Iron City Sidekicks (2E OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Recruiting: Iron City Sidekicks (2E)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

MissRo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:12 pm How long are you gonna keep recruitment open, Bootsy?
July 15th is my deadline.
kanly

Post by kanly »

Judy (WIP)
Judy

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +2 (14), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +2/+6, Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+14), Concentration 4 (+6), Disable Device 10 (+10), Disguise 6 (+6), Escape Artist 5 (+10), Gather Information 8 (+8), Intimidate 8 (+8), Knowledge (streetwise) 6 (+6), Notice 6 (+8), Perform (dance) 4 (+4), Search 8 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 9 (+14)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attack Specialization (Big Stick (Device 2)), Blind-Fight, Cat's Feet, Challenge - Improved Demoralize, Challenge - Improved Distract, Defensive Roll, Distract (Intimidate), Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Equipment 7, Evasion, Fascinate (Intimidate), Improved Aim, Improved Block (2 w. Big Stick), Improved Disarm (2 w. Big Stick), Improved Initiative, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Jack-of-All-Trades, Monkey Climber, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Redirect, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Stealth), Stunning Attack, Swift, Takedown Attack, Tiger Leap(w. Big Stick), Unbalancing Strike, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing)

Powers:
Big Stick (Device 2) (Easy to lose)
. . Whammy (Strike 4) (DC 21, Feats: Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Tiger Leap; Extended Reach (5 ft.), Mighty, Split Attack (2 targets))

Equipment: Armored Jumpsuit, Binoculars, Burglar's Kit, Caltrops, Commlink, Handcuffs, Multi-Tool, Night Vision Goggles, Rebreather, Signal Flare Gun, Utility Belt (Flash-Bang, Laughing Gas, Pepper Spray, Sleep Gas Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Tear Gas Grenade)

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +8, Grapple: +10)

Attacks: Flash-Bang, +4 (DC Fort/Ref 14), Laughing Gas, +8 (DC Fort 18), Pepper Spray, +8 (DC Fort/Ref 15), Sleep Gas Grenade, +4 (DC Fort/Ref 14), Smoke Grenade, +4 (DC 15), Tear Gas Grenade, +4 (DC Fort/Ref 14), Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 17), Whammy (Strike 4), +10 (DC 21)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +1), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +9

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 22 + Skills 23 (92 ranks) + Feats 45 + Powers 6 + Combat 12 + Saves 11 + Drawbacks 0 = 119

Complications:
Family: Judith will move heaven and earth to protect her parents and little sister Mila
Legacy: Judith has vowed to fight crime and protect the innocent, as her mentor MR. Punch did before her
Secret Identity: Judy is secretly Judith Cline, Steel City Creative and Performing Arts School student
Not clowning around: Judith has a temper and low tolerance for jerks/idiots. Mansplain at your own peril
Rookie: Judith is very new to superheroics, on top of still being a young and somewhat naive teenager
Bum Leg: due to her old injury, Judith's right knee has become a bit of a weak point despite Mr. Punch's training

Bio:
a former Olympic level gymnast who was attack by a rival. Mr.Punch trained her to walk softly and carry a big stick.
Judith Cline began gymnastics training at the age of 3. Her parents enrolled her in a gymnastics class Westmoreland Gymnastics School after they noticed her climbing bookshelves in her father’s office and jumping off onto tables before tumbling to the floor. Their thought was that if she was going to do it anyway, at least this way she would know the best ways to do it. She qualified for the school’s accelerated program at the age of 5.
As a youngster, Judith was not scouted by USA Gymnastics, and her coach had no interactions with the national staff. However, he eventually reached out to the National Team Coordinator, sending her a video of Judith with the comment "I believe this kid will help the U.S. team." The National Team Coordinator felt the action was audacious, but she soon invited Judith to national team training camps. At 11 years old, Judith became the youngest gymnast at her school to reach the elite level and began competing nationally.
Judith's main team competitor Christie Gatha arranged for an attack on Judith by an assailant after a practice session. Harding's Boyfriend, Gill Hardly, and her Coach, Shane Eckerd, hired Stan Ota to break Judith's right leg so that she would be unable to compete at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships. After failing to find Judith at her training facility in Pittsburg, Stan followed her to a national competition in Detroit. When she stepped off the mat after a practice session at Kobo Arena and walked behind a nearby curtain into a corridor, Stant struck her on the knee with a telescopic baton, which tore her right ACL. Although she had reconstructive knee surgery the following month, her gymnastics career was over. She was 14 years old.
However, her poise and composition during that time greatly impressed the costumed vigilante Mr. Punch who investigated the high profile attack. In his civilian identity of world famous gymnast George Louis Eyser, Mr. Punch approached Judith’s parents and offered to train her ostensibly for a run at the 2020 Olympic Games, but really it was in hopes that she would become his apprentice. Her recuperation proceeded well and she quickly mastered the physical skills necessary to compliment Mr. Punch in the field, but was only beginning to learn the investigative skills that the profession called for when the incident at the Owl Club happened.
Last edited by kanly on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

disturbing.
"Something pithy this way comes."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sorry for the radio silence. Life and all that. I plan to do a second review of the builds tonight including the most recent changes.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:47 pm Sorry for the radio silence. Life and all that. I plan to do a second review of the builds tonight including the most recent changes.
No worries, Bootsy. I spent the weekend ankle-deep in flopping squirmy capelin (and trying to keep #2 from eating them), so I get it!

La Calavera is pretty much done. Let me know if you want me to ditch the Flurry. I might add a bit to the background, but I kinda prefer it to be a bit vague for this character. If there's anything in particular you'd like me to detail, please ask.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Jolt is fixed on his many glitches!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (2E) (Recruiting through July 15th)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I will be spending tomorrow crunching builds and looking at post history. I am assuming, until I learn otherwise, that builds are complete.

If anyone has something additional they want to add, they can either post here or PM me. :) I'm excited about this one.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Unfortunately this last week has been crazy busy at the office, and I haven't had the chance to get Harrier's background completed. I'm just heading out on a hike with the fam to decompress.

I'm happy with the mechanics, but I know you're looking for a writing sample. I plan on catching up on my posts this evening, if this removes me from consideration I entirely understand.

However, having seen the trailer for Baby Driver, I just have to say that the trailer looks like the Squire to me! So I'll certainly be following the game even if I don't make the cut.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'm still considering the balance of things. I've got to say, you guys have made this difficult.
kanly

Post by kanly »

I trust that you are up to the challenge.
Best of luck everyone!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Our characters are just that cool. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

This week has also not proven conducive to me getting a chance to sit down and crunch numbers and posts. *sigh* Give me until next Monday, please. Feel free to make what you feel are good fixes. Just let me know if things change.
kanly

Post by kanly »

No problem Fuzzy, RL happens to us all. Take your time and we'll be here when you're ready.
kanly

Post by kanly »

Just checking in with you Fuzzy, since today is when you thought you would know who made it into your game.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I plan to send something out tonight. Sorry.