OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
T0DOSKER

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.0 [Recruiting]

Post by T0DOSKER »

I feel the character indecision, for sure. One concept can breed so many ideas, so I've always had a hard time picking one idea to run with. In the past it's always come down to which character I could role play the best, but that doesn't save you in text. I keep thinking I should make someone more distinctly Marvel to really fit into the setting, but I'm an X-Men kinda guy so most of my major inspiration is off the table!

Also, thanks for the welcome!
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Yeah my concepts keep changing like the calendar, but I think I'm gonna stick with this one

@TODOSKER: Yeah I'm having the same problem, The X-men show of the 90's is the main reason I like Marvel today. Well that and the movies have been good.

Speaking of movies, I don't think Venom is going to show up in the new Spider-Man movie. I'm sure they would have shown him in the trailer, but maybe they are saving him for a post-credit scene. Either way I'm trying to fit the symbiote in the MCU, along with the predator alien race.

Right now I'm looking at Alien vs Predator for some inspiration. The movie isn't the best but maybe I can find something interesting for my back story.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Uncanny wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 am Yeah my concepts keep changing like the calendar, but I think I'm gonna stick with this one

@TODOSKER: Yeah I'm having the same problem, The X-men show of the 90's is the main reason I like Marvel today. Well that and the movies have been good.

Speaking of movies, I don't think Venom is going to show up in the new Spider-Man movie. I'm sure they would have shown him in the trailer, but maybe they are saving him for a post-credit scene. Either way I'm trying to fit the symbiote in the MCU, along with the predator alien race.

Right now I'm looking at Alien vs Predator for some inspiration. The movie isn't the best but maybe I can find something interesting for my back story.
You should probably check with da boss to see if he'll allow extra-marvel properties, as scary as the thought of a Predator in a Venom symbiote is.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Man, that cartoon was great. I just recently read a ton of X-Men so that's where my head is at, haha.
MissRo wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 am You should probably check with da boss to see if he'll allow extra-marvel properties, as scary as the thought of a Predator in a Venom symbiote is.
I'd agree with that. I'm pretty much waiting to see what he has to say as well. In the meantime, I'm trolling through the MCU looking for something to strike me. I don't watch enough Agents of Shield to really know what the state of Inhumans is so I'm trying to do some research. The MCU Wiki is actually really good.

Ah man, an Atlantean could be cool...
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Made some updates and tweaks to my submission Miss America.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=464&p=22976#p22976

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Uncanny wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 am Right now I'm looking at Alien vs Predator for some inspiration. The movie isn't the best but maybe I can find something interesting for my back story.

You're really stretching the idea of 'equipment' in that build.
"Something pithy this way comes."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

At this stage I am going to be less focused on the builds but rather the backgrounds fitting into the MCU worls with as little sliding off canon as possible.

Shadowbourne: Build and powers aside for a moment, who is Crowley and how does that origin fit into the Marvel Cinema Universe?

Flynnarrel: You mention the Sanctorum but if you're going the mystic power route I'd like to see more connection with either Strange or, less obvious idea, the Hand as the source of the characters powers.

Zero Prime: I need to see a background and more of the origin. I'd like to suggest something. Look up Isaiah Bradley and think of ways maybe Tomas powers are connected to the super-soldier program from World War Two. See above for thoughts on the mystic connection. The spiritual abilities are minimal so I'm more likely to worry less about a definitive MCU connection for them as long as it "feels" like it should fit.

Doctor Malsyn: Renegade has a strong MCU connection and looks well developed. Definitely not a "classic" icon in training but Marvel has a heritage of monster heroes.

Miss Ro: Ditto for Red Nova, hits the campaign marks ... what would you think of a grandfatherly link to early SHIELD or Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR)?

Uncanny: If you're going the alien route I'd like to see some connection to the Guardians. It doesn't have to be handcuffed but something would help tie him into Marvel's cinema universe.

EpicEclipse: I'm down with a weapon wielding Asgardian but need a background for why and how she is here what drives her.

Camus: Nice background. I can't decide if using the Silver Samurai moniker like this is genius or what. I think the former probably. My only question is there an "origin" for his max human statline? I think the Hand connection might be a good place to work from there.

I'll start again tomorrow with Captain Chaos.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

@ Flynn : I posted his stats on the other board and got the same response that his equipment was over powered. I'll probably lower the PL somewhat and make some of his gadgets devices.

@ Star Guard: I'll whip up a connection between my hero, and Groot. Also how will you be handling Stan Lee in the MCU

I mean the guy is in every movie. If Stan Lee is supposed to be the same character with different jobs ?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:26 am Doctor Malsyn: Renegade has a strong MCU connection and looks well developed. Definitely not a "classic" icon in training but Marvel has a heritage of monster hheroes
Hey, he can get there if given enough time, I promise! :P
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:26 am Flynnarrel: You mention the Sanctorum but if you're going the mystic power route I'd like to see more connection with either Strange or, less obvious idea, the Hand as the source of the characters powers.
He was already there with newly awakened and barely controlled ectomancy, makes sense they would have found him and taken him in. I'll add that to his backstory.

EDIT: I made it more a connection to Wong (though he's probably met Stephen Strange).
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:26 am EpicEclipse: I'm down with a weapon wielding Asgardian but need a background for why and how she is here what drives her.
I was going to switch back to a previous idea, but honestly, I wasn't getting any inspiration with it, so I'll stick with Hildr since I already had a lot going on in my mind for her.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=464&p=22869#p22869

I added a background, personality notes and some complications. Didn't finish up the build yet because I still don't have access to my books right now, which really wasn't helping with my thought to switch to a previous idea.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:26 am At this stage I am going to be less focused on the builds but rather the backgrounds fitting into the MCU worls with as little sliding off canon as possible.

Zero Prime: I need to see a background and more of the origin. I'd like to suggest something. Look up Isaiah Bradley and think of ways maybe Tomas powers are connected to the super-soldier program from World War Two. See above for thoughts on the mystic connection. The spiritual abilities are minimal so I'm more likely to worry less about a definitive MCU connection for them as long as it "feels" like it should fit.
This week has been killer, with Graduation, In-Laws, Birthdays, and a Ball Tournament tonight ... however I have my rough notes and fortunately we are headed in the same direction. Dr. Josef Reinstein, which was Dr. Wilfred Nagel's pseudonym, is my primary point focus for the Bio Chemical Augmentation process. However, I went in a slightly different direction for the Warrior Spirit however, having trained under the tutelage of someone who had visited K'un Lun, as that connection, with it's martial aspect made more sense to me than the Mystic One and Dr. Strange.

Like I say, my notes are compiled, and I will begin to have more free time in the evenings to give them some cohesion and append them to my submission.

Thanks for the input, and I am glad to see our thoughts were heading in the same direction at least.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Established a connection with the guardians, and the predator is now a genetically modified animal just like rocket, but green and taller

I did some research to see if Rocket is supposed to be from the same planet as Groot. I couldn't find a definitive answer so I assumed he was. He seems like the only one in the Guardians movies who can understand Groot speech
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Uncanny wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:43 am Established a connection with the guardians, and the predator is now a genetically modified animal just like rocket, but green and taller

I did some research to see if Rocket is supposed to be from the same planet as Groot. I couldn't find a definitive answer so I assumed he was. He seems like the only one in the Guardians movies who can understand Groot speech
It looks like you heavily used the comic book wiki, which doesn't necessarily line up with the MCU due to how they rewrote a lot of comic canon. Some of it might work on Starguard's approval, other stuff is more questionable.

Groot's homeworld is planet X, not planet Groot, nor are his species called Groots, lol. They are flora colossi, and while they were wiped out, it was by Ronan not Thanos, though the planet itself is still intact by comic canon. A lot of the later canon cannot have happened yet due to Adam Warlock not being around and being a key component to it.

In the MCU, Rocket was experimented on at the Halfworld planet, but in the comics, he was abducted FROM the Halfworld planet. In the MCU, they never actually establish how Groot and Rocket meet up, but in the comics it was where Rocket was experimented on and they escaped together from there.

So what you have may ultimately clash with what may be revealed in future MCU content.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Shadowbourne: Build and powers aside for a moment, who is Crowley and how does that origin fit into the Marvel Cinema Universe?
I posted this in the other thread:
Aleister Crowley was a real world person, or to be honest, persona. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

As for who he was in the MCU, as far as I can tell, he hasn't been portrayed at all. That leaves it wide open...if allowed. Crowley's notoriety was wide spread. He makes for an interesting ancestor. The concept is to tie him into the Council of Nine(Agent Carter) and British Intelligence. The last part of his origin story has MI5 coming...research shows that SHIELD had a British counterpart called STRIKE. Like SHIELD, it was almost completely riddled with HYDRA. After your last mention of Accords knowledge, I can adjust appropriately...if need be.
Now...how I was planning on tying him into the MCU...
OK...want to clear up my thoughts a little for this pitch. The concept is Darkforce Symbiote. This will pull from Agent Carter season 2 and Agents of Shield. In Agent Carter, Darkforce was first known as Zero Matter. It was accessed through a dimensional rift caused during an Atomic Explosion. In Agent Carter, exposure to this extra-dimensional substance altered two characters...one became invisible and insubstantial, the other gain the ability to “absorb” matter by transforming it into Zero Matter. Eventually, the power expanded for the Villainess of the arc, Witney Frost, aka Madame Masque. Like all good shows, she was eventually defeated and her power removed...

In Agents of Shield, two different villains were encountered with Darkforce powers...one absorbs all energy and the other animated his shadow.

Cut to the Marvel Universe Movie Timeline. Anton Crowley...Great, great grandson of Aleister Crowley makes appearances using what appears to be Darkforce in several public escapades/encounters. Crowley's power is the next iteration of Darkforce. This time, the Zero Matter has a quasi form, black tendrils of inky darkness that are reminiscent of Cthulhu. Crowley will still be a British citizen...depending upon the localization of the setting, he will be traveling around. His own family name and the current nature of his new gifts make him an uncomfortable presence for some.

The Darkforce in Crowley's case shows the tendencies of a living being. It is “trapped” in his body. Crowley will have the ability to manipulate it. However, it is a symbiote....it will affect Crowley as such.
Now...I want to have his Great Great Grandfather be part of the Council of Nine, or at least have been involved with them.
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.co ... il_of_Nine

The amulet he gets as an inheritance was the last scrap of Zero Matter.

The connection is indirect, that I will admit. However, it will allow for a lot more lateral development if Grymm is selected.