Yeah clearly souls can be reborn into other species.

I do like the natural wings Thans over the wing harness notion. Makes their identification with the Hawk symbology more direct and meaningful IMHO rather than saying it's a uniform cultural phenomenon. We can explain their use of the Nth-metal harnesses or wingsuits as a way to augment their natural speed and to create anti-grav vehicles.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Background and complications added to Maverick now.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 pm Yeah clearly souls can be reborn into other species.

I do like the natural wings Thans over the wing harness notion. Makes their identification with the Hawk symbology more direct and meaningful IMHO rather than saying it's a uniform cultural phenomenon. We can explain their use of the Nth-metal harnesses or wingsuits as a way to augment their natural speed and to create anti-grav vehicles.
Well, IIRC, most of the worlds in the Legion owe ties of some kind to humanity. And, I always hated the notion that there was no direct analogue to the Hawks in the LSH.

Thanagarians do have wings IMO and my continuity. Dawn and Jefferson are just because I wanted to include them and be direct legacies of the LSH.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

TekHed wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 pm First post needs hyperlinks. Feel free to copy and paste:

Dragonmage Corrigan
Intrepid II Jewel
Maverick EpicEclipse
Redstreak RPGCadre
Hawkangel TekHed

I kinda have a hard time with a full on backstory for Interpid. She's the daughter of Rond Vidarr and Laurel Gand. She grew up with the Legion, studying time and temporal mechanics and took the colors and codename of her cousin, Intrepid.

I was thinking of stereotyping a little with her, in that her first act as a superhero was to save a plane (or spaceship) if that's not to cliche.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

So just waiting on Dragonmage and Solarhawk to show up. Corrigan, you're up!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

RPGCadre wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:37 pm Redstreak

((ooc: I'll give it a go to see Maverick)

Perception Check : 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

((OOC:Yeah, nope, I see nothing. :lol: ))
You wouldn't "see" Maverick at all. You might hear him if he moves, or smell him if you have a scent power, but the power he is using is not Partial concealment. It's blending and passive concealment :) (That said, a perception to 'hear' him is reasonable since the descriptor of his concealment is remaining in the blind spots of those around.)
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Meaning if you don't suspect anything you don't even get to roll Perception correct?