CORELINE: CRASH TEST WORLD TOUR (OOC, RECRUITMENT)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thokk_Smash

Re: CORELINE: CRASH TEST WORLD TOUR (OOC, RECRUITMENT)

Post by Thokk_Smash »

Marco, I dunno how much you know about Emiya and Unlimited Blade Works, but would you be okay with my using the Variable structure for it? If so, how many points would each rank be? The powers it makes would be limited to offensive powers (Damage, Drain, etc) and powers that could reasonably be used with a weapon-like form.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Here is a first draft...

Shadowbourne
Attributes 20
Str 14, Dex 22, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10

Skills 9(1/6)
Acrobatics 12(18), Disable Device 6(7),Language 4(English, German, Romany, Ukraine), Notice 8(9), Search 6(7), Sleight of Hand 6(12), Stealth 12(18)

Feats 25
Acrobatic Bluff, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus 3(Melee), Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Evasion 2, Move-By Action, Redirect,Sneak Attack 4, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge(Visual)

Powers 49
Shadowflow/Alternate Form:Shadow[Insubstantial 3: Shadow. Concealment 4: All Visual, Darkness/Shadows Only w/Hide in Plain Sight. Super Movement 3: Slither and Wall Crawling 2. Special: Tether(Can attach to target as Shadow: Speed 5, Limited to Tether]30
  • Shadowdiving[Accurate Portal Transmit: Shadows 4 w/Change Direction, Easy, Subtle 2 and Turnabout]
    Oubliette[Dimensional Pocket 10]
Neyaphem[Enhanced Dexterity 6, Extra Limb 1: Prehensile Tail. Senses 2: Darkvision]
Shadowboxing[Autofire Extra On Strength and Indirect 3]

Combat 44
Attack +10(+13 Melee), Grapple +18, Damage +2/Unarmed, +7 Unarmed Sneak Attack. Defense 22(+9 Flatfooted),Initiative +6

Saves 3
Toughness +7, Fortitude +3, Reflex +9, Will +1
Anton Petrovna-Wagner, Shadowbourne is the son of Kurt Wagner, Nightcrawler from a parallel dimension. In that dimension, Kurt Wagner met Laynia Petrovna, Darkstar of the Winter Guard., and had a brief romantic tryst. A tryst that resulted in the birth of Anton. A deeply religious man, Kurt sought to marry Laynia after discovering the pregnancy. However, Laynia did not feel the same. While not hostile to Kurt, she politely refused his offer. She did not, though prevent any contact between father and son. In truth she encouraged their time together whenever possible.

The contact became easier when Laynia became head of European division of X-Corporation during Anton's teenage years. It was at this time Anton full range of gifts became active. . Though not a traditional family in any sense, both mother and father guided and trained Anton in his new abilities. It was during these times that Anton discovered that he made a natural courier, capable of traversing areas that no one could at speeds and ease that no one could match. In a short matter of time, the growing teen became a specialized courier for X-Corporation.

Life is never fair. After a few months of his new job, Anton's world...his whole world crumbled into flames. Through underground legislation, the Sentinel program was fully activated. In a matter of days, the world was at war with mutants. In a matter of weeks, Earth became an apocalyptic nightmare. Over the next few months, Anton became a lone survivor as he watched his Father, Mother, and all of his friends burn and die at the hands of these insidious machines. Only Anton's natural abilities kept him one step ahead of his own demise. In the end, even that would not have held out forever...except that Anton's abilities wouldn't let him fail.

Depressed, suicidal, Anton decided he would take on as many Sentinels as he could...destroy as many as he could before they could end his life. The battle was amazing. A battle of darkness and shadows that were always one step in front of the robots...never where the blaster struck...always just out of reach. Until he was behind them and striking them in places they couldn't respond to. After hours of cat and mouse, exhausted and tired, Anton charged a Sentinel head on, daring it to end his suffering. Just as the blaster started to glow...at the very instance he would have collided with the blaster arm and his very doom, Anton's power through another kink into his abilities.

Instead of exploding into scattered atoms, Anton's gift ripped apart the dimensions in an implosion that sent careening through the Multiverse. In the next instance, Anton found himself in a different place. A place where there where the end hadn't happened. At least not yet. Throwing down the severed Sentinel limb, Anton slid  carefully out of an alleyway. Pulling his hood up, and staying in the shadows, Shadowbourne set out to see where he was...and more importantly, to see if he was too late.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Thokk_Smash wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 3:50 am Marco, I dunno how much you know about Emiya and Unlimited Blade Works, but would you be okay with my using the Variable structure for it? If so, how many points would each rank be? The powers it makes would be limited to offensive powers (Damage, Drain, etc) and powers that could reasonably be used with a weapon-like form.
Only saw the animes on Netflix. Know for a fact that they don't provide all of the info (including the whole all-capitals EMIYA thing). As for Variable, ok, sure, go ahead.

Shadowbourne looks pretty good so far.

((((((())))))

INFORMATION REGARDING THE X-MEN ON THE CORE TIMELINE:

--The first few X-Men who appeared on The Line were... well... their personal timelines were someplace between M-Day and the "Avengers Vs. X-Men" event. They were, for the lack of a better word, pretty highly stressed out.

--As a result, during the first couple of months they performed some pretty questionable decisions and angered a lot of people... it was a disaster. The native mutant community was ashamed to be compared to these guys, and certain things (such as vehicles) had to be sold off to make ends meet.

--More X-Men appeared eventually, as well as other buildings that were connected to them (such as the old Xavier academy) and pretty much put their foot down and reached out. The reconstruction was arduous, but the results were unmistakable.

--Currently on the Core Timeline, Graymalkin Industries (a Mega-Corporation based out of San Francisco) is one of the mayor monetary benefactors of the Xavier School for Higher Learning and its sub-divisions (New York State, San Francisco, Massachusetts) and its off-shoot, the Jean Grey Academy. People with and without powers (and of the latter, not strictly mutants) all receive education on these places.

--As a result of such a close connection, people who work for Graymalkin Industries (even if not mutants or Xavier students) have all gotten the nick-name "X-Men" on the street.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

OK... Shadowbourne is accepted.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hadn't had time to work on my own take of a Link, but I'll try too later. I'm not going to try and make Midna since shadowbourn already has shadow related powers, don't want to toestep.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

So...does this mean he is a part of Graymalkin Industries?
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Well... the team is part of Stingray Industries. Although I guess a degree of indecision about his loyalties could be a good story hook.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alright, I gotta say, it's been days and i still haven't mustered my creative brain to work something into numbers. I'll have to pull my interest despite really liking the concept, so best of luck.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Ok, man, thanks.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

bump. Still open.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I'm considering a submission bit I'm currently at a loss for what to submit.
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

I will submit. build needs to be done and rework background.

Name Experiment X-13, Aron-El, Lance Mcknight
Code Name: Superboy or Superman X
Ht 5 9 Wt 165 Hair Color: Medium-Dark Brown Eye Color: (Varies) Green normally, red when using powers
Gender Male Age 16
Concept: Energy Paragon

Costume:
*Think young justice
Pants: Dark Grey cargo pants with black rigger belt.
Foot wear: Black combat boots
Shirt: Black T shirt with red symbol on chest
Black MMA fingerless gloves
*Solar Absorption suit:
White Long sleeve shirt with shorts.
*Young Justice for visual reference..

Complications
Abnormal Energies: Exotic energies can have a positive or negative effect on him. Gm has final say. Unfiltered "Solar" radiation has a super charge effect; cosmic energy/ray may completely change his powers. Radiation from other planets is just radiation to him.
Motivation: Acceptance: He wants to know if he is more than a clone, weapon, disposable weapon.
Motivation: Justice: Believes his role is to bring in people that normal police and courts can not deal with so they can be judged for their crimes.
Motivation: Patriotism: Believes in the core values of the United States.
Motivation: Recognition: he wants to be just as good as or better than Superman and the other Super Boy
Motivation: Thrills: He likes to fight and take down big bad to prove he is just as good as Superman.
Power Loss: Powers are dependent upon absorbing ambient radiation which the main source is solar radiation. extensive use of his powers, can leave him drained and then it is up to the GM on how fast his body can metabolize radiation to refuel his powers.
Prejudice: Mutant Clone of a legacy hero.
Reputation: He is kinda of a loner, has problems relating to people due to how he was trained ect.
Responsibility: legacy of Superman
Secret: He is a controlled agent and has a mission.
Temper: He gets frustrated on how he is compared to Superman, the other Superboy and any other kryptonian that might show up.
Weakness: control words for obedience and compliance

Background
Project Superman Beyond
Mission is Simple, create a better Superman.

The world needed heroes, well it needed heroes that could be depended on which would bring hope and with that line of thinking the world needed a Superman who answered to a someone. Amanda Waller helped create the first human/kryptonain hybrid designated Super Boy under Cadmus. The death of Joal Kent at the hands of the monster Doomsday combined with the death of the Superboy, Cadmus’s hybrid clone of Superman made Waller go back to drawing board. Waller knew people needed heroes and the people needed Hope which is why she needed to make a Superman for the people.

Pulling data from Luthor’s failed cloning project nicknamed “Bizarro”, updating new genetic material to bond with the original alien DNA, DNA from the fallen Joal Kent, updated technology from various other projects such as the Weapon Plus program, Weapon XI mutant splicing and radiation research done by Dr Banner Waller’s new Project Superman Beyond was something else in the making.

Using the DNA of the original Superman with the natural Hybrid Human/Kryptonian DNA of Joal Kent, splicing the human DNA with the Mutant X gene of the Scott and Alex Summers, using “pooling” technique of Weapon XI stabilized with Wolverine’s healing factor and obtaining a sample of Hulk DNA, adjusting Dr Banner’s Gamma research with radiation Kryptonite emits was the final part of the equation. Experiment X-13 created a more stable, stronger and durable Superman clone. And more importantly a controllable meta-human who was responsible and accountable to someone.

Lance was trained to be a special forces solider. Hand to hand, tactics, survival everything to make him a good solider but not a normal teenager. VR combat training, physic educational training as well as control words for obedience and compliance.

Dr. Katherine Fairchild was in charge of the physiological conditioning of the hybrid. She is part of the Gen-13 program. Her job was to befriend, counsel and guide the hybrid on interacting with people. She “helped” him escape and told him of the academy which is where his future was.
Last edited by Shadow13 on Fri May 26, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Ok, sounds good so far.
Shadow13

Post by Shadow13 »

Background updated. Will work on the build.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Again, sounds pretty good so far. I can see a few story ideas with him and Anton... mostly having to deal with their "parents", yeah, but plenty of leeway there...